Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 12/14/2007 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Update> I loved this stuff at first. But after a few days of consistent use, my skin started to peel and flake like crazy whenever I put my BE foundation over this. It would look fine when I first applied it, but then about an hour or so later my skin would be peeling and flaking all freakin' over! It was crazy and super ugly. Funny thing is, when I use this at night, with no makeup over it or anything, my skin looks and feels good (however, I suspect it may block pores over the long term). So I will be using this up as a night cream and a hand cream, but not as a daytime moisturizer.

on 12/10/2007 9:20:00 PM

I use this every day after I shower. I swear by it. It's wonderful, and I've used it for possibly four years now. I have naturally dry skin and bad skin allergies, and I have never been allergic to this lotion. It has kept my skin moist and soft.

on 12/7/2007 3:18:00 PM

GREAT product - my HG for moisturizer. i have combo skin that tends to be dry and breaks out occasionally - so far, so good for this product. Is extremely thick, so a little goes a long way. Even after a long day in my overly heated office, I don't need to re-apply. So far, it hasn't clogged my pores - will keep my fingers crossed. Now if they only made this just for the area under my eyes....

on 12/5/2007 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For the price, the big tub of cream is a huge deal for any shopper.
I have combination skin most of the year. In the winter it gets very dry, flaky, and sometimes red or irritated. I end up looking at my skin constantly, and trying to think of something to fix it..So I picked this up, and on the first try it gave ultimate moisture without being too heavy or greasy. I use it at night so it can really sink in. The sweet almond oil in this gives the extra nourishment.

on 12/4/2007 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love finding inexpensive drugstore staples! This fragrance-free, color-free cream is great for super-dry, sensitive skin. It's very thick and creamy and instantly moisturizes parched skin without feeling greasy. It's a great value: you get a HUGE tub for around $10-$12 (depending upon where you buy it). My only complaint is the packaging. It comes in a large, bulky plastic jar. I really dislike products that you have to dip your fingers into -- it just doesn't seem very hygenic. However, I believe you can get this product in a tube, which I will definitely look for when it's time to repurchase.

on 12/3/2007 4:15:00 AM

I really really wanted to like this item. actually this is the 3rd time I'm revising my review for this product. I used cetaphil cleanser for years, because I use clarisonic and cleanser consumption is enormous and cetaphil is so gentle and cheap. I love cetaphil.

but cleanser is the only thing worked for me. I used cetaphil cream and it is to oily for my face, it broke me out, I hadn't have cysts on my sideburns for half a year and I now had 3 big ones. whenever I used cetaphil, my cysts felt itchy and burning and growing, when i stopped. they calmed down too. so i now use cream as a body lotion.

I think it's the petro that I'm not able to cope with, petro is used to get gasoline, and i cannot use petroleum and anything with high contents of petro, I had problem with.
sad...it's so moisturing and so cheap.
continued >>

on 12/2/2007 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Like it heaps better than the Cetaphil lotion. Absorbs a lot faster and perfect for my sensitive skin

on 11/28/2007 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I used it on my face, and within a couple of uses it killed the top layer of my skin. It made the dead skin a shade darker and it started to peel. Looked like vertigo!! it was so horrible!! I tried it twice 6 months apart to see if it was just me and same thing happened. I dont have sensitive skin and I have never had a reaction like that with anything else. laaame.

on 11/27/2007 8:52:00 PM

I am just not at all impressed with the few products I have tried in the Cetaphil line at all. I used a small amount, applied all over my face and neck area, blended well (or so I thought) and went on to allow it to "sit/set" and absorb into the skin. I then applied my make up and noticed that I had moisturizer that hadn't absorbed into my skin and neck area and again, I used a very small amount of this product. I also noticed that it's very oily which is not an "attractive" look for anyone. I am definitely not going to purchase this product or any Cetaphil products no matter how many rave reviews I hear or read on the Cetaphil line. Overall rating/grade from personal experience/trial: "F" and I underscore that "F" :(((

on 11/24/2007 1:08:00 AM

I used Cetaphil cream with great success for four years both at night and day under my makeup. Then for some reason, I decided it was time to start using moisturizers that touted anti-aging benefits. I have tried Olay, Ponds, Garnier, Avon, Clinique, and more than that I had been eyeballing even more expensive creams by Philosophy.

The dry skin on my face was getting out of control after moving to a colder climate. With the holidays coming up I thought it was best for me to just get an old favorite rather than waste more money on a gamble of a face cream. After one night of using Cetaphil my skin straightened out, no more dry uncomfortable areas, just smooth soft skin. I will even dare to say I look fresher and younger, it seems to plump out what little lines I do have. Now I know why I was loyal to this stuff for so long!

Popular Moisturizers