December 22, 2014 | 1863 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine1990

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i wanted something to protect my hair from heat styling but also something light so it wouldnt weigh down my hair. so i decided to try this. now ive only used it twice but both times my hair was shiny and silky and if anything had a bit more bounce and volume to it!!! will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 5:38:00 PM More reviews by twinkletoes0613

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is good! Performs just as well (if not better) than Nexxus Heat Protects IMO.....it doesn't make my hair feel weighed down at all or sticky (like L'Oreal heat straight), and its ingredients are similar to Nexxus but far cheaper. Less than 4 bucks,,,,give ita try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by DaffodilFields

Initially I reviewed this as not liking it. Maybe my drier, winter hair likes this better, b/c I can't skip this in my routine now. I spritz a half a dozen times immediately after my shower then comb thru. Afterwards, I style with my flat iron or blow dryer, and my hair looks healthier and feels stronger. I have peace of mind knowing that there is at least some barrier between the heat and my hair, since heat can take a major toll on your locks. This leaves my hair looking shinier and considerably healthier.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2007 5:54:00 AM More reviews by alex_bradley

I really love this spray.
For the longest time, I had been using Biosilk silk therapy on my hair, and I loved it, but the price was kind of ridiculous.
I spray the heat tamer in my hair after getting out of the shower and towel-drying my hair. When I dry my hair, my hair has volume and is really soft.
I will definitely recommend this to my friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2007 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Naoto

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Works pretty good :) I'll definitely stick to this until I ever find something better. Love the misting effect you get when you spray it, feels like it's getting every inch of your hair instead of alot into a little stream!

UPDATE: I went away from this for a while to try something new. Other stuff helps smooth better but this is just overall easier to work with. No greasy effect :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2007 8:13:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this product works extremely well for me. i have extensions which tend to get tangeled and dry and i straighten my hair every other day. it makes my hair "feel" healthier when i use it for streightining wit an iron, it keeps it from tangling (i got waist long hair) and overall i feel like it makes my streighting efforts last longer. i just bought my 2nd bottle today. i like the bottle and the clever spraying nozzle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by laur_8706

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel like this really is protecting my hair from the heat. I blow dry everyday and my hair was getting kind of dry so I decided to try this, and my hair has been much softer since I started using it. Who knows if it actually does protect the hair, but at least it makes me feel better!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by rhimix

This is not a great heat protectant, but it's good for the cheap price. I use this in conjuction with a heat protectant hair balm before I straighten my hair. I use a very little bit but it keeps my hair from becoming fried. The bottle sort of sucks though, the top keeps coming off and this leaks everywhere! Ugh. But oh well, it's not bad, I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. The fact that it costs about $6 and is available everywhere is a huge bonus! I had been using Chi Iron Guard and tried a ton of other products but find the TRESemme is just so awesome. It does a great job of protecting while not leaving my hair stiff or crunchy... and it gives great shine. Nothing but good things to say about TRESemme Heat Tamer and I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by ajacakes

On a whim, I bought this, and it seems to have a really staying, protective effect on my hair. I have long, dark, v. thick white/Asian hair, and I attack it frequently with a medium-large barrel curling iron for waves/curls. I also blow it out sometimes, too, and for both processes, this really seems to:

a. result in better hold and/or texture
b. make hair shiny, soft and touchable

And, of course, it's drugstore. The bottle is a little awkward and weapon-esque, but there it is.