October 21, 2014 | 873 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by emi9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I used to use Bare Minerals for years and then I decided it was too powdery for me and switched to the regular, liquid Revlon colorstay. I did like it, but it seemed to go on a little patchy, even when I used a primer. It just wasn't the right consistency for me and putting on more just made me look too made up. But this whipped foundation is literally amazing! It glides on smoothly and evenly and it feels very light and fresh on my skin. A big bonus is that it controls oil very well (so far) and looks fresh for many hours longer than the original Colorstay foundation, imho. It is a little pricey for drugstore, but a little goes a long way and I really enjoy the heavy feel of the glass container. It may not be easy for travel, but it looks and feels similar to a department store makeup container. I wore sand beige in the original foundation and the sand beige for the whipped foundation is a very close match, maybe slightly more neutral. And I don't think it oxidized at all during the course of the day. Definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by makeuplovely22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this foundation. It is very pigmented, and covers the hyper pigmentation and redness on my cheeks very well. I also love that the color range goes light enough because so many ds foundations don't come in a light porcelain shade. The only drawback for me is the scent when you first apply the product is a bit "chemically" smelling. But keep in mind the scent fades for me shortly & I love the coverage so much that I'm willing to put up with it. Would definitely repurchase, one of the best ds foundations I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by lmtrues

I bought this foundation for about $12-13, which is a little expensive for drugstore, but i wanted to try it. Its pretty good overall, I have combination skin and normally my face doesnt need to be touched up until the evening, but my nose and forehead were pretty shiny by lunch (but i dont blame the foundation- my school doesnt have air conditioning and its hot) it lasts for a decent time and covers well. The shad selection isnt great (my walmart only had 5 or 6) and I got Ivory. If given the opportunity i probably would have gone a shade up but in conjunction with my powder (loreal true match N1) and that i double it as concealer I have a pretty good color match and it covers my acne scars pretty well. The only thing that may prevent me from repurchasing is that it doesnt have a full ounce, the jar is deceiving (i did my makeup this morning thinking that i had plenty left only to tap my brush in and find that i had reached the bottom of the jar) and it oxides. Its not terrible but its noticeable. I probably will try something different next time i buy foundation (which i guess will be tomorrow) i will try a different one but that doesnt mean that i wont repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by pvncteacher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It feels fantastic. It appears to minimize my pores which makes me very happy. You do not need a lot of product to have good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation after all the rave reviews I read on MUA. But I couldn't bring myself to get it till it wet on sale. I picked it up at Rite Aid for $8.99? Score! Because it's currently summer (or when I first tried this) my skin tone was a bit warmer and darker than it usually is. I am pretty neutral for the most part with some pink undertones. In Mac I'd say I'd be about an NC30-35, though it has more yellow. After looking over multiples swatches my choices were down to warm golden and natural tan. For some reason I felt warm golden would be too yellow, so I settled on natural tan. This was a great choice for my summer color! Unfortunately this will not match me in winter. So I went to pick up the next lightest color that did not have much yellow. I chose true beige which looks like it'll suite my skin later on. (it has more pink).

Cons:
- packaging is unhygienic and bulky, making it unsuitable for travel
- hard to choose what your color is through the jars because they all look pretty similar.
- no SPF

Pros:
- medium To full coverage foundation
- just need smaller than a pea sized amount to cover entire face!
- I did not feel the need to powder as it dried down to a smooth finish.
- feels great on the skin, not too thick.
- photographs well
- holds up at least 6 hours without touch ups!

Overall I love this foundation! Although I do think I can go a shade lighter still. I wish revlon came out with shade guides or something. That would be helpful. And please add a pump! I use a qtip or scoop to get this out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by beingfollowed

For reference, I'm 29 and have combination skin (dry cheeks and nose, oily chin).
First impressions: I would say the product is a little disappointing first off because the jar is not entirely full, as it is in promotional pictures. The jar is heavy and glass which makes the product seem a bit more high end. I hate that it's not a pump product, but I guess you can't really expect that with a creme foundation. The texture is think, being a creme, which took me a while to get used to as I generally use liquid or powder foundations.
Colour: as suspected even the lightest shade, Buff, is a tiny bit dark for me but not overly so. It doesn't oxidise or get darker on me after application which is a relief.
Application: I've tried using a brush, sponge and fingers and find that fingers work best as I have the most control over coverage this way.
Coverage: This foundation works best on the dry parts if I have thoroughly moisturised before hand. It doesn't seem to stick to the dry bits or look flaky which is nice. For the oily parts, like my chin, most foundations start to 'separate' about half way through the day. It's hard to explain but it sort of looks spotty and uneven. This foundation, however, does not do this and chin looks even throughout the day. Coverage is probably medium on me however you could definitely sheer it out or build it for fuller coverage.
Finish: This foundation feels moist for probably about 5-10 minutes before it sinks in nicely (baring in mind that this is in dry winter conditions, don't know how it goes in humidity or high temps). It ends up in a satin-to-matte finish which stays pretty even throughout the day.
Wear time: Haven't tested the 24 hour claim but I can definitely wear this for a good 10 hours without even a touch up. I reapplied my foundation before going out last night out of habit but actually didn't really need to as it's looked almost exactly as it did when I put it on in the morning.
Final Verdict: I was pleasantly surprised by this foundation, especially it's performance on both oily and dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by valeriem121

I was on a budget and needed a new foundation and decided to give this a shot. I am so happy that I did! It is THE BEST drugstore foundation I have ever tried and rivals most department store foundations. I have oily skin and this does a great job of controlling the oil. The coverage is medium. I would compare this to Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation but better. The only downside to this foundation is that it doesn't have an spf in it already. I can't say enough good things about this foundation. I have searched high and low for a foundation that really controls oil and this is it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by zzzwww

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation. It goes on smoothly and doesnt collect in pores or wrinkles. It just looks like you have beautiful perfect skin. I apply with a makeup brush and only use a small amount at a time and stipple the area that needs to be covered. My skin looks airbrushed by using as little as necessary.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by shoegal831

This foundation has its pros and cons. Overall, I would repurchase it.

Pros: Stays on all day on my combo/oily skin, does not crease (fine lines, laugh lines), build-able for full-coverage, does not look caky.

Cons: Unhygienic packaging, a little pricey for only 0.8 fl oz, HORRIBLE IN FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!! I put this on for my birthday and all of the pictures I took (my camera, my friends' cell cameras) looked bad. My skin looked pale and gray. I pretty much looked like a zombie.

The color I wore was 320 - warm golden?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by jacq1985

I've only worn this about a week, but love it. I used The original color stay before this, and applied it with a damp beauty blender type sponge. I wasted a lot of foundation this way, not realizing it at the time. The whipped creme makeup is great because i can apply it with my fingers (this seems to be the ideal way to apply this foundation) and it blends seamlessly, and melts into my skin. I've used foundations by chanel, mac, cover fx, and dior, and i prefer this. The coverage is great, and maybe it's just me, but I find the color i use (Buff) looks better than Buff in color stay liquid foundation. I don't mind the packaging, i scoop out little bit each time and don't touch any of the makeup other that what i scoop out. I always wash my hands before applying makeup, so I'm not that concerned about contamination, though I will see if the formula starts to look gross after a while. The only thing I'd change is a color shade lighter than Buff, but without the pink undertones that Ivory has. I'm NC-10/15, and it's extremely difficult for me to get a good match with my foundation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No