October 21, 2014 | 1988 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by ophir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For most of my life, I have dry patches around my nose that most moisturizers don't fix unless they're thick and heavy and makes me feel gross. This jojoba oil is amazing--I put a small amount at night after cleansing and I've not had the dry patches come back. Though it's not greasy, it doesn't sink in immediately, but goes to work as I sleep. It makes the rest of my face so soft I can't stop touching it (bad, I know, but I can't stop) I don't put it on in the morning before applying makeup though because I want something that sinks in right away so my foundation doesn't get effected. I've been using for about 8 months now and no breakouts. I have combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by LikeDylanInTheMovies

I waited a long time to try this product, not believing all the hype. Boy, I wish I had tried it sooner. I don't think I could live without this product anymore. It had many uses, you can use it on your face, body, and hair. I personally like to mix 2 drops of this in with my normal styling product or put it in my hair as a pre-shampoo treatment. I also use this around my eyes at night, and my eyes look fresher and brighter in the morning. I am also going to try to mix some w/ my shampoo/conditioner and maybe use it as an overnight hair treatment. I will definately be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by jude00

I've been using this for about 4 years and I will continue to do so till forever. It works well as a sole moisturizer before you go to bed or underneath spf in the morning. i just love the idea of applying one ingredient on my face rather than a whole list of things, each having no less than 6 syllables. Mind you, this does not prevent breakouts and you can still get the occasional breakout like you always do. but ladies, this will truly be good for you in the long run. i believe.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Seriously awesome. I liked it so much I just bought a bottle for my friend (she's in love w/ it too!). I use a drop in the morning and night, and it makes my skin glow. However -- I was breaking out a lot a while ago, and this did make me break out even more. I went on Accutane ( I have 3 weeks left) and am able to use Jojoba oil again. PS -- if you are debating to go on Accutane or not, please do! It was the best and only cure for my cystic acne.

Anyway, now that I don't break out at all, I can use this again. It only stays oily for a few minutes, but does give your skin a "dewy" look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 12:37:00 AM More reviews by globear

This stuff is great for face, body and hair. I love it! It makes my skin soft and my hair shiny :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Adah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to replace my Lush Ultra Bland with this as a makeup remover. I rubbed a few drops on my eyelid with my finger and to my surprised it worked much better than Ultra Bland at removing eye makeup. So I rubbed a few drops on my face to remove concealer and powder and it burned. My cheeks got really inflamed and I started breaking out. Apparently my skin is more sensitive than I thought. I won't be getting this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2007 4:28:00 AM More reviews by newsongchick

This stuff is freakin amazing!! My combo skin freaked out last summer after switching to a new acne product. It got so dry that my whole face was flacky. And we all know that you can't cover it up with makeup because that just puts a spotlight on the problem. I was moisturizing several times a day just to try and keep my skin relativly flake free. I finally bought a bottle of this and started to use 2-4 drops in my moisterizer and it saved me. I could wear make up again!!! It kept me flake free for as long as my make up was on. And it doesn't clog pores or make you break out since it is just like the oil your face produces. If you struggle with flakes YOU MUST BUY THIS! I spent about $8 on a small bottle but that's because I got it at a health food store. Trader Joe's and drug stores (if you can find one that carries it) will be cheaper. And even if you got a small bottle, it will last the rest of your life because you use so little at a time. One of my only HG products!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by jescrawf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only use this for eyemakeup removal. I dont use it on my face. I feel it clogs my pores even though others say it doesnt. Its great to get that water proof mascara off though and to mix a little in your body moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2007 3:40:00 AM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Definitely a HG product for me! I use this on my acne-prone, combo skin every night and it hasn't disappointed yet. I read that this is the closest oil to skins own sebum... even if that's not true, this stuff is great! I use a little on the midlengths to ends of my hair for a bit of extra moisture, and it is the ONLY product I've tried that really stops tangles ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by kate_rose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I kept meaning to pick up some jojoba oil as I heard so many good thinga about it. Girls of the world, get yourselves down to your local stockist of this stuff (Holland and Barrett in the UK) and buy a bottle. I mix in in with Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour cream for my bitten, dry cuticles, I rub a couple of drops into my scalp and hair after washing and use it round my eyes for lines. Light oil that is a total super moisturiser. GREAT stuff.