Desert Essence Jojoba Oil - 100 pure

4.3

Not tested on animals

Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.

on 9/27/2007 9:49:00 AM

Great product for my hair! I use it as a leave in on damp hair(mostly on the ends) and when i blow dry/air dry/straighten my hair is always super soft! I just cant believe what it does! I also use it as an overnight leave-in when my scalp is feeling dry and that works miracles too! YEAH!!!
Now... that being said im not crazy about it for my face:( Which is mainly the reason i bought it. I used it as anightime moisturizer and when i washed my face in the morning it still had that sticky/filmy kinda feel... idk?! But it didnt work for me. Any suggestions?!
I dont really use it for much else but the fact that its the only product i put in my hair i love it!

on 9/23/2007 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I started rubbing this on my face after reading these reviews. I have slightly dry skin. It is a light oil. It makes my nose and chin peel. I think this skin had some dry areas that are flaking off from the oil. I also put it on my psoriasis on my elbows which is very minor but it helps.
I put it on at night and then put my Olay Night Effects over it and wake up with baby soft smooth skin. This is the best use of this I have found, putting it under my night time moisturizer.
I think it is helping to soften up my dry skin. Yes I would buy it again. My skin needs some extra oil.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Jojoba oil is MY beauty secret. I've been using it for about a year on my face as a moisturizer/makeup remover and my face is completely clear and well moisturized. The reason I started using Jojoba oil is because about a year ago I started a very strict acne "regimen" and although it left my skin very clear, it also left my skin extremely dry. I have dry skin to begin with and after using so many acne clearing products on my face, my face was so dry that I would literally cancel important plans to avoid leaving the house with such horrible dry flakes. Someone recommended Jojoba oil to me (because Jojoba oil is the CLOSEST oil to your own sebum oil your face will produce) and I went to the Vitamin Shoppe, bought their brand, and immediately started using it the next time I put on lotion. What I personally do is use my regular lotion (I myself use Eucerine) and I add just 3 drops of Jojoba oil into the lotion, mix it around with my finger, and apply as I would like using my regular lotion. I find if I put more than just 3 drops my skin will actually become more dry...I'm guessing because it is "over"exfoliating if you use too much. After about a week or two of putting 3 drops of Jojoba oil mixed in my lotion twice a day (morning and night), my dry skin was completely gone. Like I said, this product is MY beauty secret...although it's not much of a secret because I am always recommending it to people I see with really dry skin. I also use this at night before cleansing my face on any eye makeup I have. It removes makeup really well. I recommend everyone to at least try Jojoba oil, hopefully you'll be like me and find it to be a miracle product.

on 9/20/2007 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

And then the clouds parted and a pure and crystalline shaft of light shone down from the heavens, illuminating the most amazing of all skincare products to have ever passed from... oh... er... this is some really good stuff. I use it for makeup removal (even stubborn waterproof mascara), as a carrier oil for copper peptides, as a moisturizer, on healing tattoos, and even for massage. It doesn't have a strong scent, and it won't cause your skin to produce more oils (in fact, it decreased the blackheads on my nose). I'm on the dry and sensitive side, and it doesn't bother my skin and does help ward off the dryness. Of all the skincare products I've purchased this year, this is the one that you could not pry from my hands for almost anything. The only downside I can think of is that sometimes there is a little oil that drips down from the cap when you close it and you may need to wipe the bottle off. But, seriously, for an inexpensive, all purpose, gentle and organic facial product, that's not so much to ask.

on 9/19/2007 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really love Jojoba oil, I been using it for many years on parts of my face and under my eyes since I use Retin-A and have oily skin. This stuff keeps your skin super soft and healthy without breakouts. I've used many brands and they are all good as long as it's just pure jojoba oil. Great for your hair also, pre-shampoo or as a leavin.

This really seemed to work at first loosening up my blackheads, but within a month (this being my only product change), my face was MORE broken out than before.

Sadly, this just was not for me. The packaging was sturdy and all, but i wish the opening was slightly smaller, as to dispense smaller amounts as a little goes a long way.

I'm combo-dry, moderately acne prone + have mild eczema. continued >>

on 8/28/2007 5:43:00 AM

after i had heard some rave reviews on this product a few months ago, i decided to check it out,hoping that it would help my red marks and sort out my dry skin..i used it for about a week and all it did was cause lots of breakouts on my skin and made my skin drier.. i know for the first couple of weeks in can cause your skin to purge but i just couldnt deal with it..didnt really like the packaging either found it very messy

on 8/27/2007 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using the oil for about a week and am really liking it so far. I massage it into my face to remove my make up then wash it off with a cleanser. I feel like it helps to remove make up and mascara and it seems as if my skin is healthier and less oily. Also think it has helped some old scars fade and reduce the little bumps I had on my upper arms. Will buy again for sure.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this every night to clean my face. I just put a bit on a cotton pad. It takes off all makeup, moisturizes and cleanses my dirty little face. I put it in an old (cleaned) KY bottle. It snaps shut, is tiny, does not leak and is perfect for traveling. LOVE IT!

on 8/25/2007 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Love the oil, loathe the bottle (I keep mine in a dropper). Works well as a gentle facial mositurizer (dry, very red, easily irritated skin), and a little goes a looonnng way. My only real complaint is the bottle. It's impossible to travel with this stuff in the original bottle unless you have it double-bagged in ziplocs, because it leaks horribly. But all in all, an indispensable and economical moisturizer.
UPDATE 12/07: Don't know why it never occurred to me, but today I rubbed 2-3 drops of this in my hands and applied to the ends of my hair. Bye-bye dry winter-air static hair, WAY better than any commercial balm or shiner I've tried. Many uses for this stuff.

Popular Moisturizers