BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 4/4/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I used to work for Benefit many, many, MANY moons ago....and this product was the first highlighter I ever used. So, its very nostalgic for me! lol I probably still have this somewhere actually. Not that I am looking for it. This overall is a okay highlighter for my NC30 skin tone. I don't see this working on someone much darker. As a matter of fact, I remember putting this on people and it looking straight up white on them. The three star rating is because it IS decent, if you mix into your moisturizer or foundation. But thanks for the crappy nail polish bottle package, that makes it a difficult task to do! I would much rather use LM Radiance primer, or MAC Strobe Cream for the same effect, which much less work! I always thought this was over priced as well! This should be $18 tops. $25 plus dollars is way too much! Its not even 1/2 an ounce of product! If you're really hung up on the idea of a creamy pink shimmer highlighter, I would go for the ELF Shimmering Face Whip in Lilac Petal for $1!

on 4/4/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The funny thing is I'm kind of allergic to this product. It slowly, but surely dries out my browbone area. But it DOES provide the perfect iridescent glow where applied. It clumps up in the bottle and has no noticeable smell as far as I can tell--I"m just constantly weighing it against the sparkly eyeshadows I have.

on 4/3/2014 8:40:00 PM

This product.. Just, yes.
I've tried a lot of highlighters. This is called a "pearly pinkish tone". I'm very pale as I am a natural redhead and this colour compliments my skin. It just gives you that nice finished face shine. It's noticeable mostly in natural light in the sun. It's not overly sparkly and it's a soft finish. The smell could be improved though. I personally dot it above my blush, and my brow bone. I've gotten a few compliments on my skin being "radiant" with High Beam on.

on 4/3/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great highlighter! When I apply it above me cheekbones, above my eyebrows and in my cupids bow, it definitely makes my face glow in a very nice way. When I stand under a light or in the sunlight, it really compliments my face. The best thing about it, is that it doesn't have loads of sparkle in it, much like the other highlighters I've tried. It doesn't make my face look like a unicorn threw up on it, which is great. It's also very easy to blend out, and just overall amazing. I got the sample along with posie tint (which I don't really use much) at ulta for $10, and it's lasted me a while so far. When I do run out, I'm not sure if I'll purchase the full size since it's so expensive, but I probably will since it's such a nice product. I would highly recommend.

on 3/28/2014 11:29:00 AM

A pearly-pink liquid-ish illuminator/ highlighter that comes in a bottle with a nail polish sort of applicator. A little goes a long way; a small amount of it is enough to give your entire face a subtle glow. I find the product to be a little overpriced but considering the amount of product you get versus the amount of product you use everyday, you will find yourself using it for years I'd dare say, so I believe it's worthied! The only downside for me is the packaging. I believe that they surely can come up with something better than a nail polish sort of brush for their bestseller, especially when it costs 30+ euro and customers have high expectations!

on 3/23/2014 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

MY STORY: I had a hard time deciding which highlighter should I buy (I know, stupid). There were rave reviews about Soft & Gentle, about Mary Lou Manizer, about High Beam, about Albatross, ... But, a blogger on youtube, who was comparing all her highlighters, made me buy Mary Lou Manizer. And I am happy I did. It's such a great yellowish champagne highlighter - really light reflecting, and not so day appropriate for some. Annnnd, eight months later, I started wanting a pink highlighter. Since non online-stores want to deliver Benefit to my country, and there's no MAC nor Sephora, when a friend of mine told me he's going to the States, I told him: buy High Beam.
I'm glad I've listened to all those rave reviews, though when I was testing it this summer in store, I wasn't convinced I had to have it.

COLOR: pink, similar to Naked Flushed
HIGHLIGHTING EFFECTS: metallic, no sparkle, medium to high notice-ability
LONGEVITY: survives whole day
YELLOW UNDERTONED GALS: goes nicely on my skintone*
APPLICATION: few dots, then buffing with a synthetic, very flexible brush
AMOUNT YOU GET: I thought it'll be smaller, it's quite big, will last me 3 lifetimes
PACKAGING: cheap and luxurious at the same time, practical, wish it was more like Touche Eclat - like a nail polish bottle, the brush doesn't go all the way down to bottom, not is it flexible enough to touch the inner sides of the container
FOUNDATION: doesn't 'eats-up' the foundation on the places where you blend it in (eg. Inglot's liquid highlighters and blushes remove my underneath foundations); haven't mixed my foundation w/ it (I have oily-combinations skin)
DAY APPROPRIATE: yes
EYE-FRIENDLY: n/a

I like it more than NARS' Copacabana. Copacabana is sheerer, has silver sparkle and is less metallic. High beam is more pigmented, saturated. I would go for high beam, if I had to chose which one to buy.

* atm: Bourjois 51, MAC NC15, MUFE 117, Chanel B10

on 3/19/2014 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Super-model in a bottle - oh yes! High-beam I love you.....Try it and fall in love with a perfect highlighter!

on 3/10/2014 3:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I don't see why everyone is raving about this highlighter? I think it is too subtle to even notice. I much prefer Benefit's Watts Up cream stick highlighter which gives you a gorgeous golden glow and blends beautifully. I won't be wasting my money on High Beam again.

on 3/7/2014 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of my favorite highlighters now after receiving it in a sample kit with Posetint. It's a milky pink color that is not shimmery or glittery. It's more of a satin highlighter that i find perfect because I am closing in on 40 and do not like that overdone highlight look.

It's very natural and subtle. It looks awesome layered with Posetint. BTW, I own the dupe for this ELF Facial Whip in Lilac and it is spot on. So if you don't wanna spend the money on Benefit, check out the ELF one for $1.

on 3/4/2014 11:34:00 AM

Easy to apply and give makeup highlight a new name!

Definetely a must-have. Brightens up the whole face drastically. Application is also easy and blends well. I love using high beam as my brow bone highlighter too.

Video Reviews & Tutorials