October 26, 2014 | 1536 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2007 8:13:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this product works extremely well for me. i have extensions which tend to get tangeled and dry and i straighten my hair every other day. it makes my hair "feel" healthier when i use it for streightining wit an iron, it keeps it from tangling (i got waist long hair) and overall i feel like it makes my streighting efforts last longer. i just bought my 2nd bottle today. i like the bottle and the clever spraying nozzle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by laur_8706

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel like this really is protecting my hair from the heat. I blow dry everyday and my hair was getting kind of dry so I decided to try this, and my hair has been much softer since I started using it. Who knows if it actually does protect the hair, but at least it makes me feel better!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by rhimix

This is not a great heat protectant, but it's good for the cheap price. I use this in conjuction with a heat protectant hair balm before I straighten my hair. I use a very little bit but it keeps my hair from becoming fried. The bottle sort of sucks though, the top keeps coming off and this leaks everywhere! Ugh. But oh well, it's not bad, I'd buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. The fact that it costs about $6 and is available everywhere is a huge bonus! I had been using Chi Iron Guard and tried a ton of other products but find the TRESemme is just so awesome. It does a great job of protecting while not leaving my hair stiff or crunchy... and it gives great shine. Nothing but good things to say about TRESemme Heat Tamer and I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by ajacakes

On a whim, I bought this, and it seems to have a really staying, protective effect on my hair. I have long, dark, v. thick white/Asian hair, and I attack it frequently with a medium-large barrel curling iron for waves/curls. I also blow it out sometimes, too, and for both processes, this really seems to:

a. result in better hold and/or texture
b. make hair shiny, soft and touchable

And, of course, it's drugstore. The bottle is a little awkward and weapon-esque, but there it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2007 8:16:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I'm really surprised that I like this. It smells good and leaves my hair smelling that way, with no residue. Not sure if it actually protects against heat, but does a great job smoothing out the hair. With a little serum to boost op the shine, this is not bad. Plus, it's affordable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2007 6:19:00 AM More reviews by themarshmalo

I really like this! I've been using it for months for my hair. I have very long, thick, straight hair that I blow dry every day, so I try to protect it. I DO use this with Paul Mitchell Quick Slip, so perhaps the softness of my strands can be attested to THAT. But, I think it does the job and it's cheap. Nexxus has something similar but I refuse to pay $15 for a spray.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 1:06:00 AM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I haven't noticed much difference when using this, except that my hair smells a lot nicer. The pump is a little awkward, but it has a wide spray range which allows for more distribution of the product in less time. I feel like this makes my hair feel a little sticky, but maybe that's because when I straighten my hair, the flat iron doesn't steam out all of the product. Anyway, it's something I could live without.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2007 7:34:00 PM More reviews by HotttestBlde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is average. I like the VO5 Miracle Mist better. Yes, the Tresemme comes in a larger container; however, the VO5 delivers superior results. I won't repurchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by allsmiles123

I was told by a hairdresser that it's important to use this type of spray when using a flat iron because it absorbs the heat before your hair does. Well, I blow dry and flat iron my hair daily and the last thing I need is more damage to my hair, so I decided to pick up this product. I spray it all over my hair but concentrate moreso on the ends. The product hasn't changed the effects of my other hair products so that's a plus. I've also noticed that my hair has been softer. Because I don't want to fry my hair, I'll continue to use this product.