September 2, 2014 | 1798 users online

Concealers - Cle de Peau - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ndebace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A product that actually lives up to the infamous hype! I don't think I can truly express how fantastic this concealer is. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! No joking - in a desperate search for good coverage, I think I may have LITERALLY tried them all, and this is, HANDS DOWN, the best concealer on the market. If you need REAL coverage, then this is it. I use Clinique Even Better foundation with a Beauty Blender sponge and then apply this and blend with my fingertips. It covers EVERYTHING - melasma, acne, post-acne hyperpigmentation, sun spots, dark circles...EV.ERY.THING. Plus, it's not drying or irritating at all (I have extremely sensitive skin) and has light-reflecting pigments that just blur everything out. One note - you MUST have a light hand with this. Even if you have some big problem to cover, start with the smallest amount possible and blend, blend, blend. You need WAY less of this than you think you do. Using more will only result in it caking and cracking and wasting product. Used properly, this product wears like iron all day and lasts forever; even using it all over my face everyday like I do, I buy about 2 tubes a year. So, while the initial expense is more - you actually get a really good bang for your buck with this concealer. SOOOOO worth the money!! I also love that it comes in a fully-retractable tube and not a cream pot - makes application so much easier and makes it very portable in case you do need an occasional touch up. Love this as an eyeshadow base as well - never creases. HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by msabbagh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does cover well BUT it's very creamy, does wear off and is way too expensive @ $70, especially compared to other products that do a better job like Bobbi Brown corrector along with BB creamy concealer over it- That combination has been the best coverage overall that I've had. I use MAC studio finish concealer for every day though which takes A LOT less time to apply, cheaper, plus it doesn't melt.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely loved this concealer at first, but now I hate it! It fades after a few hours and creases like crazy! Yes, one tube does last me about a whole year, but I'd rather not spend money on something that is mediocre.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 7:12:00 AM More reviews by ambodidi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really dark undereye circles; they're a result of my genes and ethnicity, irregular sleeping habits, constant stress, and chronic sinusitis. I have to wear concealer, it's not optional. Before this, my favourite was Make Up for Ever Full cover, and I still think it's pretty good, but this is better.
I have to mix Miel/Honey and Beige or use the beige on top of the honey, so I had to buy TWO shades, but I did buy one duty-free at HK airport, and got the other at a good price on eBay. I'm used to not finding a match, but I still think the selection of colours is a bit limited. For reference, the honey is around NC35, the beige about NC25. The Honey is slightly darker than my skin tone, but my circles are MUCH darker. I then have to apply the Beige on top- on its own, it's too light and too pink. I notice a few people say it creases, but it really doesn't-you need to use so little, there isn't enough to crease. I use a Sigma or Ecotools concealer brush and draw lines around my eyes, then blend. I have tried using it straight from the tube- no success. I use it over Natio eye gel and that makes a huge difference. If I think I'm looking particularly wrecked, I will also apply Bobbi Brown corrector in light peach underneath.The lasting power is great- I can still see it working after 8 or 10 hours. Having said all that, it makes my circles much better, but they are still there. I can't believe that in this day and age, making dark circles disappear is still impossible.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by reilts

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a good product if you have sensitive eyes. My eyes hurt for days after trying this product. Red swollen lids. And I was so hopeful. . .very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by itsrachmang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

What else do you really need to know? It's an awesome, fool proof product that conceals! And you have all the reviews on here and on every other site touting this product as the #1 concealer out there. I love it for covering under eye darkness and the redness around my nose. It's perfect - creamy, yet doesn't crease. Don't need a lot...so the tube should last awhile.

It's definitely worth the $. You won't regret it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by envyu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a long time, it some what matches my skin color and covers the under eye circle, but it after a couple of hours you will notice major fine lines showing under your eye. I am in my early 30's and look a lot younger than my actual age. Thus, this will age you rapidly.Don't waste your money and believe all the hype because celebrities are promoting it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by suze86

I have been using this for many years and purchased another tube yesterday. I apply it directly and smooth with my fingers or a stiff brush and often set it with some powder (especially if covering a blemish). I don't find that it gathers in creases, making them worse. But like every concealer I have tried, I don't think it looks good on very dry/peeling areas. I gave it 4 rather than 5 stars because the colors are so limited. I am a fair brunette and use Ivory, the lightest color. But I am not as fair as many blonds and redheads.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by georgette7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best concealer I've ever used and I think I tried them all. Doesn't cake. Glides on and brightens. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by taylerrobertson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Life Saver. That is exactly what I consider this concealer to be. You can layer it on over red areas and pimples and it wont cake, lasts all day, and conceals like a dream. It is a full coverage, creamy concealer and although it may be pretty pricey, one tube goes a looong way. I've been using the same tube in ivory for almost a year with everyday use and I still have a pretty good sized nub left in my tube! I apply it by dabbing my ring finger onto the top of the stick and then gently patting it on my zit or imperfection as needed and they just seem to disappear! It lasts all day long, even after 2 hour volleyball practices and sweating buckets its still on and looks perfect! Also it does not make any problem areas worse/irritates skin (I would know as I have very fair, sensitive skin). It stays put under the eyes all day too however I don't use it there daily as I am only 17 and do not have dark circles yet :).The color matches my fair skin beautifully and I would never ever trade this concealer for anything else because it is the most effective one I've ever used!

So, overall:
Creamy, full coverage
lasts all day, even through sweat!
ivory matches very fair skin beautifully
does not irritate skin
works like magic for disguising zits and redness
wont crease and is never cakey
multiple layers can be applied with it still looking natural
one stick lasts a very very long time!
very highly pigmented so a little goes a long way

Hope this helped someone out there! I really do 100% recommend it, it is a fantastic investment and my search for the perfect concealer to last me through long stressful days at school and volleyball practices is over!! Thank you Cle De Peau!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No