April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2007 1:14:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

at first, I absolutely loved this product. I would use it as a night time moisturizer during the winter. It was great at moisturizing but then I began to get clogged pores on my cheeks, which is very unusual for me. After I stopped using a diff moisturizer that I thought was causing the clogged pores, I came back to this cream, and guess what, it was this cream causing the clogged pores the entire time. I stopped using this cream, but I left it in the bathroom to use as a body cream. Recently I noticed that my mom's skin was beginning to look very bad, full of clogged pores. My mom is in her late 40's and I've never seen her with one blemish/clogged pore before, so I asked her if she was using the cetaphil cream on her face, and she was. I told her to stop using it, and her skin is getting alot better. All in all it does a very good job at moisturizing, but beware that it can be very poor clogging, so I would not use this daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 7:48:00 PM More reviews by blueprint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I am a happy convert to this from Eucerin Q-10 anti-wrinkle cream and Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base. I've tried both the tube and tub version, and I inexplicably prefer the one in the tub. Anyway, I am Asian w/ combo skin, and this cream really does the trick - it doesn't clog pores at ALL, not heavy (just don't slather it on), no greasy residue, no scent, and is very moisturizing. I use it AM and PM, with or without makeup. (Sometimes I skip AM, and my face still feels moisturized from the night before.) I've actually started using it everywhere and it makes all the skin that I apply it to really soft and smooth. I cant stand when lotion makes my skin kind of sticky after applying, and this doesn't do that as long as I don't get too crazy. All in all, great staple.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2007 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Jessie39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this for the first few days--until my face broke out. Hoping it wasn't the lotion, I waited until the breakout cleared and tried again--breakout again! My skin is very sensitive and another reviewer noted a chemical in this that may be the trigger.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by bulamae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because it was placed next to Aveeno Calming Cream and it is a lot cheaper. Even though it is greasy, this is a lot more gentle than the Aveeno cream. Actually, my skin became a lot less red after switching to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 10:31:00 AM More reviews by madison555

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cream is great. I use cetaphil lotion everwhere and this cream on places that are extra dry (including face sometimes). It reduces my eczema and doesn't sting my sensitive skin like 99% of other moisturizers out there. I have already repurchased twice. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 7:49:00 AM More reviews by mk80

I like Cetaphil cream... It is thick & truly hydrating... I used it on my lips, hands, elbows & legs in the past harsh winter... I also used it on my combo face (sparingly)... It does leave skin a bit glossy but for me it did not break me out or feel sticky... I would not dream of using this in the summer... Saving the rest for the next winter...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2007 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Nokomi

This is wonderful! I put it on at night before my Retin A and also in the morning under my eyes. It has totally changed my skin! It's glowing and healthy.

It is a bit much for me during the day (I am very oily but use Retin A which just leaves me confused) but at night and on dry patches it's great. My skin is finally clear and glowing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2007 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Rubberducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS CREAM. This is the first moisturizer that has not caused me to break out. I have oily misbehaving skin but some how this has calm it down due to my change in skin cleansing and moisturising. I have moody skin , sometimes it springs alot of oil which results in blackheads and clogged pores and other times it is dry. I decided to start using The Healing Garden Cleasing Milk and moisturize with Cetaphil cream. ( i wish the package this cream in tubes for portability and hygenic issues) Anyways i came to the conclusion that soap based products and products with certain acids irritated my skin. The cleansing milk is an oil based product ( with out mineral oil) that cleanses and leaves my skin really soft.
I have totally cut out usually my former HG facial wash and moisturizer Pure Zone line. Cetaphil even helped the lines undereye plump out. I believe this is a wonder cream. Now my face looks much better and is much calmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 12:12:00 PM More reviews by juuuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only moisturiser that i can use without having to worry about causing clogged pores. I used sisley cucumber moisturiser, biotherm, dr hauskha rose cream and they all caused BUMPS! They all managed to do little when it comes to moisturising except for Dr H and cetaphil. So i would say this is my HG moisturiser for its hydrating properties and no clogged pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by adobeprincess

I had been using an expensive moisturizer for night. I have switched to this because of cost. I like that it does not clog pores. It is a little bit oily, but by morning it soaks in and leaves my skin super soft. I am so happy to have a product that gets results and is a good price. I have aging skin that is acne prone and this is great. I really like that this is unscented.

Update it is still working well for me. I have yet to find a day moisturizer with sunscreen that I like, but I am so happy with this product at a great price.