July 22, 2014 | 1893 users online

Skincare - Face - Trilogy - Rosehip Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 6:53:00 AM More reviews by ammielawry

I love this product. I am just finishing my first bottle and have already got another bottle ready to go. The condition of my skin has greatly improved. I don't have dry, flaky spots anymore, redness is reduced, and the overall tone is softer. I used to wear foundation to work every day, but now I don't need to.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by 1Nell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I apply 3-4 drops at night instead of a night cream and I wake up with soft, healthy looking skin. I have to admit that it took a few weeks before I saw a difference, and then one day I woke up and realized that the splotchy redness I had had before was gone and my overall skintone more even.

I know some people have complained that it smells like cooking oil, but I would liken it more to the smell of hay, which I don't find offensive in the least. It reminds me of the smell of late summer in the countryside.

I can't imagine ever giving this stuff up!

UPDATE: I've stopped using this because I've noticed that it makes my (mild) Rosacea flare up. I highly recommend for those that don't have this particular skin problem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this oil. I apply it after washing my face morning and night, and even though it's an oil it isn't the least bit oily or greasy on. I find that when I use this in the morning in place of moisturiser my skin is dewy but not greasy at lunch time. I don't even need to blot now that I use this instead of moisturiser. Absolutely love it, and the fact that it's organic, simple and easy to use makes it even better. My only gripe is that it smells like cooking oil, and is pretty expensive considering that it doesn't last that long for me- maybe I'm using it wrong, but 2 drops patted onto my face and then massaged in doesn't go anywhere!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

I love this oil! I only recently discovered rosehip oil, after seeing it mentioned in a magazine. Before that I had never heard of it. I have combination uneven skintone with some acne scarring, so was looking for something that would fade them a bit as well as even out my skintone. After using this every night for around 6 months, I definately noticed an improvement. I can't say that it has completely evened out my skintone, but it has definately helped it. I often mix a few drops of this with some Vit E drops for added moisturisation and benefit. The only issue I have with it is that for me, it takes ages to be absorbed, even when I use a small amount, so I have to be careful to sleep on my back, otherwise it would all rub off on my pillow. Also, it makes me really shiny, so I can't wear it during the day. I love that it doesn't break me out, even though it is an oil, and I also love that it is made from organic produce: a bonus for my skin! will definately repurchase. **also good to use under the eye area for added moisturisation!**

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I like to rub a couple of drops of this light and versatile oil into my face before bed. It absorbs really easily and is a 'dry' oil that even oily skin seems to tolerate well. I would say that less is more when it comes to application, because when I've gone OTT and splashed it on liberally it's clogged my skin. But used correctly (there's a reason why these products come with pipettes!) it is light and nourishing. Good for conditioning eyelashes, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by BlueStars

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

A great product, very calming and soothing on the skin. Also seems to slowly fade marks and reduces redness in the skintone. Will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by freckleP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference, I don't have any scars on my face and I only get one or two pimples during my period. My skin type is dry and sensitive.

I use this oil all over my face after toner+eye cream on the days when I can't be bothered layering serum and lotion on, and on the days I feel like my skin needs soothing and rest. I only use it at night, it's quite oily at first but when I wake up it's all absorbed. The results are hydrated, healthy-looking skin with a subtle glow. I can't comment on whether it reduces wrinkles, or evens skin tone, or makes skin firmer cos I don't use it that frequent.

The oil smells like something natural and herbal but it's very mild, unlike some other brands of rosehip oil. The bottle is great and I think 20 mL is a good size, the content stays fresh this way. Rosehip oil is packed with anti-oxidant so the price is very reasonable than those creams that have the same properties (e.g. Clinique superdefense cream costs like 3 times more)

Overall a nice product and I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 3:12:00 AM More reviews by sarahek

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only bought this three days ago but i'm liking it so far :)
I've wanted to buy it for some time after seeing reviews here on mua and reading about its 'cult following'
This is my favourite oil to use on my face. It really sinks in quickly on my dry skin and doesn't leave a oily film ontop of the skin.
I decided to buy this when i bought a new facial moisturiser which worked so well for me, and its main ingredient was pure rosehip oil. So i thought, why not go straight to the source?
I've been using this directly on my face (only 2 drops) Day and night. Yesterday i mixed some of this with my body moisturiser and it was amazing.
The dropper applicator is great too, and the dark container protects it from light.
I'm hoping that in the long term this will help fade a few acne scars i have and even out my skintone, along with fading some freckles. But i'll have to wait and see about that. When i do wake up, i notice my face is not as red, and the sides of my nose are the same colour as the rest of my skin. Never had that before!! :D
I've also been using this on my cuticles and lips, so its really a mulit-purpose product. I really hope this becomes an HG and helps fade some scars, cus i'm loving it so far :) Its great to know it'll help with aging too and that its all natural.
I will update in about 3 months :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Catkins

This is a great product. I was alway weary of putting oil on my skin but after reading great reviews i thought I would give it a go. It sinks into my skin and doesn't leave my skin greasy.

It has helped my acne prone skin, it has started to fade some of the red marks, only slowly though. I wear it under my moisteriser in the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2009 5:49:00 AM More reviews by nclaasen

I've been using this instead of a night cream for about 6 months and am loving it. My skin feels much smoother & softer.