December 20, 2014 | 1732 users online

Conditioner - Nioxin - Scalp Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2004 6:29:00 AM More reviews by jaimmie

I've been using the Nioxin system on and off for about 2 years, and all I have to say is that they REALLY do work to help thinning hair. It takes about 3-4 months, so you have to be patient, but I saw new hair growth, and it's amazing because my hair would fall out by the handful.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2004 4:45:00 PM More reviews by shemonster

I purchaced this product because I am trying to grow out my hair and was told that Nioxin was the only clinically proven line that shows it will grow hair faster. The shampoo and conditioner dries out my highlighted hair something awful. I have been using the 'protectives' line (formally 1c and 2c). I will continue using the product two times a week (when I do not plan on going anywhere) but when the bottles run out I will not purchase again. It is expensive and available at salons.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2004 3:46:00 AM More reviews by jbeans33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well...I actually kinda liked the tingling effect this conditioner had on my scalp. Helped to wake me up before work. Not entirely crazy about the scent, however. Its minty but also kinda weird smelling too. Tough to describe but, the scent lingers. Let me put it this way...not a good scent that you would want your hair to smell like. It left my hair with hardly any body at all. If I did ever consider purchasing this stuff again it would only be for putting it on my scalp b/c it really didn't do anything for the ends of my hair. Doubt I will repurchase b/c its too expesive and I know there are better quality conditioners out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2004 11:40:00 AM More reviews by LDC77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've only been using this for about a week, so will have to update my review in a few months to let you know if it's thickening my hair... but I can tell you, so far I mostly like this product. It smells AWFUL when I pour it into my hand, but once it's on my scalp, it smells/feels minty. Weird. It does give your scalp a very tingly cool sensation while it's on and also after you rinse it. It makes my hair very soft and shiny. I might keep using even if it doesn't produce dramatic thickening results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2004 9:50:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like it! Compliments the shampoo very well. The shampoo if used alone can be abit drying. While this is a conditioner, it is not overly 'oily'. I absolutely love the tingling sensation of the mint. The only complaint I have is of the packaging - sucks. The bottle is somewhat heavy and after pushing the cap downwards, there is still little product left on the top which you will have to use your finger to remove. Silly packaging but great product. Will be repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2004 5:30:00 PM More reviews by peachoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

UGH!!! How can anyone stand to put this reeking stuff on their hair? I've been trying this (along with the shampoo) for three weeks in a bid to curb my hair loss. The smell is like vitamins mixed with cat urine mixed with toxic waste! It actually BURNS my nose (and my scalp) when I apply it! Not to mention that it's left my once-oily hair totally shine-free and strawlike. Having breakouts on my scalp and along my hairline, too. I'm toughing it out for a while longer to see if my hair loss subsides (so far, doesn't seem to be helping in the least), but boy oh boy, I REALLY hate this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2004 1:19:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This made my scalp tingle just like the shampoo did, which is a nice feeling. I used this daily for about 3 months, applying to the scalp only. I didn't feel that it was helping fallout at all, so I stopped using it. Lo and behold, once I stopped using it my scalp stopped breaking out. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2004 2:17:00 AM More reviews by summerl0ng

I love this stuff. I'm only 22 but I began losing hair when I began dieting. I've always had thick hair, and I didn't want to lose that. I've been using this for a few months now and my scalp is healthier (the first time I used it I actually felt it tingling throughout my scalp), and I don't lose as much hair anymore either.

The smell is VERY minty, and it did take some time to get used to.

P.S. I use this with the shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2004 5:41:00 PM More reviews by mirliton

I use Scalp Therapy only on my scalp and roots for the scalp benefits, not conditioning. I didn't find that it really conditioned much when I used it on the length of my hair. I love the refreshed feeling on my scalp after using this, but I don't really care for the minty smell. It's kind of expensive so I don't know that I would continue to purchase this all the time(but I LOVE the Cleanser and M&S), but I do have to say that my scalp does appear to be healthier, itches less and flakes less.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 6:17:00 PM More reviews by hmurphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this product a lot more than I liked the matching Bionutrient Protectives shampoo (which I really didn't like at all). It has a pleasant cooling, minty feel and smell, and it conditions and detangles nicely. I used this right on my scalp, which I don't normally do, and it didn't weigh my fine hair down at all. If you use the matching shampoo, however, you may have to use a ton of this to get out the tangles, which could end up being very expensive. I've only used this twice, so I can't say whether it helps to thicken hair over time or reduce hair loss. It just seems like a refreshing, lightweight conditioner. Since there are a lot of minty conditioners like this, however, I think it might be worthwhile to try to find a less expensive alternative, particularly if you don't have an issue with thinning hair.