Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 1/2/2008 2:13:00 PM

Now that I'm north of 30, my skin has started drying out. For my nightly routine, I used to apply a retinol product by itself (usually ROC). Then if I needed it, a light, simple no-frills lotion over that to give some light moisture to my skin without breaking it out (just the regular Olay lotion). Alas, with winter and age, the lotion doesn't do it anymore. I saw this at Costco and figured what the heck, if it sucked I could use it on my body b/c it was so damn cheap. This comes in a big jar and is a very thick cream -- a little goes a long way. It provides very nice moisture -- leaves my skin feeling wet and with a nice film of oil (yes, this is actually a plus -- so stay away if you're even close to oily). AND, it hasn't broken me out! I've started using it on my infant too, b/c winter indoor heat has been a little harsh on his poor baby skin and I wanted something to put on his face that was fragrance-free. The only thing I don't like that much is the packaging -- I hate digging the last remnants out b/c I feel it's so unhygienic. But I'll definitely repurchase.

on 1/1/2008 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I used to have dry, sensitive skin especially during the winter. My skin used to get so dry that it would get flaky. Because I am naturally tanned, you were able to literally see a white layer on my skin. It was so bad and every lotion I tried didn't help. It would moisturize my skin for only a few hours. It'd get dry and flaky within 2 hours or so. I discovered Cetaphil cream from my dad. Both my parents have very dry, sensitive skin and unfortunately I inherited it from them. I've been using Cetaphil for about 4-5 years now, and my skin is hardly every dry/flaky anymore. It's been a miracle for me. For the first time, my skin is nice and soft. I use this after I get out of the shower and sometimes at night. It comes in a tub w/a jar and costs about 10-12 bucks which should last you at least a few months. It is fragrance free which is great for people like me. My skin can sometimes get itchy rom skincare (lotion, shave gel) with fragrance. I absolutely love this....it is one of my HG items. I can't believe all the years I went with nasty, dry legs!

on 12/30/2007 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This cream saved my face. I use prescription cream and my face gets very red and irritated sometimes, so I always use Cetaphil. I've been using the one that comes in a tube, I think it's more hygienic than the tub, plus the ingredients are a little different, I think the tube version is less pore-clogging, at least IMO. So, if you have dry or irritaed skin, this will help in about a couple of days. I use only at night. It doesn't seem to work well as a day moisturizer, it's too thick and can't really be used as a make-up primer. I purchased and re-purchased and hughly recommend!

As some of my other reviews have mentioned, this is a new area for me. I am usually really oily, at my driest I've been considered to have "normal" skin... until this year. Weird dry patches and rough skin have plagued me since mid october. I have switched darn near every product I had been using... several times. I was very hesitant to try this product. I have never really had to use a moisturizer. I usually shop for matifying products, so the word CREAM kinda freaked me out. I have to say though this has cleared up my giant chin sized dry patch in 24 hours. Not completely gone, but I can wear makeup over it again! I have yet to discover the long term effects (and will update if they are negative) but so far this has made a huge difference in my skin's feel and appearance almost immediately. It is not greasy, but a little goes a long way. I was able to find it in a tube which is why I didn't rate the packaging as poorly. In terms of value the tub is way better, but I need portability for office touch-ups (which I have had to do very infrequently due to the fact that this has staying power). So I am blown away by the results, no fancy anti-aging promises, just delivers a thirst quenching drink it down dose of moisture. What was that saying your mom always told you, K.I.S.S. (keep it simple sweety) This hits the mark!

on 12/15/2007 11:14:00 AM

I use this both on my face (at night) and as a body creme. It soothes my dry skin especially during the winter. I just love this line. It's perfect for anyone suffering from combination skin and or eczema like me. Plus you get a giant tub for only $14!! It lasts you forever.

on 12/14/2007 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Update> I loved this stuff at first. But after a few days of consistent use, my skin started to peel and flake like crazy whenever I put my BE foundation over this. It would look fine when I first applied it, but then about an hour or so later my skin would be peeling and flaking all freakin' over! It was crazy and super ugly. Funny thing is, when I use this at night, with no makeup over it or anything, my skin looks and feels good (however, I suspect it may block pores over the long term). So I will be using this up as a night cream and a hand cream, but not as a daytime moisturizer.

on 12/10/2007 9:20:00 PM

I use this every day after I shower. I swear by it. It's wonderful, and I've used it for possibly four years now. I have naturally dry skin and bad skin allergies, and I have never been allergic to this lotion. It has kept my skin moist and soft.

on 12/7/2007 3:18:00 PM

GREAT product - my HG for moisturizer. i have combo skin that tends to be dry and breaks out occasionally - so far, so good for this product. Is extremely thick, so a little goes a long way. Even after a long day in my overly heated office, I don't need to re-apply. So far, it hasn't clogged my pores - will keep my fingers crossed. Now if they only made this just for the area under my eyes....

on 12/5/2007 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For the price, the big tub of cream is a huge deal for any shopper.
I have combination skin most of the year. In the winter it gets very dry, flaky, and sometimes red or irritated. I end up looking at my skin constantly, and trying to think of something to fix it..So I picked this up, and on the first try it gave ultimate moisture without being too heavy or greasy. I use it at night so it can really sink in. The sweet almond oil in this gives the extra nourishment.

on 12/4/2007 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love finding inexpensive drugstore staples! This fragrance-free, color-free cream is great for super-dry, sensitive skin. It's very thick and creamy and instantly moisturizes parched skin without feeling greasy. It's a great value: you get a HUGE tub for around $10-$12 (depending upon where you buy it). My only complaint is the packaging. It comes in a large, bulky plastic jar. I really dislike products that you have to dip your fingers into -- it just doesn't seem very hygenic. However, I believe you can get this product in a tube, which I will definitely look for when it's time to repurchase.