February 28, 2015 | 1915 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't rave about this product enough. St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter lotion is one of the few skin/hair/body products that I repurchase over and over. It leaves my skin feeling absolutely amazing when I apply it once a day, and whereas I used to think putting on lotion was a chore it's so luxurious that I look forward to using it after my showers. Unless they seriously do something to screw up the formula (oh god no) I'm pretty sure that I will keep using this lotion into the far future. I love it that much. Haha. Everything you've heard is true. GO GET IT.

...I mean, really. It's like, 3 dollars and some change at Target? C'mon.

Edit (2/28/12): PERFECT FOR HIVES RELIEF OMG. Had hives from an allergic reaction where all the creams and ointments in the world did nothing to relieve the itchiness. Since I use Jergen's in the winter I hadn't been using this for awhile. Tried this on my skin. Instant, sweet relief. I know oatmeal's good for hives/skin and I didn't think this lotion would have enough oatmeal in it to help any, but it was a lifesaver. My opinion still stands. One of the best drugstore lotions (and for me, lotions period) that you will ever come across.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Jadeypops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a wonder product! I suffer from pretty bad psoriasis (guttate which is tiny little spots of it everywhere... absolute nightmare) and I generally try to avoid the steroid creams for it. As a last ditch attempt I bought this. After about two weeks I started to notice an improvement in my skin (this bout of psoriasis had been bugging my for about 6 months with nothing helping). Kept using day and night, and lo and behold! My skin has cleared up, minus a few tiny bits left on my back.
Im not saying this will work for everyone, but its really really helped me. And for the low price of it, I'd say anyone with psoriasis really should give it a go.
Plus, my skin has never been softer! It sinks right in, isn't sticky, and keeps my skin moisturised all day. Reall boosted my confidence having lovely clear skin again (:

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by rasputin7261

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

i rarely write reviews, but this stuff is worth it! i have super dry skin and this makes me soft and the smell is fantastic. the scent doesn't really last though, but it's great for a few hours after you put it on. i haven't tried it in the winter yet (which is the true test) but so far its very moisturizing - and dirt cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by MidoriMelon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lotion. It's natural, light, and very moisturizing. It has a refreshing scent. Everyone compliments the smell. It works on my dry skin and also on my boyfriend's super dry skin. It's amazing. The container is big for the small price. I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Picked this up on a whim and was super pleased with it. It is a light-weight, moisturizing and softly scented lotion. Perfect for applying right out of the shower in the summer. It absorbs quickly and is not at all irritating (though it does contain cones...if you have allergies, not for you). It is very affordable and comes in a good-sized container. Definitely a great d/s moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is a great body lotion for semi-dry skin! It absorbs easily and doesn't leave greasy traces. The light-weight formula also has a soft subtle scent, so good for those sensitive to smells in lotions etc.. Good price too! About $7 NZD for a huge pump bottle which will last me for quite sometime.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jasminekvuong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

best lotion everrrr. this is the only kind of lotion i use. ive been using this lotion for about two years now... it makes your skin super soft. im never ashy. good shitt (y)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

There's always a bottle of this kicking around my house. It's my mom's and my sister's favourite. I love all of the St. Ives moisturizer lotions that I have tried. This one, Collagen Elastin, Skin Firming, Vitamin E, Swiss Vanilla, etc. I think I have tried almost all of them... and I haven't found one that I have disliked. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I know I have very soft skin. It's because I moisturize all the time. More than once a day. If I'm sitting at the computer - I am moisturizing, if I am watching TV, I am moisturizing. When I wake up, when I go to bed, after my shower, after being outside. I seem to always be moisturizing. Every season. And my choice of moisturizer is St. Ives. I go through quite a bit, but the big bottles (600ml) are around $3-5(CAD). Such a low price for such a great product. : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this stuff, but I really wish they'd just be honest on the packaging and, instead of espousing the awesome natural-ness of the contents, flat out tell you that it's soothing and moisturizing because of mineral oil. Shea butter is about midway through the ingredient list, and oatmeal is *dead last*--after all the red and blue coloring used to turn this lotion a creamy white. That's how contributory it is. I'm not the biggest fan of mineral oil in theory, but this lotion is amazing on my reactive, dry skin, so I overlook it (and pretty much everything comes in plastic cartons anyway, so how picky can I be?). It's non-greasy, smells amazing, and leaves my skin soft and comfortable. It's also amazingly cheap for the quantity. And they have formalized their anti-vivisection policy. I will repurchase.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lotion made my skin the softest it had ever been in my life. I would just smear it on everyday right out of the shower and in about a week, I was already getting compliments from my boyfriend about how soft my skin was :) The only thing I don't like about this product is that as you get towards the end of the bottle, the pump stops working and there is still a good amound left so you have to store it in a jar or something. But besides that, I will be repurchasing this product over and over again. I hope they never ever discontinue this product! Thanks st. ives!