Moroccanoil Moroccan Oil

4.1

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 47000 (Yellow 11).

on 11/29/2008 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My hair is thin, dry, weak, I have some breakage at the ends, and I color (root touch-ups though) and blow dry/flat iron once or max. twice per week. I was in need of something to restore moisture, make it shinier and healthy looking, and this oil seemed to fit the bill on all accounts. So I decided to splurge (43 CAD is not cheap!). Well, the only positive things I can say about it is that it smells very nice (hence the 2 lippies). Other than that...not only it didn't do anything to help my hair, but I actually have a feeling it dried it out. I tried on damp hair after washing, on its own, then with a leave-in conditioner, I tried on dry hair, I tried as a finishing "serum" after flat ironing...My hair would look decent for an hour or so, then my ends would start looking frizzy, unruly, and fried. I haven't had this problem in the longest time, everything I had used prior to this helped way more (PM Super Skinny Serum, but especially Tigi After Party). Actually if I think about it, my ends even feel drier! That can't be good... I'm sure it's a good product for other types of hair, but it definitely doesn't work on mine :(

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this for about six months now and I will never co back yo B&B straight. It protects hair from heat damage, perfects curls, removes frizz, and adds shine,softness, and moisture. How did I ever survive without it I'll never know!!!
Well worth it's 42$ price tag.

on 11/21/2008 2:40:00 PM

Best hair product I have ever found! I have very dry, frizzy hair- this oil helps immensely and does not weight down the hair- softest it has ever felt. Been using for about 4 months now (using the same bottle, and I have long hair).

EDIT: After using this for ~8 months, I noticed that no matter what I did, my hair would not get smooth like before when using the product. Read that it may be due to too much of the silicon-derivatives. I switched to Giovanni leave in, am happy with it, and will try the Moroccan Oil again after a couple months.

on 11/21/2008 2:20:00 PM

This stuff is great! I currently have in my hair-smoothing arsenal Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, Frederic Fekkai Coiff Ironless Straightening Balm, Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream and Moroccan Oil. My hair feels healthiest when I use the oil. Yep, guess you could call me a product ho. The bottle didn't come with a pump applicator so I have to be careful to pour a little into my hand and re-cap so that none of the product runs off my hand and into the sink.

on 11/21/2008 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

wow wow wow....this product is amazing...my hair drinks it up..no frizz, blinding shine and makes it sooo soft..this is the ultimate leave in...a true miracle for my hair

on 11/20/2008 8:10:00 PM

I was hesitant to buy this bc it says its for thick unruly hair which is def not me, but I took a risk and I'm so glad I did. It's definately for damaged hair that is thirsty for hydration (I don't believe it matters what thickness bc I have fine hair and it works great for me).

I am always looking to add shine with my hair so thats the main reason I bought this. I put less then a dime size amount in my palms and worked it through my hair staying away from my roots. I blow dried my hair about 80% and then flat ironed the ends. I could not believe the shine! I was previously using glossing cream by fekkai and that doesn't even come close! In the past if something gave me shine it looked greasy or felt obvious. Prior to this I could only get this type of natural shine by getting a salon glaze. Morrocan Oil gave me this lit from with in shine, silkiness, and movement. It just yells "I have amazingly healthy hair" type of way. Perfect for making everyone else envy. This stuf is dangerous though because I kept looking at my hair in every mirror I walked by! The smell is too die for! its like a tahitian vanilla imo.

For reference: shoulder length fine color treated hair (Colored & flat ironed frequently). I use a protein enriched sulfate free shampoo (tigi bedhead superstar) and Enjoy reconstructing conditioner every day.
I also like to use Joico reconstruct.

p.s. the reviews for this are split up my original review was posted under "morrocan oil" so check their for more reviews

also my friend who DOES have thick unruly hair also loves this so id say its good for all hair types.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

WOW! I'm soooo impressed by this stuff!!! I was bored one day and and started looking through the "MUA TOP PICKS" section and I found that Moroccanoil had near perfect reviews so I bought a bottle and now I love it!! I've been using it for about 3 weeks and my hair has never FELT better! I'm trying to grow out my hair and unfortunately I use a lot of heat on it so it started to feel damaged but after using this product, it just feels so much healthier. A few days ago, I was running late to work so I worked this and Bedhead's After Party into my damp hair, blow-dried it and wore it half up and only quickly flat ironed the bottom half of it. One of my little 2nd graders even complimented me on it! =) Ah.. I'm just so impressed with it and I'm so glad I purchased it.

on 11/11/2008 10:28:00 PM

For my hair, this product has been nothing short of a miracle worker. I have very thick, wavy and frizzy hair. this product tames it, de-frizzes, and adds dimension and shine. Plus, the smell is to die for wonderful. It makes me feel like I'm relaxing on the beach with a pina colada. For once, a hair product that doesn't stress me out!

on 11/10/2008 12:55:00 PM

I received this as a sample....and I love it! I was using the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum which I liked a lot too but I was using it for 3 years and I think my hair got "used" to it. Anyway when I put this oil in my wavy hair before blow drying it, it made my hair feel so alive....soft and smooth and bouncy. I will totally buy this once my sample is gone.

on 11/8/2008 6:51:00 PM

Last update:
Well my hair just doesn't like this product. I am finding now that it is drier outside this causes a lot of static. Sigh. Up for swap it goes.

Updating again:
So I find this product to be ok. I am finding that it is drying out my hair some so I have to rotate it now. I don't like the glass bottle. And for the price I won't repurchase it. I find my Enjoy shine and smooth is a lot better.

Update:
So I decided to try this a different way. On more dry hair then damp. And wow does it work better! Killed all the frizz and made my hair smooth. yay!

Well I am the only one that isn't wowed by this I guess. I use it as the bottle says but my hair isn't amazing with it. It isn't any smoother and doesn't seem to control the frizz. I will back to Enjoy shine and smooth. I like it much more then this and it costs a ton less!

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products