MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 7/5/2009 9:19:00 PM

I love Painterly Paint Pot :) It's just a perfect neutral eye primer. It could be worn alone or below eyeshadow/eyeliner. It's creamy but dries quickly, so you have to blend it quickly. I would recommend this for people with oily lids, since it leaves a matte/dry finish. I think it's about $17 (I could be wrong), yes that might be a lot to pay for some, but it will take a long time until you finish this pot up. I've had mine for almost 2 years, I've used it every day since (A little goes a long way), and I still have a lot to use up before it's empty. Everyone is different, so you might want to try a sample before you decide to purchase.

on 7/5/2009 9:07:00 PM

This was my first bass it was first used on me at a MAC counter and it lasted all day my eye make up looked great. So I bought one, and it just hasn't done a good job it only lastes for an hour or so and then my eye shadow starts to fade, the only thing I can think of is maybe because I only have it on my lid cause that is the only place there is shadow but that shouldn't affect it. So for me it is not a good primer but everyone is different if it works for you good, but it doesn't work for me.

EDIT so I have started reusing this and applying a good amount and spreading it all over well it crease after a few hours but it is making the shadows last so hey it is pretty good. Over all I now have use for it but I don't know if I'll get it again.

on 7/3/2009 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I do confess that I have a little bit of a paint pot addiction. While UDPP is a superior primer, I still can't stop buying paint pots. Most of them sit in my drawer of eyeshadow bases slowly decaying, but I find that I use this one quite frequently. It is the perfect fleshy tan color that blends right into my skin with an added brightening effect. It holds my eyeshadows nicely, but if I'm dealing with pigments there's nothing I trust but UDPP. For the traditional pressed powder eyeshadows, this paint pot does the trick and lasts for pretty long. I think that I will buy a second :)

I was excited about trying the MAC paints as everyone here seems to love them. The paint went on feeling heavy and 'grabbed/pulled' at my eye lids. When I tried to apply pigment afterwards, it did not blend well. I won't purchase a MAC paint pot again.

on 7/3/2009 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I've been on a quest to find the best matte nude eyeshadow cream. and it was here all the time.. right in front of my nose.. absolute HG!!! and the product id an excellent base as well... but in the summer i go back to the nude colours but all year long it is the perfect to go shade and base,, adore this little gem!!!!

on 7/3/2009 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Again, I always put a 4 for the price of the product, becuase I know that MAC can be expensive but, they do have amazing products that I love.

I am an NC 42-45 and painterly is definately my go to paint pot for an everyday neutral color. It makes my eyeshadow seem more vibrant, not to mention imy eyeshadow doesn't crease. Like i said I use this for an everyday thing, if i'm trying to go for a smokey eye i use Groundworks

on 7/2/2009 2:56:00 AM

I recently got this and tried it on, I thought the texture was really hard but soon to find out it was just the first layer of it and you just had to rub it for abit longer to get the product.
This is EXTREMELY Pigmented and versatile.
I haven't tested the staying power but over the reviews i've read, I doubt it will be a disappointment.
Love this so far! Hopefully getting more paint pot soon!
Update 5/07/09- It creased within the first two hours but i think it was because I didn't know how to apply it properly. I like it but i wouldn't say I love it .. For the price, it is also very expensive for a teenager like me.

on 6/29/2009 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this! It's great to throw on as a base, or to wear just for a little extra color with very little makeup. Doesn't crease all day, which is fantastic, and something I often have problems with.

on 6/28/2009 6:35:00 AM

Before I discovered this product my shadow used to crease or disappear by the end of the day. Since using this my shadow remains perfect all day. It also evens out the colour on my lid and up to my brow which is nice. I apply it using the ecotools shadow brush which is nice and firm and it blends out perfectly.

on 6/27/2009 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Amazing product! I Love MAC Paint Pots! I don't know how I ever got along without them. My eyeshadow blends over it like a dream and stays put all day long into the late evening, it's absolutely flawless until I take it off...and I live in a hot and humid climate! Simply one of the best products out there! It only takes a tiny bit for each use and one Pot seems to last me forever. I'm going to pick up the Soft Ochre shade next, it's similar to Painterly but Soft Ochre is a yellow beige which is better for olive skin tones and painterly is a nude (or more pinky) beige. Either way MAC Paint Pots are definitely on my HG product list.

Top Rated MAC Products