BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

3.1

water * octyldodecanol * glycerin * cetyl dimethicone * glyceryl stearate * tapioca starch * phenyl trimethicone * potassium cetyl phosphate * cyclopentasiloxane * titanium dioxide * phenoxyethanol * tribehenin * sesame seed oil * caprylyl glycol * mica * behenyl alcohol * cetyl alcohol * polyacrylate 13 * sweet almond seed extract * carbomer * PEG-100 stearate * polylsobutene * aminomethyl propanol * benzophenone-4 * butylene glycol * sorbic acid * lentinus edodes extract * disodium EDTA * BHT * iron oxides * fragrance * sorbitan isostearate * raspberry fruit extract * anthemis nobilis flower extract * polysorbate 20 * sodium methylparaben * algae extract * tin oxide * sodium propylparaben * sodium ethylparaben * methylparaben * linalool * propylene glycol * ethylparaben * butylparaben * chlorphenesin * red33 * citric acid * propylparaben * isobutylparaben * sodium dehydroacetate

i was quite disappointed with this product. first off, you only get 11ml of product for almost €30 euro. the packaging is very pretty, i like the design and the colour scheme, as i do with most Benefit products. but the product was an absolute rip off for the amount of money i paid for it.

to me it seems like an expensive, pink moisturiser. i use it sparingly mixed in with my foundation (L'oreal infallible) and highlighter (Benefit high beam). i find that it does not do much to improve the condition of my skin, and it doesnt live up to its claims as i find it didnt 'brighten' my face in any way.
unfortunately, this product was a dud for me. i found it to be virtually useless and no longer bother to incude it in my makeup routine. i will use up the end of it, but i will not repurchase. i do not recommend it to any of you lovely people, save our $$$ and buy something worth using!

on 12/23/2012 10:11:00 PM

I had heard such great things about this product, but I was disappointed with the results. The first thing I noticed was that it didn't brighten my skin at all.

It felt nice on my skin, and it wasn't irritating which is great because I have sensitive skin.

But with foundation on top, I found it emphasized my pores which is the exact opposite of what I wanted.

on 12/23/2012 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've had multiple samples of this over the years, and have been using them consistently. However, I don't see that it does anything -- it's not brightening, nor does it really help hold make up in place, It smells nice, comes in cute packaging for the full size, but that's about it. I wish it worked, but I would never purchase the full size as I believe 3 minis equal the full size 0.28 oz which is $28.

on 12/14/2012 5:33:00 PM

Have to say its become a staple product in my makeup bag because it brightens my complexion right up!

If you're considering purchasing, why not get a hold of a small tester tube offline or in store? I did that and it gave me the confidence to buy a whole big thing full of it.

Pros:
Works on most skin colours
Give's you a pinkish colouring
Handy packaging!
Can be used under your foundation, mixed in with it (if its a liquid), or above it. OR on its own.
Covers blemishes and redness
Holds makeup very very well
I feel it hydrates my skin. As I tend to get dry skin, especially in the winter, I feel happy knowing I'm wearing something that doesn't make it worse!
Only need a little splodge!

Cons:
Definitely on the pricey side
Can get a teensy bit messy and might end up taking a bit too much out despite packaging.

Hope this helps! :)

on 12/10/2012 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went into a benefit counter at Debenhams because I wanted to get colour matched to their 'Hello Flawless' Foundation and buy the 'POREfessional' So the lady colour matched me using 'That Gal' and told me I should buy it instead of the POREfessional because its better as it 'corrects' uneven skin tone. At first I hated this product! Sooo sooo much! But now I actually really really like this primer!
PROS
+ Really cute packaging
+ Long lasting on the face
+ Will last forever (Ive had it for about 4 months now)
CONS
- The smell is awful! I hate it.. Its very strong! (Goes away after applied)
- The price is quite high..
- Doesn't 'correct' like the lady said it would

i think this product is very good. its a brightening face primer and it stays true to its name it definitely brightens the face and makes you look brighter. but im not head over heals in love with it i think there are better primers so i dont think ill be repurchasing it again after i use it up

on 11/24/2012 8:01:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favourite primer so far. I got it free with a magazine (a trial size) and have since sourced other trial sizes (I really like the convenience of the trial size in my make up bag). I wish I could say this was chemical free and great for you, but it's not. It's chocked full of chemicals. But I only wear it on a fancy night out under my Illamasqua skin base (I'm NC35 in Mac), so I'm hoping I am not doing too much damage.

This goes on smooth and creates a nice even palate. Very helpful with my combination skin and enlarged pores.

Ingredients: WATER (AQUA), OCTYLDODECANOL, GLYCERIN, CETYL DIMETHICONE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, TAPIOCA STARCH, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), PHENOXYETHANOL, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, TRIBEHENIN, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, MICA, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, POLYACRYLATE-13, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) SEED EXTRACT, CARBOMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, POLYISOBUTENE, BENZOPHENONE-4, SORBIC ACID, LENTINUS EDODES EXTRACT, BHT, DISODIUM EDTA, IRON OXIDES (CI77492), FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, POLYSORBATE 20, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN), SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, TIN OXIDE, SODIUM PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM ETHYLPARABEN, ALUMINA, METHYLPARABEN, LINALOOL, SILICA, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, CHLORPHENESIN, RED 33 (CI17200), POLYQUATERNIUM-7, CITRIC ACID, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE. N° 091307-4

on 11/18/2012 10:11:00 AM

I am not a huge fan of Benefit products. This primer gives you a soft pinkish glow underneath your makeup. It worked well with their "gorgeous" foundation. It also kept this foundation from literally sliding off your face after an hour.

on 11/18/2012 7:47:00 AM

I actually use it as a highlighter and it dose the job pretty well

on 11/14/2012 10:06:00 AM

Although this primer has a shimmery pinkish color, when applied with foundation on top of it, it totally disappears. It also doesn't help my makeup stay put. I am not satisfied at all with it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors