April 16, 2014 | 1491 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

bought this based on all the rave and I'm happy with it myself. I do find it takes a few minutes to "set and dry" but afterward it is pretty long lasting. What I really love about this foundation is that my skin looks so even and perfect, hides all the little flaws well. I apply it with my sephora #55 and it looks great. I do find I go through this foundation a lot quicker than my other ones for some reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by nikadee1992

I've always been a huge fan of Revlon Colorstay Foundation. I decided to try this foundation just to see what the hype was all about. The first day of using this I was in awe!! It made my skin look and feel amazing!! The thing that I didn't like was how oily it made my skin. It seemed to get oily toward the end of the day (which is normal for my skin) and I had to touch up.. but other than that I thought the product was great. The color ranges aren't that great.. but I found a way to make it work. I'm still on the hunt for a makeup that keeps me completely matte through out the day. Overall, this product is great and I MIGHT be repurchasing, depending on if I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by pocky

Colorstay Whipped is amazing! Unfortunately, it is not suitable as an everyday foundation for me. Sand Beige was the best match for my NC 20-25 skin, but it wasn’t perfect. It’s a medium-light shade with neutral undertones, which doesn’t quite work for me. Neutral foundations tend to look a little pinky on me. I do best with light yellow-toned foundations, which Revlon does not ever make. Since Sand Beige was the best match and I didn’t feel like mixing colors, I used a golden brown bronzer (NARS Laguna) to warm up my face to help mask some of the pinkiness. I still wasn't happy but it was the best I could do.

Unlike Lancome Tient Idole Ultra 24, which did not last at all and got splotchy after a long day, Colorstay Whipped stayed on my skin through the day and did not sweat off at all, even after my typical sweaty commute home on Metro. I got complete coverage and a flawless look without any cakiness by appling to my face with my fingers and blending in with my Beautyblender sponge. I set my t-zone with Lancome Dual Finish applied dry with a puff. After my commute, my make-up still looked fresh and flawless. It was amazing!

Unfortunately, I already knew that Colorstay Whipped wasn’t going to work out in the long run because my skin was always a little itchy and tight. After a full week of wearing Colorstay Whipped everyday, I started getting flakes around the chin and mouth are where I had been the most itchy. My skin is sensitive and really picky. It's a little oiler in the t-zone during the summertime, but it's not true oily skin. I don't have large pores and the rest of the year my skin is on the dry side so I don't have a problem with my makeup sliding off so much as my makeup sweating off in hot weather. I sweat like a pig, and all from my scalp and face. So gross.

Since I haven’t broken out into a rash and my skin seems to be fine other than the flaking, I sadly have to save Colorstay Whipped for when I absolutely need a flawless look that won’t sweat away, say, during court or an equally important ocassion where I need to look flawless instead of sweaty and blotchy. My skin just can't tolerate Colorstay Whipped for more than a few days at a time. By the way, you will need a make-up remover to get this stuff off. Do not rely on your cleanser alone. I used either Koh Gen Do Spa Cleansing Water or Shu Uemera Cleansing Oil with equal results.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by pinkdot121424

I LOVE the whipped creme makeup! I love how it feels light on my skin and it's totally build-able to full coverage. The smell...is unique... but I've managed to get past it. Definitely a re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been a faithful Colorstay user for years and was so excited to try this when it came out! I bought mine in the shade 370 Natural Tan and I am NC35-37 for reference. This is definitely not very warm yellow-toned and leans more towards the beige-pink side. It does still suit my skin but doesn't have much yellow to it which doesn't perfectly 100% match me. I've found only a small amount is needed. I dot it all over my face to slowly build it up to avoid over using product which I did do at the start, making it feel like thick icing on my face!

It does last very well throughout the day and I've found it actually looks better as the day goes on, changing into more of a natural finish .Compared to the original Colorstay, I feel like this is very different in terms of finish and wear, so to me it's essentially a very different foundation. The whipped is definitely easier to blend and less product is needed to cover my whole face.

I applied this in the morning around 7.30AM and my t-zone only started to get oil coming through at around 2PM, so very good at oil control.

I did really like the formulation of this foundation but unfortunately it ended up breaking me out. It has a high amount of silicone and alcohol in the ingredients so if your skin is overly sensitive like mine you may breakout. I would get painful whitehead pimples every time I put it on! My skin has calmed down now that I have stopped using this & whenever I would use this which was just on a night out on the weekend the next morning the pimples would come up so it definitely was the culprit.

I have experienced breakouts with products with high amounts of dimethicone so I try to stay away or use products where its located lower on the ingredients list. Still love the formulation, no SPF (great for flash photography), large shade range, & its long-lasting qualities, so I recommend you try it out for yourself as it is a fave for a lot of people.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by bobloblaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For reference I have:

-combo-oily skin in the winter/oil-slick skin in the summer
-extremely cystic acne-prone skin which is mostly controlled by prescription medications
-a skin tone that ranges from nc30-35 at my palest to nc40-42 at my darkest

Packaging: Revlon CS Whipped comes in a glass jar with a plastic stopper that prevents product from sliding into the cap and getting lodged in it should the foundation get turned upside down for a long period of time. I've thrown the plastic stopper away though I do wish for traveling's sake I had kept it since you can't always control the way your products will sit in your suitcase. With that said, the foundation is very, very viscous so it won't immediately flood the cap and make a mess if you happen to leave it tilted for an hour or two. Because of the jar packaging, you will need to scoop product out of it as there's no mechanism to squeeze foundation out and it's too thick to pour out like regular CS. This may be a deal breaker for some but it's not for me since I use clean fingers to dot on my face and don't double dip.

Color Match: Through some investigative Googling I determined that 370 Natural Tan would be a match. However for a while in drugstores near me the displays only went as dark as Warm Golden. In original Colorstay foundation, Natural Tan is too orange so I prefer to wear Warm Golden with some bronzer on top. Since I couldn't find Natural Tan I picked up Warm Golden. Unfortunately with the hot weather I'm far too tan to wear it so I've shelved it for possible winter use. Natural Tan on the other hand is a perfect match--not too yellow like many medium/tan shades can be, with just enough neutral tones to suit my olive skin.

Application: Prior to using any foundation during the daytime, I prep my skin with a thin layer of clindamycin cream and then a layer of zinc oxide sunscreen. At night I skip the SS step. Like I alluded to previously, I dip a finger into the jar and dot a small amount of product on my face. I will normally make 5-6 dots (1 on the forehead, nose, chin, cheek and then the extra product will go on any problem areas that day). Then I take a damp beauty blender and blend out the foundation. The process is quick and my skin looks flawless. After that I set with Maybelline Dream Matte powder. With the BB I can get light-medium coverage. I do not build up my foundation any more than that as I despise a full-coverage base but I'm positive that this could be built up to hide almost every single imperfection.

Wear: This product, much like 95% of newer drugstore releases, boasts 50 billion hour wear. I wear it easily for 12 hours with no problems. As an oily gal I do still need to blot and powder, particularly after hour 5, but my foundation doesn't fade away or turn into a greasy, slimy mess like it does many other foundations. The lack of SPF also makes it photograph beautifully--no ghost face in any pictures.

Break outs, clogging, irritation? No, no, and yes moderate irritation initially but due to the fact that I had just upped my Retin A dosage and the salicylic acid in this combined with my already more sensitive skin were a match made in hell. After my skin adjusted to the Retin A, I retried the foundation with no problems. I've been wearing it religiously for a month with absolutely no issues.

Repurchase? Well I'm well on my way to finishing this foundation so yes, definitely.

This foundation is quite simply, glorious, for my skin type.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by jadyxo

This is a great foundation for those with oily skin, the finish is mostly matte. I don't think it'll be good looking for people with dry skin. I have some dry patches between my eyebrows and it always looks cakey. It feels light and gives good coverage. I don't like the packaging but it's probably like that because the cream texture can't be used with a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by katpower

I love the texture of this and seem to get an awesome finish with my Soho Blending Sponge - another great drugstore buy! I'm very fair and got the ivory but will probably get the next darker color for the remainder of the summer (I have the slightest tan, very slight!). Looks great in natural lighting.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by heheheidy

Super duper love this foundation. I chose Natural Tan and it's perfect. It's silky, has good coverage and lasts through out the day. I sweat rather easily which has always been a problem because my foundation doesn't last. However, with this foundation it still stays on. ^.^ It makes my skin look great and I would definitely buy this foundation agaaaain~

I just dislike that I can't really use brushes with this foundation because it looks off if I do, so I use my fingers. That's about it though. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by lisbet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just had to try this! I have been a fan of Colorstay liquid for years, but recently it just stopped working for me-I think the formula has been changed. It began to look mask-like on me. But when the Whipped Colorstay came out-I was intrigued. It delivered everything I could ask for in a foundation. It went on very well-evenly and silky. The coverage is good and the color I chose, True Beige-is perfect. I'm an NC 35. The coverage went from my face to my throat seamlessly. I adore this product. It is a little expensive for a DS item, but so was the L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle-which is a comparable texture. Comparing the two, I prefer the ColorStay. The L'Oreal goes on pretty as well, but it disappears after several hours on me. I must add that the climate here in Texas is not very conducive for ANY foundation at all! We are having scorching days of heat reaching into the low 100"s. The Colorstay did not sweat off as easily as the L'Oreal-but I'm not spending any time outdoors, but even so, just getting in and out of your car will bring on a bad case of the sweats LOL! But I do think the Colorstay is the superior product. I would put it up against any HE foundation. I've tried them all. I've purposely avoided reading any reviews on this product, trying to stay as subjective as I can. Now I'll go on to read what other ladies are saying about this foundation. Believe me when I say this: I am very critical when evaluating foundations. They have to meet a certain standard with me. I have 58 yr. old skin that I've fought hard to maintain as wrinkle-free and as young looking as possible. I won't just slap on any old foundation. But I've found a winner in the Colorstay Whipped creme make-up!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No