November 27, 2014 | 1394 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by glitzerland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish this had worked for me.. I was SO excited to finally try this once it came out in Canada. And I paid like $20 which is pretty pricey for a DS foundation!
I've used this for about a week now.. even after my skin repeatedly warned me that I should take it off.. like right away. This feels TERRIBLE on my skin. As soon as I put it on, I literally cannot wait to wash my face and get it off because it irritates my skin SO bad and makes it super itchy. But even after experiencing this, I still was in denial and wanted to keep wearing it because I thought my skin would adjust. The third time I wore this, I got a few small bumps on my chin (which is the driest part of my face) and around the sides of my mouth. They were so tiny though that I convinced myself I just needed to moisturize better and then it would work fine. But nope, this dries me out so bad. My skin feels irritated, itchy, and after a few hours starts to look flaky. After trying it for a final time today, it finally noticeably broke me out and even after taking it off, my skin still feels so irritated and I keep wanting to scratch. Lesson learned...
I wanted to like this so bad :( The colour was perfect, it made my skin look absolutely flawless, it lasts so well.. like it would've been THE HG if my skin didn't hate it so much. I love love the way this looks, but hate how it feels on my skin and what it did. I am actually so sad.. both that I wasted money on this and that my skin reacted so badly to it.
Be careful if you have sensitive or dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Transformix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I put my picture up to show you what this foundation looks like on me. I for one love this product, it goes on easy and honestly you can barely tell I'm wearing it. Doesn't feel overly heavy on my face and the application is easy to apply. I would use this again. My colour was Ivory.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Nena06

I was gladly surprised with this foundation! this is the first time I buy a Revlon foundation. I have always heard great things about the Revlon Colorstay liquid but never purchased because I was trying to finish the ELDW. I decided to give the Whipped Foundation a try and I am glad I did. It leaves a satin finish, looks soft and natural. I don't need to settle with powder which for me is a plus and it last a long time. I apply it with my fingers, i find is the best way. The texture is thick and its medium coverage. I doesn't oxidise, it actually looks better on me through out the day. For reference I am NC30 I got warm golden 320. So far my skin has not reacted to it in a negative way. I like it better than my ELDW and Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. I bought it on sale at CVS $10 plus a $2 discount :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by swtdreamsx3

This product is so on the fence for me.

As for the product itself, I actually enjoyed it more than I initially thought I would. I must admit at first glance I was extremely skeptical. It comes in a heavy glass jar (appearance wise, super cute) but not very travel friendly nor is it very sanitary (use a small makeup spatula to transfer if possible). The thick creamy (not necessarily 'whipped' as claimed) consistency screamed "acne" but of course I never listen to my gut instincts and I bought a jar. Boy, was I glad for not listening to myself lol I tested it for about two weeks now and I haven't broken out yet! (Note, my skin is EXTREMELY sensitive, if my skin doesn't like something it won't be shy to tell me lol)
I hate the fact that the best way to apply this on your face is with your HANDS! :[ I was not too fond of the application with a brush, sponge etc.SO MAKE SURE YOU WASH YOUR HANDS!
Its leaves a satin finish which is nice, it feels very light weight and the coverage is surprisingly amazing, very build-able.
I got my jar on sale for about $11 before tax but I think it retails anywhere from $13-17 dollars depending on where you shop.
All in all, I'm really pleased with this product. Its a nice everyday foundation if you're trying to budget and can't afford to use your expensive holy grail foundation daily. Revlon gets my stamp of approval once again. :]

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been my favorite foundation for the summer 2012. I have 30yr old fair, warm toned, acne&clog-prone skin and wear a mix of Ivory + Buff (the 1st and 2nd lightest shades) Ivory is right for me as far as skin "Depth" goes, but Buff is better undertoned for me so I have to mix which is ok!
Other than that, this is perfect in my eyes. It has amazing staying power, never rubs off, doesn't "oxidize" or change colors throughout the day, hasn't broken my finicky skin out, & definitely helps keep my uber oily skin matte.
Having super oily skin it's not always necessary for me to wear moisturizer before foundation, but with this one I do have to or it can appear flaky -but that's not an issue.
I have several ways I like to apply for the best look -A damp wedge sponge using a "dabbing" motion, a damp beauty blender, or if I'm SUPER moisturized underneath I like to use my Real Techiniques Stippling brush & stipple then blend it on.
I've found that the biggest difference between this & original colorstay is that this one has a bit more "dimention" to it -if that makes sense? The original seems a bit blah right after applied (which is of course always easily fixed with blush, highlighter, & m/u setting spray like MAC fix+ or a RoseWater toner like Boots) but this one has a *kinda* dewy look to it without actually being dewy (is the best way I can describe it?) -It also doesn't require very quick blending like the original which is nice of course to have a longwearing fndtn that you have time to work with before it "sets" :)
My only minor gripe is the tub packaging.. I don't care for things that come in tubs (I'm a total germ-a-phob.) so don't like sticking my fingers in there over & over again. But I was able to fix that but decanting this into another bottle with a small baby food spoon ;D But not only is the tub not fun to stick your fingers in, it's also huge & bulky and weighs like 10 lbs lol (or at least it feels like it does!)
When I think of all the amazing positives to this foundation though, it makes the negatives seem quite minor. I highly recommend & will repurchase. This is my HG full coverage foundation to-date!

**UPDATE**
Well, during the time I was using this I was noticing clogged pores/closed comedones popping up here& there from time to time (you know, those skin colored bumps that *never* come to a head? UGH, I hate em!) I kept denying it was Revlon CS Whipped & thought it was just "my skin" (which is finicky & very clog prone and slightly acne-prone even though I'm in my 30's). But when the weather changed here from a hot humid 2012 summer to a dry fall/winter, I began using different foundations, figured I'd keep this set aside for summer use only and my skin cleared right up.. So I went back to it several times to see if this was indeed the culprit of my breakouts & low 'n behold, every time I wear this foundation for more than 2-3 days in a row those darn little clogged pores start popping up :(
So.. Due to that I've changed my overall rating from 5 stars down to 3, and my Yes "would you repurchase?" to a NO.. While I did love the finish and longevity of this foundation, it's not worth having clogs and blackheads.
After reviewing the ingredient list on Cosdna I realized that this foundation contains an ingredient by the name of: ethylhexyl palmitate, which is a deal breaker for me in every cosmetic product it's in :( (other examples that contain ethylhexyl palmitate Maybelline Dream Fresh BB & Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid -- both gave me the same result - clogs)
& I do remove CS Whipped properly (I know it's a common misconception that people only breakout when they're not removing their long-wearing foundation properly) -but I oil cleanse 2x day, every day. (with mineral & grapeseed oil) so not completely removing this is not my issue, unfortunately :(
Overall, I think this is great if you're not sensitive to ethylhexyl palmitate like I am. But if you're someone who's been broken out by Maybelline's BB Cream & Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation you *may* want to stay away from this as well (or at least patch test it for 1-2 weeks before using it all over)
I'm quite disappointed :*(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by scrowell

OK, so I usually do not go out of my way to write a review (although I am obsessed w/ reading them) anyway, I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS! In high school I used to religiously use maybellines dream matte mousse (it was my thing) it was med. coverage and literally kept me matte and the finish was a soft matte look, just very fresh! My first year in college I broke out and my skin was never the same, tried to use the dream matte and it only added to the problem, after that I knew I had to discontinue it forever (so sad)! As of now my acne is completely gone minus the occasional monthly gift from aunt flow..its pretty good and I am so thankful! I use tartes tinted moisturizer for everyday because I dont need much coverage, and its light weight. BUT I do love and want a full coverage for when I have a special event or just going out for the night...Ive heard countless raves about this and finally bit the bullet and bought one. My shade is warm golden (for reference I am an NC30) its perfect! I decided to use it one morning before work to test it out (8 hr day) and umm, HELLO I am in love! First off, ladies seriously use your fingers for this! The finish is airbrush status! Right away I was reminded of my ex holy grail found. in high school but way better (thats saying alot). I recently use to use Makeupforever HD and it seriously is not worth the hype, it made me look cakey and I had pools of oil by hour 2 (not kidding), but this...no right away the finish was flawless it was not too much coverage I could still see the few sun freckles on my nose (barely) and I didnt look like a barbie, I just looked like a flawless me! It had a soft matte finish, but looked like my skin still. By hour 5 it looked like I had just applied it! WOW! Seriously, this stuff is amazeballs! Heres the best part by hour 8 i STILL looked flawless no touch ups needed, maybe a little oil on my nose but thats expected and nothing near what it normally is! So I finally found my holy grail going out found.! IN LOVE! And not gonna lie I am normally a high end snob with a lot, but this is the best I have ever foound! SO happy! And it also never broke me out! Woo hoo! Go get ya some, girls! Its worth all the talk, and raves it gets!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Brandye

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved the Nude shade in this foundation. It was a perfect neutral, one of my best shades ever. The foundation applies smoothly, but accentuates fine lines terribly. My skin looks dry wearing this.

Why Revlon didn't put this foundation in a tube is ridiculous. Why they put this in a large, glass heavy jar I don't know. It's inconvenient to stick a plastic paddle in the foundation to apply to the face. I won't buy again because of the accentuation of fine lines and the glass jar.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I bought this because of the raves here on MUA. I have no regrets and I love it. It blends and looks natural while giving medium to full coverage. I love how easy and fast it is to work with. My favorite foundation has always been double wear by estee Lauder. I still love this but I also will be using this new one for my quick and less important events. I always like having a drug store back up item in case I am traveling and need to pick it up due to lost luggage or what ever odd thing may happen. Revlon has done a really good job on their foundations. The price on this is a bit steep but worth it. I also wish it had a pump or was a squeeze tube as that would be more sanitary. Try it you will like it! I bought mine at Target.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by number1sister

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like some of the reviewers here, I think this is a really nice foundation. And, like some of the reviewers here, I think the shade selections is limited. I bought the Buff, and while the color kinda matched my skin, it wasn't the greatest. To all cosmetic companies out there: make something that does not oxidize, and how about some more yellow based foundations? OK, so it did oxidize on me, and unfortunately it broke me out. However, I read another reviewer that said that this was a great foundation on the nose, and I agree. I have a devil of a time getting foundation to stay, and look natural on my nose. This did. So, rather than return it, I am keeping it and using it only on my nose. I tried using it this way and blending my regular foundation with it....it worked!!! Looks like I am going to have this jar around for a long, long time. Another thing, sometimes after I have applied my makeup, powdered and used the setting spray, something happens that messes up the finish. You know, like sneezing or accidently brushing up too hard against your face. Well, I found out yesterday, that this is ideal for repair work. Just pat a tiny bit on, and blend lightly, presto...it matches your foundation, and blends seamlessly. I am going to put a small bit in a tiny container to go into my makeup tote, and my purse.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Homiekfizzle

I absolutely love this foundation. It seems like I've tried every foundation there is, from department store to drugstore, and this surpasses them all IMO. I think the key to this foundation is in how it's applied. I first use clean fingers to roughly apply it to my face, then go over it with my SK flat top brush. I usually do this twice for fuller coverage, as my skin is very red and I have a lot of acne scars I'd rather cover then show off to everyone. Once I'm done applying it with my fingers/brush I go over it lightly with a damp beauty blender just to get any excess I have left over and on me, this makes my skin look the most flawless it ever has in my 6 plus years of wearing makeup. Staying power is great, I get about 9 hours of being shine free, and even after it is very minimal. Hasn't broken me out and I've been wearing it for over a month. I'd definitely recommend it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No