September 2, 2014 | 1986 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 6:21:00 AM More reviews by xSinnocencex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far out of all of the eyeliners (Liquid, pencil, stick, cream, gel, etc.) I've used, this has been my absolute favorite. It is a little pricey for a drugstore brand, but it's a good amount of product. The black is true black, dark and rich. The formula goes on creamy and doesn't really flake like some do as they dry. I've worked 9 hour shifts in a hot kitchen with this eyeliner on, went to bed to tired to take it off, and it still looked perfect when I woke up. However, I do recommend a primer to help it stay put even better.

As a side note, the brush included is horrid. I found it rough and coarse and decided against using it. Any regular liner brush will be your best bet.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by rieradom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The color, consistency, and staying power is fabulous, but there are cons. The brush that comes with it is stiff and really a hindrance. I went to Sephora and bought a Sephora brand gel liner brush which works wonderfully and makes thinner lines. I do use this almost every day, but the product has dried so much even though there is a lot left. I'm still on the fence about buying it again, but I loved it while it was still workable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Angieeebabayy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product. Once it's applied, it stays on. No smudges, high pigment, no crumbling off. The only downside is how pricey it is considering how big it is. However- that will not stop me from continuing to buy this product. I've never tried MAC fluidline, so I can't compare the two- but what I do know is that this eyeliner is the best eyeliner out of all the drugstore eyeliners. Hands down. Buy this, ladies. You won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by DebbieN

This is my HG eyeliner. This truly lives up to the name and is much more pigmented than MAC's blacktrack fluidline. It applies much smoother than MAC's, and doesn't dry out as quickly as blacktrack does. The staying power is definitely there.

If you could, avoid using this with an angled brush like the 266. I find that that causes flakes to fall down your cheek since the consistency is so smooth and soft at touch, and you don't realize that since it's so tiny until you start to blend your foundation. It also is too rough, causing the "color gap" if you know what I mean.

TIPS: Use this with MAC's 209 brush (you know, the brush you like to ignore when they have their holiday special edition brush sets). Also, yes it's not that much cheaper than department stores, but the pot will last you a LONG TIME. Plus, you see this in ULTA's BOGO specials all the time, so if you haven't tried it, wait for the BOGO specials.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by afey1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have purchased the makeupforever eyeliner like this which was.. hmm like 20 something?? Anywho If you do not like this, well, thats because you don't know how to apply gel liner. Sorry but that is the truth.. I will spend money on make up and honestly this is right up there with all the prestigious labels. P.S try it. OH AND PLEASE purchase a eye line brush usually a good one is 10 and up?? I use bare minerals.. but yes drive over to your local Walgreens/walmart/CVS etc... Take the plunge ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by tarzina789

I got this at a warehouse sale for $4, so you definitely can't beat the price. The formula for this eyeliner is FABULOUS! You only need a tiny bit to make a beautiful line. The color is deep and fabulous, so no complaints there. For the staying power, you can't beat it. I went swimming with this, and it didn't budge, yet it washes off easily with a little baby shampoo.
I think this is a fabulous product. I've tried the other colors which are equally pigmented and long lasting. Overall a fabulous liner and a great alternative to pencils and liquids!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by duhnay

Overall, I thought this product was ok. I mean for the price you could get higher end ones (since it was over 10 bucks with tax!) It does go on smooth, and on me it stays on for a while without flaking or drying out. I have had mine for a while and it hasn't dried out yet so that is a plus. I like the way it looks on but the brush it came with was horrible. You will probably have to use another type of eyeliner brush. I would not repurchase just b/c its expensive for drug store brand, but it is an alright product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by asanisimasa148

I love this eyeliner! It's very easy to apply whether you use their brush or your own and goes on very smooth and evenly. It is also VERY OPAQUE! only need to swipe once

Best part of this product is how long it stays on. When I put on eyeliner, an hour later, I end up with an arc of color above my crease, but not with this one. It's pretty much smudge proof! (which also makes it a little difficult to take off at night...)

worst part of this product is that you get a bunch in the package. You will surely never use that much before it dries out. I would prefer less for a cheaper price but eh...

overall, this is my favorite eyeliner of all time!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by nmai4

This is my first cream eyeliner and I'm very impress with this product. It gave me the dark define eyes that I always go for. I buy mine in black and the color picks up great. Unlike some products, the brush that with this is actually pretty good. This does not smudge that easily unless of course you rub your eyes like crazy. You can easily touch up and light smudges with a Q-tip anyways. This tends to dry out fast after a month's use so try not to keep the lid open for to long when in use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I actually found this pretty pricey for a d/s brand ($11+US). Sephora has just come out w a cream liner and it's only a couple dollars more than this one :P

Anyways, onto my review. I wanted to find a cheaper alternative to MAC. Yes i know it's not that expensive, but I don't find it lasts as long as i would like it to on my lids. I heard great reviews about the HIP liners, so i thought i'd give this a try. I do like it better than the MAC one for a couple reasons. 1) the black is really really black. It's more pigmented than MAC's Blacktrack fluidline. With the MAC one, I find it's not very pigmented when I line my upper lash line. I would have to layer on the product. The HIP liner, it goes on very nice and intense.
2) the HIP liner lasts long on my lid as well. Also, less smudging than blacktrack. I said i would rebuy cuz it's a good liner, but when i run out of this one, I will probably try the sephora one next :)