October 1, 2014 | 1793 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Groundwork

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by L8kersKB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been my go to e/s base for a couple years now. It works well as a natural shadow its own when I don't feel like taking the time to do a complete eye. It also works good underneath eyeshadows making the colors more vibrant. I don't experience creasing with the Paint Pots at all. This pot lasts a long time. Just be sure to close it tight after each use to avoid drying it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by lokie

I use this as a base for smokey eyes..i apply all over the lid to the crease line, then i use MAC handwritten in the outer corner keeping it darker at the base and blending up to the crease, i also with a smaller brush use along the base of my bottom lashes smudging with a Q tip and on the inside a slick of dark brown eye pencil..Hey presto! beautiful smokey eyes!! the powder sticks to the paintpot base and you dont get horrible creases as the day/night goes on!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by toffeenut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Groundwork pp seems a staple in the makeup collection of many woc. I have owned it for maybe a 1.5 to 2 years and it has now begun to dry out. When I first began to use this, I used it every day, trying to get the most out of my $16.50 before the inevitable drying out. I don't love it, nor do I hate it. Kinda blah. The color (dirty or gray taupy brown) is ugly on my bare skin (NC45), so I obviously do not wear this on its own (I can do that with the coral crepe pp). It is okay as a base for my darker eye shadows, but it seems to "eat" some of eye shadow shades, especially brighter colors. I don't have oily lids, so creasing is not an issue. This is definitely not a must have, and I won't be repurchasing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Groundwork is a nude taupe color that is great for an all over wash on NC43 skintones. It can give off a grey like cast, so I have to apply it lightly. I'm using this over my UDPP in sin and I apply pigments over it or eyeshadow. If I am in a hurry, I see myself using this as a wash of color on the lid. This is my fourth paint pot and I will say groundwork is my least favorite only because it's just blah. I did give it a 4 because it's very neutral and versatile. My favorite paintpot continues to be Constructivist.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by MumAgain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG!!! This is my one and only paintpot but I use it all the time. This is how I wanted Painterly to look like on my NC40-42 lids (Painterly was too pink and pale on my warm skin). I use Groundwork on its own as a quick lid wash and gives me a neutral, nude but polished look on days I have to rush out the door. It makes a great base for my other eyeshadows, lasts all day long and never creases. Thank you to the MAC MA who talked me out of getting Painterly. This pot is a godsend and will last me forever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

I love MAC paint pots but this one did not work at all for my brown eyes. I much prefer Constructivist which has more vibrancy to it. I know a lot of women love groundwork - even use it at brow definer - however, I returned this to the store I was so disappointed and I NEVER do that with MAC. Just suggest you try it vs constructivist before purchasing and consider how you wish to use it. It may be better as a brow gel than an eyelid cover.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I do like MAC's paint pots, but this particular one not so much. I don't consider all paint pots to be eye bases at all- some crease up on me when worn by themselves after a few hours, so I personally don't really get that claim for this one or Painterly...though for Cashflow I definitely could use that w.o a base and it won't crease. Anyway, I can see why people like it, it's neutral and I guess can go with different skin tones, but I never really reach for this. The particular shade of brown I find looks boring on me and doesn't really do anything for my eyes, and being matte on top of it there is no depth (nothing against mattes, just with the color...meh). It's not your standard dark brown, looks a little brighter than the standard dark brown. I wouldn't call it taupe at all though. Groundwork is the right name for it, does have a muddy look. Granted I love neutrals and many look fine on me, but this one was a miss. I have really dark brown eyes and yellowish/medium tan skin. The rating is more for the color than the actual product quality...I usually like paint pots. Groundwork isn't terrrrrible, but I'm not wowed and kinda underwhelmed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this paint pot...I use this as an eyeshadow for a very neutral look it gives me enough color...love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

My second favorite paint pot. The texture is so creamy and soft, the color is a light brown. I like using for those days when bare study isn't colorful enough (I know right, a brown isn't very colorful either) This can really change the dimension of colors. I like using it with VS private beach and also WnW nutty. I've also used it with Mac's prepped for glamour and style snob. I will def repurchase, but paint pots last forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

As someone mentioned previously, this is a nice base color for darker skin. I'm a NC45 and this gives me a nice neutral (cool range) look. To warm up the taupe base, I use Mac's eyeshadow in Sorba to give more of a tan base than taupe. This also works nice with Maybelline's quad pack Mocha Motion eyeshadows. At first I also found the pot to go on rough, but once I used moisturizer it went on pretty smooth.