Biotin (All brands)

3.5

Breakout alert: I've been taking 10mg a day with loads of water for ten days and my skin has just started to rebel massively. I woke up this morning with cystic acne in places I never normally break out - under my eyes??! I've come to the conclusion that it's probably Biotin as it's the only major change I've made to my skincare/diet recently. I'm reducing the dose to half this amount taken every two days and I'll report back in a few weeks. Watch out MUA'ers!

on 12/20/2013 2:48:00 AM

Since I damaged my hair, back in Feb 2013 and was a short pixie hair cut, my hair is finally 11 inches long (covers my ears) I took biotin at least 5 times a week.

Didn't break out into cyst acne or had any problems.

on 12/19/2013 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Here's my quick recommendation ladies & gents: If you plan on taking Biotin, please be prepared to drink water by the second!!! Biotin is very potent and can cause terrible cystic acne if you don't take them properly. If you want luscious hair, glowing skin and healthy nails, just take multi-vitamins.

on 12/9/2013 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I started using biotin after getting sick of my shoulder length haircut. I have seen growth in my hair but it has been falling out like crazy, but this could be because of stress. I have also gained 7 pounds, I haven't changed my diet or how much/how often I workout, so it could be do to biotin. I've decided to just let nature take its course and let my hair grow that way.

on 12/9/2013 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Gave me wicked cystic break outs. After a few months I didn't notice any difference in my hair or nails

on 11/17/2013 8:05:00 PM

I don't take this junk! It did nothing for me. A friend of mine told me to go to GNC and buy plain old MSM supplements and I've been taking them for months. My hair is growing at an alarming rate and feels like spun silk. My nails are long and strong and my skin has never looked better. MSM is truly my miracle! Plus it's healthy for other things as well. Love it!

EDIT: I only get the MSM...Not the stuff with glucosamine in it. Just plain MSM.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

it helps my nails and hair grow like crazy and super healthy.

The downside is that it also make me break out like crazy. UGH I wanna have good hair but then I don't want to be pimple face either:(

on 11/12/2013 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used this daily for about a month and realized it was the reason why my face was BREAKING OUT like crazy. I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal. I didn't see an improvement in my skin or hair. I will not be using biotin again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I started using Biotin just about a few months ago. I have noticed a difference in my hair length. After getting my hair clipped, I took biotin everyday, and it's almost back to it's original length since before I cut it!

on 11/1/2013 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It is hard to gauge if a supplement makes a big difference but there are so many things that biotin supposively does and it is cheap enough that you should stick to it to see how it works for you.

It does enhance hair and skin so give it a try for two months, it isn't expensive. If you are happy as I am, put it in your daily regimen

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products