MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 1/14/2015 11:34:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This has become one of my favourite foundations .
This foundation Goes on the skin very supple and moisturize looking , it's light coverage but build able to a medium . If you use one coat of this foundation it will only cover some redness & make the skin look A-little more even , If you use two coats of this foundation it will cover your redness and even out your face with a natural look , bumps and some acne issues will still be a little noticeable though ( if you have any ofcourse ) ..

The pros about this foundation is ..

- The packaging is cute , it reminds me of a Mini Baby bottle lol ..

- It's water resistant

- it can be used on your body ( I don't recommend if you are wearing white though , I just blend the foundation down my neck )

- it's great for the winter time , especially if you have dry skin or combination skin ( I'm combination Oily-normal but can sometimes be alittle dry around my nose in the winter . )

- it's super natural looking and blend-able

- they have a great shade section

- it's a water based foundation so it won't give you bad acne.

- it makes your skin look moisturized .

- You can feel the foundation setting on your face as your blending it out . ( which is rare that you feel a light coverage foundation with a dewy finish setting on your face ) ..

- it doesn't become blotchy after awhile ( basically holds up really good for a light coverage foundation )

The Con about this product is ..

- after having this foundation on for awhile it will get alittle sticky ( if you have oily skin and didn't use a good primer )

- You have to shake it for 20seconds before each use and before each coat if adding more then one coat .

- it oxidizes in the face in a natural way ( I like it but others may not , the foundation does not get darker it just sinks into the skin giving it a more glowy luminous look ) .

- Your brush can get clumpy if you use it too much with this foundation without cleaning your brush .

Shade info .

It's very easy to match your self to this foundation line .. However be careful because it can still turn out ashy/grey or yucky looking if it's the wrong shade or isn't close to your shade .

I'm a NC40 - NC35 and I use the shade C4 in M.A.C face and body foundation ..

If your a NC44 - NC42 or a NC45 then C5 would be your shade , or C6 .

If your a NC30 then C3 would be for you .

If your NC25 then C3 would still probably be for you and if your a NC20 then C2 would be your shade .

I'm sure you guys get the point the lower the number the lighter the shade . The higher the number the deeper the shade .

Extra Info ..
I recommend using a buffing brush , stippling brush or a flat top kabuki brush for the best results and a more coverage look . I DONT RECOMMEND using a Sponge or your hands because it's a very light watery foundation , the sponge will suck it up and your hands will thin out the foundation MORE with the body heat . Causing you to get less product or a less coverage , I only recommend using your hands if you want a REALLY light coverage .

If you want to use this foundation because you like the moisturized supple or the dewy look BUT want to get a FULL coverage look out of this , I recommend Concealing/Correcting first and then using this foundation with a dense brush . ( flat top kabuki brush , buffing brush or good quality stippling brush ) .

All though this foundation is moisturizing I recommend STILL USING A PRIMER or a light moisturizer for the best results .

I will definitely repurchase this foundation , I never expected to like it so much considering the fact I like medium - Full coverage foundations ( no I don't have acne issues I just like having the option of being able to wear my foundation at a medium coverage - full coverage whenever I desire and because I like a flawless finish/Look . ) But this foundation really caught me by surprise .. i actually only bought this foundation out of a risk , I wanted to try something different and new , and I'm glad I did , def worth the money . :)

( OH AND the cost of this foundation is the same amount as the studio fix fluid foundation )

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation! This is what I hoped a BB cream would be for me: very moisturizing and slightly more pigmented than sheer.

This provides a dewy finish, which is better for me than a matte formula as my skin has a tendency to dry out especially in the winter. I enjoy the moisturizing qualities of this foundation, as my heavier Lancome foundations are starting to emphasize my fine lines that I am developing as I age. The trade off with this formula is that I do not find it has the lasting power as heavier foundations, and it stays best if I set it with a powder. I usually try to avoid powder with my dry skin (again, as it emphasizes and settles into my fine lines), but I find it looks okay when paired with this foundation. I also find that I am going through my bottle of this foundation faster than I do with heavier foundations, because I both have to layer it and use a decent amount of it to actually cover my face.

I bought this in N1, though I probably could have also gotten away with NC1 which I tried as a sample. NC1 was slightly more yellowy on my skin tone, but it didn't look bad either. The product is so sheer that it is easy to blend in.

on 1/12/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this in C1 and C2. I mix both together in the winter when I am paler. This is a nice light weight foundation that just looks like skin. I have not tried building it up for fuller coverage as I use a separate foundation for full coverage. I have super dry skin in the winter and it does not become flakey or cakey at all.

on 1/11/2015 1:49:00 AM

After trying every foundation out there for the past 2 years I finally settled on this one. Why?

- skin-like, invisible texture
- sheer-light coverage
- works with my dry-very dry skin
- does not settle into lines
- does not accentuate flakes
- does not irritate my sensitive skin
- perfect shade match (C1 matches my NC20-NC23 olive skin tone)
- stays put all day
- gives skin a youthful glow

The only two cons about this foundation are the application and the slightly tacky, shiny finish. I need to rub the foundation on the palm of my hand before applying in order to thicken it and get coverage. This takes more effort than applying it straight up from a tube. It also leaves my skin a bit tacky and shiny. To fix this, I let the formula set for a couple of minutes, then I press the skin with the palms of my hands in order to take away some of the tackiness and extra shine. So it takes a lot more time and effort to apply this foundation, but the final result is very much worth it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I think this product is slowly but surely becoming my favourite MAC product !!
When I first tried this foundation I didn't love it! the coverage wasn't great. Only to find I wasn't using this product CORRECTLY!!! And most girls could be forgiven for not doing so as we all know when visiting our local MAC counter especially on a late night or weekend the traffic can be mental and the poor girls working the counter can be forgiven for missing this vital step although detrimental to the APPLICATION of this product.
The colours are quiet lovely in comparison to the studio fixes and if you are one of those girls who changes colour with the season you could purchase C7 And C1 like my room mate and mix as little or as much of the two to achieve the perfect colour. Now to the APPLICATION forget your brushes, beauty blenders and miracle face wands they won't help you here as it's time to go back to basics and use the little sausages attached to your palms (fingers especially clean ones) now if you like a light coverage work this product into the skin with your digits and straight away you will feel the product (which is very liquidy) start to thicken just like magic. Now for all those girls who said this was a non existent coverage shock horror it can be built up if you then add another layer using the same method. Conceal any other areas you have issues with your skin because most foundations could be forgiven for not covering every blemish or under eye bag.
Pros-
Size of the product and the amount.
Price.
Colour range.
Overall finish (if your looking for an every day makeup)
It feels lovely on the skin.
Doesn't make me oily (thank The Lord!)
Cons-
I think most cons of this product can be ironed out if you use it correctly.

100% would buy this again (or steal from my room mate)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I used this foundation as my everyday foundation a few years ago. It's very light and water based so does not have much coverage. It's not very long lasting but due to the size of the bottle it's a great investment for everyday use. I told my friend about this and she is still using it 5 years later! If you have good skin what not oily then this would be perfect for you.

on 1/1/2015 4:49:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, but it just wasn't the foundation for me. I have this colour in C1 and while the colour matched perfectly, the coverage itself was too light. It was easy to apply, being slightly more liquidy than what I am used to, however it was too sheer to be an every day foundation for me. It is comfortable to wear and feels very light, and it does not dry out my skin, nor make it oily. However, I rarely reach for this product and would not repurchase, however if you are only after a very light coverage, then this product may be the one for you. :)

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!! MAC SA suggested this in N1 when I told her I was looking for something light to wear that didn't settle into pores and wrinkles and would work underneath my Studio Fix powder foundation. I have combo/oily skin, mild redness in cheeks occasionally, a few early signs of aging.

I feel this gives the perfect amount of coverage for evening out skintone. Better coverage than most BB creams and tinted moisturizers for sure. Honestly, I was surprised at how happy I was with the coverage, I think sometimes we think our skin is worse than it actually is. I do have a small broken capillary and dark undereye circles that need concealer.

The truly interesting thing about this foundation is that although it does become a more skin like/satin finish, it does not seem to fade or rub off throughout the day!!!
Even though I have combo skin and wear glasses, it did not seem to wear off around my nose like most foundations do once the oil starts to breakthrough. To me, this is what differentiates this from drugstore foundations that are more natural/light coverage-they fade and rub off rather quickly. This does not.

PROS:
-feels like nothing on
-gives the face a very healthy, dimensional look. You probably won't need to use as much contour/blush with this product.
-does not settle in lines/accentuate pores
-does not oxidize to strange shades of peach/pink/banana yellow
-color match was great. I wear n4 in studio fix powder foundation, previously had the Matchmaster 1.0 and it was nice but a little too pale and then next was up was too yellow.
-can use finger to apply and still looks awesome. Easy to blend.
-very minimal transfer/fading throughout the day.

CONS:
- Oil breakthrough. Not a matte finish.
- Has a citrus-y scent, not unpleasant but would like it better without one.
-Maybe not be the best for travelling since it is not a pump or a tube, occasionally some foundation leaks out of the nozzle tip.
-Would not recommend for summertime/dancing, would probably look too greasy

This is also a good product to mix in with any SPF items that you find too drying or give you white-face. I have been applying this over a light daytime serum and then using powder to blot when needed. Even though I've always preferred matter finish, med/full coverage foundations, I find as I get older they look fake and too heavy in the daytime and I only wear the for night out/special events. This makes my skin look smooth and healthy. Even though I have combo skin and wear glasses this doesn't rub off or wear down, blotting is essential though.

This will be my go to foundation for fall/winter. Would recommend to most, except those who are very oily or have more acne or discoloration issues that need heavier coverage. HTH!

on 12/25/2014 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have struggled with awful acne all of my adolescent life. Everything broke me out and exacerbated my all ready numerous amount of pimples. I have tried probably over 50 different brands of liquid foundation(drugstore/sephora/ulta) and they have all made my acne worse. So finally I decided to try Face and Body because of the good reviews I've read on this site. This is the only liquid foundation that doesn't break me out. And my shade (n2) is perfect.
***It IS tricky to apply. But I figured out that applying it with my fingers was the best way.
I start by dropping a pea size amount on the back of my hand, then I briefly rub the foundation in a circle.
Next I dip my fingertip(s) into it and apply it to my face by blending it in a circular motion. Once it's blended properly it will have a slight dragging feeling to it, almost like it's too difficult to blend. When I get to that part I blend it downwards. And I usually do this on one section of my face at a time because if you rub it in all at once it will look less natural.

I bought my 50mL bottle at Nordstroms for $27, which I mean, for the amount is very reasonable.

Pros:
-the most skin-like foundation
-doesn't break you out
-build-able
-variety of shades

Cons:
-Won't cover big red pimples or very dark acne scars.

UPDATE 12/31/14: I was using l'Oreal true match superblendable concealer crayon on top of this, but I stopped using the concealer because it was breaking me out very badly.

on 12/8/2014 7:01:00 PM

If you're looking for a foundation with a lot of coverage then this is NOT for you. It's very sheer but buildable and gives you a natural glow. It evens out your skin nice and i really like it! It stays on very long but me with combinated skin has to set it on my T-zone. It's perfect for the summer as it's very light/thin on the skin.