Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

on 5/31/2013 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is great for everyday. It adds length and makes my eyelashes look great. However it comes off really easily and I have to reapply every few hours. But still a great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It's impossible to find this where I live and that makes me weep with sorrow! I adore this mascara, and I originally discovered it by stealing it from my sister. It's thick in a non-clumpy way and almost dry, to the point where it makes your eyes look smoulder-y. It's a sexy look for lashes! There's a lot in there too! It wears all day for me, and it does smudge a bit, but strangely doesn't give me raccoon eyes, but more of a purposeful-looking smudge under my eyes. I have a picture, but it doesn't do it justice. It makes my green eyes look so sexy.

on 5/11/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I used this product a few summers ago in the water proof version. It certainely gave me thick, in your face lashes. I don't recall it being difficult to remove at all, being water proof. I'm interested in retrying this mascara in the regular version.

on 5/10/2013 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I miss max factor mascaras! I used to wear these all the time until the is stopped carrying Max factor :( :(

on 5/10/2013 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I brought this product after seeing such a high rating. This is definately a very good mascara - it doesnt clump the lashes like my previous go to mascara (rimmel scandleeyes) and in terms of volume it gives each lash seperate definition which i love and it looks natural. Also this is cheap i got it for 6.50 for 9ml which isnt too bad.
NEGATIVE - The mascara comes off if my eyes get watery which is annoying! Out of all the mascaras i have used, this is the worst in terms of withholding when a little wet, but this issue can be solved as next time ill buy the waterproof version! However, i still love this mascara!

I am constantly on the hunt for new mascaras and picked this one up randomly when it was on offer in Boots and I am so glad I did!

The packaging on this mascara is pretty standard, black with red writing, the usual shape, nothing to get excited about.

The formula is lovely though, thick, black and wet enough to really see an impact on your eyelashes (is it just me or are all the drugstore brands releasing super dry formulas at the moment) without having to apply multiple coats. I have very fine but very curly eyelashes and this made them look thick, natural and wonderfully dark.

Although I wouldn't say this was my HG mascara (that would be Maxfactor Clump Defy), this is definitely in my top 3 and well worth the money for a no-frills, does what is says on the tin product.

on 4/22/2013 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product! It would have to be my favourite drugstore mascara find. I will definitely be recommending it to all my friends.

on 4/21/2013 11:41:00 PM

I bought this mascara on sale at $14.95 which is an ok price i guess. I originally was not going to get the waterproof version, but then the one that i did want was gone so i ended up w the waterproof one. the packaging i think is quite nice, simple design. the brush is so so altho it does get the product in the right place:) i was quite happy how dark the colour was, it is as promised a really black black and shows up well on my naturally thin lashes. in terms of clumping as long as u dont blink too much its fine really, w smudging i think u just hav to let it dry a little in the morning and then its ok (i hav had it smudge quite a few times tho when i was in a rush). overall i think i would buy it again. ive been searching for one i can wear during sports tho and so far havnt really found a practical sweatproof one...

on 4/19/2013 6:53:00 AM

This is a truly a wonderful mascara! It has the ability to give great lengthening affects while still looking natural if that makes sense ( no hard, clumpy lashes!) This is one of the few mascaras that actually does what it says it will. I have tried all sorts of mascaras from drugstore to high end and for 7,50 this beats all of them. I got the black brown colour which is more black than brown but still softer than a really intense black which I love. Bottom line this is definitely a mascara to try!

I'm not ecstatic about this product. It hardly lengthens them and doesn't do well to separate them. And when I pulled the brush out mascara stretched out like it was very gummy. Not my favorite. I'm happy I only got it for $5 on eBay, though, because I wouldn't pay more for it.

Top Rated Max Factor Products