August 21, 2014 | 1882 users online

Conditioner - Nioxin - Scalp Therapy

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2004 4:45:00 PM More reviews by shemonster

I purchaced this product because I am trying to grow out my hair and was told that Nioxin was the only clinically proven line that shows it will grow hair faster. The shampoo and conditioner dries out my highlighted hair something awful. I have been using the 'protectives' line (formally 1c and 2c). I will continue using the product two times a week (when I do not plan on going anywhere) but when the bottles run out I will not purchase again. It is expensive and available at salons.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2004 3:46:00 AM More reviews by jbeans33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well...I actually kinda liked the tingling effect this conditioner had on my scalp. Helped to wake me up before work. Not entirely crazy about the scent, however. Its minty but also kinda weird smelling too. Tough to describe but, the scent lingers. Let me put it this way...not a good scent that you would want your hair to smell like. It left my hair with hardly any body at all. If I did ever consider purchasing this stuff again it would only be for putting it on my scalp b/c it really didn't do anything for the ends of my hair. Doubt I will repurchase b/c its too expesive and I know there are better quality conditioners out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2004 11:40:00 AM More reviews by LDC77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've only been using this for about a week, so will have to update my review in a few months to let you know if it's thickening my hair... but I can tell you, so far I mostly like this product. It smells AWFUL when I pour it into my hand, but once it's on my scalp, it smells/feels minty. Weird. It does give your scalp a very tingly cool sensation while it's on and also after you rinse it. It makes my hair very soft and shiny. I might keep using even if it doesn't produce dramatic thickening results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2004 9:50:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like it! Compliments the shampoo very well. The shampoo if used alone can be abit drying. While this is a conditioner, it is not overly 'oily'. I absolutely love the tingling sensation of the mint. The only complaint I have is of the packaging - sucks. The bottle is somewhat heavy and after pushing the cap downwards, there is still little product left on the top which you will have to use your finger to remove. Silly packaging but great product. Will be repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2004 5:30:00 PM More reviews by peachoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

UGH!!! How can anyone stand to put this reeking stuff on their hair? I've been trying this (along with the shampoo) for three weeks in a bid to curb my hair loss. The smell is like vitamins mixed with cat urine mixed with toxic waste! It actually BURNS my nose (and my scalp) when I apply it! Not to mention that it's left my once-oily hair totally shine-free and strawlike. Having breakouts on my scalp and along my hairline, too. I'm toughing it out for a while longer to see if my hair loss subsides (so far, doesn't seem to be helping in the least), but boy oh boy, I REALLY hate this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2004 1:19:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This made my scalp tingle just like the shampoo did, which is a nice feeling. I used this daily for about 3 months, applying to the scalp only. I didn't feel that it was helping fallout at all, so I stopped using it. Lo and behold, once I stopped using it my scalp stopped breaking out. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2004 2:17:00 AM More reviews by summerl0ng

I love this stuff. I'm only 22 but I began losing hair when I began dieting. I've always had thick hair, and I didn't want to lose that. I've been using this for a few months now and my scalp is healthier (the first time I used it I actually felt it tingling throughout my scalp), and I don't lose as much hair anymore either.

The smell is VERY minty, and it did take some time to get used to.

P.S. I use this with the shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2004 5:41:00 PM More reviews by mirliton

I use Scalp Therapy only on my scalp and roots for the scalp benefits, not conditioning. I didn't find that it really conditioned much when I used it on the length of my hair. I love the refreshed feeling on my scalp after using this, but I don't really care for the minty smell. It's kind of expensive so I don't know that I would continue to purchase this all the time(but I LOVE the Cleanser and M&S), but I do have to say that my scalp does appear to be healthier, itches less and flakes less.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 6:17:00 PM More reviews by hmurphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this product a lot more than I liked the matching Bionutrient Protectives shampoo (which I really didn't like at all). It has a pleasant cooling, minty feel and smell, and it conditions and detangles nicely. I used this right on my scalp, which I don't normally do, and it didn't weigh my fine hair down at all. If you use the matching shampoo, however, you may have to use a ton of this to get out the tangles, which could end up being very expensive. I've only used this twice, so I can't say whether it helps to thicken hair over time or reduce hair loss. It just seems like a refreshing, lightweight conditioner. Since there are a lot of minty conditioners like this, however, I think it might be worthwhile to try to find a less expensive alternative, particularly if you don't have an issue with thinning hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2004 9:21:00 AM More reviews by ashlye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A MUST HAVE PRODUCT!!!

First of all, if you can find the shampoo and conditioner in the BIG bottles, buy them, they are a better value. I buy mine at ULTA in the salon section and then decant them into smaller bottles at home.

The price is a bit high, but for what the product does, however given the small amount used, I think it is worth the extra $$$.

My hair began to thin out in high school and after seeing my doctor, it was determined the causes were anemia, stress and the normal thinning process that can occur at any point in your life. *IMPORTANT: If you suddenly have thinning hair and you've never had a problem before or been diagnosed by a doctor, it is very important to have the issue checked out by a qualified medical professional. It could be a symptom of anemia, a thyroid problem, an eating disorder, or other serious medical conditions.

My hair stylist, not my doctor recommended this product and he should be given an gold medal and a million bucks. I have been using this product for 8 years.

I only use a quarter-size amount for my short, blonde, fine, thin hair. I love the way it makes my scalp tingle and I don't feel it weighs my hair down any more than other products.

Another review mentioned using this product on the face. I tried this and it feels soooo good. Yes, it does tingle like nothing you've ever felt before when you first put it on, but it is so refreshing and feels great. I really like to use the product on my face in the morning when I'm having a hard time waking up. The only downside to this technique is that it causes my skin to produce more oil : (
Now I only use it a few times a week or on the weekends when I'm not wearing makeup all day.

Sometimes when traveling and I don't want to worry about my shaving can exploding in my suitcase, I use this to shave my legs. That's right, I use the SCALP THERAPY to SHAVE my legs and it feels GREAT. Although it is a bit expensive if you use it for shaving.
My opinion is that if you are already bringing it along to use as a conditioner, why not multi-task and save room in your cosmetic bag?
Men might want to try shaving with this, especially if they are going to wash it off immediately. Just don't allow it to soak into your skin as it could cause your skin to produce more oil or cause breakouts.

As far as helping my hair, my stylist assures me it is working. (I don't buy this product from my stylist, so I feel he is giving me his honest opinion, and not just trying to get me to buy a product from him).

I have in the past "cheated" on Nioxin and used other products thinking I wanted a change, but I always go back to this wonderful invention. This is a great formulation, it has excellent qualities and I feel it would be a great shampoo/conditioner combo for just about everyone. I hope people aren't deterred from using this product because it is for thinning hair. If you are embarassed about the bottle, just put it into another (more stylish) bottle and no one will ever know! I can't say enough good things about this product. Try it, I think you'll love it!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No