December 20, 2014 | 1805 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Mikella

I use a local brand of Jojoba oil. I had read a bit about it, and then found reviews on here, so I decided to buy it about 5 days ago. I have very fair, sensitive, combination, acne prone skin that tends to be uneven. I prefer using it at night so far, one day I used one drop under a liiight moisturizer under my makeup, and my makeup kind of melted off. But I definitely will be using it every night. Not only does it kill bacteria and balance your skin (and how much oil it produces).. it moisturizes beautifully. I would recommend this to eeeveryone. You literally only need ONE drop, if you use more you'll probably be prettttty greasy! One drop works perfectly :) So it will last AGES. It seems expensive for the amount you get.. but when you think about how long you'll have that one bottle, it really doesn't matter. It is GREAT for hands... my hands and cuticles look good just after using it on my face and rubbing my hands. I have yet to use it in my hair... I have a TON of fine, currrrrrly hair.. I'll give it a try. I'll update when I've used Jojoba oil for a longer period of time :) Thus far, my skin is VERY happy!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 11:30:00 AM More reviews by NuMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't use the Desert Essence kind, I have the NOW brand jojoba oil. I'm so glad MUA turned me on to it. I've been using this as a facial moisturizer at night with no problems at all. BTW...I have pretty normal skin with an oily nose in the summer and slightly dry forehead in the winter...very few breakouts throughout the year. This is also excellent as a makeup remover, hair frizz reducer, etc. The bottle sucks...it's hard to get a few drops out without a mess! Overall, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2007 12:50:00 PM More reviews by virgy123

I've been using Dessert Essence Jojoba oil for years on hair and hands, only started using it on face within the last 8 months. It removes my makeup very well and when I see pores around my nose start to clog up, I'll pay extra attention to rub around that area thoroughly. Since jojoba is a wax, it literally melts pore-clogging sebum.

I'm lucky to live close to a Trader Joe's. I can pick up a 4 oz. bottle of this for only 7 bucks and always keep an extra one around so I don't ever have to run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by 993103164

i use this as a makeup remover. it works like a charm, it gets everything off and then i follow up with a cleanser to make sure the greasy feel of it is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 11:04:00 PM More reviews by happymerlot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

An outstanding multitasking product!! It goes from being a good face treatment (wipe off with damp cloth), or warm a couple drops and press onto face as a moisturizer boost, to being your hair's best friend: three drops (work it into your hands first), and gently pat down a frizzy mane, and it's a great, natural looking shine. Add a drop or two to conditioner or shampoo to help with dry hair. I hear this oil works well for acne, but all I know is it won't make it worse. However, that container is not good. Have to put it in a separate bag to travel, cuz somehow it's gonna leak at least a little, and it's impossible to close it without it getting all over the place. Easy to find though, and reasonably priced considering how long it will last and how many uses it has.
Edit: Lately I've been using a couple drops of this under my ss in the AM and under night cream at night, and it's been fantastic, kind of an anti-inflammatory&hydrating effect. Brought back the dewiness. Sure, it looks a little shiny for an hour or so, but on me it fades away into a nice balance.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by enfantmignon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I love the idea of a multi-use product, I have found no success with jojoba oil. When I first began using this on my face, which is breakout-prone, I got pimples in places I'd never gotten them before--my forehead, for instance. Those on my forehead faded away, but while my acne is generally localized to my jawline, it is now all over my cheeks two months later. No matter how little I used I ended up with greasy-looking hair. Maybe this will work as a cuticle oil--I've really run out of ideas of what to do with it. If you do try it, I would highly recommend transferring this product to a bottle with an eye dropper, as it's the only way to consistently measure out a small amount (all or more than you need). You also need 10-20 minutes for this to absorb before applying makeup--a total hassle. For someone with normal skin, this may be brilliant. Not for me, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by ophir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For most of my life, I have dry patches around my nose that most moisturizers don't fix unless they're thick and heavy and makes me feel gross. This jojoba oil is amazing--I put a small amount at night after cleansing and I've not had the dry patches come back. Though it's not greasy, it doesn't sink in immediately, but goes to work as I sleep. It makes the rest of my face so soft I can't stop touching it (bad, I know, but I can't stop) I don't put it on in the morning before applying makeup though because I want something that sinks in right away so my foundation doesn't get effected. I've been using for about 8 months now and no breakouts. I have combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by LikeDylanInTheMovies

I waited a long time to try this product, not believing all the hype. Boy, I wish I had tried it sooner. I don't think I could live without this product anymore. It had many uses, you can use it on your face, body, and hair. I personally like to mix 2 drops of this in with my normal styling product or put it in my hair as a pre-shampoo treatment. I also use this around my eyes at night, and my eyes look fresher and brighter in the morning. I am also going to try to mix some w/ my shampoo/conditioner and maybe use it as an overnight hair treatment. I will definately be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by jude00

I've been using this for about 4 years and I will continue to do so till forever. It works well as a sole moisturizer before you go to bed or underneath spf in the morning. i just love the idea of applying one ingredient on my face rather than a whole list of things, each having no less than 6 syllables. Mind you, this does not prevent breakouts and you can still get the occasional breakout like you always do. but ladies, this will truly be good for you in the long run. i believe.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Seriously awesome. I liked it so much I just bought a bottle for my friend (she's in love w/ it too!). I use a drop in the morning and night, and it makes my skin glow. However -- I was breaking out a lot a while ago, and this did make me break out even more. I went on Accutane ( I have 3 weeks left) and am able to use Jojoba oil again. PS -- if you are debating to go on Accutane or not, please do! It was the best and only cure for my cystic acne.

Anyway, now that I don't break out at all, I can use this again. It only stays oily for a few minutes, but does give your skin a "dewy" look.