July 31, 2014 | 1666 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by drh2014

This is a great lotion! I love the natural ingredients of oatmeal & shea butter! The price is decent but i wish it would last longer..I mostly use this lotion in the wintertime (for my dry skin) but i switch to just using the St. Ives oatmeal & shea butter body wash then Queen Helens coco butter (it's a bit lighter lotion for summer.)
It moisturizes like magic but it will work best if you do it daily right when you get out of the shower (when all your pores are opened up.) The smell is a light chocolately type smell.
Deffintley Reccomended

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG LOTION. I almost never find my HGs, but this is definitely staying on my dresser for as long as it's on store shelves.
I decided to try it after reading awesome reviews here, and I was lucky enough to come across a smaller size for $3 so I could give it a shot. I'm SO glad I did. This lotion is light, but SERIOUSLY effective. It goes on smooth, absorbs beautifully into the skin, moisturizes and smoothes while never being greasy. Oh, and it smells absolutely wonderful. I can't really describe it as it's not discernibly "oatmeal" or "shea," but either way it's semi-sweet, warm, comforting, and never obtrusive.
This lotion, with continued use, has made my skin look more smooth, bright, and healthy. It feels softer and more even. I love this stuff. <333

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have reactive, sensitive skin that breaks out in hives,
redness and itches like crazy.
I've tried alll the expensive lotions (I'm looking at you
Nivea/Eucerin/Cetaphil...etc).. no can do,
but St. Ive's Oatmeal and Shea is
a fine drugstore product that does the job.

I have sensitive skin that get cracked and irritated,
especially in harsh winter cold. I picked this up at the
Target, which was having a special, and I had a coupon,
so it was a no brainer.
I like skincare products with oatmeal because its a natural
soother, and calms without chemicals.
This is lush, soothing, and does the job.

I bought one for my office, because with all the hand washing
the staff does, I wanted them to have the benefit, as well as me.

I don't know if I'd use this on my face, but for hands, elbows,
knees and feet, good, low cost product,
and the moisture lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by lilacdisco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion! It smells GREAT, and is very moisturizing for me. The smell lasts a long time (well, compared to other lotions that I've tried anyway) and it really does feel like my skin is smoother after applying. I also have randomly itchy skin that's prone to redness. If I even brush up against something, I can get blotchy red spots on the sensitive skin on my wrists or thighs if I'm wearing shorts-- and this lotion calms it down. My skin is less itchy!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by mindlips

St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter body moisturizer is pretty decent but it stands out ONLY BECAUSE it smells soooo freakin good it's a little bit ridiculous. When I first used/sniffed the scent (you have to buy the bottle to smell it) the first impression/reaction I had was: "Omg.. this smells heavenly." If I don't use this lotion only a daily basis, I still have that same impression because I don't force myself to get sick of it! The only downfall is that the product claims to help with itchiness which it barely does and the fact that it isn't moisturizing enough!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by kaaary

i love the smell but i don't find this moisturizing. i find myself reapplying this several times a day :( it does feel light and non-greasy on the skin though, like most st. ives moisturizers i've tried. i don't hate but but i don't love it. it will probably be replaced with another st. ives lotion in a different scent :P

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by alauha94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definitely soothing and hydrating. The smell is great and it applies quite well. It is thick, so it's not the kind of thing that I wear during the summer. It's perfect for the dry winter season though. Yay to natural ingredients!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by blissta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this lotion; it goes perfectly with my Dial Yogurt Vanilla Honey body wash. The smell is a more sophisticated, grown-up Vanilla (not plastic-y and juvenile like Play-Doh). The texture is light and non-greasey, though it requires re-application for my desperately parched skin,, which I don't mind, because I love the smell and the texture feels good. Price is cheap, and readily available at any drugstore. I dropped the bottle, so unfortunate for me, the pump is missing the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Sissell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

St. Ives has become my new favorite lotion! I just finished a bottle of this stuff and bought another (in a different scent; I like to experiment). The consistency is perfect--not what you would expect from a drugstore brand! I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by kash2009

Drug store lotions have generally struck me as either too watery or too waxy. Iíve used Palmerís stretch mark therapy during my pregnancies (and I currently am expecting) but I was never in love with it. After hearing about this stuff on a pregnancy message board, I gave it a shot. Now I have a new favorite. I use it after my shower, on my hands and belly before bedtime, and periodically during the day because my office hand soap is incredibly drying. Itís all around amazing! The consistency is perfect, the moisture lasts (well, until I wash my hands again), and the scent is light. At $4/bottle @ Target, you really canít beat this for price and quality.