DuWop Lip Venom

2.9

Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Flavors/Aroma, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf) Extract, D&C Red #7 Lake (CI 15850).

on 3/3/2011 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Eighteen BUCKS?!?! For what???
Okay, yes, it does plump my lips, is it so great that I'd buy it again? At that price? no freakin way. The plumping aspect is good enough, but it's a horrible lip gloss. It dries my lips out, tastes and smells gross and needs re-application too often... not at eighteen bucks a tube.
And speaking of tube, what the heck is up with the packaging. First there's this ridiculously HUGE cardboard tube that leads you to think "oh, ok. At least I'm getting alot of product" Once you fight your way thru the impossible cellophane covering the tube so you can get it open (you will hurt yourself at this point) be prepared for a serious disappointment. The gloss is in a vial type thing, which is minuscule, and you apply it with a little brush applicator. I feel like a vain idiot for buying it and even worse when I am seen in public painting my lips with this prissy little brush. Yeah, Caramex does as just a good a job at burning my lips and making them look "stung"
I think I will take it back.

on 2/18/2011 2:12:00 PM

I LOVE this, but if you can't handle the tingle of Burt's Bees, DO NOT try this. It does almost burn a little bit sometimes, but I think it is really fun to use and I do notice a considerable amount of plumping. Be prepared to reapply though, I find myself constantly reapplying when I use it.

on 1/22/2011 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I can't believe all the positive reviews on this product. I'm giving this 1 lippie simply because it does absolutely nothing aside from just being a clear gloss. My lips tingled for a whopping 15 seconds and I had absolutely no visible change in color, size or fullness of my lips. I may as well just buy a $0.99 clear gloss for that.

There are much better (and better priced) lip-plumping products out there ::cough:: Too Faced's Lip Injection!!! ::cough::. This one was useless and overpriced, unfortunately.

on 1/21/2011 7:47:00 PM

I really like the lip venom. And let me start off by saying that someone actually asked me if i got lip injections while I wearing this, and they didn't know I was wearing it. No joke. Let me also say, though, that I already have pretty big lips. I think if you have thin, quaint little lips it won't do much for you, but if your lips already have fullness to them it will definitely enhance them. I want to try the moon venom and venom flash but many people say they're very similar and the difference isn't noticeable. Personally I LOVE the sting. I really do. I like that I can feel it working. I don't mind the smell or the taste. This product's only downfall is its size for it's price. I love the metal/paper tube it comes in but the actually gloss tube is tiny!!

on 1/16/2011 11:56:00 AM

I love this plumper! It tastes wonderful, I love the packaging, and I feel like a femme fatale applying this. It downright burns, which I love. As far as actual plumping goes, this is as good as it gets without plastic surgery. There is only so much any topical product can do, and this one does a damn good job in my opinion! It tingles, and makes my lips redder and slightly plumped. My fav way to wear this is to first line my lips with a nude/natural liner and fill them in, and then apply this, so they look pink and pouty. Lovely stuff. Will repurchase forever.

on 1/12/2011 10:35:00 PM

Meh. I have been on a life-long quest to get fuller lips.I have come to realize that nothing, short of something a plastic surgeon could do, will really change the fullness of my lips. Du Wop capitalizes on your desperation. All this stuff does is cause a localized reaction which causes some increased blood flow to the lips. It does not alter the shape or fullness of lips. Plus it burns. Save yourself some money and apply some hot sauce instead. Lol!

on 1/5/2011 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I admittedly only bought this because I really liked the packaging, mostly the font used, and saw it continuously throughout my childhood. The first time I used it, it was pretty tingly and slightly numbing, but there wasn't any pain. I do like the way it makes my lips look, but it doesn't last very long. It only lasts as long as you have it on your lips and it wears very quickly. I'm not really a fan of the taste either, but it's easy to ignore. It should be noted that your lips should be completely bare and even freshly washed to get the best affect. It give my lips the most glossiest finish and looks very nice, but know that after this product rubs off and the lip swelling goes away this totally dries out your lips. Also, be aware this product works by causing an allergic reaction on your lips, so the first time you use it try a very small amount.

on 12/30/2010 2:08:00 PM

Ow!!! Maybe I'm a baby, but this one really hurts my poor lips (which are basically in a perpetual state of chapped dryness). Plus it makes my lips so pigmented (due to the stinging and burning), which I do not like. Its plumping powers are not much IMO. I really haven't found a plumper I've liked, except for MAC plushglasses, which really don't do much for plumping.. They're just nice colors and textures. If you don't mind the lip irritation and you're okay with only a subtle increase of plumpness, this could definitely work.

on 12/22/2010 2:33:00 PM

Best for: Vamping up bare lips (esp. for a sexy lingerie session in the bedroom).

Not for: Sensitive or allergy-prone skin; Layering over lipstick or other lip products.

on 12/19/2010 12:04:00 AM