October 25, 2014 | 1836 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Blanc Type

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeshadow SO MUCH ! This eyeshadow is extremely creamy and pigmented. When I apply this, I barely let my MAC 239 shader brush touch the product because it picks up so much color! Blanc Type is also very blendable, so if you do happen to apply too much then you can just blend it. I will definitely repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by PaigeB143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shadow and I use it daily on my lash line and on my water line to widen my eyes. When I tried this at my MAC counter I was not sure how I would feel about it because it looked a little to chalky for my liking but after getting it home and using it with other ES I fell deeply in love with the color and texture. This is deff a staple item for me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by emivnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great matte highlighter that can be applied over the whole lid under darker shadows or just to the browbone. It's a warm, light beige that is not at all chalky and blends easily (due to the matte2 formula).
This is a must-have for anyone who uses matte shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by beautyblossoms

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite browbone highlight in the world
No matter if I do neutrals or smokey eyes this is always my go to highliter along with brle from WnW so if you're looking for a DS dupe WnW color icon in brle is awesome :)
I tend to steer towards matte highlights because I detest the way a shimmery highlight like nylon/ ricepaper look on me yet I hate how vanilla is pretty chalky so I tried out blac type and absolutely loved it's formulation matte2 is amazing definitely would repurchase

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Love. Perfect highlight for my n15 (leaning to nc) skin. I like a subtle, non shimmer highlight. I used to use Bobbi Brown's White, but this is even better; a more subtle color than white, but still quite light. MAC calls it "creamy beige." I would say it's a very light cream. Very pigmented, but blendable and smooth. (MAC puts it in the "Matte 2" category of finishes.)

CONS: None for me.

*****The third pic. above does not accurately depict the color.*****

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a matte neutral cream/off-white shadow, and, based on its reviews, Blanc Type seemed to be just what I wanted. I ordered it online, and when it arrived, I was somewhat put off by its peachiness in the pan. Also, it's not quite as light as I wanted, for a browbone highlight on my NW15 skin.

However, once I applied Blanc Type, I was more favorably impressed. It seemed to lose its peachy leanings, and look more neutral, almost like a matte version of Shore Leave. Blanc Type has good pigmentation, with only a *very* sliiiight tendency toward chalkiness if applied too heavily.

Today, I used Stila Grace on the lid, Stila Tone in the crease, and Blanc Type in the inner corners and on brow bones. This combination made for a polished almost-matte (Grace has a hint of shimmer) browned plum design that makes my green eyes pop, and held up nicely for hours on my oily lids.

I'll probably try Bobbi Brown Bone next time, instead of repurchasing Blanc Type.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In my search for a reasonably priced off-white shadow, this one is the best I came across (thanks, in part, to the message boards here). It's just a bit lighter than my lids, so in the AM when I'm in a rush to get to work I can swipe it on and even out my lid color. It's quite pigmented and blends smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

this is WHY I LOVE Makeupalley.com !!!

i read good reviews on this, i went to mac store and tired it.
OMG !!! i have searched for a long time to find perpect color eye shadow for my under brows to hight light it. and i found it !!!!
i bought this right away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Blanc Type is a great matte highlighter if you have fair to light skin. I much prefer matte highlights to shimmery ones, so I had to give this a try. It's a matte^2 formula, so it's very soft and blendable and has good color payoff. On my skin, it pulls just a tiny bit pink even though it's a cream color with yellow tones. It's not a bad thing, but I prefer my old standby highlight Revlon Vintage Lace a little more because it won't pull pink. However, it's nice to have a magnetized round pan highlighter shade that I can throw into a quad and take with me on trips or wherever. I'd say if you're on the market for a good matte highlight and you prefer round pans over single pots, definitely check this out. However, if you are on a budget and don't mind single pots, check out Revlon Vintage Lace instead. The quality is just as good and you get more product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by jaymief

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this as a highlight color. What really sold me was the consistency which applies and blends like butter! So smooth. I love MACs matte2 formulas.