Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 10/2/2012 2:29:00 PM

Major staying power and shine control, but not very comfortable or natural. I am a light-tan Asian NC30/C4 gal with combination – dry skin and purchased in Warm Golden (closest match) and Natural Tan (for a hint of tan). I applied on well moisturized skin with a MAC 190 to dab on and a damp Beautyblender for blending. This formula dries QUICK so work in small areas and fast! Once I did, I had a matte, flawless and slightly dry complexion. My skin felt parched, but it paid off after 6 hours at dinner and a concert with ZERO shine or fading anywhere. The feeling on my skin is uncomfortable so it is not a daily formula or HG for me, but a great option for all night any humidity makeup and when I don’t mind that parched feeling.

EDIT - 05/08/13 updating this to a 5 star product after learning how to apply using fingertips rather than tools. The skin really warms to it and it smooths on so much nicer, lasts all day! It is now HG status, whodathunkit? That's what I get for premature reviews!

on 10/1/2012 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I LOVE this stuff! First off, I've tried MANY MANY MANY different foundations and this is by far my favorite. I always loved the original liquid Revlon ColorStay, until I recently started omitting parabens from my beauty products and sadly the original liquid contains parabens. HOWEVER, the new Whipped Creme does not! I honestly like the Whipped Creme ColorStay better than the liquid anyways. I feel as though the Buff shade matches my skin tone even better (if that was even possible!) than the liquid Buff. I think the Whipped Creme is a little lighter than the original, but for me the slight color difference wasn't big enough to change shades and actually was to my advantage. I get extremely oily all over and this stuff literally stays put ALL day. I set it with powder, of course, but do not use a setting spray. I love that I can get that perfect air brushed look with my due fiber face brush aka skunk brush. I first apply with a foundation brush and then buff with my skunk brush and set with powder. I am also very acne prone and this product does not cause acne for me, huge plus, and it contains salicylic acid! One of the only cons I can find is that it takes a good makeup remover to get this stuff off! ALSO A RECOMMENDATION TO ANYONE GOING TO PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT: KEEP THE PROTECTIVE PLASTIC PIECE FOUND UNDER THE LID!! I am so glad I kept mine, It keeps the product from getting all over the lid and oozing out. I also recommend using a makeup spatula or something similar to take out a small amount of product to keep from spreading bacteria!

Overall Pros:
Stays put all day, even on super oily skin
NO PARABENS!
Airbrushed look is achievable
Doesn't cause acne!
Price

Overall Cons:
Can get messy, JUST MAKE SURE TO KEEP PLASTIC PIECE UNDER LID
Hard to get off at night

on 10/1/2012 5:01:00 PM

Well I don't have oily skin, but I only wear long-wearing products and while I have several HGs currently in my rotation, I, like a lot of other ladies, am always interested in trying the latest/greatest (I could save a lot of money if I stopped this!) :)

I purchased in Buff which is the same color I can wear in the regular Colorstay foundation (normal/dry version). For reference, I'm NC15 in MAC, Fairly Light in EM, Ivory in Rimmel 25 hour Lasting Finish.

Skin: 47 years old, wrinkles - not yet (except around my eyes THANK GOD), combo skin (slightly drier cheeks, slightly oiler t-zone), not acne prone (2 zits during TTOTM, but can clog w/ wrong product), subtype 1 (blushing) rosacea on cheeks, chin, nose, and a few melasma spots. I insist in high pigment saturation in my foundation (be it MMU or liquid) to cover my melasma + rosacea w/ out having to use a trowel.

I love the consistency of this foundation; I hate the packaging. I've tried it now 3x w/ 3 different application methods: fingers (which while workx the best, I hate blending w/ my fingers); damp beauty blender sponge; flat top foundation brush. It doesn't settle in my few fine lines, does last ALL DAY even w/out a setting spray, but for me, it doesn't have enough pigment saturation = I can still see my melasma and rosacea slightly which to me, is more than enough. Also, I could never get it blended to that airbrushed look (which if I experimented a few more times, I bet I could get, but not going to work that hard.)

I guess I should have learned from my foray into the regular Colorstay that it wouldn't cover enough for me personally. O well - both are up for swap so hopefully they will find good homes :)

PS - no breakouts, no clogging, not bothersome to my rosacea in the 3x I tried.

on 9/30/2012 8:14:00 PM

This foundation is great for those who have oily skin. After a couple hours of wear, my skin looks great and glowing. There are SO many shades to choose from, although it is very hard to match since the product is sealed and you can't see through the packaging. I hate the jar but as long as you use clean fingers, it shouldn't get too unsanitary. A little goes a long way and it blends smoothly into the skin without a sticky finish. :)

on 9/30/2012 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

SHADE SELECTION: natural tan (NC37 for reference)

Pros

- medium to full coverage
- blends easily
- semi-matte finish
- looks natural
- long wearing

Cons

- packaging
- price
- amount of product
- feels heavy at first
- poor oil control

Comments: This provides a semi-matte finish and depending on application method, it can be light coverage or full. It's glides on smoothly, despite being on the thick side. I think this would work for all skin types as its not too matte nor dewy. I had no issue with this staying put in hot weather and even while sweating, however I still get oily around the 4 hour mark. I'm disappointed in the price and that it offers a less amount of product than the average foundation bottle. A little does go a long way and you're able to use up every bit of product, though. Also, keep in mind that this can feel a little heavy when applied with a brush. A sponge makes it feel more lightweight.

Will repurchase.

on 9/29/2012 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

HG for me. I have super oily skin and I had yet to find a foundation that doesn't slide off after 3 or 4 hours...until this miracle in a jar. This stuff is divine. I cleanse thoroughly and do not use any moisturizer or primer; just dip a Q-tip in the jar (for all of you concerned about keeping the product saniitary), dab it on my face, and spread with fingers. Natural Tan works best for me (NC 35-37). It applies like a dream...almost melts into my skin and feels like silk, and the coverage is buildable wherever I may need a little extra. I wait until it has dried and then I fluff loose powder on my t-zone to keep the shine away. Ladies, I have to blot after approx. 6 hours, and that is all. For me that is a miracle. I have had several friends ask what wonderful new thing I'm doing for my skin. My pores look tiny (and believe me, they are NOT), and the overall finish of my skin looks close to airbrushed.

I have been using it for about a month and have had no problem with breakouts, but since I am so oily I am meticulous about thorough washing and exfoliation. I was really hesitant about trying this since the name "whipped cream" sounds like it would leave an oil slick on my face, but it has been wonderful. For those of you thinking this is pricey, when I consider that I do not have to do any touch-ups or reapplication throughout the day (like I would with other foundations) it is not expensive at all. $12 at Wal Mart. My skin looks close to perfect. I am in love!!

on 9/29/2012 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

love this foundation! It works great and looks great. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do but I am a fan. It lasts all day and gives even coverage and doesn't feel heavy on my skin. Definitely a fav!

on 9/29/2012 1:30:00 AM

I never wear foundation, but I am taking professional photos so it was a necessity. I tried it based on the reviews and I think it was a great purchase. I have sensitive skin, but since I am only using it occasionally, it should be just fine. For drugstore foundation, it is a great quality product. I applied using a slightly wet foundation brush. For the price, it is comparable to a cosmetic counter for sure.

on 9/28/2012 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Such a disappointment! It lasted so long and was so pretty the first few times I wore it that I thought i might actually give up my beloved Merle Norman minerals. Unfortunately, it stopped looking so great, just about the same time I noticed my skin wasn't doing so well either. I don't usually break out from cosmetics. Way more often something in them bothers my eyes and, on the plus side, this one didn't. After the same skincare regimen I'd been using successfully--(cold cream wiped off with a very warm washcloth, Clinique Clarifying #2, and a bit of jojoba oil) --I developed a whole lot of blackheads and skin bumpies. A few days later, not using this product, my skin started to look much better, and has been really good ever since.

Granted this is only my first day wearing this since I bought it yesterday, but I can already tell this will be a long-term relationship. I have searched high and low for a medium-full coverage foundation for my wedding that would hide/blur my freckles and blemishes while still looking natural and not breaking me out. Obviously I can't speak about it's breaking-me-out-potential yet, but everything else is just wonderful. It feels so comfortable to wear, I actually forgot I had it on! My freckles and blemishes have been drastically minimized, and adding a little concealer and powder will make for a flawless wedding day face for me. Thanks Revlon :) Oh, p.s. the packaging is a little misleading on the outside...because of the thickness of the glass, it looks like all the colors are lighter than their liquid colorstay counterparts. I found myself picking up a shade that had "cocoa" or something in the name because my normal shade, "buff" looked too light in the jar. Fortunately, I regained my senses and went with my regular color. The shades are true to the original liquid colorstay line.

Popular Crème Foundations