April 21, 2014 | 947 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 7:57:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After this won the cosmo mag beauty award, and has been raved about by hair stylists I had to try it. Yes, you do need a barrier between your hair and heat. Something to lightly coat the outer layer like this will help. It won't be a miracle, but it does help stop damage. It works for most hair, but all you can do is try it and see if it works for you. My results are great, so I'm sticking with it until they decide to stop making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2006 6:32:00 PM More reviews by TheLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Some of you have been commenting on the merits of this product versus V05's miracle mist. I just wanted to let you guys know that other than fragrance the two products are the same. The ingredient lists for both read exactly the same and they are both made by Alberto-Culver USA. If one works well for you the other one should as well so just pick which one is either cheaper or smells better!
I currently have the V05 version but since they're the same I'll go ahead and give this product my praise. I straighten my hair almost every day, and I started noticing my bangs getting that crispy, fried look so I knew I had to use some sort of heat protection product. Well, this stuff really works. I don't notice that it makes my hair any easier to style but I just spray it on my dry hair right before straightening it to protect it. Now, months after purchasing it I haven't had any more problems with dry, over-heat-styled hair. It's great stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 8:18:00 PM More reviews by diggity

Works well. Nice, light smell and SUPER cheap. I just prefer serum or creams as pre-heat treatments. They seem to work better with my hair type.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is good. I like how the mist is very light and controllable. I never straighten my hair without it since it helps to keep my hair straight all day. It smells good, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2006 10:56:00 PM More reviews by spooky_natalya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

cheap, and effective! really made a difference when blow drying my hair and that ultra fine mister is great! it's like it gets ever single hair, i can't live without this, it really put a stop to frizzies and gave me a nice gloss. made my hair way more managable too!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2006 10:42:00 AM More reviews by tualmarebelde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I blow dry my hair everyday and this product left my hair very dry and crispy! has anyone else had the same experience?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2006 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Nelly126

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! It's my HG. I have tried practically every leave in/heat styler possible from drugstores and high end products. They all seem to work like a charm the first 2-3 uses and then they coat the hair and it does not work any longer. This product has worked for me and given me beautiful results with EVERY use. I have waist length curly hair. I use this for blow drying my hair and as a leave in also in letting my hair air dry. I just towel dry my hair, spray the heat tamer, detangle my hair and then start the scrunching process. My hair air drys into beautiful curls, shiny, healthy and super soft. I receive compliments all the time while my hair is straight or curly and I owe it to this product. Give it a shot. Leaves the hair super soft, weightless and not feeling as if there is any product at all on it. Which is a huge plus in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2006 7:16:00 PM More reviews by blondemommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been using the V05 Miracle Mist, but got disillusioned with how quickly I was going through bottles of it (and my hair is only to my collar bone). And since this product has 8 oz. instead of 5 or so oz., I thought I'd give it a try. I honestly can't tell the difference between the two as far as quality. I actually like the smell of this better than the Miracle Mist. To me Instant Heat Tamer smells like fruit/berries. I'm sure it's not a smell everyone will find appealing, though. But to me it is pleasant. I think I will continue to buy this product, unless my hair suffers from it in the long run. I highly doubt that is possible though, since my hair has been like straw for ages. LOL...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Justina17

I was very disappointed in this product. There is no alcohol listed in the ingredients but I definitely can smell it when I spray it. My hair seems to be more drier than usual through out and near the roots it's kind of poof.

I used the V05 in the past and flat ironed in my sleep and it always came out pin straight and shiny. I'm definitely taking a trip over the border this weekend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2006 8:20:00 AM More reviews by patpatpat

I only use this when it's absolutely necessary i.e. before straightening iron. But that's the only time I can use this stuff. In my mind I think it's protecting my hair... maybe it's only in my mind! Anyway, can't use it with normal blow drying cos it doesn't do much and makes hair dirty much quicker. Now that I don't use straightening irons or even blow drying my hair much (going for a more natural wavy look...) there's really no use for this at all! Just collecting dust... Oh well. Will not buy again.