July 29, 2014 | 1269 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Smabe92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Eh.. just so so. That's how I feel about this product. I like it, & I would repurchase it. I like the finish of it & I love the texture. However, I always use the colorstay original if I really want my foundation to last. So when I tried this I expected it to last all day just like the original. It definitley didn't. Did I mention I have oily skin? I kind of feel like this just slips right off within a few hours. I like the finish of this like I said. BUT I wouldn't use this if I wanted my foundation to last ALL day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a generally good product. I love the texture of this - it is super fluffy and almost gel like. It really spreads like a dream, I'm still experimenting with brushes but so far my Sonia Kashuk Flattop Multitasking brush is what makes it look the best. I'm an NC 20 for color reference, and I use the shade Buff. This stuff is SUPER hydrating - I really don't know how well this would work on somebody with oily skin. I have dry skin so this works out pretty well for me. This stuff is super light, it doesn't feel like I have a lot on when I spread this on my face. I would consider this to be a light - medium coverage. I can definitely see myself using this when my skin is more cleared up because it definitely lets your natural skin shine through. I currently have quite a few break outs to cover up, so I really have to layer this on and even then it isn't enough coverage, so my concealer has to do all the work. It matches my skin almost exactly...I'm actually super impressed with that. It seems faster to blend this out then most foundations - but there is a catch, even though it seems to blend out faster, it takes so much longer for it to absorb into my skin. I have to let it sit for almost 10 minutes before I can put my concealer on because it's so moist, if i touch it it just moves around and kind of rubs away the coverage. I think I like this foundation a few hours AFTER I put it on, because it really does mattify and it truly does stay put through sweating and what not. I had to mix this with my regular Revlon ColorStay so that I could get a better coverage and I like it when I do that a bit better. Alone, I think this foundation would work the best with a sponge or a beauty blender. I haven't tried that yet. This doesn't seem as transfer resistant as the Traditional ColorStay formula but it holds up pretty well. I also don't think this lasts as long, but it's definitely longer lasting then my MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Definitely a good product, not my favorite but I will definitely be reaching for this in the winter when my skin needs more moisture.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by ilessthan3u

I've been dying to try this foundation after hearing all the reviews and finally bought it at Priceline on sale for $24. In Australia it retails for $34.95 which is a bit pricey IMO for a drugstore foundation compared to what they retail for in the US - but so far it does the job. At the store I was relieved to find that they offered samples in black squeezy tubes for you to test out the colours on before you purchase the product. The colour 200 sand beige is a perfect match for my skin and does not have an annoying orangeness to it that some foundations have. The coverage is pretty good - covered the redness around my nose and light acne scars (with a little help of concealer blended with it). I have oily skin which usually shines through after a couple hours of wearing liquid foundation, but I did not experience any shininess for at least 4-5 hours (without any setting powder) so that's a bonus for me. I'm sure it would have lasted an 8 hour day with translucent finishing powder on top. Yes the jar is not the most hygienic but you can use a spatula to scoop the product out. My only quip is that it would be better for travel if there was a pump because the product went all over the removable white lid while I travelled around with it. Anyway, I'd recommend this for anyone with dry to combination skin but setting with powder would be fine for those with oilier complexions.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mhunterjumper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best drugstore foundation I've used (320 Warm Golden; my summer color). I use the Sonia Kashuk synthetic flat top brush to buff out this product; I only apply to my T-zone and buff it out towards the outside of my face. I've had good results with my fingers too.

The tone is nice. I'm in between a neutral and olive, so it's extremely hard to find the "perfect" foundation shade and am convinced I never will. But, this color does blend in nicely with my jaw and neck in natural light, so I'm happy. The tone is a TINY bit off, but nothing that anyone else can tell.

I do have oily skin. I've been wearing this for a week now with no breakouts. I don't prime my face; I don't need to because I use a good moisturizer. I don't apply powder after. I find that the foundation doesn't slip off my face. I've gone clubbing with this foundation on and it's stayed on just fine. The only problem-- it has SPF, so it WILL turn your face white in flash photography.

I like the packaging for what it is. It's not the most sanitary, but I am good about cleaning my brushes regularly. I do like the pot concept as I prefer products that come in nice, hard cases instead of being flimsy and breakable.

Some people really seem to hate this product, but for my oily skin I've had excellent luck. And for what it's worth, I'll buy it again when I start fading out towards fall/winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by annie108

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use skin79 bb cream as my everyday foundation, but I decided to try out this foundation for when I wanted more coverage. I used to be a big fan of the standard colorstay foundation as my everyday makeup, so I was hopeful for this.

My first problem is that it gives too much coverage and looks a bit un-natural. I only wore it on my whole face one time because it was just too much. The color match was good, but I felt like you couldn't see my actual skin at all- it was all makeup. It also made all the tiny blonde fine hairs on my face (which are normally invisible) super visible.

So then I decided just to use this kind of like a concealer, on my nose and the area right around my nose, where I'm always red. It worked pretty well for that purpose, but I'm pretty sure it's breaking me out. I only wore it on this part of my face for about a week, and now I have visible clogged pores/mini zits in that area. I'm thinking it must be connected.

I'll still use it for special occasions, like just for one evening at a time, and I think this would be a great makeup for people who want more coverage and are less prone to break-outs, but it just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by cocolovescocopuffs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it! I have never found a drugstore foundation that was a good match for me. They all seemed to not match my undertones. In MAC foundation I wear NW15-20 and in this I wear 200 and 220. Both are great on my skin. This provides a lot of coverage, almost full coverage imo. The finish isn't quite matte so it doesn't look cakey or flat. I wish it were pump bottle packaging but I can deal with the jar I suppose. I was afraid this would break me out but it doesn't (yay!). It really does last 24 hours. I'm guilty of being to lazy to wash my face before bed and its pretty much still there in the morning. I like that midway through the day I still look good. Some foundations have the tendency to crack or break up on my face when the oil comes through; this does not do that.

I have already repurchased b/c I like it so much. I usually never buy the same thing twice lol

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Izzybelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This applies like a dream. Light to medium coverage. This formula is much better than the colourstay liquid, which is the worst foundation i have ever used. If youre not a fan of the liquid dont hate on the whipped forumula without trying it. This sells in Australia for around $34, which is more than double than what other countries are paying for it. The packaging is great quality but the heavy thick jar is unpractical. Shades are more limited here in Australia too - 'ivory' is not available.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by StarAstralis

Since this has been getting such great reviews, I finally decided to pick it up. I gave it 4 because it was very hard to figure out which shade was the right one for me. The glass jar is so thick that I couldn't tell what the true color of the product was. I settled for Warm Golden which blends with my skin tone pretty well. It doesn't have as much of a yellow undertone as I had hoped but it still works.
I wish Revlon had included a spatula of some sort with this foundation. I don't like to dip my fingers into the jar so I use my personal cosmetic spatula to get the product out.
As far as staying power, it has stayed on my skin all day with minimal touch ups (I have combination skin). Feels a little heavier than I prefer but it really doesn't bug me that much.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by kennarose

I love this stuff! I have oily skin and acne scars and suffer from breakouts sometimes and this foundation covers it really great while looking like skin. It's also really buildable if you put it on with your fingers. I use urban decay all nighter setting spray with this makeup and it stays on all day AND night. Its claim to be 24 hour wear are pretty much true. I put it on at about 5 pm one nightand went out with my friends and when we came back I just went to sleep and when I woke up at like 4 pm (party hard lol) it was still on and looked good! MIND BLOWN. Over all I really like this foundation, but I don't think it would be good for dry skin. And by the way I don't know why everyone is complaining about the packaging, I think it looks nice and isnt messy. Just scoop it out with a makeup brush. Thats what I do since I cant dip my fingers in, my acrylics are really long. So yeah..go buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is some serious foundation: if I have a breakout (like right now!), this is what I reach for.

The texture's fairly thick. So I make sure to wear this makeup over my thinnest, mattest sunscreen - otherwise the finish is just way too thick, cakey, & unnatural. For some reason, this foundation in the Buff shade matches my NC10 skin perfectly ... and I hear about NC20 people going with this shade! Maybe Buff comes a little lighter with the new Whipped Creme Makeup. So if you're like me & have difficulty finding foundations light enough to match, this one's worth considering.

I wouldn't expect a pump with a cream foundation, so I don't hold this against Revlon. I just make sure to apply with clean fingers.