August 23, 2014 | 1786 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2003 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Layla_Lee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loce this beauty bar!! I have been using it ever since I was a child and it is the holy grail of all wal-mart soaps...and dirt cheap, too...My granny used this till the day she died, and her skin everywhere looked 15 years younger than she actually was...It's mild, and the scent doesn't trigger my asthma...Everyone should try this product at least once to feel what you've been missing!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2003 5:10:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always wanted to like Dove, because a dermatologist recommended it to me as a great, mild soap. For me, though, it just doesn't clean my face well enough, and it seems to leave a film. It would probably be perfect for someone with dry skin, although you'd still need to moisturize.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2003 5:23:00 AM More reviews by lissaSBC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this soap! I just started using it recently since my aunt told me she had been using it for years. I use this on my body, however in the summertime my body is prone to breaking out if I use soaps that are really heavy. However, this soap is perfect! It keeps my skin smooth and cleanses it. I want to try the scented version as well. Highly recommend this if you don't want a soap clashing with your lotion or perfume!

Update: I just started to buy this again for bathing and I love it. Reminds me of my grandmother, in a good way. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2003 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Leonidas

I never liked using a soap bar anywhere else than on my hands. I'd generally get my hands feeling all dry too!
Anyway one day I was snooping through my mom's beauty stuff and fell on this soap I had see many comercials about... Since i felt like trying it out I used it on my hands and I was pleasantly surprised, no pulling and dry hands and nice smell. So it became my official handwasher. I only started using it on my body when I realized one day I had forgotten to buy shower gel. so then again I was pleasantly surprised.
Finally I decided to start using it on my face when I got my labret piercing because the piercer told me to wash with a non perfumed and non agressive soap (months after my dermatologist told me that soap was a much better cleaner than any drugstore acne prone skin cleaner).
So this Beauty Bar is good for all areas, non agressive, it doesn't dry the skin AND it's even perfect to clean newly pierced areas!!
What more could one want?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2003 3:21:00 PM More reviews by quietone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Dove! I have been using it since the dermatologist recommended it to me years ago for my acne-prone teenage skin. I love the dewy feeling it leaves on your body. I guess some people might think of it as a film or residue, but to me it's moisturized skin. I keep waiting for them to come out with a facial skincare line (moisturizers, toners, etc.).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2003 1:28:00 AM More reviews by YolandaMC

My derm suggested that I use Dove, since it's so gentle. Since then, I've gone through many bars of soap. It cleans my skin without making it feel tight or dry. It's inexpensive & doesn't aggravate my oilyness. Good stuff here.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2003 7:05:00 PM More reviews by eliza138

i will always be loyal to dove. fancy-schmancy body cleansers will never do the job like this little soap, oops excuse me, "beauty bar."

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2003 2:40:00 PM More reviews by kopo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I simply love this soap! The only inexpensive soap that doesn't dry my skin. In addition, it's easy to access whenever I need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2003 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Gabi

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

An undisputed Holy Grail.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2003 5:31:00 AM More reviews by bablondie25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

MY HG soap. Soft, smells great and moisturizing , but hey didn't the bar get smaller??? Buy on sale.