November 26, 2014 | 1604 users online

Eye Primer - Bare Escentuals - bareVitamins Prime Time Eyelid Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by asapinski

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the bare minerals line for yrs now, everything from foundations, make prep items, blush ,concealers, eye shadows and lip glosses and this line has never disappointed me. I am still on my first tube of this stuff and it works pretty well, I donít know why one reviewer said it was clumpy or hard to dispense, I didnít notice either of those issues with mine. It also could have creased because she used too much. The women at the bare minerals boutique gave me a tip and said apply it with your ring finger not the applicator. I use this when ever I wear eye shadow especially when I go out to a bar or club and my shadow and eyeliner last all thru the night of dancing and working up a good sweat. I can go to sleep with my make up still on and wake up and my eye shadow is still on! Some of my eye shadows have lasted almost 3 days with this stuff (when I was too lazy the morning after to wash off my make up or if I was just going to be around the house and not going anywhere.) Its reasonably priced I pick it up at sephora and the bare minerals boutique in my local mall for $21 (US)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by ttyn

Not a good product.....
* Very clumpy
* doesnt dipence very well
* made my eye shadow dull looking
* the primer acyualy creased befoe i even put eyeshadow on
Best eyshadow primer is urban decay primer potion one tube lasted me over 7 mounths its perfect !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Daphn2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am truly amazed by this primer. My sister gave me the primer a couple of months ago. I did not use it for a while and stopped wearing bareEscentuals eyeshadow out of frustration. However, the primer does minimize creasing, helps the colors become more vibrant and extends the life of the shadows. Regret that i had not been using this all along. Love it! I dont use the felt tip to apply. I dispense the product and then blend in with my finger tip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2009 7:15:00 AM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is a gem. It's amazing and I would pay way more for it. That's how amazing it is. I never sleep with my makeup on but I went to a wedding and came home very late, so I just went to sleep. I woke up and looked in the mirror and my shadow looked amazing. I put it on the morning before the wedding. The shaow looked a little lighter but there was NO CREASING. I was amazed. So the next day I put the primer on and shadow and went out, came home in the evening and my shadow still looked perfect.
Every girl must own this primer. I have oily lids and within a few hours my shadow looks bad. RUN don't walk to get this beauty. I will never be without it. I ran out and got a second tube so that I have one on hand when the one I am using runs out. WORHT EVERY PENNY.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Thorn454

For me this is one of the better eye primers. My shadows and liners last all day and night with this. It doesn't crease. Shadows blend easily with it. It applies quite smoothly, and it is not drying on lids like UDPP. It has a mousse like texture and dries slightly tacky, which is perfect. The downfall of this product is the packaging. It is a clicktube, which does not give very much control on how much product is squeezed out. Either a smidge comes out or a great glob. Overall, I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by jdelro6

I cannot put on my shadows without this primer. I know its not as popular as other primers but its just as good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Definitely one of the better eyelid primers I've tried over the years. (Like a previous reviewer here mentioned, I also can't wear TFSI or UDPP due to allergies to the ingredients.) The texture of this reminds me a little bit of MAC paints (the ones in the little metal tubes), because it dries fast on the lid and it stays that way, keeping shadows crease-free for many,many hours. Actually, this is BETTER than MAC paints on my lids, because MAC paints crease on me after about 5 hours. My only complaint about this product would be, because it is kind of rigid, it makes my crease shadows hard to blend. This is a great primer if you only use a lid color or a wash... but if you start getting creative and start blending colors into the crease... this makes the additional shadows look splotchy, patchy, and unblended. This primer grabs onto your eyeshadow so well, that once it's applied... it's applied... and it ain't goin' nowhere! Good if you're only using one color on the lids, but not so good if you like to use 3 or 4 shadows per eye design, and you want your eyeshadows to look well-blended. It doesn't matter if I use BE shadows or MAC, I run into the same problem when I use this primer. Again, great primer for long lasting eyeshadow... not so good if you like to blend more than one color. At least that's MY experience. Still a keeper!
UPDATE 6/13/10: I finally got the hang out of how to use this, and I think this is probably the best eye primer I've ever used. I even bought another one since the 1st one seems like it's running on empty. I can blend my shadows better, and I like that I can just use one primer instead of 2 (like I was previously doing). I am not crazy about the stupid, twisty-pen packaging... but the product inside is great so I can't rate this badly because of the packaging. I go all day with this stuff on my lids and my eyeshadows do not crease at all! Even on humid, hot days... I can't believe this stuff! Expensive for the minimal amount you get in the cruddy packaging... but the primer itself is unbeatable in performance, IMO. I just twist the pen until a small strip comes out, then I swipe it off the applicator with my left ring finger and smoosh it together w/ my other ring finger until it is smooth... then I apply the creamy paste to both lids. It absorbs & dries quickly for me, and then I just pat my shadows on and voilŗ! My eyeshadow lasts all day! Fantastic primer! :o) continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by alisoncooks

I think that this product takes the cake for annoying packaging!!! (beats UDPP hands down). It comes in a skinny lip gloss-type tube. You twist the bottom and it comes out the applicator on top. You twist and you twist and nothing happens. Twist and twist and nothing happens. Finally you get a little bit, use it, and put it away. Go open the tube later and find that it *came out* after the fact (someone explained it well, like mousse.....you use some but it continues to come out later). Super annoying!

If you can get past that, the product itself is pretty good. I have found my eyeshadow stays around and is more vibrant than usual (but I was using NOTHING before, so anything would be an improvement).

I don't know that I'll buy this again. I'll probably go for UDPP or TFSS next time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good primer. I have used UDPP but it was far too drying on my sensitive lids, so I settled for Too Faced Shadow Insurance which is still pretty good since I really didn't need my shadow to stay on after 12 hours anyway. TFSI isn't as drying, but lately I've been having a weird feeling in my eyes so I decided to cut out some things and try new things so I can figure out what the culprit might be!

I also bought like 60+ mineral samples from Pure Luxe Cosmetics and was looking for something sticky for them to adhere to since I don't like using them wet. This primer is definitely stickier than TFSI, my mineral pigments went on great and stayed bright. It's been 8 hours so far and no creasing yet! I'm really suprised so many people are saying this is too thick (concealer like) and it makes it's presence known...This is the reason I HATED painterly paint pot by MAC...I think the consistance of this is wonderful and feels alot more comfortable on the lids than UDPP and I guess it does have a bit of color to it, but nothing crazy so please go to Sephora or something and sample this before automatically assuming it's concealer like!

Now the cons of this product! As others are saying, I am not a fan of the packaging. Your better off twisting to get a tiny amount out, and then as your doing that lid, look down at the applicator and you will probably see that some has oozed out so you can use that for the other lid. I use my finger for application. Secondly, the amount you get for $16 is ridiculous (I think it's like 6 times LESS than UDPP and TFSI or around there). It's unfortunate that things that are good for your skin are more costly than stuff that has harsh chemicals- kind of like how you have to be rich to eat health food these days, it's so much cheaper to get a huge meal at McDonalds than a crouton at Panera Bread! But anyways, I am just hoping this lasts ATLEAST a month (update..it's lasting me over 2 months using it 4-5 times week!), and I might end up using this only when I use mineral shadows aslong as I find out that TFSI isn't causing my eye problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by kwpdb8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for an alternative to UDPP, because my Urban Decay primer always dried up within a few weeks of getting it, and I didn't like how frequently I had to buy it. I never really bought in to the Bare Escentuals craze, but the saleswoman at Ulta recommended this product to me, and I'm so glad I followed her advice. The major edge that the BE Prime Time has over UDPP is that it truly enhances the color. For example, UD's "Fishnet" is a shadow I've always had trouble with--it disappears when I try to blend, and is generally sheerer than I'd like it to be. Not so, with BE Prime Time. Colors are sharper and brighter, and I found it very easy to blend. Those who say this product is sticky are likely applying too much--the applicator is flawed in that it kind of globs the primer on too thick. I dot it on with the applicator, and blend it around, up, and out with my fingers. It truly is lightweight and non-greasy, and has intense staying power.

I can't say enough about how pleasantly surprised I was by this product. I absolutely recommend it to anyone who wants crisp, vibrant eye shadow all day long. A thousand times yes to BE Prime Time!