July 29, 2014 | 1090 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by k8t3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I've had mine for almost 5 years and its still working!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best straightener out there. Over the past 4 years, I bought 2 because I dropped my first one and it broke. But this straightener is well worth the price. If you're worried about the steep price tag, think of it as an investment that would last you years! My hair is naturally thick, wavy, and frizzy. Blow drying never helped me. Before the Chi, I used Hot Tools, which got the job done. I switched over to Chi after reading reviews on MUA. I did not regret that decision! This straighter is hot and ready to go after a minute of turning it on. You also don't need to iron a piece of hair over and over again to make it straight. I could straighten my hair in about 30 minutes with this (with Hot Tools it would take me around 45 minutes). You'll get perfectly straight hair with this. I recently got one for my mom, who is too frugal to spend over $100 on a hair straightener. She was using one she got at Target for $20. She fell in love with it! She said it was easier to use and made her hair exactly the way she wanted it in half the time.
The only con to this flat iron is the damage it does to your hair. Flat irons cause so much damage to anyone's hair, no matter how often you use them. But that's the price you have to pay for beautiful, straight hair I guess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have straight hair that I curl almost daily. I've tried it all... multiple sizes of curling irons and every variety of drugstore straightening iron and some others like Hot Tools, but I resisted buying the CHI because of the price. How good could it be? Could it really be that much better than Hot Tools? Well a month ago I came across a sale where they were selling them for $25 and I got one and that thing pretty much BLEW MY MIND. This works so much better than anything from the drugstore or hot tools. I highly recommend that you try someone elses or go somewhere where you can try one to see the difference if you're holding off on paying the $$. I was wrong to wait and have now learned that when it comes to straighteners apparently you get what you pay for.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by betseylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i had my chi flat iron for only 7 months. i invested my money into this because i expected it to last for at least a few years. it was good while it lasted. my hair looked straighter with this one than my other straighteners, although this one fried it a lot more than the others.

BUT i paid 160 for this piece of crap that stopped working after a few months definitely regret buying it, and when i called the company they were SO rude. never buying a chi ever again. i just got a ghd and it's tons better.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Luckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The product worked very well, but it must be poorly made because my cord shorted out and I didnt even have the straightener for more than 6 months, plus I took very good care of it. My friend who also got one had her cord act up, and now she has a hard time using it. Wish I didnt waste all my money on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by smellerie03

i love my chi!!! I've had my chi for over 3yrs! I paid 100 bucks best 100 bucks ever!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by missmindy

I've had a CHI for over 5 years and its been pretty good to me. Actually, the reason i've had it for soo long is because after having one for two years, one of the plates broke for no reason.. and they sent me a new one. My friend also had one that they brought to europe and it melted because the iron didn't have a converter for the voltage (its much higher in europe) so basically its bad to travel with out of the country if your a jet setter.

Other than that, i've been pretty happy with it. I just don't flat iron my hair everyday because its damaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by teeheehee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i lo0o0o0o0o0ve my chi. ive had it for 2 years and its still going strong. i have wavy fine hair and dont see loads of breakage. i would totally recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by missxlkt

i dont really have this product but my hairstylist uses this hair straightener on me & it works pretty awesome . i have mad wavy hair so yeah it gives me perfectly straight hair (:

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

I ended up getting this iron in the pretty baby blue color awhile ago. My hair went through several changes while using this iron but it was extremely damaging more so than other irons were to my hair. I have medium coarse long straight hair that I have had blonde all the way to dark brunette. I used it very sparingly on my blonde tresses which caused instant breakage. The heat was just too much for it. Then when used with my long brunette hair it was still just too much heat for it. For me it isnt worth the damage. I switched to using a straightening iron with an adjustable setting. I ended up giving this CHI iron to my niece who has naturally small tight curly hair. It gives her BEAUTIFUL straight hair but me damaged ugly hair.