Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 4/8/2007 10:03:00 AM

I doubt I would pay full price because it takes the curl slightly out of my lashes but not badly. Does not irritate flake or look bad after I put on 3 coats. Coould be more volumizing but then I understand one can't have both volume and non flakiness. Excellent for lentghtning and color and would be perfect if it did not take the curl out of my lashes I so carefully put there with a curler each day!

on 4/3/2007 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wore this on my wedding day for I wanted a product I could count on. This product, be it waterproof or regular separates, lengthens, doesn't smudge or flake. I have allergies and contacts and have never dealt with irritation. Both formulas leave the lashes soft and natural, yet darkened and improved. I can wear it all day, and can cry and sweat even in the regular formula without issues. I personally like a darker and fuller lash (think false lashes) and this product does not deliver that look. This is a great product for layering, for day wear, for a natural yet defined look.

on 3/31/2007 7:16:00 PM

So many different types of people in this world, and so many different types of eyelashes. For me, at least, this is my favorite mascara. I have been using it for 30 years. Well, Lancome mascara for 30 years, maybe this was called Immencils before it was called Definicils. I don't remember back that far. It separates my lashes, makes them long and perfect, never stiff. Just really natural-looking. Never bothers me. Never smudges. I've also used the Aquacils (waterproof) and that's fine too. But love the Definicils. Until I find a better product, I'm sticking with what I know and what works for me.

on 3/25/2007 3:27:00 AM

This mascara is nothing special for me. I should have gone with my first thought on this, and realized it truly is over hyped, well for me anyway. I don't see any significant difference when I wear this. Plus it makes my lashes look like spider legs, which to me isn't really that flattering. I feel that my lashes stick together too much. I am patient when applying so I've tried waiting in between coats, but still it just doesn't do it for me. I should have gone with dior show, works SO much better! My gosh, I love that stuff, plus... you get more mascara (I think) than you do with this mascara. For I think maybe the same price. Anyhow, I don't really care for this, it may work for you but not for me. I'd say that if you're looking mainly for length this is more for you, if you'd want more volume go with something different, because I don't really think this gives any volume. This is how it worked for me anyhow.
My lashes are pretty thin and long, no volume, so maybe this mascara isn't for my type of lashes?
Also, I've noticed my lashes seem to fall out now? I think it's cause it makes them too stiff? I really don't know if it's from this product or not, but it did start the day after I started wearing this. I think my lashes may be sensitive?

on 3/24/2007 12:30:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product. The plus points - doesn't smudge, flake, leave panda eyes, irritate. The minus - clogs really easily, makes the lashes look too thick and a bit overdone for me, doesn't hold the curl of my lashes enough. I prefer a more natural look and am still on my quest for the wonder mascara for me. Just started using Masterpiece Max and my eyelashes are more curled and natural with this but I think it is a little irritating. Still searching for that holy grail mascara!!

on 3/22/2007 5:21:00 PM

Love this mascara. I have fairly long lashes and lots of them. I hate the look of clumpy mascara. This one just separates the lashes nicely (like no other i have tried). It is a drk gray (not really black) but back enough. I have it in the non waterproof. Its pricy but i reckon its worth it. Also, a tip, after curling with my Shu curler, i go over the lashes with clear (cheapo) mascara and then put this mainly on the ends. Works well.

on 3/19/2007 10:12:00 PM

I got this in a sample for the first time and fell in love with it. This mascara has some way of magically gripping even the smallest of hairs and thickening and elongating them. I see very minimal black smear/particles under my eyes throughout the day, which is a definite must. It lasts all day (which most mascaras do - this is no exception). I'm guessing there are probably equally as good mascaras at the Drugstore (maybe?), but since I'm at Macy's way more than CVS, I'll continuing buying this :)

on 3/16/2007 8:43:00 AM

HG HG HG!!! This mascara rocks. I got a GWP size about 5 years ago and have been using it ever since. I've tried others, but always come back to my beloved Definicils. This mascara holds the key to everything I'm looking for in a mascara. It never flakes, smudges or clumps. Removes easily with any makeup remover. (I like Bobbi Brown) Nothing separates like Definicils! When used with Shiseido mascara base I get long, lush, curled lashes with one coat of mascara. Just one coat!! It's a clean dramatic look, if that makes any sense. I find it works best if you squeeze the brush in a tissue for the first few applications. It doesn't give much volume, but for length, curl and separation, Definicils is the bomb. The brush is amazing. It's the perfect size to get all of my lower outer lashes without a struggle. The packaging is so chic too. I LOVE IT!

on 3/7/2007 1:01:00 AM

Wonderful, one of the best mascaras in the world. I've been using it for many years; probably since its inception. I recently bought the waterproof version, too, and am very happy with it, but I'd like that one to be a little thicker.

on 3/6/2007 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I always go back to the mascara after being let down by others, though its not perfect it still works really well.