April 24, 2014 | 1910 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by seesheer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As a result of the beginning of winter AND hormonal birth control, my skin has been significantly less oily and pleasingly smooth and relatively acne free. However, around my mouth and nose I've been experiencing horrific dryness, something that did not go away no matter how much moisturiser I slathered on. I tried masks and creams and nothing relieved the itchy feeling and wearing even my greasiest foundation to cover up my red skin was just disastrous and flaky. Then, I remembered that I had a little sample packet of this hidden away in my bathroom draw.
Instant relief. I remember breaking out from this stuff before, but now that my skin has gone into disaster mode, I could not be any happier to be using it. I no longer resemble some kind of ridiculous pie crust-human hybrid.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 1:14:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

at first, I absolutely loved this product. I would use it as a night time moisturizer during the winter. It was great at moisturizing but then I began to get clogged pores on my cheeks, which is very unusual for me. After I stopped using a diff moisturizer that I thought was causing the clogged pores, I came back to this cream, and guess what, it was this cream causing the clogged pores the entire time. I stopped using this cream, but I left it in the bathroom to use as a body cream. Recently I noticed that my mom's skin was beginning to look very bad, full of clogged pores. My mom is in her late 40's and I've never seen her with one blemish/clogged pore before, so I asked her if she was using the cetaphil cream on her face, and she was. I told her to stop using it, and her skin is getting alot better. All in all it does a very good job at moisturizing, but beware that it can be very poor clogging, so I would not use this daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 7:48:00 PM More reviews by blueprint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I am a happy convert to this from Eucerin Q-10 anti-wrinkle cream and Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base. I've tried both the tube and tub version, and I inexplicably prefer the one in the tub. Anyway, I am Asian w/ combo skin, and this cream really does the trick - it doesn't clog pores at ALL, not heavy (just don't slather it on), no greasy residue, no scent, and is very moisturizing. I use it AM and PM, with or without makeup. (Sometimes I skip AM, and my face still feels moisturized from the night before.) I've actually started using it everywhere and it makes all the skin that I apply it to really soft and smooth. I cant stand when lotion makes my skin kind of sticky after applying, and this doesn't do that as long as I don't get too crazy. All in all, great staple.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2007 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Jessie39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this for the first few days--until my face broke out. Hoping it wasn't the lotion, I waited until the breakout cleared and tried again--breakout again! My skin is very sensitive and another reviewer noted a chemical in this that may be the trigger.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by bulamae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because it was placed next to Aveeno Calming Cream and it is a lot cheaper. Even though it is greasy, this is a lot more gentle than the Aveeno cream. Actually, my skin became a lot less red after switching to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 10:31:00 AM More reviews by madison555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cream is great. I use cetaphil lotion everwhere and this cream on places that are extra dry (including face sometimes). It reduces my eczema and doesn't sting my sensitive skin like 99% of other moisturizers out there. I have already repurchased twice. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 7:49:00 AM More reviews by mk80

I like Cetaphil cream... It is thick & truly hydrating... I used it on my lips, hands, elbows & legs in the past harsh winter... I also used it on my combo face (sparingly)... It does leave skin a bit glossy but for me it did not break me out or feel sticky... I would not dream of using this in the summer... Saving the rest for the next winter...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2007 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Nokomi

This is wonderful! I put it on at night before my Retin A and also in the morning under my eyes. It has totally changed my skin! It's glowing and healthy.

It is a bit much for me during the day (I am very oily but use Retin A which just leaves me confused) but at night and on dry patches it's great. My skin is finally clear and glowing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Rubberducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS CREAM. This is the first moisturizer that has not caused me to break out. I have oily misbehaving skin but some how this has calm it down due to my change in skin cleansing and moisturising. I have moody skin , sometimes it springs alot of oil which results in blackheads and clogged pores and other times it is dry. I decided to start using The Healing Garden Cleasing Milk and moisturize with Cetaphil cream. ( i wish the package this cream in tubes for portability and hygenic issues) Anyways i came to the conclusion that soap based products and products with certain acids irritated my skin. The cleansing milk is an oil based product ( with out mineral oil) that cleanses and leaves my skin really soft.
I have totally cut out usually my former HG facial wash and moisturizer Pure Zone line. Cetaphil even helped the lines undereye plump out. I believe this is a wonder cream. Now my face looks much better and is much calmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 12:12:00 PM More reviews by juuuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only moisturiser that i can use without having to worry about causing clogged pores. I used sisley cucumber moisturiser, biotherm, dr hauskha rose cream and they all caused BUMPS! They all managed to do little when it comes to moisturising except for Dr H and cetaphil. So i would say this is my HG moisturiser for its hydrating properties and no clogged pores.