August 1, 2014 | 1887 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm a fan of the original No. 5 parfum and do not like Nicole Kidman in the least (especially when she started being used in the No. 5 advertisments). However, I wanted to judge this scent in isolation of those biases, taking into account that this "incarnation" of No. 5 might have no olfactory relation to the original. I took a carded sample vial of No. 5 Eau Premiere on vacation with me to a tropical country. I used it every morning for a week and each time I only got a vague scent of lemon flavoured hard candy -- it reminded me of a less fruity, less potent Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue -- that was gone by the time I had finished breakfast. So I guess my biases win: I won't be buying a bottle of this perfume, but I'm sure the masses will flock to it's sweet inoffensiveness. I prefer the boozy strength of the aldehydic No. 5 original in the EDT, parfum, or colonge (but not the EDP because that, being an "incarnation" of No. 5 created in the 80s, seems to have less note progression as it wears and it reminds me of an inferior Chanel Allure EDT).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by chelsia

smells nice but wayyy to strong for my taste. would wear this once in a blue moon/special event.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. I could never pull off the original No.5. It was just way too heavy for me. This is a much nicer version. Younger? It is still as sophisticated as the original. It makes me feel Womanly. Like I want to dress up in a gown and paint the town red. If that makes sense. It's a serious scent. But I would also wear it with jeans and a t-shirt.

I've been gravitating towards classic scents lately and this one is on my list of full sizes. There is just something about scents that ladies have worn generations before me. I feel like I'm carrying on tradition.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have never cared for the original Chanel No 5 as I find it cloyingly floral - but when I read the first reviews on P'ville that this newer interpretation is different I was intrigued and tried it. And I have to agree, this is beautiful! Soft, well-blended with noticeable jasmine but the rest of the floral notes stay in the background so it never becomes overwhelming. I like it from first spray all the way to the drydown which is quite long lasting but the scent stays close. This makes Eau Premiere versatile and even office appropriate. I always liked Chanel's bottle design, classy and elegant. I got a 3.4 oz spray bottle, and will repurchase when I finish it. I will wear this in all seasons but I especially like it right now in late spring.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by indiaza

Yup, this is gorgeous. I found a sample in Sephora's in NYC when I was looking for Chance. Didn't try it for over a year. When I did, I found it to be lovely, sophisticated. I have always run away from the original No. 5, and still do.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by RoseannaDanna

My DH got this as a gift for me knowing that I've admired it for a while. It's not cheap. Yet, I wear it often because it's light, elegant and very classy. I may not be European but it makes me feel like I am. I've "liked" Chanel No. 5 except that it's very strong, I guess I'm not alone in this opinion. The lasting power on me is on a scale of medium. It's described as "A decidedly lighter, fresher, softer interpretation of N5. . . a silky-smooth harmony of notes that reveals the delicate facet of the now and forever fragrance."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by cabogrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the original No. 5, I love it but it's a bit heavy, and seemingly more dramatic to me. So I've gotten the eau premiere and am totally in heaven. I do believe this will be my signature summer scent. I will continue to wear the orginal No. 5, but keep it for winter and a blacktie affair or a dressy society function. I love Chanel, now I need a purse :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

I sampled this at a department store. I really do not care for this on me (I don't feel mature enough, somehow!) but it would be lovely on the right person. I like the drydown much, much better than the initial blast, though. After about 30 min, it had settled on my skin beautifully, to a very comforting kind of scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Makeupjunkie456

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume, a bit pricey but well worth it. I also have the body lotion which helps in layering the scent. I loved no.5 but found it to heavy and overpowering. this is the modern take on the classic. you get the lovely sense of no.5 but without the headache. as with all chanel perfumes the lasting power is amazing, i wore it on my wedding day and it lasted all day and night. a modern classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by sephoraqueen

This is a beautiful variation of the original. Some have called it a "lighter" version. I would say that this parfum is a "younger" version of the original - or that the original is the "night" and this newer one is "morning". Both the same concept, just different times of the day.

A beautiful scent, and I would highly recommend it to any one who loves the original, and those who love Dior Cherie.