September 1, 2014 | 1857 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lmr007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really like color, but mine dried out after about 6 months in my train case. I can still use it, but it is so dry, I find myself turning to other products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this as a primer, and it does a great job. It provides a shimmery, neutral base that doesn't crease. I have worn this a time or two all over my lid as my eyeshadow and I really liked the way it looked.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Overall Rating: 3/5
This is an ok product. I got a few MAC gift cards for Christmas, and thought this would be a worth while purchase. I have seen a lot of make up gurus use this as a base for their eye shadow, but I think it was way too much pigment on its own to be neutral enough for other colors. Although the color is a nice, simple shimmery color, it's looks very white in the sun.
Price: $15. I think $10 would be a bit more reasonable
Packaging: 4/5, I have nothing good/bad to say about it
Would I buy again? Probably NOT, but I dont hate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by makesmesmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the Paint Pots and Bare Study is my favorite.
I always prime my eyes with the Paint Pot in Soft Ochre and then I usually apply Bare Study all over the lid. That's a great base for every eyeshadow. I prefer neutral looks with something glittery and shiny, so this is an essential for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

This is a really nice colour to use everyday or for special occasions. I'd decribe this colour as a nude/beige with amounts of frosted gold. The texture isn't as creamy as I'd thought, but is still easy to apply and use. If I wear this alone without primer it does crease after about 2 hrs which I was really disappointed about, so I now wear this with a primer. You only ever need a tiny amount, so I think this will last me a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by Itsabbiee

I bought this due to the great reviews and I always see it used on youtube. I really like it over a primer as a base. I like to use it alone for my inner corner of my eyes. It is a nice subtle color, which I love. The consistency is strange but it is still a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by underage

This is my second paint pot and I absolutely love it! I love shimmery highlight colors so this is perfect as a base for all my shimmery lid and inner corner colors. Perfect! My only complaint is that it has a weird chunky texture at first but you can smooth it out easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by tring010

The most gorgeous shimmery colour. Perfect when worn alone as an eyeshadow or when used as a base. This product is so versatile and I feel it would work with any skin tone. I use it almost every day all over the lid with some black winged liner. It's perfect for brightening the lid with a lovely sheen. Only downside to this product is that it does dry up - I have had my pot for about a year and it is beginning to dry around the edges.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

love love love alone or as a shadow base,perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this strictly as an eye primer, and I love it. It goes on smooth and shadow lasts 8+ hours without creasing. I know others say this is useless as a primer, but it works amazingly well for me. Lovely pearlescent sheen that really makes colored shadows pop, without being garish. If using this as a primer, go with a very thin layer. I use this only as a primer, but it could be worn alone or as a browbone highlight. It is a very pretty pearlescent champagne color. Packaging is the typical MAC Paint Pot round glass jar with black screw-on lid. I use this and Painterly and honestly I prefer this one. Very nice and will repurchase.