September 1, 2014 | 2239 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never thought I would enjoy this foundation but I've been loving it. I'm NC45 and I use a combo of C6 and C7. Because the coverage is sheer I tend to wear this on good skin days.

I apply with my fingers or a brush depending on mood. The foundation is very watery and doesn't move well on skin so I do go through a fair bit of it. Using fingers will extend your blending time but I get a touch more coverage with a dense brush. You can layer this endlessly without looking cakey but I've never achieved more than light coverage so I have to conceal in spots.

I find this most useful for giving an even glow to the skin. It doesn't transfer but it starts to fade after the hour 8 mark - note I set with powder to reduce glow and a setting spray for durability. Overall I love this and will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This does look like glowing, healthy skin, with no shimmer, just a dewy look. It does not settle into dry lines and appears to have hydrated my skin slightly. I use N5 which is a match for NW35. This is good for those no makeup days, or days in which one wants to have skin look less dry, such as in winter. The eye dropper tip makes it easy to squeeze too much out though. Great for summer. if looking for a body foundation, this is a great deal for the bigger bottle.

A lot of people compare it to MUFE F&B:
I also have MUFE face and body, which I think looks a little dewier with slightly more coverage. And I mean *slightly* more coverage. This foundation also gives the look of perfectly moisturized, healthy glowing skin. I prefer this one to Mac, but if wearing on the body, mac is cheaper, making it a steal. This is a pump bottle. Great for winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Why, oh why, does EVERY MAC product make me break out??? I think this is an excellent product but it causes an "eruption" w/in a few hours on me. For those of you lucky enough to wear this w/ no problems, I'm truly jealous!!!

This is the most natural looking foundation that I have ever tried. You can't even tell that it's on your skin yet it magically evens everything out. I am an NC20-25 & C2 is my best color (C1 was too light).

Positives: light, natural looking, tons of shades to choose from, non-drying, doesn't cling to dry patches

Negatives: packaging (IMO-big, ugly & cheap-looking), can oxidize if not set w/ powder, can sometimes get greasy-looking in areas

If you've experienced break-outs from MAC's products before definitely get a sample of this before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by aznenvazen

I think I've found my HG! I do admit, for the most part, I have clear skin, hardly any discoloration, hardly any imperfections, so it doesn't take much to please me, BUT surprisingly, I don't like A LOT of foundations! I'd say, my biggest issues I have are these bumps that are scattered across my nose and under my eyes. They're not freckles, but rather flesh colored moles? I LOATH them! Thanks to great return policies, I've been able to try many brands and many lines, and decided to try out this F&B stuff. I've noticed heavy/full coverage just piles on top of the bumps and accentuate them more. I hate feeling like I have makeup on! And I hate having to worry about transfer. With the F&B, you put it on and go. No worries through the day, I forget I have makeup on and get pleasantly surprised when a picture of me shows up and I don't look like a savage beast. They camouflage my bumps without bringing more attention (that's the point of camouflage right?)

I use a beauty blender to apply on top of a moisturizer and primer. I buff out any perfections with a brush. And out I go.

I don't notice a scent. It's a watery consistency, but way better than that nude magic stuff. The packaging is nice, easy to control how much to squeeze out. I do use enough to be considered a medium coverage and I feel that I still look natural. But that's objectional. Overall, I love this stuff! Wish I bought a bigger bottle!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I hate to give a product a bad review when it is so well liked, but this just didn't work for me.

I wanted to try this for so long based on the great reviews of it, so I eventually got a large sample in the shade C1. I am an NC15 with neutral to warm undertones. C1 was perhaps a tiny bit too dark and yellow, (and in hindsight I perhaps should have got a sample of N1) but this foundation has little to no coverage so I couldn't even tell there was a color difference after applying anyway.

I have uneven skin and dark undereye circles and this foundation did not cover anything at all. I applied about 5 layers under my eyes trying to get my dark circjes even slightly covered, but no. This foundation is so sheer that all it does is leave my face extremely shiny. I don't normally mind a slight shine (I prefer a slight glow to very matte) but this was excessive. For reference my skin is dry on my cheeks and undereye area and very oily on my nose and chin. I have melasma on my forehead which has faded a lot due to diligent treatment. Of course this did not cover even my faded melasma, just gave me a shiny finish.

I had heard so many good things about this foundation and it was a complete disappointment. I am glad that I had only a sample and not a full bottle. I wouldn't ever consider purchasing a bottle of this. I need more coverage and less shine. This foundation would be perfect for those with clear, even skin, but I have way too many imperfections to even consider purchasing this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ikraa94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. This was the first liquid foundation I've ever tried and I can't find anything I like more than it. I've tried multiple other foundations and I always come back to this. I wouldn't recommend this foundation to anyone with oily skin because of the dewy finish. I have dry skin. I would also recommend if you're buying the huge bottle to get one shade lighter because it'll oxidized if it's left sitting for to long. A tip for application, for anyone who says it doesn't set I put primer then the foundation then do my brows, eyes, whatever and then come back to set it with powder and it works well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff has been great. Bought it to try a month or two ago while on Accutane as my skin has been too dry for powder foundations. I bought the small bottle because I was unsure how I'd like it, never having used it before. The packaging is great, you can definitely control the amount you use and it's easy to use to the very end.

I love the lightweight formula and the soft scent, the coverage is sheer but buildable. I find that I usually have to go back and dot concealer onto scars and problem areas, but I would have had to do that with any foundation I think. If you want full coverage this is not for you, but this foundation is great if you don't like a super-thick formula and don't mind supplementing on sparse areas with a concealer.
The biggest con for me is the shine. It's SUPER SHINY like makes you look like you slathered chicken grease on your face - a lot more than a subtle dewy sheen. I wouldn't recommend this if you're super oily, I would have hated this formula before Accutane dried my skin out. Luckily I had some blotting powder - Shiseido Matifying Compact Oil-free - that I dust over the liquid as a setting powder that helps mattify the finish and it looks much nicer.

Rated 4/5 because of the shine, overall a great foundation. Might purchase again if my skin remains somewhat dry after Accutane.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by allonsy

This is cult favorite product for a reason, it's awesome! I think the best way to apply this is with your fingers because it starts off really sheer, but the more you work it into your skin, the tackier it gets and the more you can build up the coverage, then once it truly sets it's relatively transfer resistant. It will make your skin glow!! I would just be careful with a product like this that you cleanse really well at the end of the day. It doesn't just sit on the surface of your skin, it really sinks it and that's why it looks so beautiful and natural. Makes your legs look awesome too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only foundation I will use from MAC. I find this is the only foundation in their line that isn't too pink or too yellow, it matches perfectly. I love in the summer I can wear a sheer finish and in winter I can build it up more and it still looks great. The only thing I find is over time, when I take the lid off, the product has leaked out in the cap. Other than this I still love it and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by emilyboswall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have seen this foundation been hyped up about a lot, and I seriously don't know what all the fuss is about! Yeah, its a good foundation and suits dry skin well but expensive for what it is, as I find it really doesn't cover much (why should we spend money on no result?) but...it has a extremely dewy finish and no matter how much you put on it has no cakiness and doesn't feel like its 'weighing you down'. I can't wait until it is summer, as I think this foundation suits lazy days in the sun (also contains spf) when you don't want to feel covered in foundation. I personally think the packaging is crap for the price as it is just a plastic bottle and the top gets really messy. I probably wouldn't' buy this again as it doesn't give enough coverage, but may suit you well if you have nice skin and no redness or spots (I literally mean perfect as it is such a low coverage!) Hope that helped you decide! X