MAC Matte2 - Blanc Type

4.7

on 2/3/2011 3:39:00 AM

I bought this product because of the rave reviews and I'm utterly disappointed in it. Whilst it is pigmented, I don't feel like it has very good staying power and I also find it to be very chalky. The colour is a matte off-white and whilst it is very smooth and blendable, I just think this is nothing more than a glorified face powder in eyeshadow form. It is quite chalky and again, the staying power is lacking.

I'm an NC15 but I think for somebody darker than NC/NW25 this could work really well as a highlight, it just didn't work for me.

Instead, I purchased a MUFE shadow and the quality was far superiour to Blanc Type. Definitely check those out before purchasing this if you can.

on 2/2/2011 1:13:00 AM

After all the good reviews, I was convinced to purchase this instead of Vanilla. The color is great, the pigment it great, but the consistency is horrible. It's very thick and cakey looking on the lid. Even using a 224 it looks like old caked powder on my eyelids and I found it impossible to blend with another color underneath. It just too thick. So I'm returning this for vanilla. with the 35 eyeshadows I have from MAC none of them have this awful consistency and thickness. Going back.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I'll keep this short and sweet
Creamy consistency
I use this as a highlighter when I don't want any more shimmer
I use it over my liquid eye base to help blending. Works amazingly
Bought the pan for $11. Not too pricy

Buy this shadow!

on 1/5/2011 11:26:00 PM

I'm absolutely thrilled that I finally purchased this shade. It's the perfect neutral creamy beige that is becoming a regular staple in my daily make-up looks. The pigmentation is excellent and the texture for being a matte finish is very creamy and smooth. Works well as either an all over shadow, a hi-light colour, and even on the lid. Being a neutral it's extremely versatile and pairs pretty much with every other shadow in my collection.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Such versatile eyeshadow! I love this for the brow bone for any makeup look I'm wearing whether it be neutral, dark or colour. I love pulling this down into my crease colour for a really nice transition of colour on my eye. I also love this as an all over lid colour with brown for a neutral work look and as an all over wash of colour. Definitely recommend having this in your collection of MAC eyeshadows. I will repurchase and always own this shade!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow SO MUCH ! This eyeshadow is extremely creamy and pigmented. When I apply this, I barely let my MAC 239 shader brush touch the product because it picks up so much color! Blanc Type is also very blendable, so if you do happen to apply too much then you can just blend it. I will definitely repurchase this!

on 12/24/2010 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this shadow and I use it daily on my lash line and on my water line to widen my eyes. When I tried this at my MAC counter I was not sure how I would feel about it because it looked a little to chalky for my liking but after getting it home and using it with other ES I fell deeply in love with the color and texture. This is deff a staple item for me!!

on 12/21/2010 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a great matte highlighter that can be applied over the whole lid under darker shadows or just to the browbone. It's a warm, light beige that is not at all chalky and blends easily (due to the matte2 formula).
This is a must-have for anyone who uses matte shadows.

This is my absolute favorite browbone highlight in the world
No matter if I do neutrals or smokey eyes this is always my go to highliter along with brle from WnW so if you're looking for a DS dupe WnW color icon in brle is awesome :)
I tend to steer towards matte highlights because I detest the way a shimmery highlight like nylon/ ricepaper look on me yet I hate how vanilla is pretty chalky so I tried out blac type and absolutely loved it's formulation matte2 is amazing definitely would repurchase

PROS: Love. Perfect highlight for my n15 (leaning to nc) skin. I like a subtle, non shimmer highlight. I used to use Bobbi Brown's White, but this is even better; a more subtle color than white, but still quite light. MAC calls it "creamy beige." I would say it's a very light cream. Very pigmented, but blendable and smooth. (MAC puts it in the "Matte 2" category of finishes.)

CONS: None for me.

*****The third pic. above does not accurately depict the color.*****