BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

3.1

water * octyldodecanol * glycerin * cetyl dimethicone * glyceryl stearate * tapioca starch * phenyl trimethicone * potassium cetyl phosphate * cyclopentasiloxane * titanium dioxide * phenoxyethanol * tribehenin * sesame seed oil * caprylyl glycol * mica * behenyl alcohol * cetyl alcohol * polyacrylate 13 * sweet almond seed extract * carbomer * PEG-100 stearate * polylsobutene * aminomethyl propanol * benzophenone-4 * butylene glycol * sorbic acid * lentinus edodes extract * disodium EDTA * BHT * iron oxides * fragrance * sorbitan isostearate * raspberry fruit extract * anthemis nobilis flower extract * polysorbate 20 * sodium methylparaben * algae extract * tin oxide * sodium propylparaben * sodium ethylparaben * methylparaben * linalool * propylene glycol * ethylparaben * butylparaben * chlorphenesin * red33 * citric acid * propylparaben * isobutylparaben * sodium dehydroacetate

on 11/18/2012 7:47:00 AM

I actually use it as a highlighter and it dose the job pretty well

on 11/14/2012 10:06:00 AM

Although this primer has a shimmery pinkish color, when applied with foundation on top of it, it totally disappears. It also doesn't help my makeup stay put. I am not satisfied at all with it.

on 10/25/2012 11:25:00 AM

This product is a pink, simmery lotion that is marketed as a foundation primer. I have never actually used it as a primer so I cannot offer any information as to whether it helps foundation wear longer or better. I use this product when I am having great skin days and in the summer when I have a little more color on my fair skin and dont want to layer too much on my face (I live in a hot, humid climate). This product smells great. I have very fair skin with red undertones and I feel that this does even out the tone of my skin a bit. It contains a few ingredients that reduce some of the redness. Overall it leaves you with a fresh look...not glittery or sparkley at all. The only con to this product is the packaging. I feel like it wastes a lot of product and I do not feel like you get that much product for your money, which makes this rather pricey.

Overall, I would recommend this product to women with fair skin tones who want a bit of a pink glow to their skin, I dont know how well this product would work with tan and darker skin tones. I would probably recommend to those who are younger without problem skin as this product is expensive and more worth it if you are just wearing it alone, not under foundation and do not need a product that is going to assist with wrinkles.

on 10/1/2012 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While I like this product, I don't think I'll buy it again. I really hate the "twist up" packaging. I have some dull areas on my face and That Gal really helps brighten them up, but I don't think I'm getting $29 worth of value from it.

on 10/1/2012 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I got a deluxe sample size in a trio of primers from BeneFit at Sephora. I am now using this one and have been for 2 weeks. I do not really like it. It does not make my skin smooth, doesn't help my foundation go on or stay any better/longer, and I certainly do NOT see any "glow". Not worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Benefit's That Gal is a "silky pink primer that takes your complexion from dull to darling. Simply blend it on for the look of brighter, smooth skin". This face primer contains "light reflecting pigments to help brighten all skin tones and raspberry and chamomile to sooth the skin". This primer is available in once, universally flattering shade. I really like that Benefit doesn't make any crazy claims about That Gal, they simply promise that it'll brighten the face. A full size tube of That Gal contains 11ml (.37fl oz) and retails for a pretty pricey $29. I got a seemingly tiny sample in the "Ulta-mate Sexy Six" kit. The sample is actually a decent size, it contains 7.5ml (.25 fl oz), working out to a value of about $21.75. I effectively paid $4 for the sample size of this primer, it was one of 6 products in a $24 kit. Good deal, yeah? Benefit does not test on animals and offers a detailed and seemingly honest animal testing policy in their FAQ. This primer was made in the USA. Benefit products are pretty widely available and can be purchased in Sephora, Ulta, Benefit counters in department stores, and online at the brand's website.
My little sample sized primer comes in a small squeeze tube with the name of the product on the front, a cartoon city skyline with a sunset backdrop adorn the back. Benefit always has such cute packaging. The tube is sealed by a black twist on cap. Almost no product info is available on the sample tube. I can't vouch for what info is on the full size product or it's box. The full size version of this face primer comes packaged entirely different. It's a plastic twist up tube with the same urban design. It doesn't seem very functional, I think I'd prefer the little squeeze tube.
That Gal is a soft, peachy pink with a very smooth texture and no visible glitter. That Gal is a little on the thin side. This primer blends in flawlessly and is quite subtle once blended in. Does That Gal brighten? Yeah! It gives the skin a subtle, beautiful luminosity, but don't go overboard with it. On the wrong skin type Bad Gal can give the look of oily skin if used all over the face, especially under a dewy foundation. If you feel the need to use this primer all over the face, it's best to do so under a matte to semi-matte foundation. If you have a drier skin type, That Gal might be passable to wear all over the face, otherwise stick to areas you'd like to brighten or highlight. I use That Gal to prime under the eyes mainly, as well as under the brow and other normal places to highlight. The soft luminosity shows through foundation, creating a brightened but not highlighted look. Its a really pretty effect. Though it mainly functions as a primer, That Gal can also be used as a highlight if that's more of your style.
So That Gal certainly brightens, but how does it work as a primer, otherwise? It provides very light but noticeable coverage, which is why I like it under the eyes, if you don't have dark circles it could probably replace your concealer. I don't feel like That Gal improves or prolongs foundation wear, but it does help foundation go on smoother. You're not much of a primer if you can't do that though. I actually find that That Gal blurs the looks of the larger pores on my nose better than their Porefessional primer. That's a little ironic, isn't it?
Benefit's That Gal is a very good brightening primer. The texture is luxurious and very blendable. The brightening effect is subtle, natural, and very pretty. Equally as pretty as the adorable packaging. I'm not sure if That Gal improves foundation wear, but it does give a smooth canvas to apply foundation and concealer over. That alone makes it a pretty good primer. That Gal lives up to it's sole claim of brightening the complexion and then some. Oh and I should mention that That Gal has a super light, very fresh berry scent. I really like Benefit's That Gal Brightening Face Primer. I recommend picking up this primer if you have some extra cash on hand, especially if you have dull skin that needs to be perked up a bit. I would repurchase Bad Gal if I could afford it. Maybe I'll pick up a second Sexy Six pack.

on 9/21/2012 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This product smells wonderful (grape scent?) and does an ok job as a primer. It helps set the foundation but doesn't really do anything in terms of brightening. It also doesn't fill in pores and lines like what you'd expect from a "primer". Other cheaper products work better.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My co worker swear by this product for giving her an even palette for her powder foundation. I tried it, and I felt like it didn't really add anything to my look. Some have said this makes their bronzers "pop" when added on top of this product, but I didn't experience that. I am NW15-20, and this didn't do anything for me, unlike MAC's Prep and Prime in Adjust, which is a peachy shade that seems very similar to this product.

I love the smell of this product, it smells absolutely delicious. And the packaging is genius, easy to apply and small enough to carry around without it getting lost.
Sometimes i wear this alone (or over POREfessional) and i love the warm glow finish.
On the downside, it doesn't seem to last very long in the summer weather since i sweat and my t-zone gets really oily after a few hours. Also the price is a bit high.

on 9/8/2012 6:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had a sample size of this product to try so I can't comment on the packaging but overall this was a decent product in my opinion. I wouldn't purchase it again because when I am super pale or not that tan the color can make my face look a tad bit pink or orange so I think I would like this product better if it was clear or not pigmented. I have only tried a few primers in the past and have found that they don't work at all but this one really did make my makeup last all day...and I sweat alot when I work somedays! I just wish it wasn't pigmented....I'm not sure dry skin would like this but combination to oily is probably ideal. I will say that this did not luminate my skin at all. It did before I put on foundation but after that all shimmer/ luminating qualities were gone. This primer has made me want to try other primers out there.

Popular Primer/ Correctors