September 2, 2014 | 890 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by rhimix

This is not a great heat protectant, but it's good for the cheap price. I use this in conjuction with a heat protectant hair balm before I straighten my hair. I use a very little bit but it keeps my hair from becoming fried. The bottle sort of sucks though, the top keeps coming off and this leaks everywhere! Ugh. But oh well, it's not bad, I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. The fact that it costs about $6 and is available everywhere is a huge bonus! I had been using Chi Iron Guard and tried a ton of other products but find the TRESemme is just so awesome. It does a great job of protecting while not leaving my hair stiff or crunchy... and it gives great shine. Nothing but good things to say about TRESemme Heat Tamer and I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by ajacakes

On a whim, I bought this, and it seems to have a really staying, protective effect on my hair. I have long, dark, v. thick white/Asian hair, and I attack it frequently with a medium-large barrel curling iron for waves/curls. I also blow it out sometimes, too, and for both processes, this really seems to:

a. result in better hold and/or texture
b. make hair shiny, soft and touchable

And, of course, it's drugstore. The bottle is a little awkward and weapon-esque, but there it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2007 8:16:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I'm really surprised that I like this. It smells good and leaves my hair smelling that way, with no residue. Not sure if it actually protects against heat, but does a great job smoothing out the hair. With a little serum to boost op the shine, this is not bad. Plus, it's affordable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2007 6:19:00 AM More reviews by themarshmalo

I really like this! I've been using it for months for my hair. I have very long, thick, straight hair that I blow dry every day, so I try to protect it. I DO use this with Paul Mitchell Quick Slip, so perhaps the softness of my strands can be attested to THAT. But, I think it does the job and it's cheap. Nexxus has something similar but I refuse to pay $15 for a spray.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I haven't noticed much difference when using this, except that my hair smells a lot nicer. The pump is a little awkward, but it has a wide spray range which allows for more distribution of the product in less time. I feel like this makes my hair feel a little sticky, but maybe that's because when I straighten my hair, the flat iron doesn't steam out all of the product. Anyway, it's something I could live without.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by HotttestBlde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is average. I like the VO5 Miracle Mist better. Yes, the Tresemme comes in a larger container; however, the VO5 delivers superior results. I won't repurchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by allsmiles123

I was told by a hairdresser that it's important to use this type of spray when using a flat iron because it absorbs the heat before your hair does. Well, I blow dry and flat iron my hair daily and the last thing I need is more damage to my hair, so I decided to pick up this product. I spray it all over my hair but concentrate moreso on the ends. The product hasn't changed the effects of my other hair products so that's a plus. I've also noticed that my hair has been softer. Because I don't want to fry my hair, I'll continue to use this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by witchcurlgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just wanted to drop a line to the poster below. I was shopping this weekend, and almost bought the Nexxus spray. Then I picked this up, read the ingredients and saw that they are exactly the same. So I spent $3.99 on this instead of $12.99 on the Nexxus.

The product worked well. It made my hair smooth when I ironed it, and its been holding up well. The spray has helped my style stay looking good for a few days.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2007 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ksdjfklsdjf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this because I wanted something that would protect my hair while hairdrying and straightening it. It made my hair soft and shiny. I stopped using it now...although it claims to protect your hair i couldnt see any real difference because it still looked a little damaged. I do believe it helped keep frizz down and minimized the damage somewhat though. Im now going to try a similar product called Heat Protexx by Nexxus...