Prada Infusion d'Iris EDP

3.9

on 4/8/2011 10:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I gone through quite a few samples of d'Iris and Ive been putting off buying this scent as Im not sure its got lasting power. But Im currently being haunted by this delicate beauty of a perfume. Just when I thought I had it out of my mind, I sat and read an article in Vanity Fair, and then noticed that there was an ad for Infusion d'Iris with a flip out for sniffing. I sniffed it and ahhhhhhh gorgeous. I put the mag down so I could read something else and I kept smelling occasional wafts from the scent strip. In a state of unawareness I forgot that it was the Prada I was smelling. Im starting to think I need a full bottle.

If I could use one word to describe this perfume I would call it soothing. Its crisp, herbal, and green like character makes me feel at ease. Its like being outside on a perfect summer day with all the smells of nature passing by you and conjuring up fleeting emotions of pure joy.

As far as my issue with longevity, I think that sometimes my body chemistry needs some time to get used to wearing the perfume before the perfume with finally stick. This happened to me with some of my other perfumes. I see a bottle of d'Iris sitting on my vanity in the near future.

on 3/23/2011 2:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a nice, soft floral scent. It last long on me and I get compliments when I wear it. Love it for Spring/Summer months. Not overpowering. I cant really compare it to anything but my other favs are Issey Miyake and gucci envy for reference.

on 3/19/2011 6:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Infusion d'Iris smells light and green, but in a soft, warm way. (Unlike the cool, watery greens of Issey Miyake, for example.) It contains iris, jasmin and orange blossom with a base of vetiver, cedar, benzoin and insence. I'm assuming the base provides the comforting warmness I'm sensing.

This is the only perfume I'm comfortable wearing to university. The warm greenness grounds me and helps me focus, and I never have to worry that this perfume will distract or offend anyone around me.

For years I was too young for this - it kept boring me. Now, at 24, I'm suddenly appreciating it's sheer subtleness. If you like me aren't a fan of watery notes, Clinique Happy or Light Blue, then I'd suggest Infusion d'Iris for a subdued, inoffensive yet unique everyday scent.

I've seen several people use the word "aloof" when trying to capture what this perfume is about. I think it's spot on: Not aloof in a mysterious, intriguing way, but in a slightly absentminded, dreamy, mellow way.

on 3/17/2011 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this scent on me. It agrees with my body chemistry and lasts quite a while. To me it smells like very expensive french milled soap. very clean and a bit powdery - just so good! This is a perfect daytime at the office scent i could not see it offending anyone. beautiful bottle, gorgeous sent. so pretty and grown up (but not old lady!)

on 3/16/2011 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

God I absolutely adore this scent. I just can't get enough of it! For me, it's the perfect mix of grown up sophistication and fresh clean sparkle. I love the underlying 'powderiness' of this. Unlike a lot of commercial perfumes, it really has a lot of depth, and evolves throughout the day, layer by layer. It has a lot of charisma. As for lasting power, most perfumes last about 2 hours on me, this lasts through my entire work day, until I get home. Fair enough by that time it is only a linger on my skin, but at least it's still there unlike most others! I can't stop smelling my wrist when I wear this, it's just heaven, not too heavy, not too light. I will buy again and again.

on 3/8/2011 10:21:00 AM

i fell in LOVE...sigh...but i'm a huge fan of fresh notes and this one fits the bill-it has a distinctive clean n pure vibe that i adore...love love love
ps-burburry sheer is another all time fav

on 2/24/2011 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS. I never like scents with these sort of undertones but I absolutely love this perfume. Wears beautifully, stays for hours and hours and hours. New favorite.

on 2/18/2011 3:13:00 AM

Vaguely interesting but somehow it feels aloof. It also barely lasted on me at all, so I would never buy this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a nice, light scent. It's definitely powdery but I don't get the 'grandma' vibe like some of the reviewers below.
If too much is sprayed it definitely takes on a bit of a bitter edge (not in a good way), but the base scent is still very nice.
Be careful not to spray too much! It isn't overpowering but the bitterness isn't pleasant.

Inspired. Most 'large' perfume houses create scents that lack nuance, but this is an exception. It is not an overt floral and the top notes in particular are very green. There is a burst of powder to start (it's not heavy old lady powder, like you get in Chanel 5 or Shalimar, but more of a quick 'poof' of freshness that doesn't remain). This scent really lets you experience the different notes. By the time you can't smell it in the air near you, the sultry, musky basenotes are there on your skin for someone who gets really close. People looking for a determined, "look at me" perfume will be disappointed. Infusion d'iris is a quiet storm.

I would recommend if you like Chanel Cristalle or No. 19.

Side note: many perfumes bother my sinuses (a major tragedy as I love perfume) but this one does not.

Popular Fragrances