October 22, 2014 | 1225 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I've found my HG. And that's saying something. I'm so picky about mascara. I used to have gorgeous eyelashes, but they're not as full now that I'm older. I still like a very natural, separated look. Not one for all the nutty volume. I've been using UD's Lush lash mascara and really liked it. Saw Tiffanyd talk about this one, then I saw it on sale. Oh my goodness! The brush is fairly large, but the bristles are flexible and there are lots of them, so it separates ALL my lashes. Just love it! I've never been a fan of the plastic wands and figured CG mascara wasn't any good. I was totally wrong! Try this if you like natural, pretty separated lashes. You can't go wrong with this one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by fxukiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite mascara. It doesn't clump or flake. It doesn't burn your eyes. It stays on all day and isn't a pain to remove. Definitely buying more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by hair2show

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After all the rave reviews and people just showing this some love on the boards, I HAD to get it. Although others HATED the chunky tube (I don't mind, it makes it easier to find in my sea of makeup!), that wasn't a negative to me. The wand, now THAT is another story! It was one of those fatties.... FATTIES and me DO NOT agree! I have never found a fat brush I have liked! Don't like this and I do NOT like Rimmels! It just spells a recipe for all that smudge and smear you get on your lids while trying to coat from the bottom up! The price? Well it is what to expect from a d/s mascara - within the $8 range give or take. I feel like I am using an old mascara that is on its way out and it just will not do anymore for my eyelashes. Seriously, this did not make them look special AT ALL! II also bought the Water Proof version because Ulta was having a special. I am pretty positive this is getting returned. I have had mascaras and after a few tries thought "wow, what a difference, I like this" (especially since my lashes are fairly long and don't need curling). I really felt I needed a couple of coats and even THEN it would not make your lashes "even" or look "good" (I KNOW you know what I mean!). I am not so sure this will ever give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I will give it another week or so (since Ulta has a 60 day return), then I am going to Ulta (complete with the Water Proof and MAYBE even the NYX Doll Eyes, since I wasn't crazy on that either!) and getting my money back :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by sheisontherun

This is for the original Lash Blast, orange tube. I'm taking a moment to finally review this after a couple years of continuous wear! I've tried a whole lot of mascaras and this is the one I will continue to repurchase. Here's why:

-Rubber wand gives control and great separation
-Length and volume with very few clumps
-Formula does not flake and does not irritate my sensitive, contact lens wearing eyes
-Wears all day until I remove it
-The darkest color is truly dark, no gray
-Low price allows me to toss it and repurchase frequently, keeping my eyes healthier

To apply, I always blot the wand on a tissue. I wiggle it in the base of my lashes and pull outward. Continue to flick it on, gently, until I've got the amount I want. You can go subtle or full-on lashes with this. Then I comb through with a metal lash comb. I will always have some stray product on my eyelids, as this is a pretty 'wet' formula. No matter. I wipe those off with a q-tip and I'm done.

The packaging is fairly ugly and juvenile, but this is sitting at home on my dresser not going out and about, so I really don't care. That's the only drawback for me. I will keep buying this as long as they keep making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by SynthD

I love this mascara. It has been my go to for years. I love the big synthetic brush. It gives you dark, evenly coated, lashes that are nicely separated. It's not super volumizing which is okay for me but it does add length. It's also doesn't clump.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by MBadeaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go to mascara. I have been using it for years. I have purchased other mascaras from high end to drug store and I keep going back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by MrsLuckett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara! I've tried a ton! I have very long lashes that need a little help in the volume department and this does the job! I can put layer upon layer of this stuff on my lashes with almost no clumping. I tried They're Real to see if it was any better and I HATED it! Good product! I always keep coming back!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like some things about this very much and some not so much. I love that they have a brown shade, not just a brown/black shade (which they also have). I have brown hair and few lashes and black mascara can look funny on me. I also like that this doesn't clump bad. Given the fact that my eyes seem to tear all day - it doesn't smudge too badly and I do not wear waterproof. Still it comes off easily.

I don't love the brush. I have gotten more use to it but it can tug and hurt if you suddenly blink, which is the natural thing to do when a big orange wand is waved in front of your eye. It feels a bit hard. The head is a bit big. I like smaller cuved brushes. But it gives decent length. While I like the feel of mascara that goes on wet, it can be very messy. This goes on dryish. . So with that big wand and all the blinking, it doesn't make such a mess in the bottom corner as it might. Also, it doesn't flake off.

So right now it is my go to. Nothing amazing, but is also not bad and not expensive. So for those who like brown I recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by nata779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, nothing special. I had to buy this mascara as I forgot mine at home and needed to fix my look. It's not bad but it doesn't give any special volume, not at all. At least comparing to Chanel Volume mascara or similar high end stuff. I'd rather pay double but see results.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by vickyboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i do love mascaras, and this one is lovely, i kind of like the chunky packaging and i was pleasantly surprised after the first use; my eyelashes were so dark and looked so thick! they didn't curl, but i had already curled my lashes as force of habit, and while it didn't keep the curl, it didn't lose it either (if that even makes sense). it didn't flake any more than other mascaras i have tried in the past, and it didn't smudge, but at the end of the day it was far too difficult to take off with my regular makeup remover (it is waterproof, but other waterproof mascaras were not that difficult), it sort of clung to my eyelashes and made them feel brittle.. not sure if this is because of the ingredients of both products not agreeing with one another, but was not happy with the way my lashes felt :( i think i'll give it a fair go and try with another makeup remover and see what the results are before i make any final decisions, but if anyone uses particular removers that are A+ let me know!

EDIT: i tried this mascara with other makeup removers and can safely say that this product did not work for me at all. when removing the mascara after having used it for a while, several of my eyelashes fell out which is absolutely unusual when i remove other mascaras! I am sad to say that this is not a product for me, i wanted to like it so badly because it made my eyelashes look so lovely! what a shame :(