April 20, 2014 | 983 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Castille Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by birdsofafeather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just a fun bit of errata for those that note that this product, while great for a body wash tends to be to strong for, as one reviewer put it "your lady bits"--- Ever notice how many men love this particular Dr. Bronner's soap? Well, for the same reason it's too strong for your lady bits, it's rather stimulating to the man bits!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by donnatd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best bathing product during a heat wave.
You can use it as shower gel, shampoo, hand soap, or bubble bath.

When you are hot, sweaty, dog-tired, stressed and grouchy,
jumping into the shower with this gives you a shivery sensation upon scrubbing, super refreshing when you need it.
There is little fragrance left on the skin, just the woooooosh
of refreshment. No additives, and it rinses clean.

It is gentle cleansing for most skin types (NOT for use in
intimate areas!)- and is unisex- even kids would enjoy it.

Super, natural product that comes in handy when other soaps might not feel so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Ceciliaaaa

Excellent soap! Cleans well, lathers well and smells great. Plus, it leaves a tingling sensation on your skin so you feel refreshed after you shower. Warning: avoid eye area cause it's peppermint flavored so it'll sting if you put some on sensitive areas. The price is great for such quality and the bottle has some interesting facts on it. Will buy some of their stuff again since they mostly use natural ingredients in their products which is quite rare to find these days.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

-don't use this on your face it is very dring.
-I use it on my back to keep acne away.
- it works great at getting deoderant off my underarm so my razer doesn't get mucked up.
-I smells good
-great for cleaning makeup brushes

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by nicurly

I love the smell of this and use it as a body wash. Just beware that it burns your ladybits!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by beautyisinside

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NO sls is great! (It tears up my mouth (degreaser/foaming agent), dries my skin & scalp.) Smells great and a little goes a long way.

People + water friendly!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by surf222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best body wash! The scent is perfect for early mornings and it makes your body clean without over drying. Trader Joe's has it for the cheapest I believe-even cheaper than Target. The bottle is large but will last a long time. I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by valexander

Yes, yes, and yes to this soap. I am a lifelong addict from now on. It is perfectly mild and non-irritating, and the peppermint is a perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day. I have the most finicky, sensitive skin when it comes to soaps, and this has not irritated me in the least. I used it in place of my facial cleanser one day in a pinch, and let's just say I threw my facial cleanser away once I found it. I get so many compliments on my skin when I use this in conjunction with a good moisturizer. Try this soap in any variety! The lavender is just as great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by saxcat513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This soap is terrific! I have the bar soap version, and I love to wash my hair with it. The pepperminty menthol cooling sensation is so refreshing on your scalp! I have natural, uncoloured hair though so it may be a bit drying to use this alone on colour treated or permed hair.

This is also great as a body soap- gives you a good, clean feeling without the usual dryness of your typical bar soap.

I also have the Tea Tree Oil and the Lavender bar soaps. I love them all!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by mishilafferty

I originally bought this a couple of days ago to clean my makeup brushes after seeing dulcecandy87 on yt raving about it. Not familiar with any of Dr. Bronner's products so I decided to buy the 2oz bottle at Target (only $1.99 btw) to give it a try.

First let me tell you that my E.L.F. flat top powder brush that I use to apply my Revlon Colorstay is a pain in the butt to clean; the brush is already super dense and then the foundation is just hard to clean off cause it's heavy duty youknow? Lol So last night I tried out this soap and I literally only had to use 2 drops to clean the elf brush. I WAS AMAZED! With little effort and in no time at all, all of my brushes were completely cleaned! I'm so happy I got this soap. It makes cleaning brushes so easy!

I'm glad I got the 2oz bottle because a little goes a long way. But I might have to buy a bigger bottle because after reading all of the reviews below, wow I think I'm going to have to try it for everything! Definitely pick this up if you haven't already. You will not be disappointed.