September 20, 2014 | 1799 users online

Foundations - Revlon - Custom Creations Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by TinasDreamworld

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I went on a coach trip and even though I have combination skin the foundation lasted the 17 hours it took to get to the destionation.
    I can't use it under the eye area, not even a thin layer because it is so drying. After six hours I just blotted some oil on the T-zone with some tissue.
    Some people on MAU mentioned oiliness. I am not sure if it is oiliness or a substance in the foundation, because no amount of powder stops this weird look for long. Guess this foundation does not need any powder but I wanted to be on the safe side and like a rather mat look.

After 4 days of use, I had everywhere little dots all over my face even on my very dry cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was always between shades on my last brand, so I figured I would give this a try. I bought 010 Fair/Light and dial to number three, which is almost the perfect shade. It matches better than my last foundation, so I will keep using it. I really love the coverage, it's just right for me. The product seems a bit thick coming out of the pump, but it thins out well when applied. My only complaint is that it runs a bit on the cool side, so it's hard to get a perfect match if you have a warm complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by sweetheart_xo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I promised to write a review on this, but I've been procrastinating and after several months only decided to get down to it. Well, I like the fact that there's a colour selection to choose from, especially suitable for the transition from summer to winter, etc. It is a creamy foundation, applied best with fingers or a foundation brush. Dries down to a satin, matte finish which I like, and provides medium - full coverage. Would be perfect... except that I'd prefer a foundation which is more lightweight. This would be suited for people who like long wearing makeup, but not for me. Overall rating is great, I like the pump bottle as compared to Revlon's Colorstay bottles, and even though a tad expensive, a fairly decent product!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2008 6:53:00 AM More reviews by jadistarr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

More like a tinted moisturiser,colour looks great in the packaging but are terrible on the skin,no coverage more like a tinted moisturiser but also goes really blotchey almost immediatly.I think Rimmels transfer resistence foundation is much better and is half the price,im sure Jessica Alba would never use this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by citygirl1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so thrilled when I decided to buy this product. When I finally got around to purchasing it, something in my gut told me to try out a tester first, well, I am glad I did. This is one foundation that was not only over-hyped, but FALSELY advertised. First of all, this foundation does not cater to darker skin tones! I tried the MED-DARK bottle and the shades were chalky and bland. I even tried to mix two or three shades together and it was stilll ashy on my skin! even with the darkest shade! I hope they come out with a new formula because this is just horrible, horrible, horrible. Shame on you, Revlon.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by isabellexmc

I can not believe the idle reviews this product has got! These people who have reviewed it and noticed that there is 'no colour change between shade one and five on each bottle' seem incredibly idiotic to me. If you are using shade 2 then suddenly decide to pump out shade number 5 obviously there is still Shade 2 in the tube of the pump so 2 will still be coming out! if you have a pump for ANY foundation and you remove it and pump, the foundation STILL comes out because its still in the tube! If you REALLY want to pump ot number 5, you will have to do several pumps (i mean 5 or 6) to get most of the 2 out.. even then there may be some in the pump..

this is definatly a flaw in the design and i see peoples comcern, but come on, why be so slow about it all!

rant over!

for me this product is very good, if you do not like SFF or revlon color stay i doubt you will like this as i find it very similar but for me the light medium colour in shade 1 is PERFECT! i love the texture, coverage everything!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by lemonfresh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation if only because it doesn't break me out, and believe me, I have a hard time finding one that doesn't these days--I automatically have to rule out anything containing cyclopentasiloxane. I like the medium coverage and the choice of color, although you can't really change it from day to day, because the fluid already in the pipeline will affect the color. My only beef is a minor one: although it applies nice and creamy, it dries down to a somewhat matte finish, which the younger, shinier me would have appreciated, but now that I'm older (though still acne prone), I'd like something a tad dewier. And the bottle isn't really recyclable, either, but all in all, I'm thrilled to have a reliable, go-to foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by claudias

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not that happy with this product. Even with the dial I found it hard to get the correct shade.... The foundation itself is a bit too 'plastic', if thats the word. I also find the whole process a bit messy. Costs 32 dollars in australia which is ridiculous, not much cheaper than a high end foundation here. Luckily had mine sent from America and so paid a lot less, So not worth the full price.
    update. just crap>>>>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 9:09:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

The concept is brilliant! My skin changes color during different times of the year, no tan/a little bit of a tan/very tan/fading tan.. I totally bought the idea of a custom foundation that you can make lighter or darker. I found this on eBay (I don't think this product has been released in Norway yet) and it was quite cheap at $ 5.99 so it was no big investment. I bought the light/medium color and I definitely see a difference between color 1 and color 5.
    The packaging is plastic with a huge pump - I wasted a lot of foundation trying to create my first shade. I never found the perfect shade (I should buy a darker shade for my tan skin) - it might be better in the winter when my skin is more pale. The foundation itself is very greasy and oily - I tried some on my hand and could barely wash off the greasy layer! Also it's quite a strong plastic/cheap make-up smell. Most foundations smell - but they smell good .. this one just stinks. The foundation also clumps and is hard to blend. So even though the concept is great - the foundation itself is so bad I'd not repurchase.

EDIT:
    I'm actually starting to like the foundation.. It is a bit thick and greasy, but not as bad as in the beginning. The colors also seem to be okay after all, because my tan is fading.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by klynnxx

I bought this foundation a while ago, but didn't really use it- it was kind of expensive for a drugstore foundation. $13.99, I think. Anywayy, recently I've been using L'Oreal True Match... I'm at school for 7 hours a day, and I don't have much time to touch up/fix my makeup. I always needed to with the True Match, my skin was so shiny and blotchy. So I gave this stuff a try, and I like it soo much better. I love the consistency- it goes on really creamy, without being oily.. but it dries very matte. And the coverage is really good, too.