MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood

4.4

on 5/16/2010 5:54:00 PM

This product is great! It is a shimmery brown that really helps bring out browns when they are used on top of the paint pot. Also layering it on top of itself makes it a bit darker.

on 5/16/2010 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm a golden/yellow toned GGG south asian woman about NC 37 ish. My eyelids and undereye are darker so I have to conceal them. This makes it worse! I look like I have panda eyes, it's awful. This just makes me look tired. If you have naturally darker brown lids that you conceal don't get this. Like any other product or colour, this doesn't look good on everyone. Don't believe people who tell you this is something everyone should buy. I think Indians in general look better with brighter, cooler in tone or deep funkier shades. When you look at Indian makeup brands like Lakme they use flattering colours that you cannot find in Western makeup brands. This doesn't look good as a lid shade with us. Nothing is universal. Certain people look better in certain colors and finishes, and worse in others. I can't pull this off but I can pull of other colors people who use this can't.

on 5/7/2010 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using Indianwood for quite a while now. And I just love it! I've always been into browns/ neutrals especially when it comes to eye makeup. It looks great alone or under any brownish powder shadow. I line this color on my lower lashline too. This is a must have item inside my makeup kit. Will definitely repurchase!

on 5/7/2010 2:02:00 PM

I dunno what I love about this product so much. I like that it can create depth without getting too night-clubish. I use a lot of brown/neutral eyeshadows and pigments and this works great with them as a base to secure the colors while creating a 3 dimension look!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I have really become addicted to this recently. I use it as a base for all my eyeshadows with the exception of blue eyeshadows which can look muddy with this underneath them.
Sometimes tho' I just wear it by itself with mascara. My NW43 skin is quite yellow based so this is a great for me.
Its so easy to wear I mainly apply it with my ring finger, and then I'm good to go. It stays where I put it until I'm ready to take it off. I find it best to apply it thinly otherwise it does build up and migrate into the crease.
As an eyeliner addict this product is really refreshing when I'm running late and can't put on eyeliner.

on 5/5/2010 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Overall I really like it. I am very pale with brown eyes. When I use this on its own as an eyeshadow it really makes my eyes stand out. It's a very beautifull colour.

The only con is that my pot seems to be a bit drier than they other colours I've purchased before. The price is worth it because you get a ton of product.

On days when I have no inspiration or time, I'll just put this on as a lid colour with mascara and it's gorgeous! I recommend applying it with your finger but be very careful. Then use the 217 to go over the colour and to blend it.

on 5/3/2010 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is a beautiful bronzey color on my NC35 skin. It'll be perfect in the summer when you're at the beach or water park. It won't run or smudge. It's great by itself or under other colors. I have work and school days where my makeup is on for more than 10 hours, and this paint pot keeps my shadows from creasing. Just don't apply TOO much, or you might find that it will crease. This will last me a long time, but if the unfortunate day comes when it dries out, I will definitely repurchase!

on 4/28/2010 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

If I ever run out of Indianwood, I'll definitely purchase again. The texture is soooo creamy and on my NW35 skin it shows up more gold than bronze. Layering Indianwood with Goldmine is a knockout!! I can't wait to try it out on someone with darker skin to really see that bronze.

on 4/21/2010 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hmm. Well I think this bronze-y light chocolate brown with gold is too brassy and warm on me. I think it would look killer on girls who are tanner and have blue eyes though. On my green eyes, it makes them look a little muddy and with my pale skin/freckles it just looks too heavy. I love the texture of this paint pot though and how it's two tone! You can spread it very lightly and it's mainly gold, but if you smudge it with your finger a bit it turns more brown, so you can get the look of two eyeshadows with just 1, fun!

on 4/15/2010 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I think this paint pot looks great on gals like me with more medium-olive skin tone. I often wear this paint pot alone with neutral shadows. Does not crease, has great staying power, definitely a must-have in any makeup collection.

Top Rated MAC Products