October 25, 2014 | 1241 users online

Skincare - Face - Trilogy - Rosehip Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Ting1998

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is because it does leave my face looking slightly oily after I apply it and the smell reminds me of cooking oil. But the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

I have always had flawless skin (being Asian and having inherited my dad's skin genes instead of my mom's. Thank God!) I'm in my early 30s and I have not had any any wrinkles or lines on my face but in the last year or two, a tiny line has started to appear just underneath my right eye whenever I smiled or laughed. It's annoying because I've only got it underneath one eye. It's more visible when my skin is dry. I tried everything to make sure the skin under my right eye is moisturized but eventually gave up because nothing was able to make the skin there stay moisturized long enough for the line to disappear.

Last week I picked up a bottle of this in NZ (after a friend recommended it). I've been using it twice a day (morning and night) for about 5 days and noticed today that the line is no longer there!

It's like a miracle! And a $35 (NZ) dollar bottle will last ages.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by gkitten25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after a lot of hype in the UK about this product recently and I really like it! The only reason I haven't given it a 5 is because I think you need to use it for a little while before you can really judge if it is working for you. I have been using mine for about a month and it's going great so far, I've had compliments on my skin from the girl who does my facials. My skin is oily/combination so I was a bit hesitant using the oil as I am prone to breakouts but I must say I've not had one yet and it doesn't feel greasy. I like to use this product on it's own at night or a drop or two mixed in with my day moisturiser to give me a little bit extra hydration, I also use it alone round my eyes, but sparingly..you really only need a little.

I will continue to use this product as part of my daily skin routine and hopefully in the long run it will help with anti ageing and skin tone.. definitely doesn't hurt to try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Sabsumaiya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this may possibly be breaking me out, although I have super dry skin, but I continue to use it, because I LOVE how hydrated it makes my skin feel! I use this before my moisturiser at night, and I wake up to smooth, soft skin. I really like the feeling. I'm focusing on other factors that might be breaking me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by frostbites

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: this is so much better when fresh! i had a slightly expired bottle and the difference is astounding. i find that with oils, expiry date plays a bigger role in the quality of product than with creams. take note and caveat emptor.
i would recommend this to anyone.

nothing to add, excellent reviews by those before me.
just a word of warning: with this, less is more.
if you don't feel like it's working, try using LESS. i don't think this is HG for me (doesn't lift or plump my skin like some other oils, ie Weleda Wild rose capsules), but when i tried putting on a few drops less, the results were better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by snootfrack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At night I usually moisturise with Dermalogica's Intensive Moisture Balance, but if I have flakies I'll use 5 - 6 drops of this instead. I also use it every morning for a quick hit of hydration before applying my primer. It really is amazing. It melts right into my combination skin without leaving a greasy film, and my skin feels soft and plump and looks glowy afterwards. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by CaroSaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good, quality product. My skin becomes extremely dry, flaky and is prone to peeling in the winter. The agitation and unseemly redness this causes can be both embarrassing and painful. After doing some research, I ordered this out of desperation. I'm glad that I did -- using it at night, under cream or by itself, has really lessened the agitation caused by too much exfoliation and/or low humidity. It can also be used under the eye as a moisturizer alone or as a base coating before regular eye cream. Lastly, I didn't appear to suffer extra breakouts from it. The price for this product is very reasonable and it lasts a long time. This is definitely a winner.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 6:53:00 AM More reviews by ammielawry

I love this product. I am just finishing my first bottle and have already got another bottle ready to go. The condition of my skin has greatly improved. I don't have dry, flaky spots anymore, redness is reduced, and the overall tone is softer. I used to wear foundation to work every day, but now I don't need to.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by 1Nell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I apply 3-4 drops at night instead of a night cream and I wake up with soft, healthy looking skin. I have to admit that it took a few weeks before I saw a difference, and then one day I woke up and realized that the splotchy redness I had had before was gone and my overall skintone more even.

I know some people have complained that it smells like cooking oil, but I would liken it more to the smell of hay, which I don't find offensive in the least. It reminds me of the smell of late summer in the countryside.

I can't imagine ever giving this stuff up!

UPDATE: I've stopped using this because I've noticed that it makes my (mild) Rosacea flare up. I highly recommend for those that don't have this particular skin problem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this oil. I apply it after washing my face morning and night, and even though it's an oil it isn't the least bit oily or greasy on. I find that when I use this in the morning in place of moisturiser my skin is dewy but not greasy at lunch time. I don't even need to blot now that I use this instead of moisturiser. Absolutely love it, and the fact that it's organic, simple and easy to use makes it even better. My only gripe is that it smells like cooking oil, and is pretty expensive considering that it doesn't last that long for me- maybe I'm using it wrong, but 2 drops patted onto my face and then massaged in doesn't go anywhere!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

I love this oil! I only recently discovered rosehip oil, after seeing it mentioned in a magazine. Before that I had never heard of it. I have combination uneven skintone with some acne scarring, so was looking for something that would fade them a bit as well as even out my skintone. After using this every night for around 6 months, I definately noticed an improvement. I can't say that it has completely evened out my skintone, but it has definately helped it. I often mix a few drops of this with some Vit E drops for added moisturisation and benefit. The only issue I have with it is that for me, it takes ages to be absorbed, even when I use a small amount, so I have to be careful to sleep on my back, otherwise it would all rub off on my pillow. Also, it makes me really shiny, so I can't wear it during the day. I love that it doesn't break me out, even though it is an oil, and I also love that it is made from organic produce: a bonus for my skin! will definately repurchase. **also good to use under the eye area for added moisturisation!**