October 25, 2014 | 1558 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by kelly1600

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this to be much more wearable than the original Chanel No. 5, especially for us younger ladies. I've learned to appreciate the original, but I don't feel mature enough somehow to wear it, and it makes me slightly melancholy. I know Eau Premiere is made for daytime wear, but I find myself saving it for special occasions also, weddings, graduation parties, etc. Actually a great price for the huge bottle you get (is it a 2.5 oz. bottle for around $110?) but I've only bought a decant so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by wristsniffer

I was a little wary of trying Eau Premiere, as I love the original No 5 and firmly believe in the adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it". In this case though, I admit Chanel have created an absolute delight. Eau Premiere is softer, warmer and kinder than the original and I am falling more in love with this every time I wear it. It also lingers on my skin all day. The feel of No 5 is still there, but with Eau Premiere her smile finally reaches her eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by maripoezia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a fan of the original No. 5. It reminds me of something my grandmother would wear (actually my grandmother does wear it). The Eau Premiere is a much lighter version of it, and it smells so lovely, sweet and classic! I wear it everyday as my signature fragrance and highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm a fan of the original No. 5 parfum and do not like Nicole Kidman in the least (especially when she started being used in the No. 5 advertisments). However, I wanted to judge this scent in isolation of those biases, taking into account that this "incarnation" of No. 5 might have no olfactory relation to the original. I took a carded sample vial of No. 5 Eau Premiere on vacation with me to a tropical country. I used it every morning for a week and each time I only got a vague scent of lemon flavoured hard candy -- it reminded me of a less fruity, less potent Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue -- that was gone by the time I had finished breakfast. So I guess my biases win: I won't be buying a bottle of this perfume, but I'm sure the masses will flock to it's sweet inoffensiveness. I prefer the boozy strength of the aldehydic No. 5 original in the EDT, parfum, or colonge (but not the EDP because that, being an "incarnation" of No. 5 created in the 80s, seems to have less note progression as it wears and it reminds me of an inferior Chanel Allure EDT).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by chelsia

smells nice but wayyy to strong for my taste. would wear this once in a blue moon/special event.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this. I could never pull off the original No.5. It was just way too heavy for me. This is a much nicer version. Younger? It is still as sophisticated as the original. It makes me feel Womanly. Like I want to dress up in a gown and paint the town red. If that makes sense. It's a serious scent. But I would also wear it with jeans and a t-shirt.

I've been gravitating towards classic scents lately and this one is on my list of full sizes. There is just something about scents that ladies have worn generations before me. I feel like I'm carrying on tradition.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have never cared for the original Chanel No 5 as I find it cloyingly floral - but when I read the first reviews on P'ville that this newer interpretation is different I was intrigued and tried it. And I have to agree, this is beautiful! Soft, well-blended with noticeable jasmine but the rest of the floral notes stay in the background so it never becomes overwhelming. I like it from first spray all the way to the drydown which is quite long lasting but the scent stays close. This makes Eau Premiere versatile and even office appropriate. I always liked Chanel's bottle design, classy and elegant. I got a 3.4 oz spray bottle, and will repurchase when I finish it. I will wear this in all seasons but I especially like it right now in late spring.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by indiaza

Yup, this is gorgeous. I found a sample in Sephora's in NYC when I was looking for Chance. Didn't try it for over a year. When I did, I found it to be lovely, sophisticated. I have always run away from the original No. 5, and still do.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by RoseannaDanna

My DH got this as a gift for me knowing that I've admired it for a while. It's not cheap. Yet, I wear it often because it's light, elegant and very classy. I may not be European but it makes me feel like I am. I've "liked" Chanel No. 5 except that it's very strong, I guess I'm not alone in this opinion. The lasting power on me is on a scale of medium. It's described as "A decidedly lighter, fresher, softer interpretation of N5. . . a silky-smooth harmony of notes that reveals the delicate facet of the now and forever fragrance."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by cabogrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the original No. 5, I love it but it's a bit heavy, and seemingly more dramatic to me. So I've gotten the eau premiere and am totally in heaven. I do believe this will be my signature summer scent. I will continue to wear the orginal No. 5, but keep it for winter and a blacktie affair or a dressy society function. I love Chanel, now I need a purse :)