Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

4.2

Olive Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Grape Seed Oil, PEG-25 Glyceryl Trioleate, Macadamia Seed Oil, Kukui Seed Oil, Sweet Orange Peel Oil, Lavandin Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Cedarwood Bark Oil, Patchouli Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Australian Sandalwood Oil, Sandalwood Bark Oil, Linalool, Limonene, Sorbitan Trioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate

on 2/12/2011 3:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Product: I have been using this product for about two or three weeks now. This is the first time I have used a cleansing oil, and while it was a bit of a hurdle to get used to applying a product without water, I have actually really been enjoying using this. Origins recs this for dry skin, but I find it works very well with my oily skin, too. It leaves my face soft and with no residue, and does a job of removing all traces of makeup (I do not wear 'long-wear' or waterproof products) and dirt/oil from my face. Do read the directions, though! If you don't use it right, I imagine it'd be totally ineffective.

Packaging: Very sturdy bottle. Buy the pump! Its cheap, reusable, and makes dispensing product so much easier. I use two pumps for each use, twice a day, and it looks like the bottle will easily last me a few months.

Price: Retails for about $18.50 at Origins. Considering the bottle is gonna last, I find the price average and worth it. Would definitely purchase again.

on 2/8/2011 4:12:00 PM

I am so pleased an American company has produced a cleansing oil for us non oil phobic. I am an oil based cleaner convert and this product is quite nice, priced well considering the other imported options and is full of natural ingredients. The scent has a citris base and is pleasant. The product takes off makeup with ease and rinses off after water is added.
As others have noted, a pump included with the purchase of the bottle would be a plus.

on 2/6/2011 4:55:00 PM

I'm on a fence about this product. On one it's gentle and not drying, on the other it really doesn't really remove makeup all that well. I occasionally wear Revlon Colorstay and after massaging this all over my skin for about a minute and rinsing it off, there is still quite a lot of foundation left behind. Now, I probably wouldn't know that if I didn't follow up with my Caudalie cleansing water, which can get the last traces of anything off like nothing else out there. Seeing that this oil has such great reviews, I am wondering if most reviewers just think their skin is clean, when it reality it isn't. Believe me, I was shocked to see my cotton pad with yellow residue on it after using the micellar solution, since my skin looked clean in the mirror after using the oil.
All in all, not a bad product and I will try to finish the bottle, but I much prefer Dermalogica Precleanse to this, despite the efty price tag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is hands-down the best make-up remover I've ever used. With my oily, acne-prone skin, I avoid any cleanser that looks like it might provoke a breakout, and oily products are not for me. I work long hours and wear foundation all day long sometimes, so was looking for a good cleanser to get all the gunk off at night. Although I was terrified of using cleansing oil, the staff at an Origins store in Hong Kong encouraged me to try Clean Energy and the packaging and bright colour were so appealing that I risked it.

Clean Energy actually does take off ALL your makeup - even stubborn, dark eye makeup - in one fell swoop. It leaves a glow on your skin as well. I love that I don't need cotton swipes to wipe off the product after use, water is just fine. I usually follow it up with a bit of Origins' A Perfect World foaming cleanser just to ensure all the oil's off (am a bit paranoid - this step is not really necessary, especially if you don't have oily skin) and voila, unbelievably clean, fresh skin. One bottle lasts several months (about four to five months of steady use) and while I do have a pump, I tend to use the product straight from the bottle (the screw cap makes it easier to carry when travelling as well, as opposed to the pump).

Will repurchase, without a doubt.

on 1/21/2011 9:27:00 PM

I bought this because I was looking for an alternative to DHC's Cleansing Oil. It's safe to say this is a great dupe.

First off: The package is horrible. Transfer it to a spray or squirt bottle, it will make your life easier and save you more product.

When life get's busy, this is a great cleanser to grab for your everything needs.

For make-up cleanser: This is comparable to DHC's oil. It removes the most difficult of all make-up's like waterproof eyeliner and lipstick stains.

For a facial cleanser: This is great for taking off the dirt and oil from your face.

For brush cleaner: Because it's oil based, I feel it's safe enough for me to use on my brushes without drying them out.

Notes: This is not to replace your 'target' cleansers... for example you should use an exfoliation scrub/cleanser ones a week. This does not replace that.
If you use a cleanser for your special oily skin, this does not replace that.
But then again, it can't possibly do EVERYTHING.

This is a great, all around, multi-purpose cleanser.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Let me first say, that I rarely use this as a face wash. I normally use this as a makeup remover followed by a cleanser. It works fantastic for that purpose and emulsifies all traces of my face makeup and any leftover eye makeup that wasn't removed by my Bioderma Sensibio. I prefer oils and balms to remove makeup since they can really break down the pigments and are soft enough to start loosen up the dirties in the pores. If I'm tired at the end of the day and just want to get to bed, I use this twice followed by a moisturizer with no problems. I leaves my skin soft, clean, and hydrated. It might not be a miracle working as far as a cleanser, but it's a great basic oil cleanser. Very gentle as well. I find that removing it with a muslin cloth works best. As a makeup remover, I really love it. I alternate between this and my Clinique Take Off the Day Balm. I do prefer Clinique since it lasts me a lot longer, but the Clean Energy DEFINITELY rinses so much cleaner. Great for travel so you don't have to carry eye makeup remover, face makeup remover, and cleanser. The only bad thing that I have to say is that the pumps that I've bought separately (I've gone through 3 in 2 bottles) have all gone to crap very quickly. I'm not rough with them, but they still stop pumping! It may be bad luck, but I just end up pouring it into my hand causing me to use way more than I would like. Considering I just bought a brand new Clinique Balm, I may not repurchase soon, but it's on my list of products that I've loved, so I'm sure that I'll pick up another bottle in the future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am SO happy I stumbled upon this!! It is by far the best cleanser I have ever used and just sad for my skins sake that I hadn't found this sooner. I've tried everything under the sun for my combo acne-prone skin and it all came up short until I used this.
I'd read that using oil based cleansers was the miraculous secret to beautiful soft skin but I feared the oil would clog my acne prone pores(common misconception as I came to find out). truth is only certain oils clog your pores(i.e. baby oil) but there are oils that are really good for your skin...even mimic our skin(i.e. jojoba).
After reading it's reviews and realizing there were other combo acne prone chikks that used and loved it I thought I'd give it a shot..and whattdaya know I have finally found my HG cleanser!
Don't be deterred by the price either because a little goes a LONG way! I bought mine 2 months ago and I've used maybe 1/8 th of it. It is an absolute deal for the price you pay...oh and be sure to ask for the pump when you buy it. I've read of ppl having to buy it so I must have scored because I got mine free :) either way I would have paid for it...its so worth it!! Don't pass this one up!!

on 12/21/2010 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is a great cleanser for anyone who uses longwear foundations or who has dry skin. I only use this at night to remove most of my makeup and then follow with regular cleanser and face cloth to get the rest of the makeup out my pores. It goes on dry skin and really starts to breakup and melt stubborn foundation and eye makeup and then when you rinse with water it foams up a bit and rinses clean without stripping your skin.
$18 is a little more than I like to spend on a cleanser but it lasts about 6 months for me and I can't find anything like it.

on 12/20/2010 5:44:00 PM

I'm really liking this cleansing oil by Origins. I love the fact that it has no nasty chemicals and uses all natural ingredients. Before, I was a huge fan of the Shu Uemura balancing cleansing oil and loved it until I heard they used mineral oil. I tried the Nude cleansing oil after that and hated the thick consistency and the fact it did a really poor job of removing my make up, no match for the Shu. Then, I tried Origin's and it really does a fantastic job of removing ALL my make up even my very stubborn eyeliner and mascara. The consistency of the oil is not too thick nor thin, just perfect. After I wash it off with water, my skin feels so baby soft, smooth and clean. Also it doesn't feel clogged in any way from the oil because when I was using Shu, I always felt I needed to do a 2nd cleanse afterwards with a gentle face wash. Good value price too, 200ml for 15 which will last at least 6 months. The Shu costed nearly 30 for only 150ml! So this is definitely more pocket friendly. The only thing is, I don't understand why we have to pay for a pump for 90p? That really should already be included, but none-the-less no biggie.

on 12/19/2010 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

When I first started using this product I loved it. It does a good job at removing makeup however, it began to strip the oils from my skin. It's the middle of winter and I know the dry and cold weather is the culprit. I will probably begin using this again when the weather isn't as drying. Because I'm a huge fan of using oils, I make my own oil based cleanser consisting of olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar.