August 22, 2014 | 1076 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by dianeluis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am not a lipstick person at all (usually stick to gloss and lip liners to fill in my lips with) but I love these!! I purchased Pink Truffle and Sugar Plum (which are both shades I would normally never wear on my lips), and they are both amazing products for the price!! Pink truffle is the perfect pinky nude that looks amazing with MAC Whirl lip liner. Definitely looking forward to trying more of them out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by radiance22

I have this in Pink truffle. Perfect everyday color. Pigment is like a lipstick but its so smooth and moisturizing. Definitely a worthy buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by livieTree

To the point: I LOVE THESE.

Why?
-moisturizing
-easy to apply
-smooth (like oh my gosh smooth)
-great color
-cute packaging

When I used the first one (Red Velvet) I nearly lost my sh*t. I was soooo amazed by the amount of color and moisturization these gave. I remember sitting in the car of my CVS putting on Red Velvet and thinking... "Oh my gosh... I wanna try a few more." So, I got down and picked up two more, Creme Brulee and Sugar plum.
Creme Brulee is like a perfect nude. I love it. I think I tend to look bad in nudes but damn.... This looks fantastic! Today I picked up 2 more in Fig and Sweet tart. Fig is a beautiful brownish red, while sweet tart is an in-your-face pink. I have literally abandoned all my lipsticks and juicy tubes for these lip butters. I plan on getting all of them,
This might sound a bit extreme but I have yet to try one I hate, they all look fantastic, and I now have two HG in this line. Maybe I'll find more :D

HG mentioned:
Red Velvet (Perfect Red)
Creme Brulee (everyday nude)

Extra info; I'm NC15 with blue eyes, and brownish-redish hair.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by snowbird53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Was able to find these at Bed Bath and Beyond of all places. LOVE this product! Pink Truffle is a better and brighter version of Clinique's Pink Toffee Buttershine. I also purchased this in Fig Jam, and the color is a beautiful browny red.

They go on smooth and with quite a bit of pigment. They feel wonderfully moisturizing, and I think they will be great this winter when things get cold and dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mighttango

I am disappointed. I purchased Berry Smoothie. I do like the color intensity and how the tint lasts, but would not call this a lip butter by any means. My fav lip butter is Chapstick Naturals, which goes on smoothly & lasts longer that the expensive Revlon version. You could almost nix the Revlon, and just use lip liner with Chapstick Natural product. Wanted to love this, but sadly do not. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this is "Berry Smoothie". The color is a mauvey light berry color. It is a lot like MAC's "Syrup" lipstick. This is extremely slick and smooth, and has a lot of slip going on. I think I will go back and get a few more!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by enchanted_xx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked up Raspberry Pie today and I love it. I couldn't get over how smooth it was-very comparable to Milani's HD lipcolor.
One thing I hate about lipsticks is when they look great, but look like crap once you eat/drink or do anything. This particular shade (I can't speak for the others) leaves a super gorgeous natural-looking stain after you eat. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mascaralover123

I have the color strawberry short cake.
it is the only one i have tried so far, but I will for sure buy more of these when i can catch them on sale.
I think the color pay off for what these are, is wonderful. great for every day color. these are also just as pigmented as a lipstick, they feel so nice on my lips. I do think they are a little Over-hiped, but they are fabulous.
I will be buying more, but probably only two or three.
the packaging is also really cute, but kind of hard too see through the packaging, because it usually has the same color as the lipstick, so it's difficult, but there is tons of swatches other places.
I would give these an 8/10.
just because of the packaging, it is cute, but kind of difficult too see through, and in some places they are kind of expensive.
will for sure buy more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are really nice! Such a ride range of shades. The lip butter is luxurious and feels more like a high end hybrid of a lipstick and tinted balm. I think the price is only a tiny bit high so reasonable. I like that there are so many different shades offered but some of them give of way different color pay offs. The tube is pretty and sturdy but it makes it impossible to see the colors thru the top if you are just choosing in in the store. Great swatches online though. Hope these lip butters stick around! The only think I didn't like was I find it a little hard to apply them neatly from the tube sometimes, especially with the darker colors. Will buy more shades, I'm kind of obsessed with them!They make my lips feel softer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up two colors: Pink Truffle & Red Velvet. I absolutely *love* Pink Truffle. It's the perfect nude lip color on my skin tone for fall. [I'm around an NC30-35]. I can never apply too much. The texture and feel is great. It keeps my lips moisturized, but if your lips are REALLY dry, I would suggest putting on a lip balm beforehand. It feels light and smooth on the lips and no funny taste. I could definitely buy this again. Red Velvet is a beautiful color for night time looks and shows up quite natural on my lips. It's not entirely dramatic but can still be pulled off in that manner.

My first thought of them being marketed as a lip butter made me think that they were going to be like LIP BALMS. No this is not correct. They may provide enough moisture for some, but for others who suffer from very dry lips may not want to substitute this for lip balm.

Overall, great lipstick! Revlon definitely knows how to make lip products!