April 21, 2014 | 1933 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Infusion d'Iris EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by thisiskoko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS. I never like scents with these sort of undertones but I absolutely love this perfume. Wears beautifully, stays for hours and hours and hours. New favorite.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

Vaguely interesting but somehow it feels aloof. It also barely lasted on me at all, so I would never buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by OMGLookAtHerButt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, light scent. It's definitely powdery but I don't get the 'grandma' vibe like some of the reviewers below.
If too much is sprayed it definitely takes on a bit of a bitter edge (not in a good way), but the base scent is still very nice.
Be careful not to spray too much! It isn't overpowering but the bitterness isn't pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by internationalshoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Inspired. Most 'large' perfume houses create scents that lack nuance, but this is an exception. It is not an overt floral and the top notes in particular are very green. There is a burst of powder to start (it's not heavy old lady powder, like you get in Chanel 5 or Shalimar, but more of a quick 'poof' of freshness that doesn't remain). This scent really lets you experience the different notes. By the time you can't smell it in the air near you, the sultry, musky basenotes are there on your skin for someone who gets really close. People looking for a determined, "look at me" perfume will be disappointed. Infusion d'iris is a quiet storm.

I would recommend if you like Chanel Cristalle or No. 19.

Side note: many perfumes bother my sinuses (a major tragedy as I love perfume) but this one does not.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very light, cool, fresh and slightly powdery. When I just want to have that clean just-jumped-out-of-the-shower smell then I spritz this on. It's just an easy scent to wear. Very office appropriate. Probably my favorite Prada scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by kngfrank

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I adore this fragrance. Yes, it could last a little longer, but the scent is just amazing. I read it described as walking through a cedar forest in the rain in spring and that's exactly what I get. Dries down to incense on me and some cedar. I think the cedar is well done.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Dragonfyre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a little envelope as a free sample, thinking it would be a nice light floral, but as soon as I opened it I was instantly reminded of my grandmother, and not in a comforting chocolate-chip-cookies kind of way. I tried it on, having read good things about it and thinking it couldn't possibly be that bad. It did smell a little bit better on my skin, it reminds me of my boyfriend's shampoo, which isn't exactly pleasant, but comforting. The scent itself I don't enjoy wearing, it's very soapy and powdery, more mature salon-soapy than fresh and light soapy. There is a hint of the spicy cedar it's supposed to have in there somewhere, which would be nice if it weren't overwhelmed by the powder-soap smell. As far as drydown, it's calmed down a little, but I can't notice much more of a difference than that. It's been a couple of hours and I mostly just get shampoo-smell still, and I don't like it. It probably is a matter of preference, I personally like fresh scents, but prefer natural and light, I really hate anything with that powdery smell.

2/5, it's not so repulsive that I can't picture anyone wearing it, and light enough that it didn't give me a headache, but definitely not for me. It might be difficult for a young person to wear this and pull it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Emazing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS SCENT...this is my 2nd favorite scent...I always felt that Gucci and D&G scents were overrated because of the name...never like them...until now...I have finally found a luxury brand scent that's worth the money....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by eaugirlspirit

I would like to edit my previous review on this product. I sniffed this in Sephora in the middle of Winter, without really giving it much of a chance. I just snubbed it off as an overly powdery, pretentious smell. But I do remember it smelling very unique and FRESH. And then I got a craving for the FRESHNESS again and started reading reviews and curiosity killed the cat. No seriously I have a problem with this. Every now and then I will get a craving for a new scent, read a bunch of reviews and convince myself that I will like it. 9 times out of 10 I do because I am a perfumeaholic! This is the perfect scent for the spring weather. I used a coupon code I had at Sephora, ordered it, and voila, I am transported to a dewy place in the woods surrounded by humid air and wet leaves, amidst a few sweet flowers. It changes on my skin after several hours into more of a cedar-incense combo...which is amaaazing. I love cedar... and I can still smell a glimpse of it even after 6 hours. I do prefer to re-apply after around 4 hours however. When my 1.7 oz runs out I will be buying an ebay special of the 6.7 fl oz. (It sells for half the original price)...try this invigorating scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by yokojoano

I purchased this scent as a set unsniffed because I am a fan of iris and of green/chypre scents. My go-to perfumes are Creed Silver Mountain Water (fresh almost blackberry tea scent) and Chanel 19 (rosey green chypre).

I can absolutely see why this is a love it or hate it scent. I can also see why some people think its too strong and others think its too light. This is a very distinctive EDP that could easily not suit a person. I love it.

Initially I get the cedar most strongly and then it warms into the flowers and musk. It does have a very clean, almost detergent element to me, but its in the background and fades most quickly. The dry-down is where the action is. Sublime, the iris and orange blossom are there but balanced. I don't care for overly floral scents and I think the balsam and musk elements harmonize so perfectly with the floral here. Everything is so balanced that it is difficult to pick up specific notes, and each sniff brings out a new element. Sometimes I get smoky, I even get a play-dough now and again, but nothing just jumps out at you and the perfume wears very close after the initial dry-down. You will probably not offend many, and most won't smell you unless you hug them, but you will catch it when you move and it will envelop you. I see this as a spring/fall/winter scent, its on the cold side.

I could imagine it working on a man or woman, initially it is a touch masculine but the florals come out. They aren't too much for a confident man though. Its fresh and clean but definitely not boring or weak.

I've had several comments in just a week of wearing - always "you smell so good" not "that perfume smells good" and one person said "it smells like you just got out of the shower." I would buy again. In a heart beat.

The lotion does change the scent on my skin significantly - an undertone that almost reminds me of original vasoline intensive care lotion from the 70s - 80s. It isn't a bad thing, just noticeable.