April 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by febLISAone

I am an absolute lip balm junkie and is also very picky about the lip balm I use. This lip balm smells great, but doesn't do much at keeping my lips hydrated. Instead of going on smoothly, it feels a bit chalky right off the bat and I can feel all the flakiness on my lips even more with the balm on. It's cute... but that's all it really has. Sorry EOS=(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by jdychn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldnt buy this product again because the smell is just terrifying. It makes me feel sick. I think this is the only scent from their line i dont like. It feels like its moisturizing my lips at first, but after a while, it makes my lips dry. The packaging is cute, but annoying sometimes... Its awkward to put it in your pocket because of the huge lump, and its not the right shape to keep space in a bag. But i mostly just dont like the smell and how it doesnt moisturize.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by jls517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this lip balm. Packaging is great cause it takes 2 seconds to find in my purse. I also love how easy it is to hold and open. Took this skiing last weekend and had no issues taking it out of my pocket and putting it on with huge ski mittens on. Smells delicious and glides on smooth!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! Best lip balm I've ever used. Keeps my lips moistened and soft. Smells good and is cute and compact. Great product. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by hipnotica

Overall, I'm liking this product. However, I'm so use to buying lip balms that have a minty feeling to my lips and this one doesn't do the job. But I love the packaging and the way it leaves my lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by HeadToPumps

This was my first (and only) EOS lip balm. I HATE the way it smells...makes me nauseous. Goes on smoothly, but doesn't do anything to condition my lips. Won't repurchase, at least not the Summer Fruit one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Kelsimariexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Like almost everyone else i think, i bought this purely for the adorable packaging. I didn't even care if it was good or not. I definitely LOVE the smell, identical to one of my favorite candies - peach rings. The balm itself, eh, so so. It's very waxy, reminds me of burt's bees texture. I prefer a slicker feeling balm, but that's just me. What i absolutely love about this though, is that it's perfect as a base for lipstick. My lips get dried out ad flaky from absolutely everything, so lipsticks tend to look pretty terrible on me. With this stuff underneath, they look smooth and beautiful, and my lipstick stays in place. I put it on under gloss too, the color applies soo much more evenly and smooth, and there's no settling into lines or anything. So as a base it's perfect, as just a balm, it's okay, i think there's better out there. But i'll definitely be buying more.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First I have to say I ADORE the scent of this. However, that's about all I like about this product. I was drawn to it by the packaging and concept, but the formula dries my lips out especially during the winter months. I would not buy again because lip balm should not dry your lips out. That's counterintuitive ;) Tip: I just got done reformulating mine. Here's what I did: I took a toothpick and chunked out the remaining lip balm which revealed a panel underneath it with plastic "spokes" attached to the sides of the container. I then took a box cutter and easily cut through each "spoke" and lifted the whole plastic unit out. Some of the lipbalm is even under the spoke unit and I left it in the container (which is now a pot) and put the lip balm back in the container that I had chunked off. Then you add vaseline, olive oil, aquaphor, etc. to the pot (I chose aquaphor) and melt the whole thing in the microwave until it is liquified. I stirred it with the toothpick and let it harden. Now I have the original scent with a more moisturizing formula in a pot form. Remember, add a little bit of vas, oil, aqua at a time until you get the right consistency because you can remelt it as many times as you need. You can always add, but you can't take it away. I now have a lip balm I can use without it drying my lips and it is now a better managed pot form!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by haidehh

Got this after reading here at MUA. Its a cute package but not handy. The worse was that it dried out my lips horribly. It made them worse and i would not recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by TheAfroBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As I was browsing the lipbalm aisle at Walgreen's I saw this product. I belive it was around $7, in other words, way too much for some Chapstick in a ball...especially if its not worth it.
Although, I know Michelle Phan uses it alot in her tutorials. :D