Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

3.6

Mica, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Isopropyl Linoleate, Synthetic Wax, Polymethyl-silsesquioxane, Water, Zinc Stearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Dehydroaceatate, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Trisodium Edta, Peat Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14, Dimethicone, Gold. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 1/28/2012 3:14:00 PM

Great packaging, amazing brush that I still use even though I don't have the product anymore, and it does everything it says it would do. It goes on smoothly, amazing coverage, very natural and gives your face a nice glow.

Only problem for me is that I have combination skin and the powder hydrates too much. By the end of the day my face gets very oily. I would not buy this product again because it's not the right powder for my skin type but I would definitely recommend it to someone else with dry skin.

on 1/27/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is great! Not too heavy with a light fresh coverage over your favorite foundation or tinted moisturizer! Not the cheapest of products but definitely something i would buy again.

on 1/26/2012 8:51:00 AM

I lean towards using matte powders to set my foundation coz I have oily skin, so I was a little unsure to try this product at first. But it's hard to ignore the rave reviews about this powder.I really had to give this a try. Smashbox Halo didn't fail me! This gives the "magical" finish on my face. I dread the word "hydrating" printed on labels coz I hate getting oily face, but Halo is hydrating in a different way that my makeup seems to stay fresh without the rapid oil production. I love how the fine lines under my eyes seem to diminish upon applying this. Foundations for oily skin tends to look dry on my undereye skin, but Halo helps save the day! Whatever Smashbox claims about this product, it all became true in my experience. I'll keep this baby in my stash.

on 1/22/2012 2:14:00 PM

OK I admit I am a HUGE Smasbox fan and this product is one of their best. Since I love Smashbox so much, I tend to use all their products, from primer on and I do think that they work best in conjunction. Whenever I use all the products in the flawless skin kit I end up with flawless skin. And my skin is not good on its own! I love that this powder does NOT give me that powdery look and it feels good on my skin. It does blur all my aging signs - wrinkles, discolorations and all that stuff! It gives an excellent flawless finish for me. LOVE!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's -2 lippys because it's crazy expensive and because it only works only works on dry skin. I got this in light and the color suited me perfectly. I have combination skin so it's oily in summer and dry in winter. This was much MUCH. Better during my dry season lol because it tends to get oily. So if you have oily skin and don't want it getting worse steer away. The packaging is genius. You shave off as much product as you need. GENIUS! It's a buildable powder. It's about medium coverage but you really have to pack it on. Smashbox's face and body brush works great for this! or use it as a setting powder. And it doesn't look cakey which is a plus. I wouldn't buy it again though because it's 60 bucks! Not really worth it. Maybe for 35$

Note: you can get this on eBay for ten bucks!

on 1/18/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this product for about 6 months. Depending on what brush I use, I can get sheer coverage or medium coverage. I have used this as both a setting powder and as a powder foundation. When my liquid foundation doesn't look quite right in terms of finish and texture, this powder instantly improves the look. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't do much in terms of oil control, but it is a hydrating powder and I remind myself of that daily. As for the claims they make with all of the minerals/gold/etc. improving wrinkles and such, I can't say one way or the other considering I don't have that skin issue yet. I do like the packaging with the grinder, as there is less mess compared with a traditional loose powder when I am traveling. I will continue to purchase this (but haven't had to repurchase yet because there is so much product in the container).

on 1/13/2012 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm not a mineral powder person I loathe them to be honest. Bare minerals was my first introduction years ago and I hated it just cause it absolutely killed the color in my skin and it was just crap in terms of coverage and color. . I have combination skin with some hyper pigmentation 2 small marks on my left cheek and one on my chin I went to sephora and the first mua shows me the urban decay powders and sephora powders. As I was about to leave the other mua comes up and asks if I have tried smashbox halo I said no and she went on about the gold, the hydration, peptides, etc I was too busy switching to really listen.. She tested the medium and that was too light but the medium/dark was just about right it's a tad too dark but not really noticeable enough for me to change it. But to the product I loveeeee the packaging the shaving off powder is brilliant no mess, no waste. The powder absorbs right into the skin and the first time I applied it I didn't really like it but the mua insisted i The coverage was good enough to cover my marks and my skin looked awake, fresh, and radiant. This is exactly what I was looking for quick, easy, and it suppose to be great with anti aging but I'm not really concerned about that although it's a great side benefit. The price I wasn't too happy with so I was hoping I'd dislike it just cause $60 for a powder is steep but it's a keeper..I'm gonna test it out for two weeks but I'm pretty sure at the end im going to be $60 short in my wallet.

Edit: Soo my brother comes back from his trip and after not seeing me for a week the first thing he says, " wtf did you burn your face or something it's dark" uhhh yea I was wearing smashbox halo and now it's going back..while I love the coverage the color is too dark I'm thanking god my slightly metro brother came back before I started school and I found an Lancôme powder that works nice enough.

on 1/12/2012 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great powder. Love it. So some background info on halo - it has anti-aging goji berry, real gold, and after 10-15 minutes, its supposed to decrease the wrinkles around your eye by 33% and after 6 weeks of regular usage, it's supposed to be an actual anti-aging treatment for you!
Some things to consider regarding purchasing halo:
-I'd say that is you have oily skin, steer away from this powder because it will give you the dewy finish
-It isn't a full coverage powder. It's light-medium and buildable. Halo is more of a finishing powder, so wear alone for a light coverage - or on top of foundation to set it
-I have dry-dehydrated skin, but I do find that I will have surface oils while using this product after a few hours. I don't really mind because then people say my skin looks radiant
-I'd purchase again definitely, but this is my day to day powder. I don't wear this out or for photography because the dewy finish doesn't photograph well. For those kinds of days, I use my YSL setting powder for that matte velvety finish.

It is a fabulous product, you just need to make sure that it's suited to your needs when you're buying it

on 12/30/2011 9:38:00 PM

I was SO excited to get this product because of all the awesome reviews! I received the liquid foundation for Christmas and decided I would prefer the powder, even though I had to shell out the extra $20 for it.

After cleansing my face with the Clarisonic and putting on my moisturizer, I used the little packet of Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and applied the foundation as recommended by the rep. at Nordstrom. It looked awesome when I was done but a couple minutes later my face felt a little tight and mildly irritated. I went back to the mirror and my face looked horrible! It was blotchy, cakey, tingly, and had the appearance of loose powder in some spots. I couldnt wait to get it off my face!

I have combination skin and mild acne problems. This is the first time I have ever had a bad reaction to any type of make up, be it moisturizer, foundation, concealer etc. I'm really disappointed I had to exchange it, yet again! I feel like something that costs this much should be tested further for allergens and on multiple skin types.

I give it a two for packaging and the fact that it comes with its own brush.

on 12/24/2011 8:16:00 AM

First day using Halo, my boyfriend looks at me and goes:
"Your skin is amazing. You're all glowy."

Pretty much sums it up.