September 14, 2014 | 2169 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Pleasures Delight

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by cassandrajane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has a nice pleasant scent. I like it. Ive never purchased it though (Estee lauder perfumes are pricey!). But I enjoy when I get samples of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2007 6:56:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

This is the only EL fragrance I enjoy wearing. I do like the original Pleasures, but it's not really 'me', so I don't wear it much. This new fragrance is girly and delicious. The patchouli that everybody else finds understated actually develops with full attitude on me, and layering this with the original Pleasures really tames it down, resulting in a truly unique combination. I can't detect any of the floral tones from Pleasures in the Delight version, and it's not that Delight isn't a fantastic fragrance by itself, but layered together is the way I prefer it, and I appreciate the original Pleasures much more this way. Pleasures Delight comes in the same classic and classy bottle as the original, but with pale pink liquid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 4:32:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

EDIT: I got the big bottle for Xmas from my dear boyfriend, and I have been wearing it everyday just because I love it so.

I got a sample of this in a magazine and it smells sooooooo good! I think this will be one of the next perfumes that I will plan on buying. To me, it smells of strawberries and vanilla icing, with a hint of floral. I am not sure on this perfume's notes but that is my impression of this scent. I am a huge fan of fruity/food scents, so this is right up my alley. I love it! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Africanbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this, the question is how much do I like this. I'm still discovering this scent, and lately my sniffer hasn't been at it's peak (I know that's bad to admit when giving a perfume review lol) but here's my observations...
If you like Pink Sugar, Victoria's Secret Mood Sweet Craving, Angel by Thierry Mugler, then there's an excellent chance you will enjoy this. Unlike Pleasures Exotic I don't think this scent becomes Pleasures on my skin. It begins with a patchouli/sugary start, then becomes sugary, fruity, with a musk/patchouli background.
I'm normally not a fan of scents with patchouli, but I think if you let this settle on your skin for a couple of minutes, then it goes way down on the notes list. I guess the patchouli was necessary to stop this from being too foody (which I don't think is possible lol), maybe? Anyhow I definitely enjoy wearing this, it's not overbearing in the slightest, which is suprising considering the perfumes it reminds me of Pink Sugar, Victoria's Secret Sweet Craving, Angel by Thierry Mugler all of which I find overbearing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict628

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This fragrance, as suggested by its name, is delight in a bottle! The scent is sweet yet complex with a hint of floral, not at all the childish candy vanilla that so many girls at my school wear. I have decided long ago to break away from the stereotypical candy scent that is too sweet and make you smell cheap, but needless to say, I still have my occasional craving for sweet scents. That is where Pleasure Delight comes in! For those days that just make your life a total crap sandwich, I just spray this on, and my day instantly brightens! This fragance has the complication that I love in a perfume but also the youthfullness that is appropriate for my age. My only complaint is that it can smell plastic-y on me sometimes, but it eventually goes away after about 30 minutes. All in all, a lovely fragrance and dare I say it, my favorite gourmed scent(for now!)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2007 8:38:00 AM More reviews by frinze

I got a sample of this in a magazine. It smells fresh,creamy,fresh & a hint of spice? It's a breeze to smell but i think it's overpowering. too vanilla in my opinion. I don't see myself using this everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 7:43:00 PM More reviews by carrieminn

I love this! I haven't bought it yet, but plan to do so this winter, or maybe ask for it for Christmas. I'm not a fan of the other Pleasures fragrances, but this one is great. It's a wonderful scent that smells as great on me as it does in the bottle. This is similar to Angel (which I do not like at all), but not as heavy. The perfect cool weather scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by cinna7733

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume it's my favorite right now. I think that it's the best gourmand type fragrance out there right now. It's sweet and yummy but not overly sweet. I highly suggest this for people who like these type of fragrances and I hope they never discontinue.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by DaleJrsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE!!! I sniffed it first several times at my local Belk store and loved it each time. And I sprayed it once on one of their tester strips and got some on my fingers and couldn't stop sniffing my fingers after I left the store. But I was still leery of purchasing because I didn't like the original Pleasures fragrance. However, I finally caved and pre-ordered with the free gift they had this week and it was well worth the wait!

It starts off very fruity and I can definitely smell the strawberries (I can't wait to get some strawberry lotion to layer this with), the strawberries lasted through the whole process on me topnotes, middle notes, and basenotes. The middle note is more floral and in the basenotes I could definitely smell the patchouli but it wasn't overbearing at all.

I can't wait for the matching body products to come out in this! I'll be there with bells on to get the body lotion and shower gel!

I highly recommend this fragrance to anyone who loves floral oriental gourmand type fragrances. I think I'll be wearing this fragrance alot during the fall and winter months, and sprayed lightly it could even last into spring and early summer!

And if you didn't like the original Pleasures don't worry, this is NOTHING like it at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by babydolltrish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I do not like Pleasures (the original), and was leary to even try Pleasures Delight, but the ad i saw in my Glamour Magazine was PURE GENIUS! All of the pink cupcakes, and candy and strawberries....wow, so i smelled the fragrance strip in the magazine and was smitten! I sniffed on that for a few days, until i could wait no longer and went to Dillard's to get it ASAP! I love it! It is so warm, yet floral, and pure delicious! After 2 days of wearing the perfume, i went ahead and got the lotion to layer with it....pure heaven. I agree with many in the fact that it is alot like Pink Sugar which i also love...but the sugary vanilla warmth is mixed with lovely flowers, and a true marriage of the two types of fragrances. The pinkish color is so pretty too. Sure to be a favorite for a long time!

Update: Oh man...this is one of my top 3 fragrances (behind Truly Pink, and Beautiful) and I absolutely adore it. I get tons of compliments on it, and wear it all the time. I love the lotion, and the bath gel too,,, just a lovely scent! i love how they managed to put the foody notes with the floral notes, and come out with pure perfection.