October 21, 2014 | 885 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kellypi07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow! That's all I have to say about this foundation. Before, I wasn't too fond of MAC foundations because Studio Fix gave me little bumps around my jaw. However, I decided to give this a try. First of all, it does not make my sensitive skin break out which is always a good thing. Second, it really does stay on! I'm a senior in high school, I put my make up on at 6am and don't take it off until 9:30pm and I have gym class in the middle of the day as well. When I take my make up off the foundation looks pretty much the way it did when I first put it on. Oh, and wana hear something crazy? After gym class one day I decided to blot off the sweat from my face. Usually there's foundation that gets blotted off as well, but when I blotted my face off with this foundation only sweat came off... amazing! It also looks nice in photography, it gives me that flawless look. The finish is a natural finish - not dewy nor matte. I apply this foundation with either my Sigma F50 duo fibre brush or the MAC 188 brush. Both brushes make this foundation look great. Some people have said that it oxidized their skin, but I didn't find that to be the case at all. You just have to try it out for yourself - take a sample home and see how it works for YOUR skin because you may end up loving it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by katieqr0918

This is approaching HG status for a liquid foundation for me. I have been wearing for a week and it really is the only foundation that lasts on my oily/combo face all day long. Even EL Double Wear breaks down on my nose by lunch time... while this MAC does get shiny on my nose by lunch, it doesn't really break down... I always touch up with powder at lunch but with this foundation, I don't absolutely have to... but with other foundations, I have to. It can get a little cakey looking if I put too much on.... but one pump is more than enough to cover my entire face.

I have to use a damp Beauty Blender sponge to put it on... I tried a brush and it looked awful... but the Beauty Blender works perfect. It looks a little fake first applied but it dries down to a really nice finish.

As for color match... I bought the NW20 online. It's a decent match, a little too light, but it works. but I need to try to get to a MAC counter and be color matched... the closest MAC counter to me is about 2 hours away so it will be awhile before I do that.

All in all... unless things change as I continue to use this, this foundation has edged ahead of my other nearly HG liquid foundations, Bobbi Brown's new Natural Finish and Revlon Colorstay.

I highly recommend... If you have oily or combo skin, this could be the best foundation you ever use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by tbennett81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product now for 2 weeks & I'm so in love with it! It's by far thee best foundation I've ever used. I'm fair, & have dry-combo skin. I've alway had difficulty trying to find a foundation that doesn't dry my skin out, that stays on for a long time with virtually no touching up, great coverage but doesn't feel like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. THIS IS IT!!! It's water-based so it doens't clog your pores! My skin is also sensitive & prone to break outs/black heads if my skin is irritated. It's truly a great new product from M.A.C. & I highly HIGHLY recomment it!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for the past week and so far it's awesome! I have problem skin: old acne scars, oily, huge pores, redness, dry patches from Retin-A, and an impossible skin tone to match. HOWEVER, this is by far the longest lasting foundation I have ever used. It was 113 degrees in LA and my foundation stayed in place all day.It barely oxidized, kept my oilies at bay, and smoothed out my huge pores. So far I haven't broken out either! The only issue I have is that I am an NC44 in Studio Fix and ProLongwear comes in either NC42 or NC45. I ended up getting the lighter one and warming it up with powder. I ended up getting the concealer as well :) Love this product!

Update: It turns out that this does oxidize a bit and NC42 on my NC44 skin looks pretty good with a little blush. You really have to make sure you wash your makeup off with a good cleanser though. The concealer matches my skin perfectly too!

Edit: It eventually broke me out so I had to discontine wearing :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This is a fabulous foundation. It truly lives up to the claim of being long lasting, and transfer resistant. When it comes to foundations, I have a few that are HG's- Revlon Colorstay & Estee Lauder Doublewear (& a few others I love).... Needless to say, I really didn't need to purchase this but any foundation with the word 'long lasting' always interests me. Since I ordered this online, I did some research and found that the colors ran a bit dark (and pink :x)- while I'm normally NC20-25 in MAC foundations, I opted for NC15. NC15 is a smidge to pale for me, however, I am an avid foundation mixer. I love mixing this with a drop of my ELDW which is a little pink, both color neutralize and create my shade :) ....application of this is a breeze, it doesn't dry to fast and it blends amazingly well! As for coverage, I would say medium to full, depending on how many layers you prefer...... Now, the long lasting claim? I'm happy to say that after 10 hours of wear (with a setting powder) this did not budge! with ELDW and Revlon CS, I generally need to always touch up my nose and chin after 6hrs- with this, I was as matte as when I first set the foundation earlier in the day :D .....I know MAC foundations have come under scrutiny for being to orange, un-blendable and breakouts- but I think they really have come up with a great formula!

Personally, the only MAC foundation which broke me out was studio sculpt (which I disliked) ....but so far, I haven't had any breakouts with this. When removing, this is pretty hard to come off- which shows how strong it is. Color-wise, NC15 to me, has a neutral undertone and no pink tones from what I can see. Another plus? the pump! it makes application so much easier....All in all, I'm very pleased with this and glad I impulse purchased it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by makeupisthebest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally found my HG foundation!!!! for now at least :P I love it I was using the M.U.F.E Mat Velvet + before this when I ran out of that I decided to go ahead and try this since I read alot of good reviews about it. I'm sooooo glad I did It looks soooooo good on and does exactly what it says its supposed to I have very oily skin and I'm lucky if a foundation lasts more than 3hrs without becoming oily this one seriously lasts me all day and I haven't had any transfer on any clothing or anything thats a plus cuz the m.u.f.e was everywhere this. LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I got a sample of this sat and have been using it everyday ,
Pros : med coverage , stays on all day , doesn't transfer to clothing , stays put all day for me it's usually 7am -10 pm , doesn't oxidize , washes of easily and hasn't broken me out ;)

Cons : the shades run a lil lighter but not to make a big diff , I'm NC 30 in studio sculpt , studio tech and NC 35 in studio fix and I bought NC 30 in this ;) It's a lil sticky the fist couple of hrs but I set it with my bare essentials mineral veil ;) gets a lil oily if u sweat at any point during the day but when u return to a cool temp it goes back to looking just freshly applied ;)
Will deffinetly keep buying so glad it's a permanent item along w the concealer !!!!! Way to go MAC !!!!!!
Update : 5/5/11
I'm almost done w my 2nd bottle and I'm still lovin this foundation I'm applying it w 109 brush and 1 pump is more than enough;) still lasting 15 +hrs even in the hot & humid Texas weather ! This is all I ever use on my clients for their weddings , prom, or any special event !!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by briii

I originally went in to Mac to purchase my Studio Fix powder and saw that they had a new foundation. I was extremely curious about it so I asked the MUA to put it on half on my face so I could see how it looked. She matched me at NW20 which is a perfect match for my pale skin (: as soon as she put it on I loved it. The way it made my skin look was amazing! I decided to get it and I am so happy I did. I have had this foundation for a couple weeks now and Sunday was the ultimate test for it. My nephew had a birthday party at a train museum where it was over 105 degrees and we were outside the whole time. I was there from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm. I was so surprised at how well this foundation held up on my skin. With me sweating like a pig all day and wiping the sweat off it still pretty much stayed put. I did have to retouch my nose once but it's not a big deal to me. I set this lightly with Studio Fix powder and my face looks flawless (: ohh and NO BREAKOUTS!!! MACs Studio Fix fluid broke me out horribly so I am very happy that this one hasn't. This is definitely a great foundation. I am so happy I found it (8

UPDATE: I was really in love with this foundation but this morning I woke up with teenie tiny skin colored bumps around my mouth and chin area. I've never had them before and they're so annoying. You can't see them unless you look up real close in direct sunlight but I can definately feel them. This has been the only new face product ice been using so it has to be the foundation. I'm so sad that this happened to me becausei was really loving this foundation. Unfortunately I dont want to use it if it's causing the bumps :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by tnmo

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! Finally MAC has come out with an all rounded foundation that is long lasting, has minimal transfer and can be worn dewy or matte. It's also medium and is buildable which means that it is versatile for everyday work/school wear and special occasions. The pump is great for controlling how much product you want. The best part for me is definitely the fact that it doesnt feel heavy or cakey on the face, especially if you use a little primer under it (although not necessary). Work quickly because it dries fast but this is a definite yay!

I've used Studio Fix Liquid (NC 50), Studio Fix Powder (NC 50) and Studio Tech and I would never buy them again due to the fact that they either (in respective order) make my skin look like an oily icky mess after 2 hours and feel like I have a heavy coat of paint on, look cakey and "too perfect", or dry out and cake in clumps on my face.

Great all rounder!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2010 1:44:00 PM More reviews by angel411

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Color choice is poor. I'm in between two shades so I'd have to buy two bottles and constantly mix. Did not care for this coverage at all. There is nothing moderate about out. I don't have great skin but it's not the worst either, and it did a terrible job at hiding old acne scars. I can find $10 drugstore foundations that have the same coverage. Mac missed the buck on this one.