November 27, 2014 | 1503 users online

Cleansers - Origins - Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is hands-down the best make-up remover I've ever used. With my oily, acne-prone skin, I avoid any cleanser that looks like it might provoke a breakout, and oily products are not for me. I work long hours and wear foundation all day long sometimes, so was looking for a good cleanser to get all the gunk off at night. Although I was terrified of using cleansing oil, the staff at an Origins store in Hong Kong encouraged me to try Clean Energy and the packaging and bright colour were so appealing that I risked it.

Clean Energy actually does take off ALL your makeup - even stubborn, dark eye makeup - in one fell swoop. It leaves a glow on your skin as well. I love that I don't need cotton swipes to wipe off the product after use, water is just fine. I usually follow it up with a bit of Origins' A Perfect World foaming cleanser just to ensure all the oil's off (am a bit paranoid - this step is not really necessary, especially if you don't have oily skin) and voila, unbelievably clean, fresh skin. One bottle lasts several months (about four to five months of steady use) and while I do have a pump, I tend to use the product straight from the bottle (the screw cap makes it easier to carry when travelling as well, as opposed to the pump).

Will repurchase, without a doubt.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by kittymadam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was looking for an alternative to DHC's Cleansing Oil. It's safe to say this is a great dupe.

First off: The package is horrible. Transfer it to a spray or squirt bottle, it will make your life easier and save you more product.

When life get's busy, this is a great cleanser to grab for your everything needs.

For make-up cleanser: This is comparable to DHC's oil. It removes the most difficult of all make-up's like waterproof eyeliner and lipstick stains.

For a facial cleanser: This is great for taking off the dirt and oil from your face.

For brush cleaner: Because it's oil based, I feel it's safe enough for me to use on my brushes without drying them out.

Notes: This is not to replace your 'target' cleansers... for example you should use an exfoliation scrub/cleanser ones a week. This does not replace that.
If you use a cleanser for your special oily skin, this does not replace that.
But then again, it can't possibly do EVERYTHING.

This is a great, all around, multi-purpose cleanser.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me first say, that I rarely use this as a face wash. I normally use this as a makeup remover followed by a cleanser. It works fantastic for that purpose and emulsifies all traces of my face makeup and any leftover eye makeup that wasn't removed by my Bioderma Sensibio. I prefer oils and balms to remove makeup since they can really break down the pigments and are soft enough to start loosen up the dirties in the pores. If I'm tired at the end of the day and just want to get to bed, I use this twice followed by a moisturizer with no problems. I leaves my skin soft, clean, and hydrated. It might not be a miracle working as far as a cleanser, but it's a great basic oil cleanser. Very gentle as well. I find that removing it with a muslin cloth works best. As a makeup remover, I really love it. I alternate between this and my Clinique Take Off the Day Balm. I do prefer Clinique since it lasts me a lot longer, but the Clean Energy DEFINITELY rinses so much cleaner. Great for travel so you don't have to carry eye makeup remover, face makeup remover, and cleanser. The only bad thing that I have to say is that the pumps that I've bought separately (I've gone through 3 in 2 bottles) have all gone to crap very quickly. I'm not rough with them, but they still stop pumping! It may be bad luck, but I just end up pouring it into my hand causing me to use way more than I would like. Considering I just bought a brand new Clinique Balm, I may not repurchase soon, but it's on my list of products that I've loved, so I'm sure that I'll pick up another bottle in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by LaFemmeChikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am SO happy I stumbled upon this!! It is by far the best cleanser I have ever used and just sad for my skins sake that I hadn't found this sooner. I've tried everything under the sun for my combo acne-prone skin and it all came up short until I used this.
I'd read that using oil based cleansers was the miraculous secret to beautiful soft skin but I feared the oil would clog my acne prone pores(common misconception as I came to find out). truth is only certain oils clog your pores(i.e. baby oil) but there are oils that are really good for your skin...even mimic our skin(i.e. jojoba).
After reading it's reviews and realizing there were other combo acne prone chikks that used and loved it I thought I'd give it a shot..and whattdaya know I have finally found my HG cleanser!
Don't be deterred by the price either because a little goes a LONG way! I bought mine 2 months ago and I've used maybe 1/8 th of it. It is an absolute deal for the price you pay...oh and be sure to ask for the pump when you buy it. I've read of ppl having to buy it so I must have scored because I got mine free :) either way I would have paid for it...its so worth it!! Don't pass this one up!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 7:25:00 AM More reviews by whoopiepie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser for anyone who uses longwear foundations or who has dry skin. I only use this at night to remove most of my makeup and then follow with regular cleanser and face cloth to get the rest of the makeup out my pores. It goes on dry skin and really starts to breakup and melt stubborn foundation and eye makeup and then when you rinse with water it foams up a bit and rinses clean without stripping your skin.
$18 is a little more than I like to spend on a cleanser but it lasts about 6 months for me and I can't find anything like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by emmio10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm really liking this cleansing oil by Origins. I love the fact that it has no nasty chemicals and uses all natural ingredients. Before, I was a huge fan of the Shu Uemura balancing cleansing oil and loved it until I heard they used mineral oil. I tried the Nude cleansing oil after that and hated the thick consistency and the fact it did a really poor job of removing my make up, no match for the Shu. Then, I tried Origin's and it really does a fantastic job of removing ALL my make up even my very stubborn eyeliner and mascara. The consistency of the oil is not too thick nor thin, just perfect. After I wash it off with water, my skin feels so baby soft, smooth and clean. Also it doesn't feel clogged in any way from the oil because when I was using Shu, I always felt I needed to do a 2nd cleanse afterwards with a gentle face wash. Good value price too, 200ml for 15 which will last at least 6 months. The Shu costed nearly 30 for only 150ml! So this is definitely more pocket friendly. The only thing is, I don't understand why we have to pay for a pump for 90p? That really should already be included, but none-the-less no biggie.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by theanginator

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first started using this product I loved it. It does a good job at removing makeup however, it began to strip the oils from my skin. It's the middle of winter and I know the dry and cold weather is the culprit. I will probably begin using this again when the weather isn't as drying. Because I'm a huge fan of using oils, I make my own oil based cleanser consisting of olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by nionio

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I totally agree that they should include a pump with this. However, I'm just telling myself that the pump is reuseable, so I'd only have to purchase the pump one-time. Having to purchase the pump makes me feel that Origins is cheap, and trying to make some extra money on top of the actual product... Not a good shopping experience. Thus, I gave a 4/5 on Packaging Quality.

Price is really cheap comparing to some other high end brands out there. I remember paying for my first ever cleansing oil, La Mer Cleansing Fluid. It was a totally new concept of cleansing to me, but for $65, it's just way over priced. Especially on a cleansing product, all I really expect it to do is clean my face; not like I'm expecting to see a miracle or anything. For $18.50, I'd say it's a fair price. On top of it, I'm paying for something that's got a nice quality, not cheap mineral oils that's going to clog the pores, like Shu Uemura oils.

For reference, I've tried La Mer, SK-II, Chantecaille Cleansing Milk, DHC mild cleansing oil, Shu Uemura, Shiseido, and Make Up For Ever. I'm pretty happy with Origins' at the moment, mainly because it does the job, it's very "slippery" (don't have to use a lot of product, without having to pull and tug the skin while you're massaging), it's very mild, unlike the MUFE, which it's a bit harsh for sensitive skin, and this doesn't clog pores. Lastly, the scent is just about right, not too strong, and not too offensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've only been using this product for approximately a week, and my face has drastically improved. It has a nice scent, and I'm not sure whether it's the lemon oil in it or not, but it is doing a wonderful job of fading away my red spots and a tiny scar I have, which is the hollow type. Also, I don't break out very much in the first place, but I had two pimples and it completely dried them out and a new skin has began to grow over it. I'm completely wowed by this product, not to mention that it does an incredible job cleansing and getting makeup, dirt, and other toxins off the skin. I actually like the bottle and the wide mouthed top because what I have learned is that you simply need to dip clean fingers into it and blot it on your dry face. This is, so far, my favorite product!

EDIT: I took this back because it started breaking my face out in little small bumps. I could not see them in the mirror, but I could feel them on my skin! It made the texture of my skin horrible! Never again will I use this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithTheEyeliner

This is my favorite cleansing oil! I love the smell, how easily it takes my heavy duty makeup off, and that it washes away very clean. Granted I *do* use a toner just to make sure everything is gone afterwards but I don't believe its necessary with this - it really does wash off very clean. The scent reminds me of lemon fruit loops (but in a more earthy way then a foodie way). For some reason I actually look forward to using this at night.
Also, yes, there is a pump but it is $1.50 extra...while I think it should just come with a pump instead of having to buy one its still well worth the $1.50 to get!