October 26, 2014 | 1408 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by willow1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so glad that I tried this gel. My makeup lasts all day and my nose and forehead are oil free. I was worried about having a reaction since my skin is extremely sensitive, but after using it three times a week for two months I haven't had even the slightest burn or blemish.
I'll definitely be going back to Wal-Mart for another tube (or two).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by kookymeow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

An affordable alternative for daily use. BUT this is only effective if I use powder foundation - I use Clinique's Superbalanced Powder Makeup. I just have to make sure that my skin is properly moisturized, as this combo is so unforgiving to dry patches on the skin.

I tried this with my Diorskin Forever and Nude foundations applied using a Beauty Blender, and the results were horrible. It formed weird clumps in the smoother parts of my skin, something that I've never seen when I use Guerlain's Meteorites Pearles primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Karencitaaa

I had such high hopes for this product but after a couple days of testing it, I kept on getting the same result: OIL SLICKED CHEEKS. I already had oily skin, so this just made it worse.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this primer so much, I don't feel the need to try any others. I tried Neutrogena Shine-Free Primer ($10) and L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Dull Primer ($13) and hated them both for different reasons. I tried this Monistat primer-but not really a primer and I loved it! Only about $7 at CVS. It only makes my makeup last a few hours longer but my favorite benefit from this is how smooth is makes my face before applying my make-up! When I apply it, it feels velvety soft and make-up "ready. It really does make my foundation go on smooth and clean! It never makes my skin feel oily, it makes my skin feel great. It did not cause any irritation or breakouts whatsoever...my skin loves it! I bought this at least 6 months ago and I'm about half way through the tube. I definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Margie23a

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the rave reviews and, I must say, it's pretty good stuff. I had only used three other primers before: Rimmel (yuck), L'Oreal Studio Secrets (pasty, hard to blend, heavy), and one that was a free sample which I can't even recall since it apparently did not impress me. The Monistat goes on smoothly and dries to a nice matte finish. I have dry skin which will occasionally break out if I switch around with a lot of products. It does not take much at all to cover your whole face, comes in a nice size tube, and I think it was about $6 or so at CVS. Will probably last me for a year or two. I have had it for a month or so and have hardly made a dent in it. I don't know if it makes my makeup last longer, but it sure does make it easier to apply. Looks much smoother and less drying. It's a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after buying Benifit's Porefessional, and this preforms better in my opinion! It acts the same way to hide my pores, makes a great all-over primer (I don't use it on my eyelids, though), it doesn't cause me breakouts, does not feel heavy, has no scent. I definitely recommend this $6 item over more expensive face primers. Give it a try. I will buy again and again!

Also, it does work good as a chafing gel, which was it's intended purpose!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I use it as a primer before my makeup. It glides so smoothly on my skin. I see a huge difference on my t-zone when I wear it. My t-zone doesn't get as oily through out the day. Give it a try, it's an affordable primer.Update-i stopped using it it started o break me out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I just got so tired of my face looking a bit greasy after sunblock application... and my makeup fading off too quickly that I decided to give this a try. I picked it up at CVS because I had a 20% off coupon (and their return policy it great- I figured if I hated this, I could always return it). The morning after I bought it, I felt quite skeptical about it. I squirted out some clear thick goo and thought to myself- oh, this is definitely being returned. But then I smoothed it over my face and it immediately turned into liquid power and literally instantaneously all shine and greasiness disappeared. I have never been so impressed by a product. My face looked smooth and matte (but not dry). I was thrilled. I can now pile on the greasiest sunblocks and if I just smooth this on afterwards, any shine disappears. And this glides on like liquid silk. My makeup holds up better and applies more evenly when I use this too. It provides a dry, smooth foundation for application. Wonderful stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by MutedDragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This didn't stop my eyeshadows from creasing terribly. But when I apply it after my lotion and sunscreen, it's great in keeping my face from being sticky and greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Taravolo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read about using this awhile ago as a makeup primer and I thought wow that is weird. Let me just say it works. I have used many primers from cheap $3 ones to $40 dollar ones. I love the Monistat Gel. It goes on really smooth, almost velvety. Not greasy and I have really oily skin so this was a concern for me. It does not clog pores. I have sensitive skin and this does not make me break out or get a rash. My $40 primer just sits in the drawer now. I love it!