November 22, 2014 | 1711 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Rubenesque

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by lauramarsipan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My eyes are my best feature, and I am always looking for a way to enhance them. I am just getting into MAC products, and this was my first purchase at a MAC counter at my local Macys. I love it. I have used Rubenesque almost every single day for two weeks. It's a perfect color beneath my standard work-friendly brown and gold-toned neutrals, and when used opposite cooler blues and greys, the contrast is lovely. I swear it has expanded the range of colors I can actually wear without overwhelming my blue eyes with an overly cool colors. I am even totally all right with wearing it alone - it gives my eyelids a peachy golden flash without looking too made up. Also the red tones in the color goes great with my hair!

The first day I wore it, I noticed some creasing after about 8 hours, but I had applied it very heavily that day, thinking the idea was to layer the product to get more pigmentation. But the trick is actually to use it to enhance your natural skin tone, use it as a browbone highlight, OR to enhance every other color that lays on top of it. The next day I wore it underneath colors from UD's Naked palette and WOW. I thought those shadows were gorgeous before, but now they're even richer and more beautiful. Best of all, NO priming, and NO creasing at the end of the day.

The bottom line is, I am basically in love, and the amount of product in the paint pot means this is definitely a long term relationship.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by shocker99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG love this stuff! I wish constructivist were this creamy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by RachelCerys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this as a base for eyeshadow, suits neutral shades (brown, beige, champagne etc.) I've used this mostly every day since I bought it about 3 weeks ago and you wouldn't be able to tell.
The product is reasonably expensive, as MAC products usually are but you get what you pay for and it really does last ages.
It stays on all day and, obviously, makes your eyeshadow stay too. No need for a primer.
Although, one 'con' is that sometimes when you first apply it, it usually looks uneven on the eye and it's not extremely easy to blend but it's not difficult.
Overall it's definitely worth buying if you want a shimmery neutral eyeshadow/base, it's probably the best to go for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

This is a peachy gold cream eyeshadow, or eyeshadow base. It is schimmery, but not over the top. It is a really lovely color, also a great base for light browns, champagnes, bronzey eyeshadows. A great staple to have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have heard a ton of good reviews of paint pots being excellent eyeshadow bases so when the time came when I was looking for an excellent eyeshadow base for my everyday makeup, I headed for my MAC store and picked one up. This is one of those purchases that I definitely know won't let me down and how right I was. I really love the consistency of this product. I goes on very smooth and the color payoff is pretty excellent--very, very pigmented peachy gold color that would definitely look excellent in every skintone (I've seen fair and medium skin toned girls both NW and NC wear this and it looked really good on them). And what's really good about this product is it lasts a really, really long time! People I know use MAC Paint Pots have had theirs for years! A definite must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by tapasnut

I never would have picked this for myself, but a MA used this on my eyes for a wedding and I loved it. This was my first paint pot and it was an amazing base on my oily lids. My shadow stayed all night long without any creasing. And the color is very pretty and flattering to my NC30 skin (I was worried it would be too orangey and too frosty but it's not).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ithinkuracontra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember buying this as a sample awhile ago and absolutely falling in love with it. I think it's an overall fun color that young people would enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by MACamille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is so gorgeous! I love how satiny this color goes on, and it gives you enough time to blen it before drying. I actually just use my fingers for application, but I sometimes use a 217 brush. This color may look very orange, but, on my medium skin tone, this is a nice neutral. It can be used as a primer or an all over lid color! It dries nice and satiny, and stays on all day, WITHOUT PRIMER! I love this product, and would definitely repurchase! A definite 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Ultrapink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely gorgeous!!! What a beautiful colour catched in a jar. This golden-peach just make my eyes pop!!!
I find this creamy eyeshadow very useful with my pigment in melon. I love the way it looks mixed with a layer of woodwinked and melon on top paired with russian red on lips. WOW!
I live in the south of Spain (hot/wet weather) and I find this amazing over my lids. It does not crease and it keeps setted perfectly well after 12 hours with my UDPP, even on the beach it has a nice lasting power.
I usually wear greens, but I'm actually trying out corals during sunny days, and I find quite nice mixing rubenesque+expensive pink+red brick (outer corner)+a hint of teal in the outer waterline to enhance my mossy green eyes. I use to pair it with crosswires or Revlon's coral reef and it looks amazingly beachy!!!
Another thing is I love using Rubenesque on my cheekbones. It gives such a beautiful glow that I always get compliments when I wear it. Just beautiful. Definitely will repurchase it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by BuddyBuddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this color!! They told me it was a base, but I use it as a sheer, shimmery shadow on most days. I layer on other shadows for shows and outings, and it just makes everything pop!! Best MAC product I've used. The color is perfect, the container is super cute-if only they'd drop the price. But considering I still have lots left even after a year, it is more than worth your money. =)