August 29, 2014 | 1699 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by defygravityy19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I applied this product with the powderpuff, my skin looked flaky. However, when I used a brush, it looked great! Until I started breaking out, that is. It's an okay product, just not with my skin. I hardly ever get pimples but using this powder resulted in many blackheads!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by taraguipame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes! I tried it after reading the reviews in MA and I loved it! I use it alone or on the foundation and is perfect, soft and smooth, keeps my skin free of oil and the color match my skin very well (medium beige 2-2.5), I'm glad I bought it and would buy again.....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Roksolana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a pretty good powder in my opinion. I use it to set my foundation and sometimes to touch up my oily t-zone throughout the day. It does a very good job at keeping my face matte and at the same time doesn't look like I have an obvious layer of powder on. I use the Medium 0-1 shade but on my skin it looks almost like a translucent powder - there is no actual colour to it. I would definitely recommend it, especially to people with oily skin.
One thing that bothers me is the packaging - it sometimes pops open. I guess it was a good idea to have two compartments in the package: one for the powder itself and one for the puff+mirror, but I find that the mirror gets all dirty with the powder from the puff. Another piece of advice: change the puff on a regular basis and don't let it get all gross because it just collects all the dirt and oil from your face. I just buy Quo powder puffs at the drugstore and replace them every two weeks or so.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by makeupismyawsome123

UGGGHHHHHH i hate this product so much.I dedcited to purchase this because Aubrey fafinettex3 on youtube have raved about this. All i have to say about this product is that it sucks.Dont waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by flagrl561

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh, I wanted to like this powder. I've researched this product and it seemed like many people liked it. It has been described as good coverage, matte, glowy, etc. I know that many got bad reactions to it but the packaging said that it's oil free and won't clog pores. So, I got it at Ulta for $4. I used it once and it broke me out the next day. Funny thing is that I was telling my husband that I was kind of scared to try it because my skin looked so good. Then the next day, after using it, I broke out. I used the Origins Out of Trouble Mask as a spot treatment at night and it took care of the blemishes nicely. Sad to say but I must return it to Ulta. Glad I kept the receipt.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Circa1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this powder for touch ups over my liquid foundation during the day~ I can't bring my favorite loose setting powder around with me, so this works very well to cover up those oily spots around my nose and cheeks.

I for one LOVE the packaging, lol! It is sooo much fun to play with and it is just so cute. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by cutieanik

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! I have an oily nose, so I use it mainly for that. I use it as a finishing powder on top of my liquid rather than foundation. It is way too sheer to use as a foundation alone. Anyways, this really does keep my face matte all day and doesn't oxidize. And I don't look too powdery when I put it on. I used MAC blot powder before but I like this a lot better!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't really like the way this product was packaged. It was difficult to open and I found whenever I put this on my face it made me look REALLY cakey. Even when my skin was nice and moisturized, this powder made my skin look cakey and dry. I was really hoping this would be nicer from all the positive reviews, but I definitely regret buying this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Funtabulosity329

Meh. Left quite a bit to be desired. Had virtually no coverage. I'm only 13, so i don't need a full coverage, but i do have some dark spots on my forehead from previous bouts with acne that I'd like to cover. This didn't deliver. Even when I first put it on, the coverage was more of a translucent loose powder than a pressed powder with actual color! And it didn't last throughout the day. I put it on and it feels really nice and smooth on my oilfield forehead, but after less than an hour- forget about it. My forehead is back to feeling horribly congested with oil, as it always feels, making me wanna desperately wipe my forehead clean with an oil-blotting sheet. The thing I love about this powder though is the formula. It's very smooth, almost creamy. Very finely milled. Applies well, doesn't get cakey on my dry or on my oily parts. But it just doesn't last. I mean, I don't expect it to last on my mega-dry cheeks, cause nothing powder ever lasts there, even blush. But, I kinda expected it to just stay on those oily areas all day, masking the oil production and keeping it at bay (as in non-existent). But it didn't. So disappointed. I never had a problem with actual shine on my face, just oiliness. So, I don't know how great it is at controlling shine, but since it didn't last more than half an hour, and it left me feeling oily and being oily after awhile, I'm gonna just take a gander here and say that it would fail epically at controlling shine, if I had any. And the great light-coverage-without-heavy-liquids search continues. *sigh* would not repurchase. I'll use it up, but just cause I don't want my money to go to waste. Even though it already has.....

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Grace52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was horrible. It clung right to the tiny hairs on my face [which everyone has] and made it look like I had pounds of make-up on, when I didn't.