August 27, 2014 | 1699 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by emwo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh. To be completely honest i don't really see what all the hype is about this brush. I tried it with liquid foundation today and it was too sheer for me. I prefer my Tarte kabuki brush (i wish i could make a law that everyone has to own this brush). So i've been using the 187 for a blush brush. It does a nice job, but isn't anything that a regular blush brush couldn't do. Maybe i would be more impressed with it if i used it with a darker or super pigmented blush. I use orgasm which is the perfect shade for my skin tone and is really hard for me to overdo so i dont' really worry about using a light hand with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by tepurnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy moly! This brush is good. I never thought a brush could make my life so much easier. I love it, love it, love it. Applies foundation like a dream. So worth getting!

***** 5/19/09 UPDATE ***** Just bought another one! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have one for powders and another for liquids. If you don't already own it, go out and get one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

IN LOVE!!!!!!!! this brush cuts my makeup time in half. i use it for almost everything on my face from foundation to powder to blush....EVERYTHING!!! just the airbrushed look i've been looking for!!

well yeah it's an expensive brush but a really good alternative is the duo fibre brush from "Adriana Karembeu"'s line...exactly the same brush for 18 euros.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by tararae

This brush is as good as everyone says it is. I used it for blush EVERY day, I've had it a year and it looks as good as new after a quick wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Angie7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent brush, like everyone says it will give you an airbrushed finish. It is a bit to large to apply blush for people with high cheekbones, so I don't use it for that. I am using it for finishing powder and reach for it constantly. The brush is easy to clean, luckily I did not have a problem with shedding. Smells fine from the beginning, and I have heard it is great for applying liquid foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by thewomanwarrior

The MAC#187 is an excellent multipurpose brush for applying foundation, powder, blush, and highlighters. I prefer to use stippling brushes for application of cosmetics because of the natural airbrushing look. I would have given 5 lippies if the brush didn't bleed with every washing. I've had the 187 for almost a year and it is still bleeding! One time, I thought all the dye drained off the brush when drying; however, when I applied my liquid foundation, I ended up getting the grayish black dye on my face! Another thing about this brush is that it will shed a few hairs the first few times. I remember I had to pick off a few hairs from my face after applying liquid foundation. This also happened when a MAC makeup artist was giving me a makeover. She used the MAC#187 to apply studio tech on my face and she also had to pick up the shedding hairs off my face. After awhile, the brush will stop shedding. I use the MAC#187 on a daily basis but I prefer the cheaper Ulta Professional Highlighter Powder brush (also a stippling brush) over it. If you're on a budget, grab the Ulta brush (check out its review on makeupalley), it works just as well as the MAC#187 and it will only bleed after 1-2 washings (the bristles also look and feel the same but the handles are different). I love MAC but why pay $42 for a brush when there's a cheaper dupe that works just as well. With a discount, I only paid 19 bucks for Ulta's brush. If you already have the MAC#187, I suggest that you try out the Ulta highlighter powder brush and compare it as well. For those of you who don't have the 187, in my opinion, you won't be missing out on it if you use the Ulta highlighter powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've got 2 of the 187; One for foundation & the other for the more pigmented blushes & highlighters. It's a really multi-functional brush and gives a really airbrushes finish without too much effort.

I usually use my fingers for liquid foundations but on my lazy days & days I don't want to get my fingers dirty, this brush is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by Besitos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOOOOVVEEE this brush!!! It was truly worth the $42. I use it with MAC's Face & Body foundation and it applies foundation like magic. It actually makes application of foundation feel good (sounds weird but true). Now I want the 188 for blush application!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 2:17:00 AM More reviews by tenderheart003

I pretty much begged and pleaded for this for Christmas and I'm glad I did :) I have been using the flirt skunk which is good but not very dense. This distributes my blush perfectly, although I did learn that even though it distributes pigment so lightly that doesn't mean I can pile NARS blush on the brush and then onto my face without looking like Dolly Parton! I haven't tried it with foundation yet but I can see that going swimmingly. I will report back on that front. The only negative thing I have to say about it is that it totally reeked like chemicals when I took it out of the plastic. Horribly. I washed it with gentle cleanser and it bounced back as soft as ever and stink-free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

This is a must have brush that can be so variedly used to amazing results. I love this for buffing out my liquid foundation, buffing on bronzer, for putting on powder or blush. This is the best! A great and worthwhile investment piece.