October 21, 2014 | 1823 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by zedy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used lemon juice and live yogurt after reading about it on a skin care forum in the UK called beautysnug.com.
Its great because the lemon juice exfoliates and unblocks your pores with a little help form the lactic acid form the yogurt. The yogurt also helps moisturise your skin and provides vitamins.
Its cheap and easy to make and works!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by heyitschloe98

Lemon juice and coconut oil CLEARED 99% OF MY ACNE. I get whiteheads galore on my forehead, chin, and just to the left and right of my nose (above the cheeks and below my eyes). I have combo skin, but my nose is extremely oily. I've tried so many spot treatments and cleansers, its not even funny. recently i was researching ways to treat acne, and found the best regimen for my skin, like EVER. so morning and night i cleanse with neutrogena scrub. then i use lemon juice on a cotton ball all over my face. and yes, it stung, but only the first or second time i used it. I wait for it to dry. Then, if its morning, i use sukin moisturizer. If its night, i rub coconut oil all over my face and go to bed. I dont use coconut oil in the morning because its not the best make up base. It took about a week, but it cleared a HUGE breakout of pimples all over my face. After doing this for about 3 weeks, i only have two or three very small pimples in the under-eye-upper-cheek area and one of my forehead. Yay!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Thank you MUA reviewers! I would have never thought to try lemon juice on my face had it not popped up on the daily reviews. I read at least 100 reviews before trying it and figured, what the heck? I have a few in the fridge anyway. Who knew this little fruit would turn out to be a godsend for my skin? I've been using it for a week and can say for sure that my pores look less noticeable, a few sun spots have lightened up and there's a glow that I hadn't seen in years. I'm happy to say I don't feel the need to use my daily self tanner anymore. Dare I say, I think I may like my skin better without it. I will never turn back to expensive toners as long as this continues to do what it has. :)

I just cut a slice off, squeeze onto a cotton ball and slather all over my face. Wake up and voila! Glowing skin. Amazing!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Ecarr712

Here's the deal, I tried a product (Dermalogica Pre-Cleanser) that broke me out in cystic acne. I had like 4 under the surface huge lumps. Much bigger than I've ever gotten before. I've been using La Roche Posay products for maybe 6 months (BOO). And then I read about lemon juice.

My face has never been soft. I have big pores around my nose. My skin gets oily YET it's flaky. I had about 7 inflamed pimples on my face. (4 cysts, 2 bumps that hadn't headed yet and one big boil like thing right by my nose.

So here's what I did, I cut a quarter of a fresh lemon. Squeezed it a bit to bring the juice to the surface of the lemon. I washed my face with a sulfur soap (it has SA in it but I just ordered Joesoef's Sulfur Soap so we'll see how that goes). I patted my face dry. Then wiped that quarter of a lemon all over my face. OH YEAH.

It stung like nobody's business but I kept it on. It stung for maybe 2 good minutes and then I went to bed..... No moisturizer (I use Argan Oil).

A.M.
I woke up. I ran my hands over my face. It wasn't slightly sticky as last night. It was SMOOTH. I ran to the bathroom thinking, "DID IT WORK?"

And let me tell you..... it sure did.

That boil had headed. One cyst had headed. The other was flattened. And the huge one was less purple-ey. (yuck) All of the bumps had headed.

Also my skin did look more even. Definitely and I have SERIOUS problems with hyper pigmentation. (Big face picker.... was then..... not now).

I washed my face with that sulfur soap and moisturized with Argan Oil. (A couple of drops, rubbed between my hands then patted on).

Then I did one of those...... "put both my hands on the mirror and press my nose against it" maneuvers. MY PORES WERE SO small. That's right small. And clean looking. I thought it was the Argan Oil that was clogging them up but no. My LRP cleanser was. And the toner. And the cream. And the spot treatment. TOO MANY PRODUCTS.

So here I am... bowing down to the holy lemon... in my kitchen.

I am about to attempt my first DIY Vitamin-C Serum. I had one bad experience with Obagi......... never again.

I'll keep you updated on my lemon progress.

I will also keep you all updated on my future reviews of:
Aztec Indian Healing Clay
Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask
Dr. Joesoef's 10% Sulfur Soap
Rosewater
DIY Vitamin-C Serum
Jojoba Oil

And thank you MUA community for all of your great input and reviews :)

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not one that can say I get terrible acne. Its maybe a few pimples here and there around "that time of the month". However when I do get them, I get scars that just don't go away. I would also say my skin is pretty uneven. I started using lemon juice on my face after every time I exfoliate (which is about 3-4 times a week). I apply it with a cotton ball allover my face, let it set into my skin for a few minutes, and follow up with my Jason vitamin E oil or straight jojoba oil. I noticed my scars fading after the first time I used it about 6 months ago and my redness is gone. I completely recommend this!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by blondebum

During summer my best friend and I used to juice up to 10 lemons and squirt the juice into our hair and bask in the sun hoping for blonde hair. We found this to be the most effective and cheapest method to adding some light color into our hair without harmful chemicals. After applying to hair, we left it on for about 30 minutes and i could see a bit of lightness the next day in my hair color. Lemon juice is great for a variety of things ranging from hair management, skin serums, and anti-bacterial properties for first aid purposes. Lemons are such as handy fruit to have around the house; you can do just about anything with them!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I folllow Kandee Johnson's lemon juice & sugar face scrub. It works really and its dead cheap. I do see the merits of lemon juice especially as its natural. However I would like to add a note of caution to leaving it on regularly overnight or during the day.

In the UK there was a TV presenter called Gillian McKeith who had a series called "You are what you eat". Much of what she said was good advice, but she recommended drinking every day a glass of warm water with lemon juice in it - to help clear out your system. I followed this and over a number of months my teeth changed colour (not whiter) I didn't realise until I saw my dentist that by drinking water & lemon regularly, I had removed a lot of the enamel of my teeth! Fortunately my teeth are ok, but I can see in some parts they are translucent from the acid erosion.

My advice folks, is that be aware lemon is acidic and treat with some caution. If you do use it on your face, I would definitely recommend using a sunblock.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jodieho

I am a vain pot who is still trying very hard to get rid of all the blemishes that are on my face; blemishes that are as rebellious as I am (they just refuse to go away!!!). I have been visiting the dermatologist (not forgetting donating tonnes of my money to his clinic too!) for about a year now and I have not seen any improvements. Initially, yes; but once my skin started to get "use" to the oral medication, all "healing process" seemed to have stopped. Breakouts and blemishes became my best friends. I've gone for so many treatments -- peeling, diamond peel and scrubs. All went in vain. So what did I do?

I stopped seeing the dermatologist.
I stopped taking the oral medication.
I stopped going for facial peeling.
I went to a local pharmacy and got a prescription for antibiotics for breakouts (Doxycylin).
I started using only Dettol bar soap as face wash.

So far, still no significant improvements -- just yet.

Frustrated, I searched in the internet on remedies for blemished skin and also acne-prone skin; and stumbled upon this webpage that talks about The Lemon. Yes, the citrus fruit that is yellow in colour. The super-sourish-face-twisting fruit. There are many reviews and posts about how it is a miracle water and how it has helped "people like me" solve our "problems".

So after spending 2 solid days reading, reading and reading, I bought a packet of lemons from the grocer's downstairs, 2 days ago. When I got home, I gave them a good wash and then sliced them into halves for juicing. Gosh, my bottle of pure lemon juice looks so yummy! Makes me want to gobble it down like a...a..a...FRUIT JUICE! Hahahaha!

Storage : It has been adviced to keep fresh lemon juice in the fridge. It's either this or you freeze it and turn it into ice cubes. But since I will be using it on a very frequent basis, I kept it in the fridge.

If you have read the comments and reviews page, you will know by now that the bottle of lemon juice, which I had so pain-painstakingly extracted, will be used as my face toner. Yes, you heard that right. F-A-C-E T-O-N-E-R.

So what I did that night after my shower was...

Step 1:
I washed my face thoroughly with a mild face soap. Washed off the soap bubbles and then pat dried my face with a clean towel.

Step 2:
I stood in front of a table fan, turned it on at full blast and let the wind air-dry my face to make sure that it's completely dry.

Step 3:
Went back into the bathroom, took out 2 pieces of facial cotton and applied the "toner" (lemon juice) onto one of them. I then started applying the juice on the affected part of my face i.e. left cheek, right cheek, forehead and chin. Please ensure that you AVOID your eyes! The minute I applied the juice onto my cheeks, the stinging sensation kicked-in full force BUT it was only temporary. It lasted only for about 10 seconds before the sting disappeared. Standing in front of a table fan / air-conditioner will help ease the stinging feeling you have on your face.

Step 4:
I repeated step 3 with a the 2nd facial cotton.

Note : According to most of the comments in "that" webpage, most of them left the juice on their faces for only 10 minutes, and then they wash it off. Only a handful of them left the juice on their faces overnight; and some use them as their facial toner (meaning, they left it on their faces all the time). I decided to follow the latter.

Step 5:
Let the juice air-dry on your face.

Note : According to some of the reviews, you can then slap on your night moisturiser and bla bla bla but I didn't. I just ended the regime with the juice on my face as my toner as I wasn't too sure what the reaction would be if I had mixed the lemon juice with an over-the-counter moisturiser. Wasn't too sure what were the contents in the moisturiser.

WHAT I HAVE NOTICED

1. After applying the juice on my face for about 10 minutes, I noticed that the redness on my face DID in fact, lessen. Instead of being reddish and raw-like, it had actually turned a lighter tone.

2. The huge zit on my forehead, which I had "removed" prior to the application, turned into the size of a white head (and I am not exaggerating here).

3. After leaving it overnight on my face, I woke up to a very radiant looking skinned face. No dryness. Just very supple and smooth. The redness is still there, of course, but much much lighter than it was the night before.

I am still keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this will be the miracle that I have been searching for, for so long!

I applied it again the next morning, after washing my face. I then slapped on my moisturiser and face sunblock. Results? I got home after work, gave my face a good thorough wash and was surprised (yet again) to see the blemishes and acne on my face reduced significantly.

I have started a "face diary" (I named it PROJECT LEMON) to monitor the results and improvements. So far, in just 2 days, significant difference!

Definitely going to continue using the Miracle Juice and jotting down its progress!

TooDLES!

20 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by hiantigone

I was really skeptical at first when I looked up using lemon juice to use as a toner, but my skin was not responding to any other treatment, so I gave it a shot. I can not even begin to express my positive results! Not only does it keep me from breaking out, it's also lightening my past acne scars, and keeping my skin from getting oily throughout the day. I highly recommend this for those out there not getting results with regular acne products!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by MitaUd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Works really well when used with yogurt and a small pinch of cinnamon.i only use a slice from a small lemon so that it is not too concentrated for my skin.Helps with acne marks,acne scars and most pimples in general.