September 2, 2014 | 1877 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash Volume Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was an okay mascara
Not amazing enough to re-purchase but not bad
It really darkened and defined my short thin lashes
It made them look more noticable but the formula is a little too thick
It can clump if you apply too much...as with any mascara
It volumized alright and provided some length
But then again, the formula was really thick and made my lashes droop downward
This would be good if you have naturally nice lashes and if you were loking to darken them up and make them look more noticeable
It had a nice wand, it isn't gigantic or too small
It is a medium-sized with a wider tip and base and slender body
It had nice bristles that was easy to comb the product onto my lashes
Overall, not terrible, not amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by chloebaby

I really like this product. It lengthens and holds curl like crazy on me. My lashes are pretty straight, but look curled all day after using this along with Shiseido primer. I have bought it twice already and will probably buy it again, because nothing else I try seems to lengthen/hold curl as well. The amount of volume was okay, but I mostly noticed the incredible length and curl....weird, since it's called a volume mascara. I like big, dramatic lashes and am surprised how well this works for me. I like it a lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by anavera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very short and fine lashes, I've been using the lash blast and it worked fine but I just wanted to try another one.

This mascara is great for it's price, it gives my lashes length and volume.

The only con would be if you apply too much it'll get clumpy but that happens with almost all mascaras

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by ghdaddict

Great if you're looking for clean-definition, and slight volume/thickening. I have tiny fine blonde (as in...see through!) lower lashes that are prone to clumping and it makes them look thick and long and most importantly seperated. I wouldn't say it is the most volumnous mascara on the market, but ideal for those wanting a more dramatic mascara that is still natural enough for day wear. By the way if you hate clumping: no more than two coats and dont let dry between coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by heathersmakeupaddiction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is the best drugstore mascara I have ever tryed. The formula is wonderful and it never flakes or clumps. The brush is wonderful too, especially for getting all of my shorter inner lashes towards the tear duct. the brush is bendable, and one time when I was closing it, I accidentally bend it a bit so the brush is curved. But, to be honest when I buy it again, (I will be repurchasing this!) I will bend it again anyway- it has just made the brush even better.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by jaymemarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have long, full lashes already. So, I really only wanted definition and volume. I bought this with high hopes, since Maybelline makes great mascara.

This did nothing for me. The black formula was really grey and ashy... it left flakes on my undereye, didn't last all day... icky.

I feel like this is probably the most dissapointing product ever.
Wait, the other define a lash mascara was awful too.
So together, they're the most dissapointing mascaras ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by misskho

i like this mascara, i have thin, medium length lashes and this brush grabbed all my lashes and costed them perfectly. i put my makeup on on the train, it's buildable and dries quickly. ive given it an overall rating of 4 because it would like it to be blacker (not black enough compared to diorshow blackout). would i buy this product again? No, im a mascara junkie and will try something else, but so far this is high on my list of DS mascaras

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

This is a very average mascara. I tried regular define-a-lash (in the green tube) and think that it is actually better for both volume and length. This mascara does OK at length, but does nothing for volume. As other reviewers have noted, this is one that has a bendable applicator, which I don't mind. However, I personally dislike the shape of the bristles, which curves inward. Well, if you eye shape doesn't match the curve of the applicator, it renders that feature not just useless, but inconvenient as well. I would like it better if the applicator was straight. I work-around this problem by simply using the tip of the brush. This creates another problem for me, though, because the tip invariably catches a bunch of excess product, which needs to be wiped off before applying, or it will clump. This is OK as an everyday mascara, and may be good for some people, but I need more help with length and volume. That and the annoying applicator lead me to confidently say I won't be repurchasing this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by lizziek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this product. I actually have started to dread the part in my morning routine where I put my Mascara on, and have even gone without for a fews days because I truly can't face the trauma.
But first... the pros. The pink tube is kind of nice.
That's it.
The cons? Well...
1) The formula does not add volume. If anything, it makes my lashes appear sparser.
2) The brush is very difficult to use. It is very bendy on the wand, and tends to ping backwards if you apply any pressure, such as when trying to get a decent coating or reach little lashes.
3) Being so bendy, when you try and get the wand back in the tube it bends EVEN MORE and if you're not careful you end up flicking mascara everywhere.

All in all, I'm seriously disappointed with this, and very surprised as usually not even a drug store mascara would be this poorly made and designed. Will definitely NEVER repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by jaybe

This mascara went on beautifully - glossy, no clumps, no flakes. It looked really good for about the first hour then started to smudge. This mascara smudges like crazy on me. I tried it on three separate occasions. Each time I was so embarrassed when I checked my make-up - smudges above and below my eyes. This is going to have to go in the bin. That makes me sad because the pink tube and brush are so pretty.

Update - Since I first reviewed this, I found that if I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion on my upper lids then the mascara did not smudge. After a couple of weeks the tube seems to be dry out though and it wasn't as glossy. It also takes a few coats to get a decent amount of product onto my lashes. I am adding one lippy to my original review. I would say it is an ok mascara but I wouldn't purchase again.