MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study

4.2

on 3/19/2012 4:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this base. It's so versatile. I can wear it with pretty much any shadow look. I use it everyday.

on 3/19/2012 4:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

A good basic cream shadow/primer product. Applied sparingly, it provides a refined shimmer on the lids, but if you're not careful, it'll end up looking like Tinkerbell sneezed on your eyeball. There is a LOT in the pot, and a little goes a long way.

The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is that I'll probably be bored of the product once I finish it in...say...five years.

on 3/16/2012 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Meh. Its an eyelid base with shimmer...little too frosty and cool-toned for my skin. I got it as an alternative to Painterly which was too chalky on my NC43 tone. Bare Study is a great base for all my eyeshadows! The MAC lady showed me what a huge difference using paintpots made! So many different looks that u can create! Definitely worth buying for once...but I'll be on t lookout for a more nude one for me.

on 2/27/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

love it. works amazing as an eyeshadow primer and by itself. the color is sheer on my skintone so it's not too noticeable by itself, it has a perfect amount of shimmer. very creamy, easily blendable. by it self it creases and doesnt last too long, but under eyeshadows its amazing. no creasing or fading. i guess the only cons are the price and packaging. if not taken care good enough it can dry up and that will be a waste of money and great product. but the sleek glass jar is pretty fancy looking.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first Mac Paint Pot. I love the color, which is highly wearable, and the creamy texture. I use it for my everyday make up, especially when I feel tired and I need to brighten up my eyes. Although it is supposed to not crease, on my eyelids it actually does, and that is the only con I found out about this product (so I use it with a primer). Anyways, I totally recommend it.

on 2/5/2012 3:40:00 AM

I adore this. After reading all the reviews and watching gurus use this, I have decided to buy this product. Its everything I hoped for. A great neutral dewy sheen when applieqd to the lids, and it looks great for natural everyday looks, either by itself or as an eyeshadow base. I looove its creamy texture. Everything about this product is just perfect for me. Nevermind the $21 dollars it costs here in Canada.

on 2/1/2012 12:24:00 AM

Really like color, but mine dried out after about 6 months in my train case. I can still use it, but it is so dry, I find myself turning to other products.

on 1/31/2012 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this as a primer, and it does a great job. It provides a shimmery, neutral base that doesn't crease. I have worn this a time or two all over my lid as my eyeshadow and I really liked the way it looked.

on 1/3/2012 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 3/5
This is an ok product. I got a few MAC gift cards for Christmas, and thought this would be a worth while purchase. I have seen a lot of make up gurus use this as a base for their eye shadow, but I think it was way too much pigment on its own to be neutral enough for other colors. Although the color is a nice, simple shimmery color, it's looks very white in the sun.
Price: $15. I think $10 would be a bit more reasonable
Packaging: 4/5, I have nothing good/bad to say about it
Would I buy again? Probably NOT, but I dont hate it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love the Paint Pots and Bare Study is my favorite.
I always prime my eyes with the Paint Pot in Soft Ochre and then I usually apply Bare Study all over the lid. That's a great base for every eyeshadow. I prefer neutral looks with something glittery and shiny, so this is an essential for me!

Popular Eyes Products