It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Fragrance/ Parfum, Panthenol, Silk Amino Acids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Quaternium-80, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Eugenol, Coumarin, Cinnamal, Linalool, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 5/21/2014 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I had been hearing about this product for quite some time. But, I really wasn't all that interested in paying a lot of money for the normal sized bottle (which is very small) that it comes in. So, that's why, I shied away from buying it for years. At the salon inside of my local Walmart, they were were doing a buy one, get another one 50% off on this product.

I had to wait quite a good while before more came in stock, because when they had first put it on sale, the leave in sold out in a relatively short amount of time.

So, I put up with waiting for more to come in stock. One day, I happen to pass the salon and look inside and saw the female working inside there putting more of the leave in on the shelves. I purchased the biggest bottle they offered, along with the normal sized bottle.

First off, I do not use this on my hair every week. I may use it every 2weeks or so. This is one product, I don't recommend being heavy handed with no matter how thick or long your hair is. As, you will end up going through a lot of product way too fast that way.

I wear my hair naturally curly, I have regular steam treatments done on my hair, and I use direct heat (flatirons and blowdryers) on my hair very infrequently. I do use both natural and non-natural products on my hair. As long as my hair agrees with a product, then that's all that matters to me.

I do own quite a lot if haircare products in my stash (that I am currently working to get down), but my current regimen really is a pretty simple one. I use Shea Moisture's Curl and Shine Shampoo, deep condition with Shea Moisture's Anti Breakage Masque, apply It's a 10 sparingly all throughout my hair or sometimes skip this step and go straight to applying my Mixed Chicks Leave In to my soaking wet hair, section by section, making sure to thoroughly detangle each section as I go through. When I am finished, I let my hair air dry. At night, I put a little bit of the Mixed Chicks Replenishing Oil on my hair and on my scalp for moisture. I will do this maybe 1-2 times a week. I only wash my hair every 5-7 days. At night, I will wear my satin bonnet, even though I also sleep on satin pillowcases, or I will pull my hair back into a low ponytail to prepare my head for going to bed. In the morning when I want to refresh my curls, I take a small amount of the Mixed Chicks Leave In and apply it to any areas of my head that need re-touching. And, that's it.

I will admit that the exact products that I use in my regimen are subject to change, but I continue to remain faithful to sticking with as simple a hair care regimen as simple.

I do consider the It's a 10 Leave In to be a luxury item, due to it's high price tag. If you can afford it, then by all means, I say go for it. But, if it's not in your budget, then that's OK too. As, there are a lot of other leave ins on the market that cost less and probably give you good results just the same.

It's a 10 Leave In doesn't magically transform your hair overnight. It helps with increasing the overall health of one's hair through continued usage. Also, it doesn't have the best smell to it, nor does it have the least. As, its scent falls right in-between the two. I choose to deal with it. But, for some, I can see it being a turnoff.

on 5/14/2014 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got this as a deluxe sample at an Ulta grand opening - they were basically giving the trial-sized bottles ($13) away. That's the only reason I got to try it because good god it is expensive. Way outside of my price range! The 4 oz bottle is $22! With daily use that MIGHT get you three weeks, depending on the length and thickness of your hair of course. Price is why I said I would not buy again.

That being said, I do like this stuff a lot. It allows me to air-dry my hair and not absolutely hate it. It makes my hair very soft and not feel like straw/itchy/tangly without blow-drying, which nothing else ever has quite so effectively (and my hair is actually quite healthy). It also does well to smooth it out and straighten my natural wave bit too. I just sprayed it on on hot lazy evenings when I didn't want to blow-out and that was the only product I would use. Then I would style my hair as usual in the morning.

If you've got money to burn and hair that you want to feel soft without being weighed down or any feeling of stickiness, this stuff is legit. (If you don't have the money to burn, try the Loreal Evercreme Leave-in Spray, it's a pretty good alternate!)

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I got this product as a free sample from my local Ulta store. I was kind of skeptical at first because not all free samples are that great, but I'm glad I used it. I have thin, slightly damaged hair that has been bleached a couple times and deep conditioner barely helps. When I use It's A 10 after I towel dry my hair, my hair is soft and manageable all day even after I style it using my flat iron. It doesn't weigh my hair down or leave a greasy residue and the smell is great. I would definitely recommend this product to people! It works GREAT!

on 5/6/2014 5:58:00 PM

I was recommended to use this by a family friend who is a hairdresser. Is it nice? Yes, it does seem to help my hair lie down and behave. I have a little past bra strap hair and I do at least 5 spritzes to my hair and it doesn't weigh it down (very fine, straight hair, easily greasy), but I had to take off a lippie because it's not amazing as a leave in. I like the lavender hair oil from Dr Bronner's much better, although admittedly I do not use heat on my hair, so I'm not looking for heat protection. The other lippie I took off was for the smell- this plasticky smell that lingers in my hair for at least a day. It's not a deal breaker for me, I'm going to finish the bottle, but not anything I'm going to buy once I'm done with the sample size. Other silicone serums didn't smell like this, so I don't think it's the silicone.

on 5/4/2014 11:13:00 AM

I have to say this product is my absolute favorite in my hair routine! I use this after showering and it makes my hair so soft,silky, shiny, bouncy and it brightens up my highlights. I normally leave my hair in a towel for like 15 minutes after shower then apply my agadir argan oil and blow dry my roots a little. Then let my hair air dry for a little bit before applying this stuff. I spray a few pumps in my hand for each side of hair and comb through. Talk about silk!! I love this stuff and will repurchase it over and over snf over . Dont spray too much or you'll have a headache and some heavy hair. Just use a tiny tiny little bit is all you'll need for gorgeous hair!!! Trial and error

on 5/2/2014 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have mixed feeling with this stuff. 2 of my friends swore by it and they know the crazy mane im dealing with. I figured this would do the trick to tame the wild beast living on my head. Eh. So I washed and conditioned my hair, then sprayed this on my hair while damp. I definitely noticed as I ran my fingers through to spread it evenly that my hair felt conditioned. As it dried I did see that my frizzies weren't as crazy but still frizzies to say the least and my hair was softer but nothing special. And the smell I cannot stand, nor can I even explain what it smells like. Its weird. warning: do notttttt use too much cause as it dries you'll notice your hair feels sticky and waxy, it happened to me and I just had to rinse it out. And its waaaaay too expensive. I can understand if this actually did everything it claims, but it does not. This may work quite well for medium to fine textured hair but for people with coarse frizzy manes like mine this is not the bees knees.

on 4/24/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

IT REEKS! Sprayed it on and I had the worst headache ever... ALL DAY. Can't appreciate anything with that repulsive odor. Sorry but YUCK!!! Seriously, wasn't smell a factor during the testing phase of this product?

on 4/18/2014 8:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It's a 0! This product was useless for my hair. Luckily, I received a free 2 oz. trial size bottle, so I don't have to deal with the hassle of returning it. I'd been wanting to try this product for months after hearing about all the good reviews, and seeing it in stores constantly. This had absolutely no effect on my dry, fine hair. I even applied WAY more than the recommended amount, and still my hair looked dry, unsmooth and there was so added shine. If you do succumb to trying this crap, please get the sample/trial size first!

on 4/11/2014 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's a very good product that I've been using on myself and clients for the last few months. Since my first 4oz "sample", I've bought another 4oz and a 10oz bottle. My clients love it, and I love it. I would use it daily because my hair benefited from it so much. My hair is all over black with bleached blonde bangs. Heat protectors were not helping the blonde whatsoever, until I started using this product. Recently, I had to quit using the product because it gives me migraine headaches with my scalp feeling very sensitive in the area it was used most. I'm still feeling the sensation from the overuse of this product, so Be VERY careful using this product! Overall, I would strongly recommend this amazing hair care product!

on 4/8/2014 10:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have mermaid long, straight, ashy blonde, dry hair. I bought a big bottle of this crap thinking I couldn't go wrong with everyone loving it. It did nothing. It did not add shine, did not smooth, did not moisturize. I sprayed more on the ends, thinking maybe I needed more. Just made my hair sticky. It also smells awful, and gets really gross on the nozzle. I've been using it on and off for maybe a half a year now. Nope, my mind hasn't changed. Perhaps the one +keratin is better , but now I don't want to waste any more money on it just in case it sucks just as much. :(