August 22, 2014 | 1174 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This may just be my HG mascara. I have thin, light eye lashes and this makes me look like I have EYE LASHES. It is what it is called: High impact. I apply only to the top lashes but I don't get any smudging in my concealer even after crying. I can't expect much more than that. I use a creme make-up remover and the product comes right off but I can see how it may be difficult to remove otherwise.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by casinista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara because I wanted to try something new after having used Diorshow for some months.
First I thought it was nice, but after a few application ... terrible! I like the "drammatic look" and so I apply about 10coats or so... (which worked great with Diorshow).. but with this mascara my lashes get clumpy and spidery! it's horrible..
the black is not very dark but Diorshow isn't either..so whatever.. I'm looking for something really black so I guess I'll try the diorshow blackout.
but the most annoying thing with this mascara is to get it off! It takes me ages to remove it completely (diorshow was much easier) and (!!!) I loose so many lashes when I remove this mascara! this never happened with Diorshow!
Plus, after finally having removed the mascara, inside my eyes there are rests of the mascara!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will never use this mascara again. I guess I'll give it to my friend..
I guess this product is fine for someone with allergic problems or very sensistive eyes...but not for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by punkgyrl

I'm on the fence about this one. I like it sometimes and I hate it sometimes. It's lengthens and thickens my lashes but it doesn't keep my lashes curled. A month or two down the road, it'll just start clumping on me. I guess they do dry out pretty fast (and I don't even pump the wands when I use them).

The price is pretty good for a department store brand but I'm still looking for an HG mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by shelly0729

I love the wand applicator, doesn't clump at all..I got this in a little trial size when I bought another Clinique product for my skin, I went to Sephora the other day and saw it and picked it up! $13 is not bad too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

really like this mascara, really lengthens and adds volume to my lashes. Doesn't clump too bad, does a little but that is okay. Does not leave raccoon eyes either. The wand is a little large though, makes it hard to get the outer corner lashes, but I like the non-smudging factor, so it's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2008 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Ronbong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall Rating 4
Price 4
Packaging Quality 3
Buy Again No

I have a sample tube of this mascara. I normally don't like Clinique product, I think the only thing that makes it in the premium range is the price. But this mascara is quite nice. I used MAC Lash prep+prime before putting mascara on. The texture is a little runny I guess coz it gets on my upper lids (which doesn't happen when I use other of my mascaras). Does give the big lashes effect ^^

I wouldn't buy it myself. There are better same price or even cheaper mascaras on the market.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by swtbabykitty87

PROS:
_washes completely clean!
_no strong odor.
_ no clumps or flakes.
_very minimum smudging during the day.

CONS:
_doesnt hold much curls, i even heated my eyelash curler because it helps it curl better and lasts longer, but after putting this mascara on, the curl i got lessened.

overall, this is a pretty good everyday mascara. you can achieve a "natural" look with one coat, but you definitely have to try 2 coats or more to see its capability. with 2 coats, my lashes got both volume and length. im really happy that this is so easy to remove because i dont like using makeup remover( too oily) and i dont like too much of a hassle of taking mascaras off, resulting in tugging my eyes giving them wrinkles. im not sure if id buy it again because i want to try other brands,but this is a pretty good mascara! (=

p/s: i have average lashes with average length.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2008 8:42:00 AM More reviews by IrkaY

I use this mascara every day and I am happy with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by BAA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mascara did not work for me, at all. Maybe it's the weather here in Singapore, but this just smudged like crazy. It took at least 3 minutes just to dry the tips of my lashes. The formula is too runny. When i tried to put on more coats, it clumped. Blinked my eyes, it smudged. The brush, stiff. The product; sucked.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe that I am giving a Clinique mascara high marks. This stuff is awesome. I have tried Chanal Inimitible, Diorshow, Lash Blast and so on. This stuff gives me lots of mascara to work with, long defined lashes and is pretty long wearing.

I remember Clinique as having a history of crap mascara, but this stuff is very very good.

Upate:
This does not wear well. At the start of the day, my eyes look amazing but by the end of the day there is not a lot of lash left, sadly.