October 21, 2014 | 1628 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by melkim

I recently had a strange reaction to the Kiehl's non-detergent cleanser. It sort of burned my skin and then caused it to peel. My face was very dry and stung every time I washed or moisturized it. A friend recommended Cetaphil and since I started using it, my skin not only recovered, it improved from its pre-Kiehl's condition (which had been pretty good to begin with). It makes my skin dewy and very soft to the touch. Like many people have commented before me, the packaging is a bit of a low point, but I figure there are ways to work around that.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by amelina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Closest thing I have found to an HG moisturizer! Does not sting or cause breakouts on my acne, sensitive rosacea skin and keeps me hydrated through the day and night after cleansing. I use the tube as I find it more sanitary. I am worried it may clog my pores a wee bit---not any crazy cystic zits, but maybe a few blackheads--- I need to wait a few more weeks to know for sure as I have completely overhauled my cleansing/makeup regime and may have just had a little purging as my skin is adjusting.
UPDATE: just was not hydrating enough during the winter....my skin felt tight and irritated (and an increase in blackheads) after a few months of use. HOWEVER, Would buy again if I lost my HG moisturizer and needed one in an emergency, but would not want to use it for more than a week or two.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by danig5

I absolutely love this stuff and buy it by the truckload at Costco to bring back with me since moving to Italy. There's not a shower that I don't use this afterward, so at least once a day I use it & the 20oz tub last me about 4 months. I have dry skin and some patches of eczema, I couldn't live without this cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Kate_Duke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an absolutely wonderful product. I am a skincare freak, and it is the great basic lotion that I go back to. My mom is a dermatologist, and she recommends Cetaphil Cream to her patients. It is non-comenogenic so it shouldn't clog the pores. Great under makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

sorry but this wasn't moisturizing enough for my super dry skin as crazy as that sounds. Eucerin Daily Replenishing Lotion is way more moisturizing and is my HG. i use it for my face and it's the only lotion that can seriously totally rid of my dry flakes and peeling skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 4:23:00 AM More reviews by livadia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great cream for the body. (I reserve my comments for use on the face as I have oily facial skin and have never contemplated using this on my face.) This is a thick and odourless cream, and I mean it has no smell at all, unlike some of the 'fragrance-free' products out there which actually smell nasty. That said, this cream is a god-send for all of us with eczema; it moisturises without any irritation. Texture-wise, this is good as well as it absorbs quickly so that despite its initial richness, it never feels sticky (and I live in a tropical climate). This has been my weapon against those nasty itchy, dry, red patches known as eczema and I have literally moisturised eczema on my knees away over the past 1 year with this, without resort to any steroids. The packaging can be better though; the tube is un-economical as so much gets stuck in it in the end, and the tub is rather unhygienic. The price is mid-range, for something that relies on simple ingredients (albeit those that work) like Mineral Oil and Sweet Almond Oil, it should be cheaper. But until I find a product that works as well, I am sticking to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2007 5:49:00 AM More reviews by fruitsmoothie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

for people with combo/oily skin, i wouldn't use this because it contains mineral oils in it. i think it's better to use it on the body instead of face! i experienced the same problems as others; such as clogged pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2007 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Figure88

Cetaphil + my face do not get along! Nothing has caused me more breakouts than their face wash and lotion. After my experience I realized that while the product wrecks my face it does wonders for the rest of me! I buy the moisturizing cream religiously and use it for a foot cream, on rough patches of skin, as a hand cream, and as my general body lotion. Nothing make my skin smoother and softer than this fabulous product. It doesn't smell, leaves me feelin' like I have baby skin, and is super cheap. I have rolled with La Mer and this stuff is basically the same only WAY cheaper. This will continue to be a staple...it rocks!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by gzheng

I bought this after seeing such great reviews here and I do not regret. Although the cream looks really thick in the tub, when rubbed onto the skin, it just smoothes out and vanishes. Not thick at all for my combination skin. The smooth texture really surprised me. I often put this under foundation or even mix it with my makeupforever foundation for a tinted moisturizer.
Although the big tub is quite unsanitary, I kind of like the idea of scooping moisturizer out of a tub. But of course I transfer a small amount into a smaller container to keep the rest clean since I know this gigantic tub will last me almost forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2007 3:41:00 AM More reviews by AndreaLeigh

Bought this derm-recommened moisturizer for my face, and it was way too heavy and caused breakouts. I'd bought the large tub, so I decided to try on my body. It makes me itch, so bad that I'm leaving claw marks on my skin when I use it. This is going in the trash.