Trilogy Rosehip Oil

4.3

Certified organic rosehip oil (New Zealand)

Pros: All natural, dainty traditional pharmacy brown bottle with dropper, didn't break me out, not overly greasy for an oil if that makes sense

Cons: It just doesn't fade marks, though the pleasant sheen/ glow it gives skin is light reflecting so it may at first seem that your skin is less marked

It is just a moisturising agent. An all natural one, one that I can put on my lips safe in the knowledge that if I ingest it it's safe,
I think the appeal of this product even when I break it down into a basic moisturiser is the fact that it feels like a little treatment in itself. The oil hangs around for a while and so veritably encourages massage which can only be a good thing. It also smells good for you - not good - but healthy.
Best used at night where any excess oil can be absorbed. I'd buy it again. I mix it with E45 lotion to thin it out a bit and make it more spreasbale/ wearable for day time, esp. during winter

on 2/6/2013 4:52:00 AM

I've been using this product for about a month,hoping to reduce the appearence of gross red and dark acne marks on my face! I do still suffer from acne.I apply it every morning,mixing it with aloe vera gel in my palm.It makes my skin feel soft and fresh,and doesnt irritate or sting my skin.I do think it has improved my readness and gross complexion a bit as they are not as noticible in the mirror,but i still hate looking at my skin.I am going to continue using it and hope to see some improvement in the next few months.

this product is really nice. i use it with the cream cleanser and ultra hydrating face cream and it always makes my skin super soft. the reason why i didnt give it a 5 star rating was because ive only used it for 2 weeks so not sure about it removing my sun spots or not. also, the 20ml bottle doesnt last that long and trilogy isnt exactly cheap. in other reviews i heard it lasts for ages but ive been using it for bout 2 weeks and is about 1/3 of the way through even though i only use 3 drops twice a day. the smell is almost unnoticeable, just a light smell of rose hip. will definately repurchase if i see further results and get the 45 ml bottle coz that will last me for 2 months

on 1/12/2013 2:00:00 PM

I use this at night instead of moisturiser and massage it in and it works really well. It has reduced the redness on my cheeks and when I wake up my skin feels soft. It also reduces the appearance of acne scars after a while and has never made me break out.

on 12/24/2012 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is a godsend. It was very effective at clearing up belmish scars and feels light and moisturising on my skin. I have had it go rancid in the past so be sure to replace it before the expiration date.

on 12/21/2012 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Would buy again. I add a couple of drops to my moisturizer and I have liked using it.

on 10/2/2012 9:34:00 AM

I just started using it on my face - I'm entering a hormonal state and my chin is developing cystic acne really bad (genetic). this is my last kick at the can before I try acutane. First of all, the thumbs up posters strongly outweigh the thumbs down reviewers - which leads me to believe that most of the thumbs down posters are likely trolls who just want to nay say a good product. I will give an honest report in two weeks time after I give this product a proper try.

on 9/12/2012 3:33:00 AM

I wanted a serum to use at night under my moisturizer to improve my complexion. I'd been playing around with a couple of different products that in the end didn't really do anything for me. I work in a pharmacy and we sell bucketloads of rose hip oil so I thought, why not give it a try? I admit, I really hate that it's an oil but a drop or two is all you need anyway. I used it every night until I noticed a significant improvement in my skin, from being dull to glowy in a matter of weeks! However, and this i'm not really too sure about, but I started noticing dry patches on my face that wouldn't go away. I was really surprised as it felt like my face was just sucking up the rose hip oil and my moisturizer and yet, not feeling the least bit hydrated but very dry and tight instead. I stopped the rosehip oil and changed moisturizers. The dry patches went away instantly. I wanted to go back on the rosehip oil but have been skeptical since. So now I'm just using it every other night while still achieving great results (and fingers crossed - no more dry patches!)

on 8/15/2012 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The first time I bought this product, it made my skin look really smooth and faded my acne scars, but gave me a terrible allergic reaction to it. It didn't scare me off completely though as I loved how it made my skin look despite congesting it. After my skin healed, I tried it again, and I think as long as I don't use it every night, and keep it to 1 or 2 small drops, it wouldn't be as bad. I do see a significant improvement in my skin after usage though it glows and it definitely minimises my acne scars. Wish my skin would be more accommodating and less irritated to everything!!!

on 7/23/2012 9:33:00 PM

Great product. I have dry- senstive skin and very rarely breakout. This has significantly improved texture of skin- minimizing pore size, and helps keep skin smooth and soft and make up sits on it nicely all day =). I put more than it recommends, more like 4-5 drops not 2-3 as it recommends. I even get my friends who are prone to breakouts to put it directly onto clean skin over a breakout and it goes down over night! =) I dont mind the smell however my sister hates it and can't use it during the day because she smells it on her skin. I think it must soak into my skin better as its so dry without it so I dont smell it. Go ahead try it, its not too expensive for what it does =) ...Also I do NOT use a moisturiser when i use this product..no need.

Popular Face Skincare Products