August 21, 2014 | 1927 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by va1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

My hair has been getting some massive abuse the last 4 years with me coloring it so often. I've been noticing it was thinning more than I would like!

The Biotin 5000 mcg from Eu Natural (search for it on Amazon) has been working great for me. This one has pure grade Biotin without any extra junk in the pills.

My hair strength is back and noticed my nails are stronger as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by KellyKen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been taking biotin for healthier faster growing hair, 5000 mcg per day, for about 2 months now, and while I haven't noticed much difference in my hair, I have not noticed any breakouts.

I will continue for awhile longer and see if it helps soon. I mostly wanted my hair to be shiny and healthy, and I'm also growing it long. It may be marginally healthier. Not sure.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been taking biotin daily for 11 months and have seen little progress in correcting my thinning hair condition. Wish it worked better for me and yes, I drink alot of water.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by rebeccarkane

I've been taking biotin for about a week now. I started taking it because of my nails. My nails take so long to grow, and since I can't wear nail polish at my job, I want them to look as good as possible. I also wanted the skin and hair benefits.

It's worked well on my nails. They are certainly a lot stronger. I'm a nail biter though, so I cannot comment on the growth. I'm hoping biotin will make my nails grow faster than I can bite them off :( LOL

As for the hair, no noticeable difference.

Everyone on this site says that it made them break out - it has not made me break out yet. I have great skin, not acne prone at all, but I am also on hormonal birth control. It has made my face more oily, however. Nothing I can't handle. My face does seem to glow.

Overall, I like the effects of biotin and would definitely repurchase. I have Nature"s Bounty, 1000mcg pills, and I take one per day in the morning with my multivitamin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mjc410

Where to start.... I went to walmart about six months ago and bought a green bottle of this for about 6 dollars. Im not sure how many were in there but there were quite a lot. I really liked this at first but then when I upped the dosage I started to break out. it did make my hair grow about an inch a month. But the downside to it was that It made my leg hair and arm hair grow so much faster too which is such a pain in the ass! After a couple months I just couldn't take the extra hair and breakouts so I threw it away. It definitely served its purpose but overall it just wasn't what I wanted. My hair grows fast enough I don't feel like I need this in my life..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Kianaa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When taking any vitamin you need to actually have a balance..i have been taking Maxi-Hair Plus 5000 Mcg Biotin by County Life. It has the high biotin i wanted and other vitamins and minerals to balance it out. The only draw back is that you have to take 4 capsules..but..I decided to take 2 capsules for a month(with food/breakfast)..then go to 4...best decision i made, I will stick with just taking 2 a day. My hair grew like i was 20 again, instead of clumps of hair when showering..i only see a few strands(I am mid 50's, and my hair is now past my waistline) and it is shinier, friends, family, coworkers and my husband noticed the difference, the only thing is it did not stop my greys..just looks a lot less, may be just my imagination/glee that its working for me. My nails really grew fast, but was still not as hard as i wanted them. My skin did break out a little the first week, but was all gone by the second week. I am now on 2 months of taking just 2 capsules, deciding if i should go to 4...my hair, nails and skin is the same, which i am happy. Sometimes less is more..oh yeah I purchased for a little over $20.00. This worked for me and i hope it works for you, remember everyone reacts differently to everything..♥

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by TB1234

If you have problematic skin, or even if you don't - don't succumb to taking Biotin. My skin broke out in horrible cystic acne that I've not had before. It was unmanageable and unsightly. It didn't happen straight away, probably about two months into using the vitamins. I assume this is because my body was actually metabolising the biotin and becoming used to it. It is very depressing to be 30 years old and have horrible skin. I really recommend not using this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

I've been taking Biotin for a little over two months. I've noticed an increase in nail and hair growth. My nails were brittle and breaking due to gel manicures and I really wanted something to help them.. The hair growth is an extra added bonus! I've been using the GNC brand. 5000mcg. I take one daily in the morning with my other vitamins. If you're looking for a dramatic change this won't be it, but it will help over time.

I haven't had any issues with acne or anything. My skin has been less oily. Not sure if it's due to this or because of the calrisonic. I'm sure this has a little to do with it.. Great vitamin, and very happy I found out about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Hawaiianprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Just started taking biotin 5000mcg 5 days ago. So far I feel like my fringe has noticeably grown even just over a few days. I got my hair razored a couple of weeks ago because it was too thick but immediately regretted it afterwards! Which is why I've started the tablets. No break outs so far although I usually get the odd pimple but this is normal for my combination skin. It's worth noting though that it is currently warm sunny weather and hair is known to grow faster in summer in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Lauraasti

I had heard of people taking biotin for skin/hair/nail health and was immediately intrigued. But I did have to do some research before putting something in my body. I saw that there was some skepticism about whether it actually worked and that your body apparently makes it on its own, but I eventually decided to just try it anyway. I've been coloring my hair for 12 years and as a result, it has gotten thinner and tends to fall out more than usual, and I have slightly acne-prone skin and paint my nails constantly. I really didn't notice a difference until I stopped taking it after a few weeks. Suddenly, I had more blemishes, there was a lot more hair in the shower drain and my nails cracked easier. The difference when I began taking it was so subtle, but when I stopped, I was shocked! I think this is a great product to consider, especially if you color your hair, regularly paint your nails, and generally put your hair/skin/nails through some abuse. Not a miracle drug that will turn you into a supermodel, but gives a little boost to what you have!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No