January 26, 2015 | 1932 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Dee987

I'm NC37 and got warm golden. Good match. It feels so silky when you apply it! Glides on well with my fingers or brush. I can't compare this to the original but I can to higher ends. The coverage isn't the best. One application and you can still see blemish scarring although the redness calms down. When I build it up it looks and feels heavy so I don't end up doing two coats. The finish is not matte at all. It kinda feels greasy and gross. You will definitely need to powder your face AND touch up during the day. Also, it doesn't last long and transfers more than higher end brands. I wanted to love it but I guess I'll only use it up on a regular day and not at an "event". In the end everyone's face is different.

My advice? If youre on a budget and do not have oily skin then go for it! If youre looking for your HG than look elsewhere. Use a good primer and definitely invest in a trusty powder! .. And dont rub or try on clothes cause it will wipe off.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Julia805

Horrible! This made me break out like nothing before! The whipped texture is really nice and easy to blend but after its on, I just feel that it's too heavy and made my oily skin even shinier looking. Plus I needed like 10 pumps of my cleanser to get this stuff off!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by OnlyLex20

I got this foundation and loved it!But after about 3 weeks it stopped working cause my skin got used to it.It made me look more oily then I am.I have normal skin so it's rare for me to break out.This foundation is medium to full coverage.It's easy to blend and has a matte finish.It's worth the price and the try!I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin.I used a foundation brush to apply it,and i loved the finish and pigmentation but it did not last long even when I used a primer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by selenajade

Alright so I have a few things to go over about this foundation, but let me tell you right now- IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN THIS IS THE FOUNDATION FOR YOU-

Color- I have pale skin- not ghost pale, not on the edge of tan- just pale with slightly pink undertones. 220 nude is my shade and matches almost perfectly!!:) It says it has sixteen colors, but I only saw about 12 at walmart maybe they were out of some? For color selection it's not the best but AMAZING for a drugstore brand.

Staying Power****- this is key for me. I have oily-very oily skin. NOTHING has ever stayed on me from tinted moisturizer to high end matte full coverage stay 24 hour crap. Seriously I get up at 5:30 to get ready for school (8th grade) and put this on… it stay matte and doesnt fade for literally atleast 9-10 hours. (Probably longer I just havent worn it for any longer) REALLY THO ITS FANTASTIC

Price; Some people complain that its "too expensive" for a foundation. wow, shutup there are so many over 50 $ foundations that are dirt compared to this. And i heard it can get up to 15$ but at walmart its only 10$ so if youre a penny pincher buy it at wally world:) but really worth the money either way

Coverage for acne; I have a pimple or two on my chin and it covers just fine. Although i usually use my concealer with that just to make sure. and it hasnt broken me out after using it for two weeks;)) HOLLAAAA

Coverage in general; can be medium-full. and light if you only put a little bit. Im a medium-light coverage girl and I just apply with my fingers, OH also this is almost like a primer and foundation in one ( I use my neautrogena shine protection primer still) but it really feels like it has somewhat of a silicone base and makes your skin soooo smooothhh.!!

Packaging, they did well appearance wise. I dont mind puting my finger in a container but the only thing i dont like is the white plastic lid under the actuall lid, i only dont like it because i always drop it and then it get some foundation left over on the top everywhere. literally my only complant about this foundation but honestly they couldnt have put in in anything else!

ONE WARNING- DO NOT put powder on this, even if you have REALLY oily skin like me, at first this is somewhat a satin finish but after a few minutes becomes MATTEE. The first day I had this i put some powder on because of the little bit of dewiness and later at school i was shocked to find out i looked like a chalk face monster, which was scary but also really said that this foundation DOES STAY MATTE.

this is my savior foundation, GO AND BUY IT SERIOUSLY:) <3

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by lightlessness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was just not for me. I really wanted to like this and actually read all of the reviews here before deciding to make this purchase. No matter what method I tried (i.e. brush, sponge, fingers) the makeup just appeared too thick and heavy. I will say that after the makeup had been on my face for about an hour is when it looked its absolute best. After this time it would look the most even and "set" but this soon wore off and the makeup began to look more and more like I was obviously wearing makeup as the day wore on. I also feel like this foundation noticeably settled into my pores. I suppose that if you like a more full coverage look or if that is something you need this might be a better choice for you but I prefer a lighter coverage with a more natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by fadingdreamland

Easy to blend without the need to use a blending brush. You xan just use your fingers. Longwearing even on my oily skin but it is pretty moisturizing so i can get shiny but it still looks great otherwise even after 10 hours. Very smooth texture and a dewy finish if you dont use a powder overtop.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by itzel95

I bought this product during mid summer, the shade was perfect, but now we're heading into falland it is a shade or 2, too dark for me. but i have figured out a way to blend it in so it is not noticeable. I love this stuff, the feeling, it is pretty thick but the great thing is that i do not feel it on my face once i apply! I have oily skin and I have had no problems with breaking out and such, The smell of it i am not too fond of. I will definitely purchase again in winter when my skin is even lighter...

-Prime with Neutrogena Shine Control Primer
-Set with Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I may have found a real contender for HG status foundation. In the last month I've been testing this out, I've worn it through full-days at work, out in the sun in line and in a stuffy convention centre at Fan Expo with absolutely no movement, transfer, or fading. Fantastic product - and dirt cheap at Wal Mart here ($16.99CDN; I couldn't find it at the time in Shoppers.)

I have combination-dry, sensitive skin. Again, this lasts the whole day on me with just a little MUFEHD powder (though for full-days at work, I've been finishing with UD All Nighter.) in the t-zone. Like Chanel Mat Lumiere, I layer this over LM Hydrating Foundation Primer to give a real moisturized surface for blending. I have tried this over more mattifying, silicone-heavy primers and it doesn't seem to work as well. YMMV. While the packaging is heavy and luxe, it isn't the most conducive to keeping germs out. I tend scoop a bit out with a q-tip, wipe on the back of my hand, then use my fingers to dab the product all over my face. I don't like using my fingers for foundation, so I do blend out with a Sephora #55 Airbrush and it blends out like a dream. This also has not caused my skin to break out either in acne or a rash. I have been taking this off with either cleansing oil or Cold Cream, though.

It is not quite my HG foundation - I do like a dewier-satin finish and this does have more of a matte finish on me. However, as Mat Lumiere is now discontinued (and the 0.5 Intensity was my HG for long work, school days and professional stuff) and Alabaster shade in BB's Skin is now unavailable for purchase here in Canada, the Revlon CS Whipped is fantastic - great price, and it allows me to use my Skin for special occasions. All in all, it is a fantastic foundation - I'd use it even if the higher-end options were still available to me.

Shade-wise, 001 Ivory/Ivoire is an almost dead-on match; it is a smidge darker and pinker than BB Alabaster but not something anyone but me would really notice. I describe my skin as NW10 in MAC terms. Other foundation matches include: 0.5 in Chanel Mat Lumiere; MUFE F&B38 & HD110 (both hairs too pink); Maybelline FIT Me 110; Revlon PR #110 Ivory; UD Naked Skin 0.5. Concealer matches include Extra Light in CoverFX ConcealFX, & SC-1 in LM Secret Camouflage.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by becstasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this product, I bought a shade which I thought would be a perfect match, however after applying it, it made my skin look a strange grey color, i bought another one in a lighter shade and it looked great, gave a smooth finish, was easy to apply and lasted for the entire day.

However now that it's warmer and I have tanned my shade no longer matches and it's difficult to determine what shade to purchase as I have found many o the darker colors have a grey undertone to them (this may not be the case for all)

Overall this is a good foundation and I would repurchase it again !

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by atroquinine

Let me start off by saying this product is extremely nice to blend and covers very well. I feel it gives medium coverage, not really heavy, and surprisingly it sort of improves the appearance of my large pores, which is never something I expect of a foundation. It feels really smooth on my fingertips, like whipped cream, and blends out very well. It leaves skin feeling smooth and soft, and looks airbrushed and flawless. I really like the finish. I noticed a very faint smell but it wasn't unpleasant, I don't know what the other reviewers are getting at. Plus the color is absolutely perfect for me. I am the palest person I know (I literally don't get outside) and the lightest shade of this was perfect, it has no pink or orange tones.

Anyway, the best part of this is the texture and finish. If it doesn't oxidize terribly on me in the next couple of days or break me out, I will be sold.

Also why exactly do people keep say it's unsanitary to have it in a jar? This is way too thick to come out of a pump easily. I don't understand what you're suggesting they do.