Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 10/10/2012 12:57:00 AM

Although my overall rating is only a "3" - I am comparing this foundation to all of my foundations, most of which are high end. It is a decent drugstore product, which is saying something since I have never found anything (maybe True Match?) that I would consider comparable to the Chanel, Nars or MUFE foundations I tend to gravitate toward.

The consistency is a little thick but it goes on the skin with a nice, not too oily finish. It does stay on all day long as well. BUT ... I can feel it there. Unlike my Chanel or Nars foundations, I know by the end of a day that I have that layer of coverage and by that time it is more than a little filmy.

I do think this is worth a try and I will continue to use it until I am finished. May buy it again since I admit I get tired of paying $30+ for foundation...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation you're going to get in a drugstore, right now. The packaging is great, which is a preface to anything I buy. If it doesn't look good on my vanity, then you can excuse me while I go check out Tom Ford. The packaging is very sturdy, and it can hold through some serious pressure. I had to hold the jar between my thighs (and I have ex-dancer gone wrong thighs of steel) during a mishap in traffic, and when any other foundation would have broken, this didn't even have a scratc, let alone a crack.
The product itself is pretty good. It's very smooth and blends like butter. I rubbed the back of my hand for a few minutes after I first swatched it going "oooooo". Yeah.
What I DON'T like about this product is that it is NOT FOR LAYERING. I normally wear a RICH moisturizer underneath foundation in layers. I put this on top and I looked like a grease monster. Let me say, I'm a fan of the dewy, hydrated look. But I looked like I had inky, tan oil on my face. After a little powder, it looked flawless, however.
The coverage is pretty good. I feel like if you were determined, you could build it up to full. I'd place this with one or two thin layers as a solid medium coverage foundation. And, it doesn't get cakey no matter how much you apply, though it does start to look less like skin.
The wear is pretty good. I wore it with a thick moisturizer and powder for at least 10 hours solid. No budge in the product. I wore it today for a solid 9 hours with little if any change. I didn't notice any less coverage than I had in the morning, if there was any.
It does transfer. If you hug too tightly, blow your nose, lay your face on the arm of your blouse, etc. then it won't be pretty. But, you shouldn't be doing that anyways, right?
As for application, I use a classic foundation brush. I'm a big believer in "no hands on your face" simply for hygiene. It doesn't streak at all (and I check) with a nothing special drugstore brush, so have no fear. I wouldn't recommend a buffer brush though, just because the formula wants to glide on and *over* the skin, not be worked into it.
Shade selection? Dissappointing, but I wear NC40s in MAC and it matches me perfectly fine in 340 Caramel. But, just for clarication, shade 370 Natural Tan is LIGHTER than 340, making Caramel the darkest shade in the range.
I don't smell a thing with this foundation. It smells like the typical, iris-y makeup smell, which is faint at best.
All in all, it really is the best drugstore makeup I've used to date, simply for coverage, look on skin, packaging, and lasting power.

on 10/8/2012 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What I like about this stuff is it's coverage and the dewy sheen it leaves on the skin but unfortuantly the good stops there first off it's got a funky smell to it like plastic chemicals? Or something then there's the package bulky heavy the most turn off of all was the feeling it left on my skin nasty greasy heavy not a good foundation

on 10/8/2012 11:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice foundation for someone who is very pale. Im pale but have pink undetones. Its packaged nice and looks high end and there is alot of product in the jar. It goes on nice and stays on nice, but it makes me look sickly with no color. I got it in Nude. Maybe I just chose the wrong color? Ive read other reviews where they said it made them look ghostly too. I still have a lot left in the jar but i wont be using it anymore, Ill just use it for some highlighting maybe.

on 10/8/2012 10:44:00 AM

At first I hated this foundation. I bought it in the summer while I was slightly tanned, and I thought it made me look gray, broke me out, made me shiny & greasy etc etc. In NYC, we had a horribly hot and sweaty summer. My face was reacting in the worst way to the weather, and I had a ton of breakouts.

I thought this foundation was the culprit so I stopped using. Now that we're in the fall, I decided to try this foundation again. My tan has faded, and I'm back to my pale self (EDIT: I got matched at MAC and I'm a NC15 for reference). I use the shade ivory. I apply moisturizer first, then bb cream with a light hand (my skin gets very dry and flaky if I use one moisturizing product only), then a very small amount of this foundation. I place thin dots on my cheeks, chin, forehead and nose and blend with my fingers. My skin looks awesome! No breakouts, not shiny, flawless finish. I'll sometimes skip concealer. The coverage lasts literally all day - I've worn this to a work day and then to a sporting event in the evening without touching up and it's still in place.

HG for fall-winter-spring, for sureee. I need to be color matched again in the summer - this particular shade looks awful if I'm even slightly tan.

I love this foundation. I swear it instantly blends in with my skin and leaves me problem free, ready to apply the rest of my makeup. The price is completely reasonable and I think all of the ladies on here have tried this before. Definitely give it thumbs up

on 10/6/2012 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I find this foundation lasts extremely well on my dry skin as well as holding the rest of my face makeup in place as well, even in high humidity and heat (I live in the southeastern United States where humidity is very high). I normally apply it with a very dense, round-top kabuki brush over a primer (I use L'oreal Magic Lumi and Benfit That Gal). It blends really well, and it never feels heavy or cakey for me. I get really good coverage, medium to full, definitely buildable. I don't usually have too much to cover on my skin, but I do get hormonal, cystic acne on my chin, and it's always very red and irritated, and I find this foundation can cover it sufficiently (I don't want to put too much makeup over any kind of acne, but I also don't want angry red bumps showing on my face), so I don't feel overly self-conscious. While I find the foundation to be buildable, it's not a foundation where you can just add layer after layer without getting cakey face: you can build up two to three light layers with this foundation to get full coverage, but it's not a good idea to add any more than that, and if you plan to powder you skin, I'd stick to just one pass with the foundation as that's usually sufficient anyway.
I use the color 240 "Natural Beige", and I find that's a good color match for me.
For the amount of product in the container, this foundation is pretty expensive for drugstore. I feel like I'm mostly paying for a jar rather than foundation, but at the same time I like the foundation more than any other foundation I've ever used, so the price is OK for me. I accept the price.
I absolutely hate the packaging. It's obnoxious, and it's heavy. If you're not the kind of person who wants to repeatedly dip a brush or your hands into a jar of makeup (like myself) it's particularly annoying. It's hard to tell at first how much foundation you'll actually use on your face because this foundation covers better than you'd expect, so if you plan to scoop it out of the jar onto the back of your hand, the first few times will definitely result in wasted product, which no one likes. If you do just dip your brush into the jar, the opening isn't big enough to fit most brushes you'd use on your face into it (unless you use a traditional foundation brush), so you're likely to damage your brush.
I would and have repurchased.

I love this foundation! It makes my skin look flawless. It blends great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

As far as drugstore foundations go, this is probably my favorite.
A few things you should know...
My skin type: It sucks. Really red acne, dry, and deathly pale. Always hard to find a foundation that can work with this.
How I apply: After my moisturizer and primer, I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk pointed foundation brush, then blend and buff it with my E.L.F complexion brush.
Overall: It gives a very lovely airbrushed, dewy look. The nice thing about this foundation is if your skin isn't too oily you can go without a setting powder. The coverage is all right, I still have to use a corrector, my my acne is so bad, I kind of expected that. It also lasts very long and I haven't noticed any settling into the creases in my eyes. My biggest complaint is the packaging. Very unhygienic! What I do is take a q-tip, get as much foundation as I need on the tip, and blend it on the top of my hand before I apply. Bit of a pain, but it would drive me crazy if I kept dipping my brush back in the container and spreading those germs all over my face. And while the glass jar is very pretty, it doesn't lend itself well to carrying around easily. Also, for a drugstore foundation, it's a little on the pricier side. However if you can get past these minor issues, it's a lovely foundation and I will be repurchasing.

on 10/6/2012 11:52:00 AM

Like the other reviewer, i didn't like this that much, even the coverage, it to me is really not much different from the other revlon however this didn't feel as sticky after a few hours.I got it in warm golden and yes there is a def cold tone to it.I think without sounding like a snob prefer my higher end foundations, this is ok to wear if you don't have much money but really i would go busking if i had to, to be able to pay for a nicer foundation.I won't be buying this again