April 24, 2014 | 1944 users online

Liquid - Paula's Choice - All Bases Covered Foundation SPF 25

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2005 5:37:00 PM More reviews by missymisst

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Great color selection--I'm hard to match and Sand with a little Nude mixed in is perfect. But--the texture and finish do not compare to my HG: Px Virtual Youth. VY has the most beautiful, slightly dewy finish, a little more coverage with a more natural look, and the right color match. Paula's All Bases Covered is a great backup for "going to the grocery store" makeup, but I will not repurchase when this runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by BeBelinda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I am using alabaster since I'm very pale. It is creamy yet not caky. I use it during the day since it has sunblock in it. The packaging could be more elegant, other than that, good job Paula!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2004 3:01:00 PM More reviews by spigot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oooh, I love this. I've got sensitive combination skin that flakes, and have terrible luck with foundation. I’ve tried everything – Laura Mercier, MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Vincent Longo – and this, for me, works best. Nice creamy texture (thick but fairly sheer), “nude” is the perfect match for my skin, it doesn’t settle in my pores or look pancake-y, and it’s got SPF 15. Non-drying, non-greasy, doesn’t accentuate flaking and lasts all day.

This would be particularly good for very pale women: I ordinarily take the lightest shade available, but with this, I had to bump up to “nude” from “alabaster."

Used to wear LM: got a free sample of this from Paula's site, and now I've switched. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2004 1:16:00 PM More reviews by alison_lil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have mix feeling about the product. I like the color (alabaster). It's very neutral. I also like the feel of it when I apply it. It's smooth and not too shinny, covers well. I also like it with SPF15, so I tend to use it during daytime. The thing I don't like it is the packaging. The prints on the tube comes right off to make my hands dirty! The tube itself is too stiff. I wish it comes in a more elegant tube.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2004 7:54:00 PM More reviews by honeybearkitty

I only liked 2 things about this foundation. Nude was *perfect* for my NC20 skin color. The SPF15 is great too. But I didn't like anything else about it... It was really thick and went on shiny/greasy looking. It didn't cover imperfections. It didn't stay on my combo skin for even one hour despite using a matte oil-absorbing powder over it. If you want to try this out before buying, you can get free samples on the website.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2004 4:46:00 PM More reviews by cheerymerryberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great foundation. I am very picky about having good SPF coverage (UVA and UVB). The coverage is light to medium, and it is easy to blend. I tried Cliniques SPF anti-aging formula in two colors, but I didn't like it as much as this, and ended up going back to Paula's choice. For SPF foundation, this is my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2004 4:22:00 PM More reviews by cheerymerryberry

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2004 4:28:00 PM More reviews by pallid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dry skin and mild acne with some scars and flaky spots (several). This finish and coverage work well for me. Nothing will cover the flakes, but this doesn't seem to make them worse.
Update #1: I got a new tube, and it doesn't seem as thick as before, maybe because that one was drying out? Anyway, it's the best I've found, bumped to 5 lippies. HG UPDATE #2: Ok, I still like it the best, but why does it sink into my "laugh lines"? It's pretty perfect otherwise, but I'm especially picky. Now I have to put powder in that area. I hate powder, now i have to search for one I like? Ugh. Update #3: This formula must have been changed at some point. It's now much creamier and less thick, making it super easy to apply. But I have this odd problem now: Toward when I'm finished, and there's only little f/d left on my fingertip, it starts to ball up and the residue on my fingertip is white, as if the Tit. Diox. sunscreen separates out just a little and sticks to my fingertip. It's not a big problem, but it's really strange. The coverage is good for most days, and when I need more, I mix in a little Clinique repairwear f/d in Alabaster. Perfecto! Update #5: That problem seemed to be only when I used it over certain products, like they reacted against each other, which I solved by not using them. This is the longest I've ever used one product, let alone f/d, so believe me, it really is that nice, if your skin is like mine. Update #6: Still using this as of January 2007, every time I stray I come back to it, I do wish Paula would create a higher SPF, slightly more coverage version of it though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2004 6:01:00 AM More reviews by AmyBianca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's not quite holy grail materila but it's pretty good. Not greasy at all, but not drying, provides a good amount of coverage and didn't break me out!! I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2004 1:49:00 PM More reviews by shamrock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used a sample of this. The pluses: it isn't cakey or greasy, it doesn't emphasize dry patches, it has a sunscreen, and the lightest shade is a good match for my pale skin.

The minuses: it's very thick, somewhat hard to blend, and it offers slightly heavier coverage than I usually like.

I'm on the fence, but am thinking of purchasing a bottle for the days when a tinted moisturizer isn't enough.