November 28, 2014 | 1920 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Summer Fruit

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Tiffieotheory14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have come to the conclusion that this is the best lip balm on the cheaper side of the market. On average, it retails for $3.50 at drugstores. Online, it is $3.29 with U.S.A shipping of about $2.75.

Many people have complained about this balm being too waxy, too bulky, not shiny enough. Here's the reality:

Lip balms are supposed to be waxy- to shield your lips from drying factors. If you want oil slicks on your lips, stick with olive oil. Yes, there are buttery lip balms out there; the lasting power will not be comparable- creamier lip products tend to transfer and shift after certain durations.

Yes; the packaging is bulky, but it's much easier to find in your purse. I have yet to see a woman on the street without a purse, you don't need to put it in your pocket.

As for shine, THIS IS MARKETED AS A LIP BALM; not a lip GLOSS. You're better off purchasing a lip GLOSS if you want shiny lips.

Yes, there is a scent to this balms, there are many balms that have a scent to them- it's their signature scent. If the scent bothers you, stick to petroleum or pure beeswax/shea butter or other products without scents on your lips.

Buy this product if you're looking for a lip balm that shields your lips from drying factors. Like almost every other product out there, it requires many uses until long term results show. Buy this product because you don't want any paraban or petroleum ingredients to be ingested (80% of lip products do in fact become ingested). Buy this product because you want HEALTHY lips; not glamed, plumped, shiny, pigmented lips.

17 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sasami999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cute packaging, nice smell, dried out my lips horribly which...kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Oh well!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by miss_mimi612

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have an HG balm already, Carmex Moisture Plus, but I'm disappointed with how quickly I go through a tube of it (2-3 weeks!) so I have been on the lookout for a new and better balm as a preemptive measure because if there is ever some sort of cosmetic apocalypse, there is no conceivable way I could ever stock up enough to last a lifetime. Less dramatically and more importantly, these much-hyped spheres were on sale at CVS so I got summer fruit. I hate scented products, but I rather like the scent of this one. It also doesn't have any sort of taste, which is key. The smell has also quickly faded as I have used it. It glides on smoothly but as others have said, it takes several swipes to feel as though you actually have anything on your lips. It's very very thin even after numerous swipes and did I ever swipe, to the point where I just could not go on out of exhaustion and boredom. It wasn't moisturizing at all on me, in fact it dried my lips out. After just a few minutes, my lips felt very chapped. The packaging is rather inconvenient if you like to keep lip balm in your pocket, but it is cute as a button. I also like that it clicks to open/close. The only reason I'm giving it any points is because I find the packaging/shape absolutely intriguing...but such amusements become tiring. I have only been using it for a week or so (I can't continue to use it though since it is so drying), but I would be curious to see how the balm progresses in shape. Is that little dome all of the product? If it does extend to the bottom, how deep is it? I suppose those are questions I may never know the answer to.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by KariRocksOut

I just got this today and I love it! I bought mine at Wal-Mart. It was right next to the register and I've been wanting it forever. I hate chapstick with SPF because I can't stand the taste in any of them and I feel like they don't moisturize. I've been using this for a few hours now and my lips are nice and moisturized and I like the flavor/scent. I'm super picky when it comes to scents in lipgloss/chapstick so this works well for me. It's fruity, but not overpowering and once you've had it on for awhile you don't notice the smell anymore, which is what I like. I like the packaging too because you get a lot of product and it's easy to apply. I don't have the issue of it being bulky because I always carry a purse, but this little thing will be on my nightstand for nightly use. I think people who said the got a really hard or waxy product should email the company because maybe their was old and sat on the shelf too long? Mine is not soft but it glides on lips easy, is not heavy, and moisturizes just fine! For $2.69 at Wal-Mart I don't think it was a bad deal at all. Definitely cheaper than my Sugar lip balm that I keep in my purse :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by xnightstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It moisturizes my lips and smells like delicious candy! The packaging is a bit odd, not like any ordinary lip balm but that's what makes it different from others.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by babyaimy00

I love how this is really good at moisterizing my lips. However, I kind of find the packaging annoying rather than cute. Its just too huge. I can't put this in my pocket when I don't feel like carrying a purse or else I would look like I have some sort of tumor growing on the side of my hip :(.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by raachellexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this balm SO much. It's so waxy, and it didn't even moisturize my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by amaaaalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was one of the lip balms I always wanted to try out. The packaging is sooooo adorable, unlike any of the other lip balms I've tried. It smells really good. I would say this lip balm is pretty moisturizing, but be careful of over applying. I noticed sometimes it leaves my lips kind of peely at the bottom if I apply too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAffair89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Overall, it's a pretty good lip balm. It smells fairly nice, the packaging is absolutely adorable, and it acts as a nice primer for lipstick/lip gloss. I do not have chapped lips right now, and I bought it a couple of days ago. I'm not too sure how it will work when I actually have chapped lips, because this seems to be more of a smoothing lip balm rather than a healing/moisturizing one. I do like that these balms are overly sticky, and they're light. You don't feel like you have a bunch of residue on your lips (like Burts Bees). I bought this one (Summer Fruit) as well as the Sweet Mint. I find them both to be a bit overpowering, especially the mint one. It's not unbearable but it can get irritating. I wouldn't try these if you are very sensitive to smell. So far so good, though! I plan on repurchasing unless it does not work for chapped lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by snugsmontreal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

pros: cute packaging, nice smell
cons: hard, not moisturizing

this stuff is total crap in my opinion. it was 3 bucks at CVS, i did buy it when i got back 2$ register rewards (which i gave to my sister so i didnt really reap any benefit of that). for the price i expected way more from this, not to mention all the rave reviews i had heard on youtube. i only ever heard one bad review (saying it made their lips chapped) but everyone else made it sound like this was the best thing since sliced bread. i found it was hard in texture, and after smearing it on my lips i felt like it was so hard barely anything came off. it does smell nice, even got a compliment from my husband that my lips smelled mango-y. i would not buy this again in a million years, or any of the other smells either. my 1$ blistex raspberry lemonaid it 10X better at moisturizing than this was. what a total waste of 3 bucks, (i could have bought a wet n wild eyeshadow trio for that price and it would have been better spent)