October 24, 2014 | 1860 users online

Lip Gloss - DuWop - Lip Venom

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this plumper! It tastes wonderful, I love the packaging, and I feel like a femme fatale applying this. It downright burns, which I love. As far as actual plumping goes, this is as good as it gets without plastic surgery. There is only so much any topical product can do, and this one does a damn good job in my opinion! It tingles, and makes my lips redder and slightly plumped. My fav way to wear this is to first line my lips with a nude/natural liner and fill them in, and then apply this, so they look pink and pouty. Lovely stuff. Will repurchase forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Ellenmarieb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh. I have been on a life-long quest to get fuller lips.I have come to realize that nothing, short of something a plastic surgeon could do, will really change the fullness of my lips. Du Wop capitalizes on your desperation. All this stuff does is cause a localized reaction which causes some increased blood flow to the lips. It does not alter the shape or fullness of lips. Plus it burns. Save yourself some money and apply some hot sauce instead. Lol!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by StellaFl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I admittedly only bought this because I really liked the packaging, mostly the font used, and saw it continuously throughout my childhood. The first time I used it, it was pretty tingly and slightly numbing, but there wasn't any pain. I do like the way it makes my lips look, but it doesn't last very long. It only lasts as long as you have it on your lips and it wears very quickly. I'm not really a fan of the taste either, but it's easy to ignore. It should be noted that your lips should be completely bare and even freshly washed to get the best affect. It give my lips the most glossiest finish and looks very nice, but know that after this product rubs off and the lip swelling goes away this totally dries out your lips. Also, be aware this product works by causing an allergic reaction on your lips, so the first time you use it try a very small amount.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by alt629

Ow!!! Maybe I'm a baby, but this one really hurts my poor lips (which are basically in a perpetual state of chapped dryness). Plus it makes my lips so pigmented (due to the stinging and burning), which I do not like. Its plumping powers are not much IMO. I really haven't found a plumper I've liked, except for MAC plushglasses, which really don't do much for plumping.. They're just nice colors and textures. If you don't mind the lip irritation and you're okay with only a subtle increase of plumpness, this could definitely work.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by juturna7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best for: Vamping up bare lips (esp. for a sexy lingerie session in the bedroom).

Not for: Sensitive or allergy-prone skin; Layering over lipstick or other lip products.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by mongolhoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

plumps nicely.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2010 3:21:00 AM More reviews by dezzilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

you can get the same effect by rubbing your lips with hot peppers or tiger balm! immediate burn caused me to start rubbing it off like crazy. the burn didn't go away easily so i panicky rubbed balm onto my lips and wiped it off. try tiger balm! it is cheaper but will do the same or better. hey, it has menthol to cool down the lips!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by okhan1212

I tried this product at Sephora and I remember as soon as I put this on, I felt a little tingle which turned into monstrous burn and tingle in a few seconds.

It was to the point where I started rubbing it off frantically cuz of the pain.

The end result was it plumped up my lips unevenly which was hillarious and my lips turned bright pink due to the irritation it caused. So it did make my lips look like I had some weird allergy or was bitten by a bee. dont know if thats good or bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by kerry315

Burns......that's it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by slvrprincess1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, if you are looking to get Angelina Jolie lips, then this is not for you. In fact, I cannot think of a lip plumper I've tried (I own/have owned nearly 30) that will do that. So please don't think this will magically dramatize the size of your lips. Now that I am done being blunt, this product does enhance your lips. It has a tingly stinging feeling when applied, however when you apply to dry lips it burns slightly, but it's not painful. I love how flushed my lips look and yes they do appear a little fuller, especially in the center. The only downside to this gloss is that it is drying because of the cinnamon, so you have to reapply often or at least put some kind of moisturizing balm on in between applications. I've used a couple tubes already and I really like it for going out because it gives me a really natural color and a swell to my lips; it looks sexy!