Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere

4.3

I was a little wary of trying Eau Premiere, as I love the original No 5 and firmly believe in the adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it". In this case though, I admit Chanel have created an absolute delight. Eau Premiere is softer, warmer and kinder than the original and I am falling more in love with this every time I wear it. It also lingers on my skin all day. The feel of No 5 is still there, but with Eau Premiere her smile finally reaches her eyes.

on 5/19/2010 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm not a fan of the original No. 5. It reminds me of something my grandmother would wear (actually my grandmother does wear it). The Eau Premiere is a much lighter version of it, and it smells so lovely, sweet and classic! I wear it everyday as my signature fragrance and highly recommend!

on 5/16/2010 11:33:00 AM

I'm a fan of the original No. 5 parfum and do not like Nicole Kidman in the least (especially when she started being used in the No. 5 advertisments). However, I wanted to judge this scent in isolation of those biases, taking into account that this "incarnation" of No. 5 might have no olfactory relation to the original. I took a carded sample vial of No. 5 Eau Premiere on vacation with me to a tropical country. I used it every morning for a week and each time I only got a vague scent of lemon flavoured hard candy -- it reminded me of a less fruity, less potent Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue -- that was gone by the time I had finished breakfast. So I guess my biases win: I won't be buying a bottle of this perfume, but I'm sure the masses will flock to it's sweet inoffensiveness. I prefer the boozy strength of the aldehydic No. 5 original in the EDT, parfum, or colonge (but not the EDP because that, being an "incarnation" of No. 5 created in the 80s, seems to have less note progression as it wears and it reminds me of an inferior Chanel Allure EDT).

on 4/30/2010 7:37:00 PM

smells nice but wayyy to strong for my taste. would wear this once in a blue moon/special event.

I really like this. I could never pull off the original No.5. It was just way too heavy for me. This is a much nicer version. Younger? It is still as sophisticated as the original. It makes me feel Womanly. Like I want to dress up in a gown and paint the town red. If that makes sense. It's a serious scent. But I would also wear it with jeans and a t-shirt.

I've been gravitating towards classic scents lately and this one is on my list of full sizes. There is just something about scents that ladies have worn generations before me. I feel like I'm carrying on tradition.

on 4/25/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have never cared for the original Chanel No 5 as I find it cloyingly floral - but when I read the first reviews on P'ville that this newer interpretation is different I was intrigued and tried it. And I have to agree, this is beautiful! Soft, well-blended with noticeable jasmine but the rest of the floral notes stay in the background so it never becomes overwhelming. I like it from first spray all the way to the drydown which is quite long lasting but the scent stays close. This makes Eau Premiere versatile and even office appropriate. I always liked Chanel's bottle design, classy and elegant. I got a 3.4 oz spray bottle, and will repurchase when I finish it. I will wear this in all seasons but I especially like it right now in late spring.

on 4/18/2010 12:59:00 PM

Yup, this is gorgeous. I found a sample in Sephora's in NYC when I was looking for Chance. Didn't try it for over a year. When I did, I found it to be lovely, sophisticated. I have always run away from the original No. 5, and still do.

on 4/18/2010 12:14:00 PM

My DH got this as a gift for me knowing that I've admired it for a while. It's not cheap. Yet, I wear it often because it's light, elegant and very classy. I may not be European but it makes me feel like I am. I've "liked" Chanel No. 5 except that it's very strong, I guess I'm not alone in this opinion. The lasting power on me is on a scale of medium. It's described as "A decidedly lighter, fresher, softer interpretation of N5. . . a silky-smooth harmony of notes that reveals the delicate facet of the now and forever fragrance."

on 4/7/2010 9:59:00 PM

I have the original No. 5, I love it but it's a bit heavy, and seemingly more dramatic to me. So I've gotten the eau premiere and am totally in heaven. I do believe this will be my signature summer scent. I will continue to wear the orginal No. 5, but keep it for winter and a blacktie affair or a dressy society function. I love Chanel, now I need a purse :)

on 3/25/2010 3:20:00 AM

I sampled this at a department store. I really do not care for this on me (I don't feel mature enough, somehow!) but it would be lovely on the right person. I like the drydown much, much better than the initial blast, though. After about 30 min, it had settled on my skin beautifully, to a very comforting kind of scent.

Popular Fragrances