September 1, 2014 | 2030 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I already have long hair and wanted it to grow faster. I took the recommended dose until the bottle ran out...it must have been a few months. Nothing happened. I've heard you have to take it for 6 months before noticing a difference, I figured I had taken it long enough that something should have been happening. I'm otherwise healthy and drink more than enough water, so I don't think I have any problems that would have prevented it from working. Skin remained the same as well. I would have tried it for longer than one bottle, but the pills were the biggest pills I've ever taken...horse pills, they tasted horrible on my tongue, so I'll just wait for my hair to grow normally.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm 37 yrs old. All my life I was blessed with perfect skin. Maybe a pimple around that time of the month but that was all. At age 30 I developed adult acne. At 35 I bought Proactiv and it did nothing for my skin. It cleaned it very well though and my skin was oil free. I thought my acne was a hormonal issue. At 36 I began a birth control pill. It cleared my acne at first. After being on the pill for less than 8 months my acne came back. I decided to get off the pill because it was a low dose pill and gave me other problems and it wasn't helping my skin anymore. I looked into Biotin for my hair mostly to get it to grow faster. Biotin says it helps support healthy hair, skin and nails. Also supports carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism. I started taking Biotin every day at the same time of day (being that I was already in the habit of taking birth control every day.) After just a couple weeks my acne was gone. I couldn't believe it. (My hair is getting longer also.) It is the most amazing thing! I don't even wash my face before bed with any kind of cleanser. I just wipe my make up off with a wet warm wash cloth. I don't have clogged pores either. I hardly even wear foundation make up now. It is sooooo nice just brushing on some bronzing powder and a little concealer/foundation under my eyes! No more trying to cover up acne with tons of foundation and taking forever getting ready to go somewhere! I am so happy! I do know that my acne was also caused by some stress and I no longer have that stress in my life. I am going to continue Biotin for my skin. It has also made all my dark spots and scars from my old acne disappear. My skin looks better than ever. I didn't spend a lot of $ either, I bought the Target brand of Biotin in the purple and white bottle, 1,000mcg.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

NATUREMADE BIOTIN 5,000 MCG 50 SOFTGELS--I am acne prone and have gotten acne from an unknown Biotin brand before (friend gave me them) but I wanted to give it another chance. I have been using this for a month, two tiny pink gels, because I read that 10,000 is better, 3 doesn't do any better than 2 though. A lot of stores this month has been doing buy 1 get 1 free. Check the weekly ads. Really good deal though, and no acne caused. Nails and hair are looking better. I read other reviews on here that NatureMade kept others clear-faced too. Also easy pop up top, no annoying push down twist.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by va1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

My hair has been getting some massive abuse the last 4 years with me coloring it so often. I've been noticing it was thinning more than I would like!

The Biotin 5000 mcg from Eu Natural (search for it on Amazon) has been working great for me. This one has pure grade Biotin without any extra junk in the pills.

My hair strength is back and noticed my nails are stronger as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by KellyKen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been taking biotin for healthier faster growing hair, 5000 mcg per day, for about 2 months now, and while I haven't noticed much difference in my hair, I have not noticed any breakouts.

I will continue for awhile longer and see if it helps soon. I mostly wanted my hair to be shiny and healthy, and I'm also growing it long. It may be marginally healthier. Not sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been taking biotin daily for 11 months and have seen little progress in correcting my thinning hair condition. Wish it worked better for me and yes, I drink alot of water.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by rebeccarkane

I've been taking biotin for about a week now. I started taking it because of my nails. My nails take so long to grow, and since I can't wear nail polish at my job, I want them to look as good as possible. I also wanted the skin and hair benefits.

It's worked well on my nails. They are certainly a lot stronger. I'm a nail biter though, so I cannot comment on the growth. I'm hoping biotin will make my nails grow faster than I can bite them off :( LOL

As for the hair, no noticeable difference.

Everyone on this site says that it made them break out - it has not made me break out yet. I have great skin, not acne prone at all, but I am also on hormonal birth control. It has made my face more oily, however. Nothing I can't handle. My face does seem to glow.

Overall, I like the effects of biotin and would definitely repurchase. I have Nature"s Bounty, 1000mcg pills, and I take one per day in the morning with my multivitamin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mjc410

Where to start.... I went to walmart about six months ago and bought a green bottle of this for about 6 dollars. Im not sure how many were in there but there were quite a lot. I really liked this at first but then when I upped the dosage I started to break out. it did make my hair grow about an inch a month. But the downside to it was that It made my leg hair and arm hair grow so much faster too which is such a pain in the ass! After a couple months I just couldn't take the extra hair and breakouts so I threw it away. It definitely served its purpose but overall it just wasn't what I wanted. My hair grows fast enough I don't feel like I need this in my life..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Kianaa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When taking any vitamin you need to actually have a balance..i have been taking Maxi-Hair Plus 5000 Mcg Biotin by County Life. It has the high biotin i wanted and other vitamins and minerals to balance it out. The only draw back is that you have to take 4 capsules..but..I decided to take 2 capsules for a month(with food/breakfast)..then go to 4...best decision i made, I will stick with just taking 2 a day. My hair grew like i was 20 again, instead of clumps of hair when showering..i only see a few strands(I am mid 50's, and my hair is now past my waistline) and it is shinier, friends, family, coworkers and my husband noticed the difference, the only thing is it did not stop my greys..just looks a lot less, may be just my imagination/glee that its working for me. My nails really grew fast, but was still not as hard as i wanted them. My skin did break out a little the first week, but was all gone by the second week. I am now on 2 months of taking just 2 capsules, deciding if i should go to 4...my hair, nails and skin is the same, which i am happy. Sometimes less is more..oh yeah I purchased for a little over $20.00. This worked for me and i hope it works for you, remember everyone reacts differently to everything..♥

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by TB1234

If you have problematic skin, or even if you don't - don't succumb to taking Biotin. My skin broke out in horrible cystic acne that I've not had before. It was unmanageable and unsightly. It didn't happen straight away, probably about two months into using the vitamins. I assume this is because my body was actually metabolising the biotin and becoming used to it. It is very depressing to be 30 years old and have horrible skin. I really recommend not using this product.