December 22, 2014 | 1694 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by rissa1456

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin and I have never found a powder that worked this well. Even professional powders. It does not look chalky. Good colors and this controled my oil for 6 hours instead of 1 like many others.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by AsylumFreak

To me this pressed powder is the best I ever bought because it's great for oily skin even though my nose gets a little shiny when it's hot and I usually buy the Mac studio fix pressed powder plus foundation but, if I can't buy it or don't have the money then I buy the maybelline dream matte pressed powder!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by citrusraspberrylove

The product itself is great.
This by far is the only pressed powder that I have tried that keeps my face shine-free. I am a makeup junkie, so I have tried a lot of products, including pressed powders. This gives your face a soft feel and a fresh look. The reason why I give this product 3 stars is due to its VERY limited color selection. I knew that the lightest shade would be too light for me and that the second lightest shade would be too dark. I have light skin so I bought the lightest one. I put it on and it made me look pale, too pale. I guess the lightest shade goes well with those who have porcelain skin - which I do not have. If only this product had a wider color selection, I would buy it again. =/

A WIDER SELECTION OF COLORS please!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by defygravityy19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I applied this product with the powderpuff, my skin looked flaky. However, when I used a brush, it looked great! Until I started breaking out, that is. It's an okay product, just not with my skin. I hardly ever get pimples but using this powder resulted in many blackheads!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by taraguipame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes! I tried it after reading the reviews in MA and I loved it! I use it alone or on the foundation and is perfect, soft and smooth, keeps my skin free of oil and the color match my skin very well (medium beige 2-2.5), I'm glad I bought it and would buy again.....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Roksolana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a pretty good powder in my opinion. I use it to set my foundation and sometimes to touch up my oily t-zone throughout the day. It does a very good job at keeping my face matte and at the same time doesn't look like I have an obvious layer of powder on. I use the Medium 0-1 shade but on my skin it looks almost like a translucent powder - there is no actual colour to it. I would definitely recommend it, especially to people with oily skin.
One thing that bothers me is the packaging - it sometimes pops open. I guess it was a good idea to have two compartments in the package: one for the powder itself and one for the puff+mirror, but I find that the mirror gets all dirty with the powder from the puff. Another piece of advice: change the puff on a regular basis and don't let it get all gross because it just collects all the dirt and oil from your face. I just buy Quo powder puffs at the drugstore and replace them every two weeks or so.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by makeupismyawsome123

UGGGHHHHHH i hate this product so much.I dedcited to purchase this because Aubrey fafinettex3 on youtube have raved about this. All i have to say about this product is that it sucks.Dont waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by flagrl561

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh, I wanted to like this powder. I've researched this product and it seemed like many people liked it. It has been described as good coverage, matte, glowy, etc. I know that many got bad reactions to it but the packaging said that it's oil free and won't clog pores. So, I got it at Ulta for $4. I used it once and it broke me out the next day. Funny thing is that I was telling my husband that I was kind of scared to try it because my skin looked so good. Then the next day, after using it, I broke out. I used the Origins Out of Trouble Mask as a spot treatment at night and it took care of the blemishes nicely. Sad to say but I must return it to Ulta. Glad I kept the receipt.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Circa1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this powder for touch ups over my liquid foundation during the day~ I can't bring my favorite loose setting powder around with me, so this works very well to cover up those oily spots around my nose and cheeks.

I for one LOVE the packaging, lol! It is sooo much fun to play with and it is just so cute. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by cutieanik

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! I have an oily nose, so I use it mainly for that. I use it as a finishing powder on top of my liquid rather than foundation. It is way too sheer to use as a foundation alone. Anyways, this really does keep my face matte all day and doesn't oxidize. And I don't look too powdery when I put it on. I used MAC blot powder before but I like this a lot better!