July 30, 2014 | 1982 users online

Hair Styling Tools - GHD - IV Styler (all sizes)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by jedmo

First of all I have long, thick, wavy hair.. Straightening my hair is always a huge effort and takes so long - even at the hairdressers it takes atleast an hour! If I want to wear my hair straight I have to do it the night before or get up super early. My housemate bought a ghd and suggested I try it - I was AMAZED... all this time I never thought that hair straighteners were that different from eachother.. I had remington wet2straight and I thought that was pretty good... I was SO WRONG...

I have a limited edition GHD from the latest pure series - its blue and really cute and came in a cute heat proof bag and protective case. It heats up so fast and my hair also seems to retain more of the moisture than it did using the remington (I never used it on wet hair). It's also in better condition than it is after the hairdressers. I ofcourse have to use a thermal protectant - that thing gets hot! But it has a little part on the end that is safe to touch without burning yourself. I also don't need to go over each section a million times and it stays longer - I can't believe I didn't buy into this sooner. A GHD is expensive but it really is an investment - the differences are VERY noticeable and if you want straight hair every day - INVEST. You won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Preeti88

I bought this straightener over a year ago after lusting after it for many years. It is fantastic as it leaves your hair shiny, glossy and poker straight. I find that I don't need to touch up my hair the next day as it stays pretty straight after using this. This also can curl and wave your hair which great so even though it retails for over 100 you really get your money's worth with this, it really is an investment product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by drwholass1018

I think that this is the best straightener...ever. It is perfect for my thick hair and I could not imagine my life without it. Although if I had to buy again then I would get the wider plates version, as they are more suited to thicker hair. The slimmer plates however do well with my hair, but they take a long time. All in all I highly recommend, and would urge anyone to go with ghd if they are torn between a few.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Nenalata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I switched to this after using a Gorgeous hair straightener, and I'm so glad I did! It's easier to straighten with this, and the result is much smoother and lasts longer. Someone told me that GHDs are life changing, and they totally are! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Allmacedup10

This is an amazing styler. i if i had to (which i wont because it will last forever) i would repurchase in an instant. i have thick hair that is pretty striaght naturally but even when i straighten my hair from curly its flawless and shiny and lasts all day. never frizzy. i love this so much plus i can curl with it :-) a wonderful investment

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by jollyraizada

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just can say that it's amazing. If you style your hair freqently, it's a good investment. Previously, I was using an ordinary straightner that was okay but my hair are much shinier and sleeker now. It heats up very fast and you don't have to pull your hair while using it. I really can't live without it now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 7:25:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

I can not live without my GHD Straightener! I have to admit, it is a huge investment, I was very hesitant at first to buy it thinking my normal $40 straightener does the exact same thing. I did check online to see if I could get a good deal on it since its retailed for $299, but I did not want to risk it since there was so many fakes out there.
It heats up soo fast, the quality of straightening and curls it produces, none of the other straightener can match up.
It is very hot so I do suggest those who do not use heat protectant to invest in some if you are going to use this iron.
I usually just lightly brush the straightener through my hair every morning I get this absolutely natural looking straight hair, and it also does not take away the volume or shine of your hair.
I do notice that during the winter when I use it, it does make my hair static during the day, but that is not an issue for me since an anti frizz product will resolve that problem.
Would I buy it again? Consider its about $299 retail, and I'm very happy with it because I've got beautiful hair everyday, I think its priceless, so off course!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by nennolicious

ok so my hair is very curly, thick texture and dry from all the straightening of previous straighteners...so my hair was always dull and frizzy...until i decided one day to spend a spare 250$ AUD that were just waititng to be spent on a hair starightener. Yeh they cost way too much, but I really needed something to fix my crowing glory. after watching heaps of videos and reading a whole lot of reviews, my heart beated faster and faster at the sight of a GHD. And there it was love at first sight, we understood each other very well, my GHD knew what needed to be done. My hair now has a new personality, its bouncy, its shiny, and even when it rains it is still good. I can now, curl wave, flipp i never dared to do those with previous ones. Even people that know me comment and ask how and what I do to it. So sisters/bros, if you really need a great fix, especially if you have hard to deal with hair, GHD is defenitly what you need, just save up, no matter how long it will take, it is absolutely worth it at the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by graceholliwell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Expensive but doesn't put me off because they are the perfect hair straightener and have lasted forever. Incredible product; a lot of people's HG including mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by missjanesmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

H.G. with a capital H and a capital G

My Holy Grail of not only straighteners but this is my HG hair product!

I have shoulder length fine hair, but so much of it is can be just a frizzy or static mess.No matter how many products I used, what kind of ceramic hair dryer I tried, my hair would stay frizzy (not curly or wavy, just thick frizz)

I have had my GHD IV's since Christmas 2007 now and have never looked back. Not only is my hair finally straight, but it's soft, silky and shiny. I really think these have actually improved the quality of my hair! It also keeps the volume quite well. I no longer need lots of serums or conditioners - no longer needed. I have even cut my hair shorter since and tried out other styles knowing these will keep my hair in check!!

I never thought of trying these for the price and tried others around the 30-40 range which didn't really work and I finally got these off my parents for Christmas. Now I know why these are so expensive and think they're actually worth the price. The first week of using them everyone kept commenting and even asking me if I'd been to the hairdresser that day.