July 28, 2014 | 1175 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Wave™ (Power-Cleanser And Deep Clean Foaming Pads)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Steffachino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When this first came out I really wanted it but I didn't want to spend the money on it, so my mom ended up getting it a while after it became popular as the price dropped or there was a sale (as she claims.)
At first this was really nice, I would use it in the shower because i regularly wash my face in the shower, and this said that it was waterproof, but eventually (after maybe a month) it stopped working, and as a reviewer said below, I would have to smack it to make it work, and I agree that the pads with the actual cleanser do wash your face, but the whole 'wave' thing is a big gimmick. Since we had to throw out the vibrating part because of malfunction, I use the refill pads to quickly wash my face if needed.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by simei89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Seriously, I don't know why i bought this product. Must have been curiousity. It was definitely not worth what it cost me. The vibrating motion did not seem to cleanse my skin any better - a toothbrush might have done a better job. The cleansing pads did not produce as much cleansing foam as I would have liked. On top of that, the packaging for the pads was awful! Having remaining pads in the package after taking out, let's say one, meant that the rest of the pack would dry out - and yes, they did. Tying the package up with elastic band did not help.

To be honest, I don't even know where this product is anymore. I lost the applicator for the pad after my first time of using it and i am not going to replace it (not sure if they even sell replacements).

Overall, it's a disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like many, I bought this on sale out of curiosity. Save yourself the money even if it's on sale - this is no good. No better than anything else. The "vibrations" are a total gimmick (and I, for one, am getting sick of all these thinly veiled sex toys for bashful teens - vibrating razors and facial cleansers? They don't do anything! Shaving exfoliates on its own!) They claim this is waterproof but it stopped working after a few uses. Sometimes if I smacked it hard enough in my hand, it would work, but not always. I left a couple lipsticks because the cleanser pads themselves were fine - they cleaned my face well enough - but overall as a product, I do NOT recommend it nor would I ever purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by beth3118

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

i bought this product when it was on sale for $7 ...its not worrth the retail price of $15

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by bangton

I would never have bought this product if I hadn't managed to pick it up for a quid in poundland. However, I'm glad Imanaged to pick up this bargain because it has left my skin feeling soft, completely cleansed and brighter. Makes taking make up off quicker and easier. Only thing that lets it down is the 'normal' cost of the refills

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by katiekayy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually liked this product, at first i thought it made me break out (which it did) but only the first day after using it. I've had that problem before so i decided to keep trying. After a few days my skin was clear and staying that way. I use the exfoliating pads, love them. My skin is really soft. The thing that almost makes me want to shy away is the price of refill.. i mean come on, like 8 bucks for some fabric with cleanser on it. As of yet though, i've only bought 2.. maybe i'll decide the 8 dollars a month is more important than the way my skin feels, but for now i'm into it. I'm not sure the vibrations do a damn thing, but i think the pads are pretty good, at least for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by eec129

I bought this as a cheap imitation to the Clarisonic Mia I really wanted. I figured that for about $15, it couldn't hurt to try. Boy, was I dissappointed! First, the "vibrations" do absolutely nothing at all. I guess I didn't read the packaging because I thought it was at least supposed to spin or something. Anyway, after one use I was sure I was taking it back and I ordered the Mia the very next day. This really wasn't even worth $5 and I wasn't that crazy about the cleansing pads, either. I usually like Neutrogena products, but not this one. Luckily Target took it back.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by missmanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've got the Wave Duo, and even at the higher speed, this thing does essentially NOTHING >:( firstly, i have to give the cleansing pad a head start by rubbing it with my finger, then i have to try to keep it going with fairly vigorous circular motions. i mean, i bought this cuz it's supposed to be more effective than just using my hands, but it's total crap! (i tried my friend's Healthy Skin Rejuvenator, and it was more effective but crazily overpriced) and more annoyingly, its really hard to maneuver around my nose where i have most of my blackheads. i use the pads with the exfoliating beads and my skin feels filmy and unclean afterward, yuck. from now on, i'm just going to use my hands and spend my money on a better quality cleanser and exfoliant!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Ndog88

The first time I used this, my skin was so tight. Then the next morning, my WHOLE face was flaky! It was horid. So I stopped using it for a few months. Then I used it one morning and it helped my breakout. I used the pads that have little balls on them. I ran out of them and used the pads that come with the wave, the next morning I broke out!! So I just stopped using it completly :P

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

Biggest gimmick ever! This does nothing but vibrate on your skin, doesn't remove dead skin cells unless you manually use it to scrub. The cleanser pads weren't any good either, harsh, didn't clean very well and didn't make my skin feel any better. If you have active acne, this would be the last thing you'd want on your skin as it's not gentle at all and would most likely spread the bacteria and further irritate you acne/skin. Biggest waste of money, a bad face moisturiser can be used on your legs/arms, this you can't, it just goes straight into the bin creating more waste.