September 17, 2014 | 1026 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by sheisontherun

This is for the original Lash Blast, orange tube. I'm taking a moment to finally review this after a couple years of continuous wear! I've tried a whole lot of mascaras and this is the one I will continue to repurchase. Here's why:

-Rubber wand gives control and great separation
-Length and volume with very few clumps
-Formula does not flake and does not irritate my sensitive, contact lens wearing eyes
-Wears all day until I remove it
-The darkest color is truly dark, no gray
-Low price allows me to toss it and repurchase frequently, keeping my eyes healthier

To apply, I always blot the wand on a tissue. I wiggle it in the base of my lashes and pull outward. Continue to flick it on, gently, until I've got the amount I want. You can go subtle or full-on lashes with this. Then I comb through with a metal lash comb. I will always have some stray product on my eyelids, as this is a pretty 'wet' formula. No matter. I wipe those off with a q-tip and I'm done.

The packaging is fairly ugly and juvenile, but this is sitting at home on my dresser not going out and about, so I really don't care. That's the only drawback for me. I will keep buying this as long as they keep making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by SynthD

I love this mascara. It has been my go to for years. I love the big synthetic brush. It gives you dark, evenly coated, lashes that are nicely separated. It's not super volumizing which is okay for me but it does add length. It's also doesn't clump.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by MBadeaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go to mascara. I have been using it for years. I have purchased other mascaras from high end to drug store and I keep going back to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by MrsLuckett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara! I've tried a ton! I have very long lashes that need a little help in the volume department and this does the job! I can put layer upon layer of this stuff on my lashes with almost no clumping. I tried They're Real to see if it was any better and I HATED it! Good product! I always keep coming back!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like some things about this very much and some not so much. I love that they have a brown shade, not just a brown/black shade (which they also have). I have brown hair and few lashes and black mascara can look funny on me. I also like that this doesn't clump bad. Given the fact that my eyes seem to tear all day - it doesn't smudge too badly and I do not wear waterproof. Still it comes off easily.

I don't love the brush. I have gotten more use to it but it can tug and hurt if you suddenly blink, which is the natural thing to do when a big orange wand is waved in front of your eye. It feels a bit hard. The head is a bit big. I like smaller cuved brushes. But it gives decent length. While I like the feel of mascara that goes on wet, it can be very messy. This goes on dryish. . So with that big wand and all the blinking, it doesn't make such a mess in the bottom corner as it might. Also, it doesn't flake off.

So right now it is my go to. Nothing amazing, but is also not bad and not expensive. So for those who like brown I recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by nata779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, nothing special. I had to buy this mascara as I forgot mine at home and needed to fix my look. It's not bad but it doesn't give any special volume, not at all. At least comparing to Chanel Volume mascara or similar high end stuff. I'd rather pay double but see results.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by vickyboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i do love mascaras, and this one is lovely, i kind of like the chunky packaging and i was pleasantly surprised after the first use; my eyelashes were so dark and looked so thick! they didn't curl, but i had already curled my lashes as force of habit, and while it didn't keep the curl, it didn't lose it either (if that even makes sense). it didn't flake any more than other mascaras i have tried in the past, and it didn't smudge, but at the end of the day it was far too difficult to take off with my regular makeup remover (it is waterproof, but other waterproof mascaras were not that difficult), it sort of clung to my eyelashes and made them feel brittle.. not sure if this is because of the ingredients of both products not agreeing with one another, but was not happy with the way my lashes felt :( i think i'll give it a fair go and try with another makeup remover and see what the results are before i make any final decisions, but if anyone uses particular removers that are A+ let me know!

EDIT: i tried this mascara with other makeup removers and can safely say that this product did not work for me at all. when removing the mascara after having used it for a while, several of my eyelashes fell out which is absolutely unusual when i remove other mascaras! I am sad to say that this is not a product for me, i wanted to like it so badly because it made my eyelashes look so lovely! what a shame :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by muysie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this at a cvs in michigan on an overseas trip . I was about 14 and it was one of the best mascara experiences of my life. why four lippies you say? Because I am allowing for idolisation to have made this more golden and full of wonder and glory in the 7 years since I used it. Why has it been seven years? Because covergirl is not in South Africa. This has made me quite depressed. What cruel world shows your eyelashes their soulmate only to rip them away! Ok enough of that. I loved the brush and thought mascara was always easy and fabulous, I thought clumping only happened to people who used mud instead of mascara.How wrong I was! Every other mascara since has shown me that... The brush is pure magic and the formula just wanted to coat every single lash because it knows they are special too. Covergirl please come to south africa! You probably wouldnt even need a marketing team with the odd seven years of testimonials I have eagerly screamed at anyone who even mentioned mascara! All in all love the product! It was fab!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I got this on a whim one day looking for a better mascara than the one I had. Jackpot. This is my favorite mascara now, it's been 2 years and I still LOVE it to death.

Never had a mascara separate and define like this one ever. You can go big or keep it more natural with this. NEVER clumps or smudges. If its been a LONG day it begins to flake a tiny bit, but I don't mind because it happens after 12 hours or so on me.

The wand is rubber, which now I prefer after this mascara, and the tube is a bit clunky. BEST mascara on the market in my opinion. No fussing with it or any weird learning curve to get the look you want (Benefit talking to you).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for both the waterproof and non-WP versions -- I love the way this mascara volumizes and really enhances my lashes, but I will not buy again because it flakes like a MOFO, especially at the end of the day. I literally have to go wash it off or I can't see the computer screen in the evenings because it has flaked into my eyes. How difficult is it to make a mascara that doesn't flake - seriously?

Also, to continue my rant, the waterproof version is really hard to get off. I use sweet almond oil to remove my mascara, and this works really well on everything except this. How can a mascara flake all to h*ll and not come off -- all at the same time?

In other words, no, I don't like it.