Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 9/28/2012 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Such a disappointment! It lasted so long and was so pretty the first few times I wore it that I thought i might actually give up my beloved Merle Norman minerals. Unfortunately, it stopped looking so great, just about the same time I noticed my skin wasn't doing so well either. I don't usually break out from cosmetics. Way more often something in them bothers my eyes and, on the plus side, this one didn't. After the same skincare regimen I'd been using successfully--(cold cream wiped off with a very warm washcloth, Clinique Clarifying #2, and a bit of jojoba oil) --I developed a whole lot of blackheads and skin bumpies. A few days later, not using this product, my skin started to look much better, and has been really good ever since.

Granted this is only my first day wearing this since I bought it yesterday, but I can already tell this will be a long-term relationship. I have searched high and low for a medium-full coverage foundation for my wedding that would hide/blur my freckles and blemishes while still looking natural and not breaking me out. Obviously I can't speak about it's breaking-me-out-potential yet, but everything else is just wonderful. It feels so comfortable to wear, I actually forgot I had it on! My freckles and blemishes have been drastically minimized, and adding a little concealer and powder will make for a flawless wedding day face for me. Thanks Revlon :) Oh, p.s. the packaging is a little misleading on the outside...because of the thickness of the glass, it looks like all the colors are lighter than their liquid colorstay counterparts. I found myself picking up a shade that had "cocoa" or something in the name because my normal shade, "buff" looked too light in the jar. Fortunately, I regained my senses and went with my regular color. The shades are true to the original liquid colorstay line.

on 9/27/2012 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I want to love this foundation.. And I do. Just hate that it broke me out. It does apply beautifully with my fingers, has a nice semi matte semi dewy finish medium coverage. I'd still recommend it despite the breakouts it gave me

on 9/27/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the foundation I will be wearing for a very long time. The application is easy and smooth and the color matches my skin very well.
The only kinda downfall is the fact that a little comes a looong loong way, and if you use a little too much, it will look cakey.

on 9/27/2012 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I have the pleasure of saying that this foundation is an HG for me. I have been searching for something like this for a very long time. It goes on like smooth silk, gives a medium buildable coverage, dries to a semi-matte/satiny finish, it looks natural, lasts all day on me without having to blot, I no longer wear powder on top, it minimises my pores, it washes off easily, it doesn't dry my skin out, I haven't had any acne breakouts or itch (and I have sensitive, easily irritated skin). I'm am very, very happy with this product. If I had to say 1 negative thing, it would be that it is in a large jar and I feel a bit uncomfortable leaving it open for "things" to get into it whilst doing my make up. I think I'm going to put some of it into a smaller container. But overall, I'm just loving this foundation. Please don't discontinue it Revlon!!

on 9/25/2012 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I was interested in purchasing this from many videos i saw thru youtube. i went to my local cvs and got #330. when i first put it on it went very pink and as time went on, it started to oxidize to almost my skin color. the consistency is nice- whipped and not too heavy or sticky. i love the lasting power since my job demands 10 hr days so by the time i get home and remove my makeup, it's darn near 14hr wear. i recently decided to get another color since the #330 was too light and opted for #370 natural tan. much better color on me. for reference i am #123 in MUFE and nc35-37 in mac. my only wish is if they made the packaging in a pump form (like the maybelline dream smooth mousse). i don't care to dip my fingers in the jar every time- kinda unsanitary- overall i am happy with the results.

on 9/25/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I so wanted this one to work! Whipped Creme Makeup, sounds perfect for my aging skin. It wasn't! Upon application it seemed to dry fast and was hard to blend in. It didn't have the creamy look I expected, instead it was dry and gave my face a flat matte look. Maybe I got an old jar? All the other reviews say the opposite. So anyway I tossed it! If you are older, I suggest trying L'Oreal Visible Lift Repair Absolute Creme makeup!

on 9/25/2012 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The liquid Colorstay is my HG foundation, and the standard by which I judge all others. It lasts all day on my absurdly oily skin, it covers everything I need to cover (some discoloration and a zit every now and then), it doesn't sink into my pores, and I don't need to use a primer to make it look good or last. But, as any good MUAer will understand, just because I have a HG doesn't mean I don't want to keep looking for the next great thing! Lots of raves and good reviews about Colorstay Whipped lead me right to Target to claim a jar for myself.

I have light-medium neutral skin, and I'm using shade 240 (natural beige, I believe). Seems a little bit light, but as the summer color fades more, I think it's going to turn out to be fine. I was expecting a lighter texture, more like a mousse. But it's thicker and creamier. It's super easy to blend into the skin, and it seems to afford you more time to work with it than the original Colorstay does.

I've seen many people here say that a sponge is best for application. I didn't care for a sponge. I find that using a brush and swirling/buffing the product makes it blend into the skin a little better and really leaves a perfect, airbrushed look. I used a concealer brush for areas that need a little extra coverage. With the original, I always use a sponge, and it's fairly quick to apply and no-fuss. But I don't think I like the look of it quite as much as I do the whipped, even if it does take more time.

The original Colorstay always dries down completely and feels and looks more powdery, no matter how much I use. With the whipped version, if I use too much, it never seems to feel dry and makes my face feel kind of slimy. It has a more satin matte finish. Where I can safely skip powder with the original, I prefer to use it with the whipped.

Wear time is a little less for me with the whipped version, maybe by an hour or two, on a normal day with no primer. Though in the hottest days of summer, it doesn't hold out nearly as well without primer. I don't think primer effects how it looks. And no breakouts (though I'm not really prone to that, anyway.)

So all in all, this is a really, REALLY darn good foundation. Am I prepared to say it's better than the original? Ehhhhhhh....not sure. But I can tell you that since buying this about a month ago, I haven't used the original.

UPDATE 10/7/12 - I bought a bottle of the original Colorstay today, and will go back to using it daily. While I do still really like CS Whipped, it just doesn't have the lasting power I need for a full day. But I will keep it and wear it at night or special occasions, as I do prefer the finish.

on 9/25/2012 3:41:00 PM

I tried this foundation because of all the great reviews and it is one of the better ones that I have... I am more of a Bobbi Brown and MAC girl particulary with foundations, but this performs just as well as any higher dollar foundations I have... I have combo skin... oily tzone and normal cheeks and very few foundations stay on my oily tzone all day... this one does not stay on my tzone all day either, but it does pretty good... better than most. I do have to blot and powder mid day on the tzone but it lasts all day perfectly on the rest of my face... And the color match is very good too... all in all a great foundation that I highly recommend. I will re-purchase this when I run out.

on 9/25/2012 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've never been a fan of foundation but this has completely changed my mind. I purchased after reading so many positive things about it and they are all true! This is super easy to apply just using your fingers. It blends really well and looks like bare skin. The texture is lovely and really light considering it's a cream. There's no shimmer and it truly lasts all day even with my shiny t-zone. It leaves my face looking smooth, matte, even and healthy without looking made up. I am pretty fair with a golden undertone and Buff is perfect. It photographs well and doesn't settle into my little lines or pores at all. Revlon is really on a roll with their new launches and I hope they keep it up! This is a definite winner!

Popular Crème Foundations