LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 5/23/2005 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just started using this product. I gave into all the hype. I'm not quite sure yet what to think of it. it is quite expensive for such a little tub. The plasitc tub that everyone is complaining about doesn't bother me. What does bother me is how when your trying to add some water to the paste, i lose some of it because it falls out of my hand into the sink! I guess i'll get better at that. The smell is lovely, and it does make my skin soft. I find however my face is more super soft and clean when I used the Crash Course in Skinscare mask, but I guess this does nicely for something on the go. I haven't decided yet if I'd purchase it again.

on 5/12/2005 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love Angels.Its so gentle and leaves my skin soft and smooth.A must for me.

Update: tried this again recently (Sep 2012) and as I've had no problems with it in the past, applied it all over my skin- big mistake! I had one of the worst reactions I've ever experienced. I checked the ingredients list and there seems to be a new addition; Tagetes Oil, which apparently is from the dahlia/daisy family and can obviously cause a reaction on sensitive skin like mine, so if you've never used this oil before, I would strongly recommend a patch test first!

on 5/4/2005 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product was nothing i expected, and did not resolve in water at all. it was not exactly cleansing, but still felt oddly ok.

after about 2 weeks time now, i love this thing! to resolve this in water, i crush a peanut size ball in my palm with very little water using my thumb, then it becomes workable paste. and this makes my skin soft and clearer.

i would not reccommend this if you have oily skin. i have sensitive normal to dry skin, and still this product feels pretty oily. good way of oily, not sticky or greasy at all.

ADDED: i would not buy LUSH's 'fresh' items any more. this angels got rotten in 2 month time. and i got a new aqua marina from the shop and found out the expiry date sticker was amended by the shop owner.

CANNOT TRUST lush items any more especially this kind of fresh items. BEWARE!

I had such high hopes for this product, and they were utterly crushed. When I first opened it up, a waft of fresh herbs was a pleasant surprise. The scent is calming and refreshing at the same time, and is the only reason why I gave it a 2 instead of a 1. Beyond that it was too difficult to use!

The ingredients are Ground Almonds, Glycerine, Kaolin, Lavender Oil, Rose Absolute, and Lavender Flowers so there wasn't really a soluble vehicle to hold it all together as a paste, even when I filled my hands with water and tried to mix the stuff together. I felt as if I was just taking the almonds and herbs and scraping them against my skin instead of applying a cleanser. My face was bright red as if I had just scratched it up!

Not to mention one single use took a large portion and at $10 for a little plastic tub that becomes an expensive habit real quick! I attempted to use this 3 times before returning it to the store and exchanging it for a couple of their cleansing bars (much better, by the way!).

on 4/25/2005 1:50:00 PM

Nothing special about it. It's kinda oily.

on 4/22/2005 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best cleanser I have found for skin. It keeps my skin clean, clear and glowing. The almond bits are a great gentle exfoliant.

The package leaves a bit to be desired...and it is important to keep out any water, otherwise the product will get moldy and be ruined.

on 4/18/2005 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This has done a lot for my skin- it has made it look a lot clearer. Plus I love the lavender scent.

on 4/12/2005 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ok, so the packaging is crap. We all know that. However, one should never judge a book by it's cover.... which actually applies twofold with this product as, at first sight, it looks pretty awful. Grey, grainy gunk with little pip-like bits stuck in it. However, this gunk will soon become your best friend if you, like me, happen to suffer from psychotic skin that likes to be exceptionally greasy yet flaky at the same time. All flakes are gently sloughed off (as opposed to sand-blasted off with nasty sharp particles) and grease is kept to a minimum afterwards. You are left with a squeaky clean, but not tight, sensation that lasts a lot longer than many of AOBS's more expensive and less impressive counterparts from other brands. Highly recommmended.

on 3/31/2005 5:45:00 PM

This product is AWESOME. It smells heavenly (It's full of fresh lavendar), and it's very kind to my skin. My skin literally glows after I'm done with it.
The only con? It is kind of hard to get used to using... you have to mix it with water yourself and then use it. But you get the hang of it fast.

Go into lush and ask them for a sample, you'll love it!

on 3/2/2005 1:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using Angels on Bare Skin for several years, and it's my HG facial scrub. It's gentle enough for me to use in the winter, when my skin gets dry, but it's still effective in the summer. I love its all-natural recipe: almonds, lavender buds, and a little glycerin. Sometimes I just pat a little bit on, and rinse it off; sometimes I apply it more thickly and leave it on for a minute or two, as a mini-mask. Cleansing, smoothing, and soothing. I'm devoted to Angels.