Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

I've never liked the feeling of having foundation on, feeling like a birthday cake. This foundation I actually like, in small quantities. I apply it with my finger on my nose and chin, and a dot on the center of my forehead. You only need a tiny amount.. It's a very thick and creamy texture and is about medium coverage. It glides on your skin and blends flawlessly. It leaves your skin Demi-matte, not oily or greasy, but with a slight glow. I like the look it gives my skin. I think this is better for winter time, since it's a think a thicker foundation, it would melt in summer, and best for normal, combination, and oily. On dry skin, this product stands out. I had a dry patch, and this product accentuated it a lot. Overall, good foundation, I like using this in concentrated areas, only where I need it, rather than putting it all over. I know it's good if I don't mind the feeling. I can't even feel it's on at all! :) Yay! No birthday cake!!

Hmmm. I'm not sure what to think of this.

Pros: blends very well. Light finish, not cakey. Doesn't settle in fine lines. Natural looking, not too shiny or too matte.

Cons: it really doesn't cover that well, despite thick texture. It's weird. It sort of blends in very easily and sinks in... but then I still need to use a lot of corrector to cover acne scars and my undereye circles. Most foundation covers this stuff at least SOMEWHAT this one: not so much. It does sort of even my skin tone a bit... and makes the texture look a bit nicer.

I would really prefer a pump bottle on this. Even if you do wash your brushes/sponge whatever it's still kind of gross to me to dip into it every day.

I will say that since I applied it it seems like it has "set" and it looks very nice. I have acne prone skin so I'm waiting to see if this will break me out. I hope not. I think this would be good for someone who just wants a little "polish" but doesn't need much coverage.

I know the feeling of always buying ANOTHER product that's going to make my skin look amazing...this one actually did! I have ance covered, oily, then dry, red spots, I have it all. One day, I asked this girl with really pretty skin what she uses and she told me it was this product. I bought it and when I put it on it's like I'm a completely different person. Here's the trick: Use a foundation brush to apply it, it makes all the difference. Please take my word for it. P.S-it doesn't make me break out :)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

PRICE & AVAILABILITY: expensive for a drugstore foundation, Walmart has it for a little less than $11, Walgreens and cvs can sell it for up to $14. I buy it on Amazon or ebay for a little cheaper. Sold at Walgreens, Walmart, cvs, rite aid. Basically any drugstore.

PACKAGING: Thick, heavy, glass jar with black plastic top that breaks. Looks sophisticated and high end though. The jar does distort the color of the makeup that we see so try to narrow it down to at least 2 or 3 shades that could suit you before you go buy it. And don't rely solely on what you see through the jar. And try to buy it somewhere you know will accept returns

COVERAGE: medium to full, more on the full side. Build-able, covers redness and discoloration. I don't have acne scares so I can't comment on that. I wouldn't use this for under eye circles because of the salicylic acid but it would probably cover well. I used it for under eyes for about a week and it dried out that area so I stopped.

APPLICATION & TEXTURE: very smooth and soft texture, nothing like the maybelline whipped mouse makeup, this is much more creamy, like pudding but thicker. I know that many have had success applying with their fingers but I personally don't. I apply this 3 ways, depending on how I feel: beauty blender, real techniques stipple blush, sonia k flat top multi purpose brush. Blends extremely well.

STAY POWER: This lasts all day and night with a powder and because of that I wear this for special occasions all the time. I can go about 6 hours without blotting because my skin is combo/oily. I normally do not use a primer with this but this would last even longer with one. But usually a moisturizer underneath with a powder on top is fine for me. This will transfer to your collar if you're wearing a high neckline shirt like a turtle neck. I fix this by spraying Ben nye final seal spray on a kabuki and patting it along my jawline. I would wait 5 minutes after applying to add a powder.

FINISH: satin, but more on the matte side. Perfect finish for my skin type of normal cheeks and oily t-zone. Looks like skin. Evens my skin out perfectly and makes me look flawless and airbrushed.

SHADE RANGE: not as wide a range as the liquid Colorstay, 16 shades. My shade, caramel, is the darkest, which is unfortunate because I'm not even that dark. I'm C7 in MAC. There is a sort of "hidden" shade called TOAST that is not on the revlon website. Target sells it online. It is darker than rich ginger but lighter than caramel.

OPINION: I LOVEE it. Even more than the liquid, though I love that too. Will repurchase as long as they make it.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation SUCKS. I bought this one a whim, because of all the glowing reviews for this. I have tried A LOT of foundations, and this is one of the worst.

First off, It is THICK. But doesn't give heavy coverage. It kind of just spreads around in a patchy way and doesnt quit blend into the skin at all.(I used a Beautyblender for reference.)
'The lightest coverage, "ivory" was ACTUALLY a decent match for my fair skin. It didn't seem to have any pink or orange undertones in it is, which is virtually impossible to find in a fair foundation. So, that was a plus.

This foundation is not for skin that is even remotely dry. This made my normal/combo skin look PATCHY and CAKEY as heck. I haven't seen such a terrible foundation finish in quite some time.

Last but not least, it broke my skin out like CRAZY. I HAVE NEVER EVER HAD A BREAKOUT FROM A FOUNDATION, But after 2 days of wearing this, my face was covered in HUGE cystic zits. I had a feeling this was going to happen, because of the oily appearance this foundation has. Regret this purchase(It was expensive for a drugstore foundation, too!)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

For reference: MAC NC44. I purchased rich ginger & natural tan. They both had red undertones & simply did not match my skin. The finish was nice & it was so lightweight/easily blendable. This foundations biggest downfall is that it doesn't come in many shades & unfortunately red undertones don't look good on everybody.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

If you have TRULY FAIR skin, don't bother. I keep trying to make this work because I love how it looks and feels and the staying power, but as usual, the lightest color is much much too dark for me. It doesn't oxidize like the regular Colorstay, so that's a plus, but it's too dark and way too pink for my fair, neutral skin.
I give up. :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I don't know, I just bought this because of the glowing reviews here. Whelp when I first put it on it feels oily and not very opaque (it took me forever and a bunch of product to cover my red spots, and I don't have many). I wonder if I got a bad batch. That would be just my luck that I would get the only one that is mixed wrong lol. Also I may have gotten a shade that was too light for me. I got "Buff" but I have yellow undertones and I'm a little bit darker. Still wearable though.

Anyway I'll give it another go and hopefully it preforms well with my super oily skin. I'll update this review once I have worn it during my full work day. I really really want to like this product and have a HG too~

EDIT: This is just not for me. I hope I just got a bad patch, bu it's just too heavy and actually feels oily on my skin. D:

I absolutely loves this product! I Orginally used the regular Revlon colorstay liquid foundation and I was in love, but it broke out my skin really bad, I kept using it just cause It was my favorite foundation and I was sad to let it go. Then I looked into the Whipped version of this and I saw that it had no parabens or oils, and it contained salycilic acid and I was alittle skeptical but im glad I gave it a Try, Ive been using it for weeks now every single day and it hasnt broken me out and im very happy with the results. It has the same staying matte power of the regular liquid form and the same coverage which is great! cause I have some acne scarring to cover up! It does tend to crease alittle but if you apply it with your hands it goes on smooth and doesnt crease. Only downside the color selection is horrible, I literally had to keep the receipt and change it 3 times before I found the right one! So keep your receipt just in case.
Application : Apply lotion, smooth on the foundation with my fingers, (it doesnt work as good with a brush) , use my True match concealer under my eyes, Then My Glamoflauge concealer by hard candy. Apply my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder and im done, and I usually dont even need concealer. My HG foundation!!! Never going to switch to anything!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am in love with this product. I used the original Colorstay for years but eventually moved on to some higher end foundations. This stuff can easily pass as a high end product. If you slapped Laura Mercier or Lancome on the label I'd believe it. As the others have said, it stays on forever, leaves a natural finish, and covers really well. I love the texture and consistency of the foundation and am tempted to eat a spoonful of it sometimes. I only have to powder my forehead, chin, and nose once and that's it for the day...all the way through a 12 hour shift. I can even slide by with no concealer if I'm in a rush. I definitely consider this as one of my top 3 foundations with Estee Lauder Double Wear and Bare Minerals. Try it! I insist!