Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

3.7

AQUA (WATER) . CYCLOMETHICONE . GLYCERIN . TALC . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL) . PEG/ PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE . MAGNESIUM SULFATE . TRIDECETH-3 . METHICONE . METHYLPARABEN . SQUALANE . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . “NF8897” .

on 4/9/2003 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The first designer product I personally ever bought and after feeling faint parting with the money (twenty pounds)I have to admit a tube of the stuff lasted me nearly a year and it was like stroking perfect luminous liquid skin onto your own. Absolutely amazing stuff - shame its not cheap but then it is YSL.

on 4/7/2003 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After hearing so much about this product I knew that eventually I would break down and have to buy it. This is one of those purchases I didn't really want to make. Part of me was afraid I would find it was a miracle cream. The other part was convinced that this was just an overpriced highlighting cream - how special could that be?
The truth is I don't think there is anything special about Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. I don't have circles under my eyes - thanks only to heredity not because I get plenty of sleep. I don't normally wear concealors or highlighters. I tried using this cream as an eye shadow base and for one of the few times in my life my eye shadow creased and looked awful. That was a big disappointment! When I use this cream under my eyes it just highlights the fact that I am getting older. I found it settles into lines I didn't even know that I had! I tried it on other parts of my face and just couldn't get any kind of affect that would make this product worthwhile to me. So I am very relieved that I don't have to invest $35 in this product again. I hated the applicator too since you couldn't see how much product you are getting - I suspect less than you think you deserve for this horrendous price.

I really like this product. I have dark circles and use this AFTER all my other makeup (with concealer)It's a nice product as a finishing touch, but not as a concealer. I would buy it again, even though it is a bit pricey. It lasts for a long time though. I have tried other cheap versions, but this is the best.

on 3/24/2003 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use to intern for Women's Wear Daily as an assistant to the stylist at a photo shoot. I learned a lot of Amazing tricks from the make-up artist and best one I still use to this day is the radiant touch stick. It really highlights the shadows on your face. I was taught to place a line down the bridge of your nose and blend...unser each nostril and blend, across the ching and blend . NOw that I am older and getting a few under eye wrinkles I have found concealer to be too heavy. have switched to the radiant touch, it gives the right highlights without being cakey and actually accentuating wrinkles. I LOVE THIS STUFF!

on 3/16/2003 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

As a 49 yr old makeup artist who's on her sixth Radiant Touch pen in three years, I'd like to add my two cents on this amazing beauty item: Is it a concealer? Is it a highlighter? The box states it's a highlighter, illuminator and corrector. So it's NOT a concealer. It's a must-have highlighter for anyone going before a camera. There's something in it (?) that catches the lights/flash and pulls shadows out of the darkness, especially those by the mouth and nose, and smoothes out the topography of the face. Under the eyes: I use it OVER concealer when there is an indentation between the eye area and the cheeks. If there is any puffiness, the important thing to remember is to not put it directly on the puff, but around it. I also use it for illuminating and correcting lip lines. Looking in the mirror, you may not see much improvement, but I suggest you try taking some pictures with a digital or polaroid camera, with and without the TE, to see the difference in the finished effect.

My only complaint is the inability to SEE when the pen is running out, which is why I buy them two at a time HTH.

on 3/14/2003 7:25:00 AM

It didn't cover my dark circle,and it made me look too pink.I may got the wrong colour.Anyway,I'll try another shade before giving up with this product.

on 3/12/2003 12:25:00 AM

I read all the bad reviews, and from my observation, I don't think this product is made for people who permanently have bags or super purple/dark circles. I personally LOVE this product, but I think it's meant to be used on people with just moderate dark circles resulted from heavy partying the night before or stuff like that. If you're one of those people that *always* have bags under your eyes because you were born with it, why not cure that first, THEN use this product. I mean, IT DOES makes your face glow, IF your skin condition is RIGHT for it. It's like if you know you have big bags under your eyes, why don't just go for concealers that are more of a solid than fluid?

It's like if I had dry skin, wouldn't it be wrong for me to give a matte pressed powder a bad review just because it's chalky on my face? Because what may be chalky on my face could be great on someone with oily skin. It's the same way with Radiant Touch. It's not meant for people with heavy dark circles and permanent baggies! No offense to anyone - just an observation. Other than that, this stuff is great. I use it over YSL Lisse Expert eye cream. Doesn't crease at all.

on 3/8/2003 9:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Tried this one night at Saks' and it didn't cover my hereditary dark circles at all - and it made my undereye/cheek area itch like the devil only a few minutes after application. Yikes!

on 3/3/2003 12:32:00 PM

Although this is a very expensive purchase i was not disappointed! It made me look bright eyed even after a long night out. It did seem a good value for money as it lasted 6 months i wouldn't definately recommend it to anyone

on 2/28/2003 5:26:00 PM

I bought this product because everybody seemed to think it was the best thing covering dark undereyes. I was disappointed. It did not cover my purple shaded undereyes. It just seemed to make them worse. usually i also have some puffiness under my eyes and then using this product is definitely Not.
Not only that. Product started smelling weird very soon after I used it the first time. And it seemed to irritate my undereyes as well.

Popular Primer/ Correctors